Taylormade P7MC and P770 2020

doctorjedi

6 minutes ago, nikeblades00 said:

Balance seems off? What does that mean swing weight? I have heard some people complain that their 770s swing weight has been all over the place. I haven't checked mine yet. 

Reason why I told fitter to check all swing weights before I take them.  If not right send em back

• Like 1

Mine were light, fixed it in a CC fitting.  No knock on the performance, I’m pleased with the build, but TM seems to be a bit hit and miss out the door.  

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 Hybrid 19*, Ventus Blue HB 9X  /or/  Titleist TSR2 7W 21*, Tensei Black 75X

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini CH /or/ Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

• 2 weeks later...

Wow things got really quiet around here. I know its cold out but nothing going on?  Maybe i should suggest getting iron covers again and see if things liven up like last time...   

DRIVER: TaylorMade R1 10.5° Stock Shaft Regular Flex

3/4 WOOD: TaylorMade Rballz 14°HL Stock Shaft Regular Flex

IRONS 3-PW: TaylorMade P7MC Nippon Modus Tour 105S

GW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 52.09 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

SW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 56.12 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

LW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 60.08 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

Putter: TaylorMade Daytona 12 traditional bladed putter

BALL: Callaway Chrome Soft and Titleist ProV1

8 minutes ago, Magnificat said:

Wow things got really quiet around here. I know its cold out but nothing going on?  Maybe i should suggest getting iron covers again and see if things liven up like last time...   

Well I finally got mine 4 weeks late than the already long lead time.

They look amazing, however currently in midst of 3rd national lockdown in England and no end of it in sight, so no feedback to give 😞

been gaming my 770's for a couple months now and so far so good. finally starting to get used to the feel (came from titleist CB's)

on that note - I was at the range the other night and somehow smashed a 8iron 170yards, which is about 10-15yards more than my typically distance. So far that is the only "flyer" that I've noticed with these irons.

Wondering if other ppl with 770's have had any issues with fliers?

Edited by blam89

30 minutes ago, blam89 said:

been gaming my 770's for a couple months now and so far so good. finally starting to get used to the feel (came from titleist CB's)

on that note - I was at the range the other night and somehow smashed a 8iron 170yards, which is about 10-15yards more than my typically distance. So far that is the only "flyer" that I've noticed with these irons.

Wondering if other ppl with 770's have had any issues with fliers?

No issues with fliers here. I will say the irons with the slot in the sole - 7 iron on up - for me are 5 yards longer than the short irons. I say that because I hit the short irons the same distance as my old set (2016 Apex Pro) but the 7+ irons 5 yards longer than the Apex.

I’m really enjoying the 770s. Feel is a bit more muted than my old set, but they definitely are more forgiving through the bag. And they are easy to work in my view.

Just now, addage said:

No issues with fliers here. I will say the irons with the slot in the sole - 7 iron on up - for me are 5 yards longer than the short irons. I say that because I hit the short irons the same distance as my old set (2016 Apex Pro) but the 7+ irons 5 yards longer than the Apex.

I’m really enjoying the 770s. Feel is a bit more muted than my old set, but they definitely are more forgiving through the bag. And they are easy to work in my view.

I don't even like hitting my "old" i20s after getting fitter the p770s.  I have a sim at home at i20 with same 7 iron loft just cant compete.  I spin them way too much and ball speed is lower.  February can't get here soon enough. 

I'm hoping all the great feedback others are having rings true for me as well.

2 hours ago, addage said:

Can’t say I’ve noticed that! Curious then if you feel there’s a big gap between the 7 and 8? 

next time I’m at the range I’ll pay more attention to the gapping between those irons

On 8/18/2020 at 9:36 AM, jll62 said:

I ended up ordering a combo of P770 3-4, P7MC: 5-6, P7MB 7-PW. Stock lofts in the P770 and P7MC, one degree strong in P7MB. This balanced the lofts, but I'll do some distance gap testing when I get them and adjust as necessary.

On 8/18/2020 at 9:36 AM, jll62 said:

I ended up ordering a combo of P770 3-4, P7MC: 5-6, P7MB 7-PW. Stock lofts in the P770 and P7MC, one degree strong in P7MB. This balanced the lofts, but I'll do some distance gap testing when I get them and adjust as necessary.

Can you let me know how you like the one degree strong? i just ordered P770 4-6 standard, P7MC 7-PW one degree strong. 

Just curious, since that option isn’t on TM’s cheat sheet, but keeps a 4 degree gap. 

Just asking for an update on the 7MC how is the durability I have seen people complaining, stating they are very easily damaged. Also seen TM take care of these issues as well.

