• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man you're right, its uncanny! /sarcasm  

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges......." It had to be said...

These. They made 3 sets apparently. Akshay and JT Phillips. They were fully milled. Also, it wasn’t all that long ago, so not much chance for them to have made them even if they wanted to.

A little hard to tell from the pics, but I'm seeing a sole that has a more progressive heel-to-toe width than the 730s, along with a bit more camber. Nice improvement IMO.

These look beautiful.

D - JDM SLDR 9* - Oban Kiyoshi
3+w - 07 Burner TP - Mitsubishi Blueboard
3h - Diablo Edge Tour - Fujikura Motore Tour Spec 9.8 HB
4-PW - TMAG Smoked TP MB - Rifle 6.0
54* - Nike VR Forged - raw head 
60* - Nike VR Forged
P - Naked Nike Origin B2|01

The things I notice as a P7TW player, besides the obvious muscle modification, is that the longer irons look longer heel to toe than the P7TW. The TW actually got smaller as you go up into the 4 and 5, which I find interesting. Also, the milled grind is gone-maybe they have figured a way to do that without the milled marks on the sole. The blade is half polished chrome and then half satin, and I would believe that they made the club satin at address, and the club doesn't look like Roy McAvoy's golf shirt with all of the writing. We knew the TW had a milled grind, you could see it on the sole. No point in writing it on the back of the club. With a blade, less is better. I like these very much.

• Like 1

Haha he did? Well no need to feed a sensitive troll then. ?

I dig the irons though, very clean with some practical weight distribution. I'd never game them outside of a combo set though, because despite being an internet golf guru, i'm not man enough for a bladed long iron. ?

Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
Titleist 915FD 14.25* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade TP UDI 16* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Titleist 915FD 17.25* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818 H118.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype
Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

I would rather them be all chrome or all satin. I am not a fan of the halve'sies thing.

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

I'll likely be sticking with a 4 MC or CB and then 5-PW in these MBs. Although 4-PW would look great in the bag with my P790 3 iron....

TM M5 9* Aldila Rogue White 70TX 
TM M3 15* Aldila Tour Blue 95TX
TM P790 3, 2014 MC 4, 2014 MB 5-PW DG T.I. X100
TM MG 52* 56* Hi-Toe 60* T.I. Onyx S400
TM Spider Tour Black

Not a blade player at all, far from it, but these look gorgeous.

Wondering how they compare to the p7tw given the considerable added bulge in the bottom half. Seems as if they're going for a least a bit more forgiveness with this new design.

• Like 1

Mavrik SZ 10.5 @ 9.5- Evenflow T1100 65x

917 f3 13.5 @ 14.25- Tour AD DI 7x

TP UDI 3 iron- hzrdus handcrafted black 105x

z565 4-p- DG x100

RTX 4 51 mid, 56 mid, 60 low

Phantom X 5.5/ 2016 Newport 2.5/ Nike Method Midnight 008

Oregon fan. HAHANo one sucks to bad to play a blade. Quite the opposite. You can play whatever you wanna play. Might not be the most ideal choice but, I'd play a blade over a chunker cavity back.

• Like 2

Don't be surprised if one of the World's Leading players debuts them at the Memorial next week or in the following event!!

• Like 3

In the bag: Playing --- SIM TaylorMade driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM SIM (set @ 16*) with Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 7S. 5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X (set @18.5*). HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S.,  RBZ-2 Tour 5 w/Fuji MCH 80-S alternates with SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB Black Tour Spec 9S,  Irons TM M-3 4i bent to 5i, loft TM P760 6-9,PW all w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW-TM Hi Toe 56* 4-way grind bent to 54* w/Modus 105-S, LW- TM Hi-Toe 60 C-grind Tour only custom grind raw face Grind bent to 59* w/NS Pro 950GH-S, Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype. Ball TaylorMade TP5X.
 Alternates in the Hybrids and 4-i depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

Yeah I agree with most of this. My guess is they are going to keep the TW and these will be a cheaper (standard blade price) option with the 'milled sole' being a selling point of the more expensive p7TW.

These for sure look good. Curious what the rest look like.

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Looks like they added mass with that bulge on the spots the tungsten went in on P7TW. Must be a lower cost alternative to P7TW, and back in the price range of P730. Or even cheaper without the milled sole.

On one hand you’re correct. They don’t look like the Nike irons he mentioned. But to rebut him you pictured wrong iron as you posted the Pro Combo. It would be like saying the CB you picture doesn’t look like a MB.

image.jpeg

WITB
Tools for the job!

Fair point, that was not intentional. I didn't realize there were two different Vapor Pro Forged models actually. I just remember Tiger struggling at the time due to injuries and it felt like he was trying hard to be a good company man in promoting what was something super far removed from anything he'd played up until that point. I ended up associating his struggles with that line, and combined with that obnoxious volt green color and Nike's departure from hard goods right after.....I didn't look very closely after that.

Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
Titleist 915FD 14.25* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade TP UDI 16* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Titleist 915FD 17.25* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818 H118.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype
Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

To be fair, the Nike Vapor Pro irons aren’t bad irons at all. Like you, I wasn’t too fond of the look or color scheme, but I’ve had a chance to play a set for several rounds and came away fairly impressed

not butter soft like some Mizuno irons and have a slightly firmer feel more like the Titleist irons or the P7TW irons. Very little offset, much like the VR TW irons. Traditional lofts, if memory serves me correctly. They go for a mere fraction of good blade irons these days and play as well.

I’m definitely looking forward to finding out more about the P7MB irons and how they compare against the P7TW

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

After playing the P7TWs nothing else looks good...if these have the same shape at address that would be great.

• Like 1

M5/G410 @6.5 loft HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.5
PING G410 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5 
PING G410 17.5 HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5
Nike vapor fly pro 2 iron black tie 105x/DGX7
MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/965 combo/MP63/iblade 3-PW/P7TW 3-PW
Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/Glide 2.0/ 52 millled grind / Vokey TVD K 58
NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x/Steelfiber 125x/S400 / now DGX7
Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK/custom Arm Locks-Scotty, Odyssey, TM Spider

Couldn’t agree more. There’s something oddly satisfying about how the P7TW feel and look. I can only hope these are an affordable alternative

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges......."

It had to be said...

• Like 4

Titleist TS4 8.5 AD GP black 6x
Titleist TS3  13.5
Mizuno MP 20 4-PW Project X
Vokey SM7 56M 08, 60L04
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport

Need

Wk

Mizuno ST200G Diamana Blue D+ 60s
Mizuno 3Wood ST200 TS 15* Diamana White D+ 70s
Mizuno 5Wood ST3200 18* Diamana White D+ 70s
Mizuno JPX921 Forged 4Iron

Mizuno JPX921 TOUR 5-PW, GW
Mizuno ORDERED ES21
Mizuno M-Craft II 33"
Mizuno RS Tour

Really surprised to not see a milled sole on these. I was expecting everything but the P790 to be milled sole this year.

• Like 1

Titleist TS3 Driver 9.5* Diamana D+ LTD 60 TX
Titleist TS3 Fairway 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 TX
Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3 Tensei CK Pro White 90 TX
Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-5 KBS Tour C-Taper X
Mizuno MP 18 SC 6-9 KBS Tour C-Taper X
Mizuno T20 Raw 46*, 51*, 56* & 61* KBS Tour C-Taper X
SeeMore Nashville z3c Black Mallet
Bridgestone Tour B XS