2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Taylormade P7MC and P770 2020

doctorjedi

I ordered a combo set of P770 & P7MC irons through Golf Galaxy on Aug 19th... Online order status said delivery date of 9/4... Called them yesterday and they were confused as to why they clubs hadn't shipped.  They contacted Taylor Made and TM told them to expect ship date of October 22... to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I let GG know I wanted to contact TM directly - seems unacceptable to have this kind of delay on an item that was pre-ordered. Waiting to hear back from GG

Edited by elaudermilk
  • Sad 1

On 9/7/2020 at 10:38 PM, gticlay said:

OK, thanks.  I always thought it was a regular tip weight and the tip was breaking off inside when removing shafts.  Do you have a link to where that type can be bought?  I haven't been able to find them online.j

Need to change the name of this Thread to "Where oh Where are my new TM irons".

• Like 2

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

49 minutes ago, BirdieBob said:

Need to change the name of this Thread to "Where oh Where are my new TM irons".

Heh, finally discovered today that my launch day order never left TaylorMade and that’s why it didn’t arrive last week. Now the word is it would be mid October. Plenty of sets on eBay shops and in local shops though here in Ireland.  Not sure what the point is having a launch day and taking custom orders and then not bothering to fulfill them or keep customers up to date. 
has left a sour taste for me, so will just wait until next season now I think and see how the new apex pro etc seem...

• Like 2

Tsr2 Kai-li white 60g

tsr2 16.5 tensei av raw white 75g

tsr2 20 degree, tensei av raw white 90g

T200/T150/T100 PX Lz

sm9 54.10S/60.4T

odyssey Toulon Daytona
Pro V1

2 minutes ago, Copacetic said:

Heh, finally discovered today that my launch day order never left TaylorMade and that’s why it didn’t arrive last week. Now the word is it would be mid October. Plenty of sets on eBay shops and in local shops though here in Ireland.  Not sure what the point is having a launch day and taking custom orders and then not bothering to fulfill them or keep customers up to date. 
has left a sour taste for me, so will just wait until next season now I think and see how the new apex pro etc seem...

Yeah, I saw all those sets on Ebay as well... just seems like a failed launch on Taylor Made's part.  I'll definitely be leaving some negative feedback on my review 

Does anybody know how TaylorMade's trade-in deal works with backordered clubs?  For example:

The iron I want now have an estimated ship date of 12/15, which is fine.

If I add a bunch of stuff to trade in, do they charge me whatever I'm spending and send me a box right away?  Or does the trade-in box show up with my clubs?

I normally wouldn't care that much but we're moving between now and December, and stuff tends to get lost in a move- especially when you have 300 golf clubs laying around.

34 minutes ago, Bubs23 said:

Does anybody know how TaylorMade's trade-in deal works with backordered clubs?  For example:

The iron I want now have an estimated ship date of 12/15, which is fine.

If I add a bunch of stuff to trade in, do they charge me whatever I'm spending and send me a box right away?  Or does the trade-in box show up with my clubs?

I normally wouldn't care that much but we're moving between now and December, and stuff tends to get lost in a move- especially when you have 300 golf clubs laying around.

In the past I've sent my trades right after receiving the shipping label, but with my P7MB-P7MC-P770 order, I noticed the following statement in my order details email:

**Trade-In Program Customers - If you have taken advantage of our club trade-in program we ask that you wait for your new TaylorMade Clubs to arrive before sending in your trade-in clubs. After your trade-in clubs are received at our warehouse please expect the credit process to take up to 15 business days. 

That tells me you should wait until you receive the backordered clubs before sending in the clubs to trade in. In my experience, TaylorMade doesn't charge the credit card until the clubs are ready to ship (I ordered on 8/15, was charged on 8/27), so you shouldn't have to worry about waiting months to receive the credit on your account from the trade-in because the charge won't appear until your clubs are ready.

Regarding a shipping box. TaylorMade requires you to provide the packing for your trade in clubs. They do not provide a box for this purpose. However, since they're asking you to wait for the new clubs to arrive before you send in your trade-in, you can just use the box the new clubs came in, assuming it's large enough. If you have more clubs to trade in than can fit in the box in which your new clubs were delivered, it's your responsibility to find a box large enough to fit all of the trade in clubs.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

2 minutes ago, jll62 said:

In the past I've sent my trades right after receiving the shipping label, but with my P7MB-P7MC-P770 order, I noticed the following statement in my order details email:

That tells me you should wait until you receive the backordered clubs before sending in the clubs to trade in. In my experience, TaylorMade doesn't charge the credit card until the clubs are ready to ship (I ordered on 8/15, was charged on 8/27), so you shouldn't have to worry about waiting months to receive the credit on your account from the trade-in because the charge won't appear until your clubs are ready.

