Taylormade P7MC and P770 2020

doctorjedi

10 hours ago, nickilii said:

im in the same boat as most of you. ordered mine on 8/21 and have no update yet. called golfgalaxy who i ordered thru looking for a status update and they were very little help. tried two different order numebrs on golf galaxy website and shows up with nothing. they told me to call taylormade so i did and they said they cant give me any info cause i am not the account holder. (golf galaxy must be the actual account holder) so meanwhile im out my 1500 bucks waiting on clubs with no clue when i will see them as the season in MN is slowly coming to a end... i guess ill keep waiting. 

Unless you have some sort of gift card or something it’s always best to order through TaylorMade directly in order to avoid this scenario. They also don’t charge until the clubs ship...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stall said:

Yea, I saw that review. Then when I went to get fitted for T100's, I asked for a shot of the Taylormades, expecting P770. Fitter handed me MC based on how I had been hitting the T100. I hit these even better than the Titliest and any concern I had about not being good enough was quickly dispelled and I ordered them there and then. Still to receive my set right enough, got a phone call last week saying they are due on the 21st.

Interestingly, if you watch Rick Shields review he thought these could be played right up to low double digit handicappers which didn't really tie with the TXG review.

Cool, glad they worked for you.  I was kinda surprised to hear them say that.  More times than not Ian is generally more on the side of saying, play what you like and feel that you can hit ok.   

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

I had initially ordered the 770s but went to hit them a few weeks ago and fell in love with the MCs.  I played the 2019 790's and thought they were just "ok" but the 770's were a complete makeover from those.  The 770s are 10x better than the 790s IMO.  I then hit the MCs and was blown away by the feel and the shape is perfect.   I canceled the 770 and went MCs 6-PW and 770 4/5.   I paired them the Mitsubishi MMT 105TX and it seems to be a great combo.  I did not find them  unforgiving at all either.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nickilii said:

im in the same boat as most of you. ordered mine on 8/21 and have no update yet. called golfgalaxy who i ordered thru looking for a status update and they were very little help. tried two different order numebrs on golf galaxy website and shows up with nothing. they told me to call taylormade so i did and they said they cant give me any info cause i am not the account holder. (golf galaxy must be the actual account holder) so meanwhile im out my 1500 bucks waiting on clubs with no clue when i will see them as the season in MN is slowly coming to a end... i guess ill keep waiting. 

Ordered mine through DDans and they have been very transparent with delivery/build dates- always enjoy doing business with them.  But, I also ordered them not expecting them to be in my bag till way after the MN season ended around here.  

It's been quite the summer........Walker Trolley, ARCCOS Link, and now my P770's.  I am becoming the king of patience.

Edited by snuggyph1

Stealth w/ Oban Airburst Cobalt -or-
Paradym w/ Vanquish 

Srixon MKII ZX7/5 combo w/ Axioms!
Taylormade P770 w/ MMT stiff -or-
Adams Tour-issue CB5 Satin DG S300
Paradym 16.5 4-wood Ventus Blue 7s
Miura Tour 52, 56, 60 w/ MMT 
Scotty Cameron Studio Style 33" 350g 

38 minutes ago, bd59 said:

I had initially ordered the 770s but went to hit them a few weeks ago and fell in love with the MCs.  I played the 2019 790's and thought they were just "ok" but the 770's were a complete makeover from those.  The 770s are 10x better than the 790s IMO.  I then hit the MCs and was blown away by the feel and the shape is perfect.   I canceled the 770 and went MCs 6-PW and 770 4/5.   I paired them the Mitsubishi MMT 105TX and it seems to be a great combo.  I did not find them  unforgiving at all either.   

This would be almost my exact setup except 5/6 in the 770. Maybe just the 5 in 770. Same shaft even.

Dang, these look so good and I don't need new irons. Maybe I need to start a back-up bag in case of theft or natural disaster. 

• Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

Mizuno STG 15* Ventus Blue 7x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 5

So, since @TaylorMade Golfended up delaying the delivery of my MCs until October, they sent a free box of balls my way which is great. 

