Sqairz Arrow Golf Shoes

I rarely post reviews about anything but I was so impressed with my experience with Sqairz golf that I decided to post a review.

First off the customer service is outstanding. I emailed a few questions to them about the shoes and shipping and who did I receive a call from? The company founder and CEO Bob Winskowicz called me personally. We were on the phone a good 15 minutes and he answered all of my questions. The he took my order personally over the phone and I had the shoes the next day. Really amazing customer service.

On to the shoes. First off the pictures on the website don’t do these shoes justice. They look amazing in person. Very modern but also very classic at the same. I really like the look of these shoes. Right out of the box they were extremely comfortable. The laces they come with have little nubs on them that keep the laces in place. They worked very well as they stayed tight throughout both rounds I’ve used them so far.

The stability of these shoes is where they really shine. These are the most stable shoes I have ever worn. On full swings they really keep you in balance. I felt extremely stable throughout the entire swing. What surprised me and in a good way was the benefit in the shorter shots. Even on uneven lies I felt very balanced and very stable. These shoes are the best I’ve ever owned in that category.

The comfort while playing was outstanding. My feet felt great after both rounds. Lastly the square toe definitely helps with alignment. It’s a cool feature. As a life long Footjoy guy I can say with certainty that I have found a new brand. I will be ordering from Sqairz from now on.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I LOVE mine! Played about 8-9 rounds with them so far. The alignment that the square toe offers has helped me greatly in getting my alignment correct from the tee box to the putting green. With wide feet and it being difficult to find shoes to find that fit, I ordered these based on the review of some of the testers on this board and couldn't be more pleased. I have the white with red but just ordered the white and navy because they look and perform just that well.  Bravo to Sqairz for this outstanding product!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2020 at 6:22 AM, ronnbee said:

look like bowling shoes

To each his own. I'll take the comfort the square toe provides along with the enhancement to balance and stability they provide any day! It is also nice to "break out of the pack" and be a little different than everyone else! ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just received a pair of the new White with Navy and a pair of Gray with Gray to round out my collection. Since receiving the Black with Gray to review I will not wear another brand of golf shoe! The fit and comfort are outstanding and they bring added balance and stability to my game. I had to have other color options as I think I was wearing out the Black ones!  -  Just Kidding!!

A lot of "Navy" tends to be so dark as to almost look black. That is not the case with this pair as the "blue" in the Navy really comes through. The Gray with the Gray I see as an improvement over the original Gray with Blue as they can be worn with more colors for those who like to look "stylish" on the golf course.

I really love these shoes!

1 hour ago, phil75070 said:

I just received a pair of the new White with Navy and a pair of Gray with Gray to round out my collection. Since receiving the Black with Gray to review I will not wear another brand of golf shoe! The fit and comfort are outstanding and they bring added balance and stability to my game. I had to have other color options as I think I was wearing out the Black ones!  -  Just Kidding!!

A lot of "Navy" tends to be so dark as to almost look black. That is not the case with this pair as the "blue" in the Navy really comes through. The Gray with the Gray I see as an improvement over the original Gray with Blue as they can be worn with more colors for those who like to look "stylish" on the golf course.

I really love these shoes!

Nice pickups Phil! Can you post some pictures of the new colors? That navy is calling out to me!

Myself I am a little disappointed in the shoes.  They are very heavy and hot.  Soles are made of very basic material.  Also didn’t care much for the tight spike design as it picked up a lot of grass.  They look good and enjoyed the room in the front toe box.  I have a slightly closed stance with an open front foot so the flat front didn’t do much for alignment. Pricing should be around 75 bucks. Way over paid and in process of trying to return. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Nvd13 said:

Myself I am a little disappointed in the shoes.  They are very heavy and hot.  Soles are made of very basic material.  Also didn’t care much for the tight spike design as it picked up a lot of grass.  They look good and enjoyed the room in the front toe box.  I have a slightly closed stance with an open front foot so the flat front didn’t do much for alignment. Pricing should be around 75 bucks. Way over paid and in process of trying to return. 

Everyone's likes and dislikes will vary. Personally, I won't wear another brand of golf shoe. I have worn the black ones basically all summer here in North Texas and though I find them a little warmer than some golf shoes, that has been an acceptable trade off for me for the degree of waterproofing they have. I have played in some of the wettest and sloppiest conditions and my feet have not gotten the slightest bit wet.