Regarding a shipping box. TaylorMade requires you to provide the packing for your trade in clubs. They do not provide a box for this purpose. However, since they're asking you to wait for the new clubs to arrive before you send in your trade-in, you can just use the box the new clubs came in, assuming it's large enough. If you have more clubs to trade in than can fit in the box in which your new clubs were delivered, it's your responsibility to find a box large enough to fit all of the trade in clubs.

I appreciate the reply, that's super helpful.  And good to know about the box.

I am sending them a bunch of stuff, but like many of the people around here I've got dozens of old club boxes just laying around, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again!

For those of you that went P770/P7MC split set, how did you combo (like 4-6 P770, 7-PW P7MC or what)? And did you weaken the P770s or have the P7MCs bent strong? I know there's the TM combo chart, but wanted to hear from other WRXers.

STEALTH 2 Tour AD DI 6X //  SIM Oban Devotion 65-04 //  699 v2 MMT105s //  JB Full Groove MMT105w //  TOULON ATLANTA //  Vice Pro+

22 minutes ago, RobYakes said:

For those of you that went P770/P7MC split set, how did you combo (like 4-6 P770, 7-PW P7MC or what)? And did you weaken the P770s or have the P7MCs bent strong? I know there's the TM combo chart, but wanted to hear from other WRXers.

go weak on the 770 to reduce the offset and have them closer to the 7MC.

Not an engineer, but assume they made them that way knowing this was the route most would go when going combo

• Like 2

This release has been tough for @TaylorMade Golf. I preordered MBs through @Club Championand have no timeline for when i will receive my order. It’s a struggle because @TaylorMade Golf hasn’t been communicating well either with builders. I am torn because the clubs were amazing but waiting an indefinite period of time is not what i really want to do. 

2 hours ago, therealjonzone said:

go weak on the 770 to reduce the offset and have them closer to the 7MC.

Not an engineer, but assume they made them that way knowing this was the route most would go when going combo

That would present more bounce though. Not a huge deal to most but, worth mentioning. If I was in that situation, I would go weaker as well. Offset is ugly.

On 9/6/2020 at 7:55 PM, Quist said:

What’s everyone’s turnaround time been from ordering to receiving? Got fitted at my club for P770’s (5-AW), order was placed 8/24 or 8/25. Pro told me expected arrival is Mid-October. Just went (9/6) to TaylorMade’s custom shop website and expected arrival showed November. Anyone know the holdup?

Spoke to my pro. This morning he got an email email from @TaylormadeGolf about a delay. He called the TM rep and was told the heads are back ordered, pushing delivery ETA out to mid-November. Golf season over by that time for me.

The whole launch is a shame. Preordered my 770s 3 weeks ago after a fitting. Since there were a lot of complains about the waiting time on the net my pro called Taylormade today. 

Guess what...... I should receive my Clubs in November... to store them in the basement for the winter break. 

Really considering to cancel my order and get the Mizuno Jpx 921 Forged. 

@TaylorMade Golfwords can't tell how disappointed I am, actually even thinking  about replacing my MG wedges, M5 Woods and Driver as well.

Very good job ?

• Like 2

Put in an order for 4-PW P770 on August 31st thru DD.  Was originally estimated 3-4 weeks.  Now DD is being told mid-December.  Disappointed in @TaylorMade Golf for sure.  That's an insane amount of time to wait for a set of irons.  Might as well send them in March at this point since it's too cold in Chicago and it's a challenge to travel anywhere warm at the moment.  Can't wait to sit and look at them for 4 months minimum.

5 hours ago, RobYakes said:

I went 3-5 P770 bent one degree weak 6-PW P7MC standard... but they wont be here until October... blah

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, D. A. Frey said:

Put in an order for 4-PW P770 on August 31st thru DD.  Was originally estimated 3-4 weeks.  Now DD is being told mid-December.  Disappointed in @TaylorMade Golf for sure.  That's an insane amount of time to wait for a set of irons.  Might as well send them in March at this point since it's too cold in Chicago and it's a challenge to travel anywhere warm at the moment.  Can't wait to sit and look at them for 4 months minimum.

