Sqairz Arrow Golf Shoes

On 9/14/2020 at 11:30 AM, TheBigBobRob said:

One of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had.  Started a return back in June- 3-months later still have not received my refund.

I'll start of by saying I was excited for these shoes.  I wear EE or 4E sized shoes, so an expanded toe box seemed like it might be a good fit.  I struggle to find shoes, go through several pair a year and didn't hesitate to try a pair.  They were a little narrow for me so I decided to return them.

I started the return and they sent back a few emails asking questions and seeing if I wanted to try another size - I didn't want to.  A few days later their CEO gave me a call to talk about it, and he suggested maybe trying a different size.  I told him I wasn't hopeful but if he was willing to cover shipping for sending two pairs back if they didn't work then I would be willing. We decided to do so and he said he'd have them out the next day.  It was a good conversation and I had really appreciated the fact he called me.  Several weeks later I still didn't have a second pair of shoes.

After a month of sending emails and reaching out to their Facebook page to try and get a refund I finally got a response from Mickey Treat their Sales Manager.  He called me and in a very contentious and aggressive phone call insisted that they would never, EVER cover return shipping for any reason and I needed to send them back, add additional insurance to them and as a courtesy would waive the restocking fee.  At this point I was thankful I wasn't covering $20 shipping charge twice, for two pairs of shoes.

In a series of sloppy written emails sent to me for instructions on "MRA Return - GOLD SHOES"  (Correct would be RMA/Golf) I was instructed how to return the shoes and that I would be charged a restocking fee.  I responded that he was supposed to waive that fee and he assured me he's put a note on my account and never misses a note.

5 weeks later, Shoes were delivered - still no refund.  I've emailed and no response.  Still waiting...  

Wow. Noted. And thanks.

Too bad you're now outside the 60 day window to challenge your credit card charge. Your bank would've credited you credit card, no questions asked.

You should send a copy of the emails to Nick Faldo. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

4 hours ago, caniac6 said:

What makes the claims of these shoes any different to a good pair of spiked shoes from any other brand?

I would suggest you go here (https://sqairz.com/performance/) to see how the many features that are incorporated into the shoe differ from your typical spiked golf shoe. In particular, among a couple of other things, the sole design is patented by Sqairz and is what allows for better balance stability and traction.

Sounds like their customer service sucks according to some other threads. I'll wait and see if they are still around in a couple years. 

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

10 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

Sounds like their customer service sucks according to some other threads. I'll wait and see if they are still around in a couple years. 

Like with many other companies, I don't know what COVID restrictions may be playing a part in regard to customer service. Many companies have had to lay-off people, some employees have caught the virus and had to quarantine. I'm waiting until everything opens back up before I make final judgment on any company.

When it comes to reviews and criticisms, the complaints seem to get the most recognition. A lot of people with positive experiences, those who get the type of service they expect, unless specifically solicited for input, don't bother to relate their experiences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phil75070 said:

Like with many other companies, I don't know what COVID restrictions may be playing a part in regard to customer service. Many companies have had to lay-off people, some employees have caught the virus and had to quarantine. I'm waiting until everything opens back up before I make final judgment on any company.

When it comes to reviews and criticisms, the complaints seem to get the most recognition. A lot of people with positive experiences, those who get the type of service they expect, unless specifically solicited for input, don't bother to relate their experiences.

Everything you posted is very true. 

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Looking for something else, I ran across this review of Sqairz golf shoes that I had not seen before. Goes into a lot of detail as to what is behind the design, who is involved, etc. Also, some very interesting points made, especially when it comes to spikes versus spikeless golf shoes:

https://tinyurl.com/yxay8xxl

Edited by phil75070

Are these ever going to be available at retail? Some of the concepts are interesting, but I don't buy them all. I flare my feet, so the alignment feature really wouldn't be a factor. The statement that the reviewer felt better balance standing still. Really? I've never had a balance problem standing still regardless of the type of shoes I was wearing. If I ever saw them at Golf Galaxy, I'd try them on to see if they delivered on the comfort claims. Still not too sure if I could get past the square toes.

