2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Taylormade P7MC and P770 2020

doctorjedi

8 hours ago, gambit said:

If u order thru DD do u have to ask them to check on status?

Yes, I've contacted DD via e-mail in the past about order status; got a quick response.

Also, DD sends an e-mail with tracking information when the order is shipped.

Edited by HiTrajLoSpin
  • Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

5 hours ago, rxk9fan said:

The T100S is a fully-forged player's iron with slightly stronger lofts to provide quality ball-strikers, or 'better players' who still want to use a ‘tour-shape’, that extra little bit of distance. Titleist are categorising this new iron as 'Players Distance'.

TaylorMade say the new P770 is very close in shape to the previous P760 iron, just with a slightly longer blade length. Expect a thin topline and minimal hosel offset as well as a super clean look at address. TM refer to this model as a compact player's distance iron.

According to the manufacturers, both are marketed as player's distance irons (please see above).

Demensions seem fairly close from blade length to offset.

Construction is for sure different, but it appears there are more things in common than different.  Might be a little misleading to say "these two irons could not be more different).

Once you put the two side by side,  you'll see they are not anywhere near each other... no matter what category the manufactures say they are in.   

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

The T100S is a fully-forged player's iron with slightly stronger lofts to provide quality ball-strikers, or 'better players' who still want to use a ‘tour-shape’, that extra little bit of distance. Titleist are categorising this new iron as 'Players Distance'.

TaylorMade say the new P770 is very close in shape to the previous P760 iron, just with a slightly longer blade length. Expect a thin topline and minimal hosel offset as well as a super clean look at address. TM refer to this model as a compact player's distance iron.

According to the manufacturers, both are marketed as player's distance irons (please see above).

Construction is for sure different, but it appears there are more things in common than different.  Might be a little misleading to say "these two irons could not be more different).

Once you put the two side by side,  you'll see they are not anywhere near each other... no matter what category the manufactures say they are in.   

@bogeypro, you seem to be really passionate about this issue. ?

• Haha 4

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

7 minutes ago, Philomathesq said:

@bogeypro, you seem to be really passionate about this issue. ?

Dude asks a question.. i give an answer... another guy jumps in and basically says I'm a liar because manufacture says they are in same category.   It's the most popular category going right now... of course they are going to say they are in it.   

The t100 has a thinner top line than the previous ap2.  Thinner than the p760 I currently play.  I've seen the p770 and they are bigger than the p760...  

They are more similar to t200, imo.  They are bigger than the hmb as well.   

Edited by bogeypro
misspelling
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bogeypro said:

Dude asks a question.. i give an answer... another guy jumps in and basically says I'm a liar because manufacture says they are in same category.   It's the most popular category going right now... of course they are going to say they are in it.   

The t100 has a thinner top line than the previous ap2.  Thinner than the p760 I currently play.  I've seen the p770 and they are bigger than the p760...  

I certainly appreciate your response.  Thank you for that.  What Phil is referring to is you are having technical issues and it posted the same post 4 times.  Lol.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dat_Dude said:

I certainly appreciate your response.  Thank you for that.  What Phil is referring to is you are having technical issues and it posted the same post 4 times.  Lol.  

@bogeypro, this is correct. I agree with you, but a technical error caused your message to be posted four times. ?

• Thanks 1

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"

18 minutes ago, bogeypro said:

I've seen the 770's and HMB's in-person, and I do not agree the 770's are bigger. To my eye, they were smaller, and I don't really think it's close. 

• Like 2

I don't have photos of the two, but here is a shot from Michael Newton. 

BCA58D2D-105C-477B-A763-9C594B30976E.png

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bogeypro said:

Man, sincere apologies if your perception was that my post was in any way meant to say you were a liar.  My post was intended to say that I am of the opinion your suggestion that the P770 and T100S could not be more different, might lead someone to think the irons could not be more different.  I believe they would be much more different if one had the profile of the Ping BP and the other had the profile of the Ping G710. I don't agree they could not be more different and that means we have a difference of opinion, not that either of us are liars. 

I do believe golfers looking for a moderately compact head and a little distance might be well served by either iron.  

• Like 2

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

17 minutes ago, rxk9fan said:

Man, sincere apologies if your perception was that my post was in any way meant to say you were a liar.  My post was intended to say that I am of the opinion your suggestion that the P770 and T100S could not be more different, might lead someone to think the irons could not be more different.  I believe they would be much more different if one had the profile of the Ping BP and the other had the profile of the Ping G710. I don't agree they could not be more different and that means we have a difference of opinion, not that either of us are liars. 

I do believe golfers looking for a moderately compact head and a little distance might be well served by either iron.  

T100 is thin, it looks nearly blade like at address. p770 looks a lot more forgiving.