The not so great part - the delivery of the balls is also delayed until an unspecified date lol. 

I don’t know about y’all, but this process has really started to wear on my patience. I totally understand the challenges posed by COVID, but man! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/11/2020 at 5:23 PM, mixedguy said:

Wrong lol 760s are way more forgiving and a lot easier to hit and they feel softer as well.  I’m playing the 770s but I kept my 760s and I’m glad I did.  I sold my 7MCs after 2 rounds 72,75.  I play to a 4 handicap.  But like someone mentioned before it’s all about how somebody swings the club we’re all different.  MCs might work for you but IMO the 760s are more user friendly 

Fair enough.  Well my son plays the 760's.  Maybe I'm just steering him towards the MC's because I want them.  LOL!

On 9/13/2020 at 8:25 PM, Palmettobluff said:

I know exactly how this works. I am understanding but what I am asking for is communication. When my clubs and many others were pre-ordered the deliver date was 9/4. Now there is no communication or date for delivery. The supply problem existed when these went up for preorder so my question is do you think it is fair for a company to communicate about shortages and manufacturing issues. When these went up for pre-order i am sure that Taylormade new their quantities and as they watched the orders come in they should have realized they would be short supply. Instead of getting ahead of it and communicating they choose to do nothing. 

Where did you order from? Who quoted you the dates? That is who this goes on. Trust me, it has been well known that there will be delays with this product due to COVID and TM has been very transparent with most. The retailer you went through sounds like the issue. Its been a year man, and I am sure when they forecasted for this launch it was in the Spring when we didnt even know if we were having golf. And the heads cant be produced in a matter of days, it takes time. Its golf not life or death. TM will make this whole. 

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]WITB[/b][/font][/size]
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size=3]TBD[/size][/font]

I have about 6 rounds with them now. I'm now used to the feel, which when I switched I thought was not as good as my old Apex Pro 16s. They're maybe half a club longer, but no crazy fliers like people say they got with the 790s (I've never played those). They want to go straight, but they are workable when needed. I'm in the trees a lot (!) and I've been able to work them high/low and left/right on recovery shots. Very happy with my upgrade so far.

PS - our pro said his rep at TM was shocked that I got mine so quickly (I ordered on Aug 21 at a TM fitting, got them Sept 1), because they have a major shortage of heads. Feel very fortunate to have them already!

On 9/8/2020 at 8:09 PM, TaylorMade Golf said:

Please check your DMs and we'll see what we can do here, just need some more info from you.

Really just looking for an update or any information at this point, @TaylorMade Golf.  I've responded, provided all the information requested, and followed up.  The part that's among the most disappointing is that not one party has taken responsibility, between either DD or @TaylorMade Golf, or offered any sort of apology / remedy.  

[b]TaylorMade SIM[/b] - 10.5 deg - w/ Aldila Synergy Black Proto 60-TX tipped 0.5 - 44.75"
[b]Adams XTD TI[/b] - 2 hybrid (16.5 deg) - Matrix HM3 105g X
[b]TaylorMade P790 -[/b] 3i (1 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper Lite-X (ss1)
[b]TaylorMade P790 -[/b] 4-6: (2 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Adams MB2 - [/b] 7-PW: KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Titleist Vokey[/b] SM4: 50 F Grind - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Callaway[/b] PM Grind 56 - bent to 55, PM Grind 60 - Dynamic Gold TI s400
[b]Tiger NP2 Replica G.O.A.T.:[/b] - 35.5in

3 hours ago, ZenWithBalls said:

Hey guys maybe a separate thread should be made for “Taylormade P-Series Irons: Order Status Updates.”  

This thread is really getting diluted by order updates/complaints and it’s making the thread fairly useless for those like myself who are interested in exchanging information with others about their actual hands-on experience gaming the new p-series irons. 

I mean absolutely no condescension and no offense to anyone who’s had their orders delayed or who have held off due to assumed delays - I really feel for you and I know how frustrating that is! I’m one of the lucky ones who received my 770s in late August. I placed my order for a stock set with stiff shafts PW-4 through Roger Dunn on the first day of the release. 

