Taylormade P7MC and P770 2020

doctorjedi

43 minutes ago, HappyGilmore22 said:

I got that same email with a $25 credit and they have already sent a free dozen TP5x. Had pre-ordered P7MC in August that will supposedly get here mid November when I probably won't use them more than a few times until spring at this point. Had hoped to get some more time to test them out vs my T100 because I don't need both sets.

why wouldn’t you have just tested your T100 against the fitting head and build to your same specs instead of ordering the whole set?

Edited by therealjonzone

On 10/4/2020 at 8:35 AM, JStang said:

I finally got my set built with the exception of the 4 iron which I am waiting on the ferrule to be delivered. I decided to go P770 4-6 and 7-PW MC. 

My initial indoor testing with the P-770 gave me good numbers and solid ball speed. I just didn’t love the feel. On the course, it was a different story. Not as satisfying as the MC but not offensive or unplayable to me. 

I have always put a premium on feel when it comes to irons and I hit the ball plenty far enough where strong lofted clubs do not interest me. For that reason, the P790 never appealed to me. With the weaker lofts and smaller profile, the P770 peaked my interest.

I initially bought a set of 6-PW in the P-7MC  and ended up completing the set by adding the P770 in 4-6 iron. 6 iron is typically the spot in the bag where I lose a bit of confidence which is why I opted to go 770 in the 6 instead of the MC.

I went out for 9 holes yesterday for my first round with the clubs and was very pleased with the irons. The MC’s feel as good as anything that I’ve ever hit and look amazing at address and in the bag. 

I have been scoring in the 38-40 range over 9 holes with my T100 irons and would have been right there again had I not hit a massive block that ended up in the water on the 4th hole. 

On the 3rd hole (par 5) I missed the fairway to the left and had a tree between my ball and the flag. The pin was tucked on the left side of the green and I had to hit a 30 or so yard draw. I pulled the P770 5 iron and worked it a bit too much right to left but it was nice to see how easy I was able to hit that shot. 

I definitely noticed a stronger, more piercing flight in the MC’s than what I get from my T100’s. The longest iron I had into a green where I actually hit the green was an 8 and the ball hit and released about a foot. Of course, I’m still in the honeymoon phase and I only have 9 holes under my belt but I am pleased so far. 

Here are a couple of comparison pics of the P770, 7MC and T100 6 irons before they hit the classifieds. 

DD3B1EC8-A877-4090-9305-E78F19C38F07.jpeg

536127C8-77B5-498F-8A79-00068CB4135F.jpeg

Looks like you already hit some stones with the p7mc irons?

Does anyone know where I can find a BNIB P770 set, right hand?

IG: instagram.com/launchedgolf                                      

G430 LST Tour 2.0 Black 65X

TSR2+ HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.5                  
UW 19* MMT  (G430 19* Hybrid Kai'li 80X)
'24 Apex 23* MMT 105X

'24 Apex CB 5-11, DGX100

SM9 54/10M
Jaws Full Toe 58*

Ping Redwood Anser (the original Redwood)

On deck: Paradym Super Hybrid 21*, TSR3 24* hybrid, Apex CB 4-11, Apex MB 8-10, Apex Pro 4-6, Apex UT 23*, Apex UW 19*  Something has to fill the gap between that 8-iron and the driver

6 minutes ago, JTK37 said:

Does anyone know where I can find a BNIB P770 set, right hand?

If you want them bone stock it looks like both Dick's and PGA Superstore have 4-PW available online for immediate delivery.  You'd probably want to call and confirm.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade BRNR Mini, 11.5*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi 4i, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Taylormade MyTP Juno Long Neck, 35"

1 hour ago, rcolwell7 said:

For orders placed today, or for existing  pre orders that have not been fulfilled?

For orders placed today, the rep said they are really backed up and need to produce more heads but are behind because of COVID. 

My PGA Superstore doesn’t even have any in stock look at. Most of the TM stuff is slim pickings actually. 

• Like 1

I ordered the P770s on September 26th. I was just told that they won't be in until the 2nd week of December. 

