Anonymous WRX'er gets his 15 minutes - says 4 hdcp male could win on LPGA

What's his handle? (edit - NOT the bishop!) Could a 4-handicap win on the LPGA? One Twitter user re-ignites 'Battle of the Sexes'“People like watching men because they are entertained by watching something none of us could do our own,” JPJ tweeted. “There are thousands of men who could win weekly on the LPGA tour. Anyone with a 4 handicap would likely shoot mid 60s from forward tees.”

Callaway Epic Speed - MMT60/S
TEE EXS 15* - Tensei CK Blue/S
Callaway Apex Pro 20*/23* - MMT80/S
W/S Staff C300 Forged 5-P - KBS Tour 105/S
W/S Staff Model 52/56/60 - DGS300
Odyssey SL Seven 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A solid, male, tournament-tested amateur in the +1 to +3 range month after month after month can compete with LPGA pros. A 4-handicapper has exactly a .0000014223434% chance of beating a top 100 femal

Ya, if the LPGA wanted to get some media, they should have done their own version of “The Match” with an LPGA pro vs this guy.   Have Charles Barkley announcing.   Ratings bonanza    

That seems kind of generous to me. A +4 that can play to that number from the men’s tees could only contend playing an LPGA setup? Im not a +4 but I do know a couple that are legit players. I think

4 HCP man would get crushed from any tee. But a +1 or 2 man (especially a long-hitter) would gain a serious advantage as the course gets longer.

The man playing from shorter tees isn't the bit advantage, as pro women have great wedge games. The big advantage is a big hitter playing the women from longer tees.

In my much younger days I played a lot of tennis at a fairly high level. I still believe Riggs threw the match. But it's possible he lost legitimately as power tennis wasn't really a thing yet on either tour (racquet tech was pretty crude). And let's face it, he was 55 (and seriously shouldn't have been able to win any games at all against the world number one). As the racquets got lighter the men gained a huge advantage in being able to hit the ball much harder and faster. Combine this with another huge advantage in speed on the court (in golf, speed only matters when hitting a foot wedge before your buddies get there) and women have zero chance against men in tennis.

I've told this story a couple of times to some folks. But when I still lived in CA I belonged to Tukwet Canyon Golf Club in Beaumont, CA. a 36 hole facility now owned by the Morongo band of Mission Indians. It's a great facility and in 2015 hosted the CA State Open. Every year they host a Symetra Tour event on the Champions Course. I forget the year (either 2016 or 2017) I went followed Emily Tubert in her Saturday round. Some might remember her from Big Break and she also won a womens long drive event a couple of years ago.

First off, she can really move it. On the par 5 9th she reached that green with driver/6i on a hole that was playing around 525 yds. It is an elevated tee but she put her tee ball in a place I never saw any man put it from that tee position. On the par 4 12th she hit one of the most unbelievable shots I've ever seen. From a FW bunker from I'd estimate 145 yds out she hit gap wedge to about 12ft. This was a severely downhill shot playing right around 130 or so I'd say. But she had a large lip in front of her and initially I though she was just laying up. When I saw that shot hit the green I just shook my head. And this is a player who has played a few LPGA events but really can't sniff a card. On an unrelated note she was super nice and we had a nice chat walking around during her round. I was the gallery, such as it was.

Callaway Epic Speed - MMT60/S
TEE EXS 15* - Tensei CK Blue/S
Callaway Apex Pro 20*/23* - MMT80/S
W/S Staff C300 Forged 5-P - KBS Tour 105/S
W/S Staff Model 52/56/60 - DGS300
Odyssey SL Seven 

I'd say a solid +4 would contend on the LPGA. By that I mean a +4 that actually can play to that at courses other than his home course regularly.

Cobra RAD Speed 9* : Ventus Blue 6-S

Cobra RAD Speed 3W : Graphite Design AD TP8-S

Cobra ForgedTec 3-iron : Ventus Blue HB 8-S

Srixon Z785 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 120-S

Cleveland RTX3 50, 54: Nippon 115-S Wedge

Cobra MIM Black 58 : Nippon 125-S Wedge

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

That seems kind of generous to me. A +4 that can play to that number from the men’s tees could only contend playing an LPGA setup?

Im not a +4 but I do know a couple that are legit players. I think if we put my guys at an LPGA yardage they’d be going pretty deep.

• Like 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Most 4 handicappers putt and chip like 4 handicappers. Most of the women have world class short games to go with top shelf tee to green games. A 4 handicapper isn't going to make more birdies or up and downs just because he's playing with the ladies. He's still going to be hitting his chips to 10 ft while they're hitting theirs to 3 ft. And if you're a 4 handicapper because of your short game... then you don't have near enough in your tee to green game to compete. You're a 4 handicapper for a reason.