They are definitely heavier than any other golf shoe I personally have worn but I view that as a positive, as being "sturdy". With the amount of golf I play, typically 180 rounds +/- per year, golf shoes don't last a long time for me. I expect these Sqairz shoes to outlast two, three or more pair of the $75-type golf shoes I used to wear. If that is truly the case the price is reasonable. Also, part of that added weight is due to the wider platform that enhance balance and stability - not all shoes do that.

The soles do pick up a lot of grass but that is due to the amount of ground traction they provide. Despite that grass, again in all types of course conditions, I have yet to have either foot slip no matter how fast/hard I've tried to swing.

A square toe, whether you use it as an alignment aid or not, is not to everyone's liking. I like the air of "non-conformity" the square toes give me.  ?

Again, everyone doesn't like the same things and that is Ok that you see them in a different light. I think Sqairz would appreciate your feedback.

One of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had.  Started a return back in June- 3-months later still have not received my refund.

I'll start of by saying I was excited for these shoes.  I wear EE or 4E sized shoes, so an expanded toe box seemed like it might be a good fit.  I struggle to find shoes, go through several pair a year and didn't hesitate to try a pair.  They were a little narrow for me so I decided to return them.

I started the return and they sent back a few emails asking questions and seeing if I wanted to try another size - I didn't want to.  A few days later their CEO gave me a call to talk about it, and he suggested maybe trying a different size.  I told him I wasn't hopeful but if he was willing to cover shipping for sending two pairs back if they didn't work then I would be willing. We decided to do so and he said he'd have them out the next day.  It was a good conversation and I had really appreciated the fact he called me.  Several weeks later I still didn't have a second pair of shoes.

After a month of sending emails and reaching out to their Facebook page to try and get a refund I finally got a response from Mickey Treat their Sales Manager.  He called me and in a very contentious and aggressive phone call insisted that they would never, EVER cover return shipping for any reason and I needed to send them back, add additional insurance to them and as a courtesy would waive the restocking fee.  At this point I was thankful I wasn't covering $20 shipping charge twice, for two pairs of shoes.

In a series of sloppy written emails sent to me for instructions on "MRA Return - GOLD SHOES"  (Correct would be RMA/Golf) I was instructed how to return the shoes and that I would be charged a restocking fee.  I responded that he was supposed to waive that fee and he assured me he's put a note on my account and never misses a note.

5 weeks later, Shoes were delivered - still no refund.  I've emailed and no response.  Still waiting...  

2 hours ago, TheBigBobRob said:

One of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had.  Started a return back in June- 3-months later still have not received my refund.

I'll start of by saying I was excited for these shoes.  I wear EE or 4E sized shoes, so an expanded toe box seemed like it might be a good fit.  I struggle to find shoes, go through several pair a year and didn't hesitate to try a pair.  They were a little narrow for me so I decided to return them.

I started the return and they sent back a few emails asking questions and seeing if I wanted to try another size - I didn't want to.  A few days later their CEO gave me a call to talk about it, and he suggested maybe trying a different size.  I told him I wasn't hopeful but if he was willing to cover shipping for sending two pairs back if they didn't work then I would be willing. We decided to do so and he said he'd have them out the next day.  It was a good conversation and I had really appreciated the fact he called me.  Several weeks later I still didn't have a second pair of shoes.

After a month of sending emails and reaching out to their Facebook page to try and get a refund I finally got a response from Mickey Treat their Sales Manager.  He called me and in a very contentious and aggressive phone call insisted that they would never, EVER cover return shipping for any reason and I needed to send them back, add additional insurance to them and as a courtesy would waive the restocking fee.  At this point I was thankful I wasn't covering $20 shipping charge twice, for two pairs of shoes.

In a series of sloppy written emails sent to me for instructions on "MRA Return - GOLD SHOES"  (Correct would be RMA/Golf) I was instructed how to return the shoes and that I would be charged a restocking fee.  I responded that he was supposed to waive that fee and he assured me he's put a note on my account and never misses a note.