Edited by caniac6
  • Like 1

Took a flyer. I just ordered 20/20 Black And Red 8.5 (usually wear FJ 8.5 wide, so hopefully a good match with my wide and high instep Fred Flinstones). Bought them for comfort and stability from reviews, but at 70 I'd take any additional yards too!

As a kid, my mom bought squared toe (called French Toe) shoes for several years at the beginning of each school year to match my wide feet, so it's not a new concept for me! Nor is taking a flyer to try to find comfioratble shoes, not just golf ones.

Add another 30 percent or so in CDN dollars so not cheap, but no more than buying another pair of Ecco Biom Goretex here that are wide enough, but really not that comfortable walking. I prefer spikes anyway for replacement virtue and stability.

The new shoes still may fight for a place with my old stock and inexpensive Footjoy ContourFit ones (2 pairs) that aso far are the most comfy I've probably ever had. Others I speak with who I see (still) wearing them seem to agree with me.

Edited by myspinonit
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, myspinonit said:
Took a flyer. I just ordered 20/20 Black And Red 8.5 (usually wear FJ 8.5 wide, so hopefully a good match with my wide and high instep Fred Flinstones). Bought them for comfort and stability from reviews, but at 70 I'd take any additional yards too!

As a kid, my mom bought squared toe (called French Toe) shoes for several years at the beginning of each school year to match my wide feet, so it's not a new concept for me! Nor is taking a flyer to try to find comfioratble shoes, not just golf ones.

Add another 30 percent or so in CDN dollars so not cheap, but no more than buying another pair of Ecco Biom Goretex here that are wide enough, but really not that comfortable walking. I prefer spikes anyway for replacement virtue and stability.

The new shoes still may fight for a place with my old stock and inexpensive Footjoy ContourFit ones (2 pairs) that aso far are the most comfy I've probably ever had. Others I speak with who I see (still) wearing them seem to agree with me.

Let us know how they work out for you. Besides SQAIRZ, only the Gfore Gallivanters have been able to provide enough room for my wide foot to be comfortable. 

2 hours ago, ASN21 said:

Let us know how they work out for you. Besides SQAIRZ, only the Gfore Gallivanters have been able to provide enough room for my wide foot to be comfortable. 

Will do. It may be a bit before I get them (will go through customs) and will depend on Vancouver Fall weather for course time. Though assuming they are an ok fit I'll at least hit a covered range off mats to try them which may or may not be a fair initial test.

Edited by myspinonit

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 8:14 AM, ASN21 said:

They came today, 20/20 model,  but sadly are in the mail going back for size (see para 3 below). An expensive flyer with 30 % plus exchange to Canada plus taxes and about ten bucks process fees accessed at Customs. No duty. Then return shipping with tracking and $13 US restocking fee.

Gotta say Christopher the owner was speedy after normal business hours New Hampshire time with a return authorization number and return instructions only a few minutes after my email. He told me to keep the included socks for shipping inconvenience, but I advised  him that there weren't any in the box.

Anyway length was fine and they looked great, even passed the wife test. But they were not wide enough for me at the mid, around the ball of the feet.   I usually wear 8 or 8 1/2 wide, usually Footjoy.  The Sqairz  20/20 were size 8.  I will say in fairness that the outside of the same foot area area bit sensitive as I've been doing some walking breaking in a new pair of New Balance walking shoes fitted for me last weekend. Those shoes are 8 4E!! (8 1/2 was too big in that width,  the widest I've ever been fitted for!), so that gives a sense that my feet aren't in the normal width area, plus with I have a very high instep.

Edited by myspinonit

23 minutes ago, myspinonit said:

They came today, 20/20 model,  but sadly are in the mail going back for size (see para 3 below). An expensive flyer with 30 % plus exchange to Canada plus taxes and about ten bucks process fees accessed at Customs. No duty. Then return shipping with tracking and $13 US restocking fee.

Gotta say Christopher the owner was speedy after normal business hours New Hampshire time with a return authorization number and return instructions only a few minutes after my email. He told me to keep the included socks for shipping inconvenience, but I advised  him that there weren't any in the box.

