2020 Big Bad Low Spin Shaft Test

On 8/27/2020 at 12:50 PM, gioguy21 said:

so -- due to housekeeping issues i won't get into - GGE is no longer on the site and JT is taking a haitus until things can get resolved; there's a distinct possibility he may not come back. 

however, i'm here if i can help in any capacity fellas; ask away

Hmmmm. That’s disappointing. I ordered 2 Tensei Raw 2.0 shafts from him over a month ago and still don’t have them. He messaged me on August 23rd saying they’re still being made and I’ll get them the same time the tour gets them and now I’m just hoping to get them before the weather turns if I get them at all. 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, if you are in communication with JT, please just let him know we appreciate all he did here and hope things work out! The site is definitely not as good without him here.

so -- due to housekeeping issues i won't get into - GGE is no longer on the site and JT is taking a haitus until things can get resolved; there's a distinct possibility he may not come back.  howev

Deleted

Posted Images

1 hour ago, StillCantPutt said:

Hmmmm. That’s disappointing. I ordered 2 Tensei Raw 2.0 shafts from him over a month ago and still don’t have them. He messaged me on August 23rd saying they’re still being made and I’ll get them the same time the tour gets them and now I’m just hoping to get them before the weather turns if I get them at all. 

Judging by past threads on GGE, your items wont ship until you start a paypal dispute.

• Like 1

Mavrik + ATMOS TS Blue 6-D4-44.75" / Mavrik 4W + ATMOS TS Blue 7-D3-43" / Mavrik Pro 3H + Pro 2.0 8H-D3-40" / XForged UT + ATMOS TS Black 9H-D3-38.5" / Apex 19 Pro + C-Taper / MD5 / Odyssey SL Black 7 + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

59 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Judging by past threads on GGE, your items wont ship until you start a paypal dispute.

@StillCantPutt This is correct. You just need to file the dispute now. If not, you could be waiting much longer.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

5 hours ago, StillCantPutt said:

You were on a PRE order. As in, not made yet. I don't have mine either btw. If u want ur money back request it - not sure what to tell ya. Not his fault. And third-times-a-charm...no need for that considering this guy put money down for a shaft that hasn't been built yet...he can do as he pleases, ease up on the horse kicking...reach out to Ed at GGE and see if he can't make it right.

SIM 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / Tensei AV White RAW prototype 2.0 65TX tipped 1" playing 45"

Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"

SIM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX

Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X

MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)

Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

Taylormade SIM 8* - Ventus Black 6x / Smoke Green 60TX / AV Raw White 2.0 65TX
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Fujikura Ventus 7x
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Taylormade 790 3 iron - Tensei White 100TX
Srixon 745 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 - SST Pure
Ping Glide 3.0 - 50SS - TI S400

Taylormade MG2 TW - 56 & 60 - TI S400
Sik Pro C Armlock

7 minutes ago, gioguy21 said:

You were on a PRE order. As in, not made yet. I don't have mine either btw. If u want ur money back request it - not sure what to tell ya. Not his fault. And third-times-a-charm...no need for that considering this guy put money down for a shaft that hasn't been built yet...he can do as he pleases, ease up on the horse kicking...reach out to Ed at GGE and see if he can't make it right.

I had a call with him on Friday, per JT, the 2.0's aren't even in the country yet, so I'm also waiting on what is still a pre-order. I won't say what he said re: timelines as it's not my company or story, but I'm not concerned that I'm going to get screwed out of a shaft or he's sitting on these. Last shaft I ordered from him was a super smooth transaction.

1 hour ago, Brian8225 said:

I had a call with him on Friday, per JT, the 2.0's aren't even in the country yet, so I'm also waiting on what is still a pre-order. I won't say what he said re: timelines as it's not my company or story, but I'm not concerned that I'm going to get screwed out of a shaft or he's sitting on these. Last shaft I ordered from him was a super smooth transaction.

I agree with you, all the transactions I’ve had with gge have been super smooth and zero issues. I’ve ordered 3 shafts and a m3 head and when I had an issue(which really wasn’t) they resolved it with zero questions or hesitation. I don’t know what happened with him on the site nor do I care as I would still do business with them 

I’ve ordered probably 8-10 shafts or heads from them over the years and have never had an issue. 

Driver: EF SZ Triple Diamond at 6.5* - T1100 6.5 tipped 1.5"
Hybrid: G410 @ 16* - Evenflow Black 85x tipped 1.5”
Ping i500 4i @ 20* - Modus 120tx
Miura MC 501 4-P - Modus 120tx
Bridgestone TourB XW1 50*/55* - X100
Callaway MD 4 raw 60* - S400
Scotty Cameron Catalina Two - original, oil can.