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Ping Anser 2 2021 34" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

1 hour ago, AKbeltbuckle said:

I was told now the wait is Dec/Jan for P7 MC's by customer service rep for custom sets.

Did you order a set or is that the std. delivery time on new orders?  I put mine in on 9/2 for a full 3-pw in MCs and was told 11/16 delivery (5 weeks now), so not sure if this will hold true or not now..  I also got the gift cert.  I let a stock set of 3-pw in stock shafts on ebay go by and the seller had them on hand!  Sadly after 2 days they were gone also...

DRIVER: TaylorMade R1 10.5° Stock Shaft Regular Flex

3/4 WOOD: TaylorMade Rballz 14°HL Stock Shaft Regular Flex

IRONS 3-PW: TaylorMade P7MC Nippon Modus Tour 105S

GW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 52.09 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

SW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 56.12 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

LW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 60.08 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

Putter: TaylorMade Daytona 12 traditional bladed putter

BALL: Callaway Chrome Soft and Titleist ProV1

57 minutes ago, AKbeltbuckle said:

For orders placed today, the rep said they are really backed up and need to produce more heads but are behind because of COVID. 

My PGA Superstore doesn’t even have any in stock look at. Most of the TM stuff is slim pickings actually. 

not just covid, it was the same situation years ago after they were bought out. They changed approach to have a limited supply of materials in hand and its been a problem since. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Magnificat said:

Did you order a set or is that the std. delivery time on new orders?  I put mine in on 9/2 for a full 3-pw in MCs and was told 11/16 delivery (5 weeks now), so not sure if this will hold true or not now..  I also got the gift cert.  I let a stock set of 3-pw in stock shafts on ebay go by and the seller had them on hand!  Sadly after 2 days they were gone also...

No, I felt the wait was too long. I could save some more cash and get something from National Custom with a quicker turnaround time but I ended up going with the JPX 921 Tours and am supposed to get in 2-3 weeks on a custom order.

1 hour ago, Redjeep83 said:

not just covid, it was the same situation years ago after they were bought out. They changed approach to have a limited supply of materials in hand and its been a problem since. 

This is correct. Covid is probably accentuating the circumstances but there are delays every time. 

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I put in a custom order the day they launched (8/15 I think) through TGW.com as I had some credit there.  I've not heard a thing.  Hoping for end of this month from everything I've been hearing but I have no idea

TM Qi10 LS 8.25°, Ventus Black 6X, tipped 1”, 44.75” 

TM BRNR Mini Driver at 12° (HWF), HZRDUS Black RDX 70 TX, tipped 1", 43.75"

TM Stealth+ 5w at 18.25°, HZRDUS Black RDX 80 6.5, tipped 1”, 42.5”

2023 Titleist T100 (4-GW), PX 6.0, +1/4”

Vokey SM10 54.12(D), 60.08(M), PX 6.0, +1/4"

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2, 360g, 35"

3 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

This is correct. Covid is probably accentuating the circumstances but there are delays every time. 

I was going off memory and tried looking it up, it looks like they modified their approach shortly before being bought out by limiting their releases and limiting their inventory. I remember this new company that bought them saying something similar in inventory as well. They were flooding the market with new releases and product which was part of their downfall. Obviously they have gone too far in opposite direction.

Edited by Redjeep83
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Redjeep83 said:

I was going off memory and tried looking it up, it looks like they modified their approach shortly before being bought out by limiting their releases and limiting their inventory. I remember this new company that bought them saying something similar in inventory as well. They were flooding the market with new releases and product which was part of their downfall. Obviously they have gone too far in opposite direction.

Best selling woods line up this year would say the opposite. 

4 minutes ago, Kuk said:

How do you like this head/ shaft combo?

Absolutely love it; don’t necessarily understand all the shaft jargon: I have been using the Elevate 95 in the apex;  good shaft: but the c taper lite just feels smooth; launches mid high with the correct amount of spin. 

TM has a winner with this club. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Redjeep83 said:

This seems right. It all works out. They are putting out great products. It just sucks for those that are fast out of the gate and then have to wait for something so exciting. Haha 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

22 hours ago, therealjonzone said:

why wouldn’t you have just tested your T100 against the fitting head and build to your same specs instead of ordering the whole set?