I'm a 4 HDCP and may be able to beat an LPGA pro if they played their worst, I played my best, and it was from the tips. On almost any day from any pro, I'd get schooled.

I've seen +4s play the same course from the same yardage as when an LPGA event was held locally. They can go under par, but they don't destroy the course score wise.

I guess to put it another way, if the guys I had in mind only played ladies tees I don’t think they’d be +4’s because they’re already +4’s. If they played ladies tees only I suspect they’d be a nice clip lower than +4

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Interesting website. I’m not a handicap expert so quite likely I have no idea what I’m talking about in this thread. I’m just kind of thinking if a real +4 from men’s tees averages a score of say 69 would not that same player have a lower average score playing exclusively shorter yardages? That’s where I’m coming from and I reserve the right to be wrong.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

This is demonstrably false, here are some actual results from a random LPGA tournament I found: Course Info | LPGA | Ladies Professional Golf Association The winner was -9, let's say -2 per round. The course was setup for 6800 yards, but let's look at the course rating for the blue tees (6500 yards). 72.2 130 slope. So you're telling me a 4 handicapper is going to shoot 6 under the course handicap, for four consecutive rounds, on a 130 slope course, with 300 yards on top of the blue tees? No chance

The difference between men's handicap indices and women's handicap indices is about 6 strokes or so for typical LPGA length course. The difference goes up to maybe 7 - 8 for PGA tour length courses. So a women's +8 would roughly be equivalent to a men's +2 playing from 6500 yards or so.

• Like 1

lol

As someone who watches LPGA players swing/play almost daily - any male 2-4HCP would get the floor mopped with them by these girls.

No contest.

But hey, maybe if a 6 HCP tee'd it up from the front edge of the fairway...you know...for some more mental masturbation...

• Like 1

Epic Max LS + Tensei CK Pro Blue / TS2 3W + ATMOS TS Blue / TS2 7W + Diamana B / GAPR Lo 4 + Diamana Thump  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

lol from "forward tees". Most 4 handicappers aren't even sniffing par from 6500, yet these women are shooting in the 60's no problem on some of the toughest tracks out there. It's such a joke.

I was at Sunday's 2017 Women's US open, winner shot -11. Pretty sure they played a hybrid set of tees which combined the golds and the blues which was playing 6600-6700 yards depending on the day. It is an extremely hilly course, almost no hole played flat with either very uphill or down hill, with water on a few holes. According to the score card of the Old Course at Trump Bedminster, the Men's rating from the Golds is 74/147 and the Blues are 73/144. The rating for Women off the White tees which are 6100 yards is 77/151. Now add 600 yards... I'd probably wager they were playing a 79/155 which means if most women were "men" on the scorecard, they'd all be plus handicaps, with the majority of winners being probably +6 or so.

So yeah if a 4 handicap played a LPGA pro off a 6600 yard course, they'd easily get beat by 8-10 strokes on average, maybe more considering "tour pressure" that amateurs do not face. We've beat this to death here, I can't believe people still bring it up. Us men need to drop our egos.... The professional women would demolish 99.99% of male golfers in stroke play. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm an average hockey player and I've skated with some D1 college women who could skate circles around me. Why we feel like we should be superior to a woman just because of her gender is moronic.

Taylormade SIM Max 9* @9.75*- Ventus Black 6x

Taylormade Sim Ti @16.5* - Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 8x (Testing Cobra F9 w/ Accra FX2.0 380 M5)

SIM Max 19* - HZRDUS SMOKE BLACK 90 6.5 (trialing Cobra Speedzone w/ Fujikura Pro 95X & Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 8x)

Titleist 818H1 - Ventus Blue 10x

Cobra Forged Tec Black 6i, Forged CB 6-GW - AMT X100 Onyx

Titleist SM8 54.12D, 58.8M @59* - S400 Tour Issue Onyx

Compass Golf Co. Atwood (Newport 2 Timeless Tri sole clone)

TP5 (testing Vice Pro)

ed7bd0757b36cdc6ff1fda9fce645b4c.jpg

Ping G400LST 8.5* TPT 14 LKP LT LW Proto
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 
Callaway Super Hybrid 20* Pro Orange 80 TX
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Super Peening Blue X
Vokey SM7 raw 52, 56, 60 DGTI-s400
Byron Morgan Proto DH89
Pro -V1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

I think it’s hilarious people think that LPGA pros are out playing the red tees at their local muni.

• Like 1

TM M6 9 GD Tour AD HD 6x
TM M6 15 GD Tour AD TP 7x
TM M6 18 GD Tour AD VR 8x
Ping I200, IBlade 4-P power spec Nippon SPO
Ping Glide 2.0 - 49ss, 55ws heel grind, 60ss wrx grind Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT TOUR BLACK
Best Grips leather grips
Snell MTB-X yellow

Brooke is a +9.4 women's handicap and DJ is a +8.8 men's. There's a big difference.