[url="https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova"]https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova[/url]

2 hours ago, gioguy21 said:

Not looking for my money back, more or less looking for a date as to when to expect what I purchased already. I have to imagine he has a date as to when to expect them from where he purchased from so he should be able to provide a date to me. That’s all. Hoping they show up sometime in the next couple of weeks or so. 

8 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I can honestly say I have not ever had an issue with them. I've ordered three shafts from and have never had to file a dispute. My order to delivery times have all been about three weeks. They have someone else assemble them. So that takes some time. Pre order is probably a crap shoot as their hands are tied by the manufacturer. 

16 hours ago, mizuno player said:

I can honestly say I have not ever had an issue with them. I've ordered three shafts from and have never had to file a dispute. My order to delivery times have all been about three weeks. They have someone else assemble them. So that takes some time. Pre order is probably a crap shoot as their hands are tied by the manufacturer. 

Good to know - thanks for the insight.

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2020 at 11:10 AM, StillCantPutt said:

Good to know - thanks for the insight.

Getting back to you -- i got word that they were potentially receiving delivery sometime this week. i'm sure your order will be getting to you soon enough -- 

Cheers 

Gio

SIM 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / Tensei AV White RAW prototype 2.0 65TX tipped 1" playing 45"

10 hours ago, pinhigh27 said:

listen man, take your negative somewhere else. you do realize they had to start their website from scratch with the inability to get writers to test and write editorials for every club out there...

I'm on the forum over there -- you gonna call me a phony too? 

i've talked to JT and Ed on the phone - they are the furthest thing from a scam.

if ya got nothing nice to say, say nothin at all bud.

***i implore ANYONE on here who has either had something on order with GGE or waitlisted for something to write to them via their forum website. due to technical complications with GGE's account on here, they are unable to access their inboxes. they are NOT ignoring you - they just don't have a way to find every person who's reached out to them*** 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StillCantPutt said:

Funny, Ed emailed me and provided me a tracking number today. Hope they actually show up. Thanks!

of course! like i said - they still value every single one of their customers from WRX. 

11 minutes ago, gioguy21 said:

listen man, take your negative somewhere else. you do realize they had to start their website from scratch with the inability to get writers to test and write editorials for every club out there...

I'm on the forum over there -- you gonna call me a phony too? 

i've talked to JT and Ed on the phone - they are the furthest thing from a scam.

if ya got nothing nice to say, say nothin at all bud.

***i implore ANYONE on here who has either had something on order with GGE or waitlisted for something to write to them via their forum website. due to technical complications with GGE's account on here, they are unable to access their inboxes. they are NOT ignoring you - they just don't have a way to find every person who's reached out to them*** 

I talked to toll the other day on the site as I’ve been a member shortly after they launched it. He’s been in contact with me since I snagged a test shaft from him and just sent me other message after the sale about other future things they have going on. If he was scamming why would he stay in constant contact and tell me about future plans they have. They are good people over there and I’ll say it again, I’ve never had any issues. 4 shafts and a tour issue driver head.

Just a follow up, the shafts did arrive albeit it took far, far longer than anticipated. I’m sure they’re honest folks, just not good business people. Hopefully they figure that part out and learn to set the correct way expectations because they offer things that are in limited supply and often times impossible to find elsewhere. I wish them the best of luck down the road. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing the Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70 TX and it's been really good for me but I'm always wanting to tinker and see what else is out there. Was fit at CC early in the season and driver SS was 120.2 on average (probably a little higher now) but I'm a bit steep so AOA is pretty neutral and spin 2500 with spikes around 3000. Forget my launch angle but it was around 9 or 10 deg. I like the feel of the shaft I have now I'd just like some recommendations on similar shafts that are close to the Diamana DF maybe to lower my spin some. Previously had a Ventus Black 7X but was spinning a lot more and 15 yards shorter than the Diamana. TS3 I've had set to 7.75 deg with TSi3 8 deg coming in at the end of the month.

Titleist TSi3 8 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5

Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90X

Titleist T200 4 - Project X 6.5

Titleist T100 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM8 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 2:21 PM, gioguy21 said:

Hey Gio do you happen to know where I could view the chart of data on these shafts? Bummer GGE is not here anymore, they always had the info I was looking for 

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

On 11/26/2020 at 8:05 AM, ThunderBuzzworth said:

Hey Gio do you happen to know where I could view the chart of data on these shafts? Bummer GGE is not here anymore, they always had the info I was looking for 

http://www.ggevaluations.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8

Taylormade SIM 10.5* w/Ventus Black 7X/Rogue White 70TX(revolving door still/always in progress)

Taylormade '17 M1 3HL w/ Fubuki Alpha 80X

Srixon U65  4 iron 23* AMT X100

Mizuno MP18 Hifli 5&6 TI X100

Srixon 785's 7-pw TI X100

Cleveland CBX2 48* TI X100

Wilson staff model forged 52, 56, & 60(hi toe) w/ S400's.

Ping Kushin 34"

TP5x