5 weeks later, Shoes were delivered - still no refund.  I've emailed and no response.  Still waiting...  

Brutal, hope you get that refund man. Not sure what is going on with them customer service wise right now, but hopefully they get it back on the right track soon.

• 2 weeks later...

They seem like a nice shoe but I refuse to buy any shoe that tries to sell me on the premise I will hit longer drives or lower my handicap 4 strokes just because I'm wearing their shoes. BS.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

7 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

They seem like a nice shoe but I refuse to buy any shoe that tries to sell me on the premise I will hit longer drives or lower my handicap 4 strokes just because I'm wearing their shoes. BS.

Does Sqairz claim that one's handicap will be reduced by four strokes? I haven't seen this. I see where they report what they have been told anecdotally by one 18 handicapper, that he reduced his handicap substantially. Whether that is true or not I don't know but certainly an 18 handicapper has a lot of room for improvement over someone who has a single digit handicap.

As for distance gains, they can be real. If you just put these shoes on and swing like you do in your Addidas or Footjoys then you'll see no improvement in distance. However, what I have found and what has been documented, apparently, through independent testing, is that one is able to increase their swing speed due to the increased balance, stability and traction that these shoes provide if they are inclined to do so. An increase in swing speed will result in increased distance. Due to differing weather and course conditions it is difficult for me to conclusively say I have gained yardage with the driver. Besides, I'm no pro so my ball striking can be all over the map. What I definitely have seen is an increase in my iron distances on approach by 1/2 to sometimes almost a full club over what I typically have been hitting. Playing the same course 5 days per week gives me a great feel for that.

I really like these shoes and, for me personally, I feel they are the best golf shoes I have ever played in and over the many years I've played golf I've worn most brands. I've played in some really wet and soft conditions and I have yet to have ether of my feet slip while wearing Sqairz. I have now played over 70 rounds since getting my first pair as a reviewer. I switched off to a different golf shoe one round and immediately went back to these the next day and have worn them every round since.

• Like 1

I like me a wide, high toe box. Doesn't Squairz claim the square toes help you line up better, or something to that effect? I had a pair of Callaway shoes many years ago that I LOVED that were VERY square in nature, especially the toes. I felt like it helped a bit with my alignment back then too?

Slight tangent if I may: wore my mesh/suede 990 NB runners to the range thinking "comfort first" the first three times this season. Put my true leather golf shoes on for my 4th and 5th sessions, and immdiately felt the support and stability a golf shoe provides, no matter the brand. It does make me highly question the validity of mesh golf shoes. I'm on board with leather, always. More stability, protection, wear better, waterproof, etc.

I've been looking at shoes and have considered the Squairz. TrueLinks, etc. So many choices these days, but not always for a high, wide toe box.

3 hours ago, phil75070 said:

Does Sqairz claim that one's handicap will be reduced by four strokes? I haven't seen this. I see where they report what they have been told anecdotally by one 18 handicapper, that he reduced his handicap substantially. Whether that is true or not I don't know but certainly an 18 handicapper has a lot of room for improvement over someone who has a single digit handicap.

There's a commercial on Sirius golf about every 15 minutes where Faldo brags about the shoes making you swing faster for more distance. Some other guy then insinuates he went from a 18.5 to a 14 handicap because of the shoes. BS marketing at it's finest.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

24 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

There's a commercial on Sirius golf about every 15 minutes where Faldo brags about the shoes making you swing faster for more distance. Some other guy then insinuates he went from a 18.5 to a 14 handicap because of the shoes. BS marketing at it's finest.

Or at its worst.  Seems there is room for a nice new golf shoe company but this isn't it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

The shoes don't "make you swing faster" they "allow" you to swing faster, should you choose to do so due to the balance, stability and added traction they provide over other golf shoes. The distance gains were documented and are factual as they were done by a well renowned, independent 3rd party, Golf Laboratories that has been around since 1990! You can choose to believe them or not; same with an 18.5 handicapper that says he lowered his handicap by 4 strokes since wearing these golf shoes. All I know is that or a multitude of reasons these are the best golf shoes I've ever owned! As with any product, as they say, YMMV.

That's cool if you like them. The commercial just reminds of the TM ads back when they said their drivers were 17 yards longer. 

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72