Anyway length was fine and they looked great, even passed the wife test. But they were not wide enough for me at the mid, around the ball of the feet.   I usually wear 8 or 8 1/2 wide, usually Footjoy.  The Sqairz  20/20 were size 8.  I will say in fairness that the outside of the same foot area area bit sensitive as I've been doing some walking breaking in a new pair of New Balance walking shoes fitted for me last weekend. Those shoes are 8 4E!! (8 1/2 was too big in that width,  the widest I've ever been fitted for!), so that gives a sense that my feet aren't in the normal width area, plus with I have a very high instep.

Wow 4E! That’s like what my dad wears in New Balances. I’m kinda surprised that the Sqairz weren’t wide enough for you but we are all different. Heck I can’t fit into 95% of Nike golf shoes because they are super narrow for me. You might want to look into Gfore or True Linkswear. 

1 hour ago, ASN21 said:

Wow 4E! That’s like what my dad wears in New Balances. I’m kinda surprised that the Sqairz weren’t wide enough for you but we are all different. Heck I can’t fit into 95% of Nike golf shoes because they are super narrow for me. You might want to look into Gfore or True Linkswear. ah

Yeah..though I recall when I was a young one I had 3E shoes....not golf..."medium" seems to be the standard now.  Unfortunately GFore and True don't seem to be available in Canada on a Google at least in person. No US travel now or in the foreseeable for obvious reasons so no joy there.  We went to Maui for about 1the past 10 years up to 2019. I often did well going to the municipal course proshop that sourced and stocked a lot of wide fittings (sometimes prior year stock on sale) for locals.

10 hours ago, myspinonit said:

Wow! 4E! Too bad they don't fit. You are missing out on wearing a great golf shoe on the course. Having what is considered "normal" width feet I don't have any recommendations as to what else you might try.

5 hours ago, phil75070 said:

Wow! 4E! Too bad they don't fit. You are missing out on wearing a great golf shoe on the course. Having what is considered "normal" width feet I don't have any recommendations as to what else you might try.

I probably have too many shoesanyway! Footjoy Wide seem ok (8 or 8 1/2) when found.  Width are also ok on my Ecco Gore Tex BOA hybrid, but they really aren't that cushioned IMO. I prefer spiked usually. My fav shoes for comfort are the relatively inexpensive (old stock) spiked Contour fit, the red and black ones.  I have two pair, one almost new. Everyone I see still wearing them agrees on the comfort.  The last couple of seasons  my "rain shoe" has been plain  and inexpensive 8 1/2 W all black Contours. Not a lot of cushioning, even with custom insoles, but they work. 

Back to Sqairz: it was a "flyer" buy that cost me probably 125 CDN with shipping both ways and taxes, but what it is.  Too bad,. Good looking shoe, but I also think they would just be too hot as well in normal season.  I still would have kept them if they fit, or even if I felt there was enough give to adapt to my feet quickly.  

Part of it was to find a better solution for winter and wet Spring golf as I have had no luck finding golf boots, at least that fit (instep to get in them, not just width).  And with better support and traction than my black Contours. Meantime last weekend my local small store just got in a boot supply and I picked up Footjoy Clima Boa boots in 8.5 and at 25 percent less than the big-box was selling them for (but none in my size).  They are supposed to be a "wide" fitting per FJ. I'm not going to say they still won't pinch a bit at least new, but they seem better midfoot than the Sqairz, and with more "give".

Edited by myspinonit

On 10/20/2020 at 6:28 PM, ASN21 said:

Wow 4E! That’s like what my dad wears in New Balances. I’m kinda surprised that the Sqairz weren’t wide enough for you but we are all different. Heck I can’t fit into 95% of Nike golf shoes because they are super narrow for me. You might want to look into Gfore or True Linkswear. 

Another and probably my last update: I bought a pair of Ecco Biom G3 Spiked Gore Tex a couple of days ago (not a BOA) . Size 42. Probably about the most expensive shoes in the store but sometimes you do get what you pay for.