Cancel the order.  That’s what I’m probably going to do. Taylormade @TaylorMadeGolf has totally botched this whole release. I preordered on Aug 16, was told 9/4, then bumped to end of Sept, inquired about it and was told the AW was delaying it. Got them to split it off, then was told they would once again ship by 9/4-9/11.  Inquired today and got told Mid October, haha... That’s right at end of my season. I might as well cancel and see what everybody else brings out at this point- interested in what Callaway is going to bring and the Mizuno jpx 921 forged.  I don’t need $1000+ sitting in the corner for 5 months. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

6 minutes ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

Cancel the order.  That’s what I’m probably going to do. Taylormade @TaylorMadeGolf has totally botched this whole release. I preordered on Aug 16, was told 9/4, then bumped to end of Sept, inquired about it and was told the AW was delaying it. Got them to split it off, then was told they would once again ship by 9/4-9/11.  Inquired today and got told Mid October, haha... That’s right at end of my season. I might as well cancel and see what everybody else brings out at this point- interested in what Callaway is going to bring and the Mizuno jpx 921 forged.  I don’t need $1000+ sitting in the corner for 5 months. 

As much as that makes sense, I REALLY liked the clubs, had a really good fitter for once, I actually swung normally during a fitting (usually swing too fast and too hard), and I REALLY like the clubs (did I say that before?).  Just going to have to wait this one out.  In reality, my season typically ends in early October anyhow, so it was always a bit of a pipe dream.  Hopefully the local domes with the shot tracer will be able to open in the winter and I can at least get a good idea of my new distances before I get outside.  Still pissed, but I'll get over it.

I just seems to me that if there was a shortage of clubs/back log issues, @TaylorMadeGolf should have paused sales or at least let people buying them know the issues they were having... I mean, many of us PRE ORDERED these irons and are being told it'll be 4 to 6 weeks before we see them... don't recall ever having an issue like this with Titleist or Calloway in the past. 

This isn’t just going to be a Taylormade problem. It’s looking like Mizuno are going to be delivering 8 weeks after ordering here in Australia. It’s unfortunate but we just have to be patient which is easier said than done! 

The more popular the product, the longer the wait times and this Taylormade line are going to be very popular. 

54 minutes ago, Guru of the greens said:

This isn’t just going to be a Taylormade problem. It’s looking like Mizuno are going to be delivering 8 weeks after ordering here in Australia. It’s unfortunate but we just have to be patient which is easier said than done! 

The more popular the product, the longer the wait times and this Taylormade line are going to be very popular. 

I agree. This is 2021 irons. I have no problem waiting. Custom order its worth waiting. Plus we get to look at these beauties all winter long!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RobYakes said:

I went 4-7 in the 770, and 8-pw in the MCs.  I had the MCs Bent one degree strong.  Hopefully I will see them before November.

• Like 1

Driver - TSR3 10 deg. ADDI6S

3 Wood -TSR2 ADDI7S

3 Hybrid TM Stealth 

4-7 iron - TM P770  KBS C-Taper Lite S

8-PW - TM P7MC  KBS C-Taper Lite S 

52, 56, 60 - Vokey SM9 Black  KBS Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER2B, 35" with black gravity grip

Ball - ProV1

2 hours ago, Guru of the greens said:

My main problem here in Australia isn't the wait times, it's the latest round of "Aussie Tax" price jacking. Ping is getting silly with their $899 drivers, $559 fairways and $499 hybrids and the JPX 921 forged is AUD 300 and USD 175 (about AUD 240) per club. About 25% or $60 per iron difference, that's pushing it.

My conspiracy theory is that part of this Aussie/Japan/NZ first Ping release cycle could be to extract top $ first from the countries that are conditioned to paying more (without an option to order cheaper online elsewhere) and then do a general release.

• Like 1

Went to a TM fitting event the Monday after launch. I will say the TXG review really scared me off from the MC's but once I hit them, they were fantastic. Love the buttery feel. Went with a combo 3-6 770 & 7-PW MC all bent weak 1 degree with the X100s.  Played 5 rounds with the clubs so far, I love love love the MCs in the shorter irons. Also, coming from the Epic Pros it is so great to return to traditionally lofted irons.

Incredibly happy with my purchase.

14 minutes ago, Heyitsben5 said:

Went to a TM fitting event the Monday after launch. I will say the TXG review really scared me off from the MC's but once I hit them, they were fantastic. Love the buttery feel. Went with a combo 3-6 770 & 7-PW MC all bent weak 1 degree with the X100s.  Played 5 rounds with the clubs so far, I love love love the MCs in the shorter irons. Also, coming from the Epic Pros it is so great to return to traditionally lofted irons.

Incredibly happy with my purchase.

I haven’t watched any reviews...did they not like the MCs for some reason? Guess I could just go watch it myself

11 minutes ago, toddyc said:

I haven’t watched any reviews...did they not like the MCs for some reason? Guess I could just go watch it myself

They liked them, but basically cautioned that they are for Scratch or better players.  Said you need to be damn good ball striker for them. 

Edited by Carolina Golfer 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35"