Hello,

I am a very avid golfer, 8 handicapper currently, and am trying to cross off as many bucket list courses as possible.. I have played approximately 10 or so thus far and am wondering/looking for help getting onto Oakmont. Living in the Pittsburgh area it is killing me not to get on a course so revered thats right in my backyard. There is no price I wouldn't pay to be able to play here, any help/tips/suggestions would be appreciated!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many guests do you want to bring? Saturday morning OK? You would have to stay overnight in the on site lodging and eat B/L/D there as well for us to do it. I'll see if Bob Ford can host you and gi

When I was younger I had a bucket list written out. It had all the greatest hits on there: Augusta, Oakmont, Seminole, Winged Foot, Pine Valley, Oak Hill, etc. Years later I found that list buried in

St. Anthony Kids' School charity event. I believe a foursome will cost you about $6-8k.https://www.stanthonykids.org/events/events-2020/golf-outing/

• 1 month later...

When I was younger I had a bucket list written out. It had all the greatest hits on there: Augusta, Oakmont, Seminole, Winged Foot, Pine Valley, Oak Hill, etc. Years later I found that list buried in my desk and promptly threw it away. Life is better lived not chasing such whales.

I know you may think there's no chance unless you ask, but there's also zero chance if you ask on an internet forum. The best thing you can do is just go about your daily life and not worry about it. A decade after I threw away that bucket list I met a member at one of the above listed courses, and after two years of friendship I was invited to play. I've also met other people and had the fortunate opportunity to play some other Top 100's as well.

You can't force anything like this and you certainly can't ask either. I've had a lot of fun chasing the courses I can pay to play...Pebble, Pasatiempo, Bethpage Black, TPC Sawgrass, Kiawah Island, Kapalua, Torrey Pines. The memories from these courses are every bit as special as the exclusive ones I've played, and that's really all that matters.

• Like 2