Wore them for a round yesterday (left the removeable outer insole in) and they were fine from the get-go.  The soft Yak leather really helps I think. I've worn Biom walking shoes (in a couple of iterations for years) though the walkers in my current model are really a bit narrow even as the leather stretched more. The golf model is a bit wider IMO.

• Like 1

@myspinonit Good that you found a shoe that works for you!

Quick update on my Sqairz shoes. About two weeks ago they over seeded our tee boxes with winter rye and to encourage its growth they have been watering the cr@p out of the them. Some are extremely muddy and despite that I have not had any issues with either foot slipping under those conditions. I am really enjoying what these shoes do for me!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2020 at 10:16 PM, lvphil702 said:

After reading this thread I'll pass.  Sounds like The Hammer driver marketing with a little Alien wedge thrown in. 

Think what you will about the marketing and to each his own in regard to likes and dislikes, but you're missing out on a great golf shoe for multiple reasons!

5 hours ago, phil75070 said:

Think what you will about the marketing and to each his own in regard to likes and dislikes, but you're missing out on a great golf shoe for multiple reasons!

This! I've been using them for about 30 rounds now and have no complaints on either of the pairs I own. Easily the best golf shoes I've had since picking up the sport back in the late '80's. 

21 hours ago, Flat4Boxer said:

This! I've been using them for about 30 rounds now and have no complaints on either of the pairs I own. Easily the best golf shoes I've had since picking up the sport back in the late '80's. 

I've been saying the same thing - best golf shoes I've ever owned! I always went for the inexpensive, stylish shoes that did nothing for my performance and with the amount of golf I play they would last a year or a little more. These golf shoes are sturdy to the point I think they will outlast two, maybe three pair of the those inexpensive shoes I used to buy.

As to adding to performance. these add a degree of stability and balance I haven't experienced in golf shoes before. I also have yet to have a foot slip no matter what the turf conditions have been.  At my advanced age I probably don't take advantage of that stability enough to see noticeable increases in distance. Contrary to what many seem to think the marketing is saying, just by wearing them you are not going to increase distance. You actually have to increase one's swing speed which one can feel confident in doing because of the traction. That is what gives added yardage.

• Like 1

I posted this in the original review thread, too:

For those skeptical of the distance claims for Sqairz golf shoes, The Faldo Formula Show on the CBS Sports Network is having Gene Parente from Golf Laboratories on tomorrow night at 7:00PM EST. He did the independent testing that documents the 7 yards of distance gains. Might be interesting!

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, phil75070 said:

Sqairz has introduced a new series of shoes with a different look to them (they still have the square toe and all other features) just a different look. Following is the White with silver and they also have black and gray:

image.png.95244182b9658067d5f23b4bd0f803f6.png

Those look pretty darn good!

..... a shoe that claims to increase my distance by 7-8 yards simply by putting them on. 

no thanks.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

1 hour ago, Cwing said:

..... a shoe that claims to increase my distance by 7-8 yards simply by putting them on. 

no thanks.

That's false! They don't claim that you will gain yardage "simply by putting them on". With better balance, stability and traction these shoes "allow you to swing faster" and that is what leads to a gain in yardage. "Allow you to swing faster", not cause you to swing faster. The swing starts from the ground up and there are a lot of articles and studies on how to effectively use "ground forces" in the golf swing. 

More and more shoe companies, not just Sqairz, are promoting golf shoes as part of one's equipment leading to increased performance, specifically distance. Check out Paynter or Athalonz. Paynter says, “Every part of the outsole and midsole has been designed to enhance traction and, in turn, help you generate more power in the golf swing."

Athalonz states:

OUR GOLF SHOES FEATURE PATENTED MIDSOLE TECHNOLOGY THAT SHIFTS THE WAY YOUR BODY INTERACTS WITH THE GROUND TO GIVE YOU 

-MORE POWER SO YOU CAN HIT THE BALL FURTHER

-MORE STABILITY SO YOU CAN HIT MORE FAIRWAYS

Don't knock 'em 'til you've tried them.