I am coming from a set of last year’s P790s and I’m absolutely loving the 770s so far, we’ll worth the “upgrade” to me.  I demoed the MCs as well and while they sounded a touch better to my ear off the face (if I’m really nitpicking) and felt great, I have no issues at all with the sound of the 770s... for me the sound is pretty low on the totem pole after playability, look and feel. The feel is different from the MCs and not exactly like a forged iron, but they feel really great on flush hits. The distance, control and forgiveness is what I was expecting from this set of irons. Unfortunately I’m not good enough for the MCs or MBs, but I love the look of the 770s and feel extremely confident at address with these. Proud to have them in my bag!

Good suggestion, then when they do arrive, members can gladly leave that thread, and be thrilled to post feedback and thoughts here.   Ha

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

At the risk of offending, I blinked and having been let down on launch day custom order not appearing managed to get an off the shelf set with the px6.0 shafts I wanted and with the stock grips I didn’t.  Had to take the 4 iron also, but happy enough.  Coming from xforged 18 6-PW combo with  xforged UT 24,27, 30  also with px6.0.  Early notes are they seem straighter but not longer than xforged, feel not as nice, looking forward to hitting proper balls off grass in the morning.  

Tsr2 Kai-li white 60g

tsr2 16.5 tensei av raw white 75g

tsr2 20 degree, tensei av raw white 90g

T200/T150/T100 PX Lz

sm9 54.10S/60.4T

odyssey Toulon Daytona
Pro V1

To give some hope to this thread, I ordered my combo short iron set through the TM website on 9/2.  Website said it wasn't shipping until November, but I received my irons this past Friday the 11th - basically a week after ordering.  I was shocked needless to say since I was mentally prepared to play the waiting game for 2 more months.  Maybe it helped speed things up that I only ordered 4 clubs (2 P770 and 2 P7MC), but who knows?  I've only played 2 rounds, but really happy with the results so far.  The less offset compared to my PSI's is really helping eliminate the left side, and control the flight a little better.  Also being able to actually hit a fade with my short irons is a welcome sight.  Feel & performance is great - and the turf interaction is what's really separating these for me - all clubs seem to get in & out of the turf very quickly, which is what I've been looking for in my short irons for years.  Overall A+ grade so far, and looking forward to continue to break them in over the next few weeks. 

12 minutes ago, MakersMarsh3 said:

Anyone else noticing their P7MCs are wearing rather quickly? Bag chatter city.....

That is a worry for me because so much of the appeal on these is the looks.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

Mizuno STG 15* Ventus Blue 7x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 5

22 minutes ago, MakersMarsh3 said:

Anyone else noticing their P7MCs are wearing rather quickly? Bag chatter city.....

They're not wearing any more quickly than any other forged iron I've ever owned. The muscle portion of the iron is like a blade and will receive bag chatter that's in line with a blade.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

30 minutes ago, jll62 said:

They're not wearing any more quickly than any other forged iron I've ever owned. The muscle portion of the iron is like a blade and will receive bag chatter that's in line with a blade.

Have had tons a forged irons, including other forged TM irons. Mine are just showing more quickly. Faces even showing some bag chatter. 
Thought the 750s were super durable

and the new 770s are holding up really well

Edited by MakersMarsh3

lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

Does anyone have the new P770 3 iron (even 4 iron) in hand and available for pictures from address? Just ordered a combo set with P770 3i-5i and would be interested to see what the longer irons look like at address, thank you!

Taylormade M2 (10.5*) - Oban Kiyoshi White 75 (05 flex)
Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 (14.5*) - Fujikura Speeder VC 8.0 (S)
Titleist 910H (19*) - Mitsubishi Ahina 90 (X)
Titleist 712CB (4-PW) - Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM4 (52*.12) - Dyanmic Gold X100
Titleist SM5 (56*-S) - Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM6 (60*-V) - Dynamic Gold S400
Kingston KP1 GSS (34")
Pro V1x

San Diego, CA