2 hours ago, bogeypro said:

I’ve seen them all. I agree, the 100 are definitely, without a doubt smaller.  The 770 look more forgiving.  770 are smaller than the hmb, though. Shorter blade length, less chunky, etc... Michael Newton posted a video and mentioned the 770 looked smaller multiple times.  That’s what I saw also when comparing them in the store, imo...

Edited by Hookasaurus Rex
  • Like 3

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

5 hours ago, bogeypro said:

the HMB is closer to the p790. So the p770 is going to be smaller than HMB, not larger. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoNDoN said:

I got my shipping label for my P770s. They should be here on Wednesday. ? 

Cool! When did you order them? What specs?

I ordered thru my club pro about 8 days ago, they said delivery date of 9/3 as of 3 days ago.. 4-PW Modus 120 stiff

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

29 minutes ago, br61 said:

Cool! When did you order them? What specs?

I ordered thru my club pro about 8 days ago, they said delivery date of 9/3 as of 3 days ago.. 4-PW Modus 120 stiff

I ordered it directly from my rep the day it was available. 

4-PW

Modus 120s

• Like 1

[size=3][b][color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM M3 440 - MCA Tensei Pro Orange 60TX[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Rogue 15 - [/font][/color][color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MCA Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Apex 20 - GD Tour AD DI Hybrid[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM P790 4-PW - Modus 120s[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FOURTEEN RM Tour Issue 50, 54, 60 - Modus Black 125[/font][/color][/b][/size][b]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SCOTTY CAMERON Custom Mid Slant 009 Tour[/font][/color][/b]
[b][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]IG: dphatt[/font][/size][/b]

Been following this string for awhile now since I been interested in ordering me a set of 770s. I placed an order through a big chain golf store last Tuesday and was told shipping would for sometime in October. However, I checked the TaylorMade site right now to see what the estimated ship date was if I ordered a set today and it just changed to 8/28/20. Previously it said 10/26/20. Maybe there’s hope we get ours earlier? Not sure how TaylorMade magically found more heads to get out. Good thing as I was starting to consider other options!

101E47C1-9754-40AF-8B2D-C6FDBA09B302.jpeg

Edited by Genostarrr
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, FmaxTurboSi said:

the HMB is closer to the p790. So the p770 is going to be smaller than HMB, not larger. 

The only thing smaller on the P770 is the blade length and that is minimal. Top line is thinner on the HMB and the sole is definitely thinner. 

199A50B6-49E1-4ECB-B5BE-B8EA833D1B53.jpeg

A091483F-6A4E-455B-9013-A38602FDC6D9.jpeg

40967F99-6B66-44F2-AB1A-3AEE371229AA.jpeg

Ping G425 Max 9*, Aldila Rogue White 70s

Titleist TS3 4 wood, Diamana Kal’li 70s

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Cleveland CBX2 54*, DG s400 TI

Callaway MD4 58*, DG s400 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

14 minutes ago, specimania said:

Having just hit the 770 and HMB. The top line on the 770 look thinner to my eye. They feel good, more so like the 790, mc and mb have a more pure feel. I hope to get my 770 within the next week or two. Will have a set of M.C. when they arrive in store 

knocked it out of the park with this release!

Agree.  I did this the other day.  The top line is thinner on 770 (looks thinner in the multiple pics above and more so in person) At most, the are the same. The shorter blade length on the 770 is very noticeable when you set up to the ball.  Soles looked close to same, with 770 slightly bigger.  I say when you set up at address the 770 looks noticeably smaller, imo.  Regardless, both great irons.

Edited by Hookasaurus Rex

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

6 hours ago, casey_0507 said:

Be interested in people's opinions of P750 vs the P7MC

I will report my thoughts as soon as I put them in play.  My Rep said they are On the way.  I have been a P750 user since they came out.  

• Like 2
  • Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Tsi3 5W -  Tensei White 70X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7TW 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

I have to give a huge shout out to my man @OspreyCI and @TaylorMade Golf. I emailed TaylorMade support to see if they would adjust my order by retroactively applying the Military discount, totally expecting the answer to be no. But, they came through, and on a Sunday, no less. Excellent customer service. 

Thanks to both of you.

• Like 3

Does anyone find it odd that TaylorMade has marketed the P7MB's as being designed by and with DJ in mind, but he didn't use them in the Northern Trust? I'm not trying to say TaylorMade has done anything wrong, I just find it odd that he didn't use "his" clubs. And, given how well he played this week, I don't think he should make the switch. 

23 minutes ago, Philomathesq said:

Does anyone find it odd that TaylorMade has marketed the P7MB's as being designed by and with DJ in mind, but he didn't use them in the Northern Trust? I'm not trying to say TaylorMade has done anything wrong, I just find it odd that he didn't use "his" clubs. And, given how well he played this week, I don't think he should make the switch. 

He gave his opinion, definitely not made for him. Also look at Rickie not using his made for blades or Brooks not using his made for shoes.