Where is the fun in that? lol No I just prefer testing a whole set on course rather than a 6 iron in a hitting bay off fake grass. I don't do it regularly I've played Titleist since I was in high school but when something comes out that I really like the look of I'll give it a go. Did the same with JPX 919 Tours for a few months. 

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

Fyi just checked on my p770 4-pw set purchased on August 24th, new delivery date is November 4th. It sucks cuz thats pretty much cold weather golf for me and will be hard to truly get a feel. Crazy thing is if I orsered a week earlier I would of had these clubs delivered 2 weeks ago. Its all timing! 

4 hours ago, nikeblades00 said:

Fyi just checked on my p770 4-pw set purchased on August 24th, new delivery date is November 4th. It sucks cuz thats pretty much cold weather golf for me and will be hard to truly get a feel. Crazy thing is if I ordered a week earlier I would of had these clubs delivered 2 weeks ago. Its all timing! 

Makes sense as i was quoted the 11/16 ship date on my purchase on 9/2 basically a week after you ordered yours...  I hope they ship 11/16...  but i will find out more as it nears the timeframe.

these are not mine, but found online and figured i would post it, its the P770s... 🙂

p770s.jpg

Edited by Magnificat

DRIVER: TaylorMade R1 10.5° Stock Shaft Regular Flex

3/4 WOOD: TaylorMade Rballz 14°HL Stock Shaft Regular Flex

IRONS 3-PW: TaylorMade P7MC Nippon Modus Tour 105S

GW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 52.09 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

SW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 56.12 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

LW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 60.08 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

Putter: TaylorMade Daytona 12 traditional bladed putter

BALL: Callaway Chrome Soft and Titleist ProV1

Well, so far I'm getting my butt kicked by the P770's.  I got fitted for C-taper lite shafts.  It seems as though the shafts are a horrible fit for me now that my set is in.  I'm hoping to swap shafts soon and see if that fixes the problem, otherwise I may continue my club search.  For reference I'm coming from Z785's and MP-32's, so I'm used to that relative club size.  Looking at swapping to $-Taper shafts as I previously played those in the MP-32's with great success.

Does anyone have any info on the stock Z grip? I don't know what it is but it feels like it has less taper than a tour velvet. 

I just looked on Golf Pride's site and they offer a Z grip plus 2 which I am assuming this is. 

https://store.golfpride.com/store/grips/prod2940002/zgrip-plus2?_ga=2.156103355.1834971641.1602086202-1608590607.1602086202

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

1 hour ago, COmedic said:

Well, so far I'm getting my butt kicked by the P770's.  I got fitted for C-taper lite shafts.  It seems as though the shafts are a horrible fit for me now that my set is in.  I'm hoping to swap shafts soon and see if that fixes the problem, otherwise I may continue my club search.  For reference I'm coming from Z785's and MP-32's, so I'm used to that relative club size.  Looking at swapping to $-Taper shafts as I previously played those in the MP-32's with great success.

Whats the issue your having? I bet you could sell those on bst and get your money back.

38 minutes ago, JStang said:

Does anyone have any info on the stock Z grip? I don't know what it is but it feels like it has less taper than a tour velvet. 

I just looked on Golf Pride's site and they offer a Z grip plus 2 which I am assuming this is. 

https://store.golfpride.com/store/grips/prod2940002/zgrip-plus2?_ga=2.156103355.1834971641.1602086202-1608590607.1602086202

Hi, can confirm it's the Plus 2. Rep told me during my fitting, he also said none of the accounts he visits were aware. I had no clue it was offered, it's perfect for me, with one additional wrap overall.

• Like 1

This is the stock grip. 

• Z Grip 360
    • Color
    • Grey/Black
    • Size
    • Standard
    • Weight
    • 52g
    • Round/Reminder
    • Round
    • Butt Size
    • Feel
    • Textured

Z grip.jpg

Edited by Woodridge
update grip info

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Ping Anser 2 2021 34" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.