~2024 Bag~

Titleist TSR2 10 Degree

Titleist TSR2 3W 15 Degree

Titleist TSR2 Hybrid 19 Degree

Titleist T-100s 4-W  Blackout

Titleist SM9 50.12F,56.12D,60.08M Blackout

Scotty Cameron 11.5 

Titleist Pro-V1x Yellow

On 8/26/2020 at 1:59 AM, TaylorMade Golf said:

Orders placed today are looking at 10/25 - 11/1 approx delivery date for all 3 models. It's a little dependent on the set make up, but in that general timeline - sorry.? 

Guys this is ridiculous!!! I ordered my P7mc's 5 MONTHS ago. Still not arrived!!

Sorry but this is the worst service I've ever experienced!!!

2 hours ago, KevBacher said:

Guys this is ridiculous!!! I ordered my P7mc's 5 MONTHS ago. Still not arrived!!

Sorry but this is the worst service I've ever experienced!!!

Did you order directly or thru a company?  Have you heard what the hold up is?

I ordered p770s end of December suppose to ship this week due to heads being unavailable. 

42 minutes ago, Nick_E said:

Did you order directly or thru a company?  Have you heard what the hold up is?

I ordered p770s end of December suppose to ship this week due to heads being unavailable. 

I ordered from Golfhouse. No they set 2 different deliver dates. First one was 9th of December and then 28th of january. Golfhouse asked them what the issues are but they didn't tell us. I will never ever order something again from them!! Mercedes built up my brand new car within 3 months and Taylormade is not able to build my irons within 5 months!! What a shame.

Really hope for you to get your's as soon as possible!

16 minutes ago, KevBacher said:

I ordered from Golfhouse. No they set 2 different deliver dates. First one was 9th of December and then 28th of january. Golfhouse asked them what the issues are but they didn't tell us. I will never ever order something again from them!! Mercedes built up my brand new car within 3 months and Taylormade is not able to build my irons within 5 months!! What a shame.

Really hope for you to get your's as soon as possible!

I was told that my set will not ship until Mid-March... ha

• Confused 1

D - Callaway Paradym TD 10.5 @ N/S w/ Mitsubishi Kai'Li Red 60tx

2H - Ping G430 w/ Accra TZ5 90H M5, FLAT

4H - Ping G430 w/ Aldila Rogue Black 95tx

DI - Ping iCrossover 4iron w/ Tensei CK PRO Orange 90tx

5&6 Edel SMS, 7-PW Edel SMS Pro w/ Accra TZi 105

Wedges - Callaway JAWS RAW 52W @ 51, 56W @ 54, 60X @ 60, 60Z @ 62 w/ Accra iSteel Wedge 120, Z Grind Gamer has a BGT ZNE 130 

Grips - SuperStroke S-Tech Cord (White) 2+2 

Putter - My TaylorMade TP Soto w/ Mitsubishi MMT & SuperStroke Tour 3.0 17 @ 38.5" 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

SuperStroke TXR1000 Rangefinder, Ping Tour Glove, UnderArmour 

On 1/12/2021 at 8:12 PM, Golly said:

This is why getting a proper fitting from a company like Club Champion helps a lot. I just did my iron fitting with them for the 770s and I am playing my 770s two swingweights heavier than what I have now, and it was coming off of the face like an absolute rocketship. Dont rely on your pro and the manufacture to get you the right gear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wedges - Callaway JAWS RAW 52W @ 51, 56W @ 54, 60X @ 60, 60Z @ 62 w/ Accra iSteel Wedge 120, Z Grind Gamer has a BGT ZNE 130 

Putter - My TaylorMade TP Soto w/ Mitsubishi MMT & SuperStroke Tour 3.0 17 @ 38.5" 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

15 minutes ago, jmorrow020 said:

This is why getting a proper fitting from a company like Club Champion helps a lot. I just did my iron fitting with them for the 770s and I am playing my 770s two swingweights heavier than what I have now, and it was coming off of the face like an absolute rocketship. Dont rely on your pro and the manufacture to get you the right gear. 

You go to D4?

5 minutes ago, Nick_E said:

You go to D4?

I actually went to D5. I swing ProjectX 7.0s so I like to have that head screaming down for me on the bottom part of the swing. 

11 minutes ago, KevBacher said:

When did you order?

Last week is when I ordered. But I was told that they are backordered through Mid-March for most stores. 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

1 hour ago, jmorrow020 said:

I actually went to D5. I swing ProjectX 7.0s so I like to have that head screaming down for me on the bottom part of the swing. 

Last week is when I ordered. But I was told that they are backordered through Mid-March for most stores. 

Man, you're strong.  7.0s is as stiff as they come.  Curious what's your SS with 7, 97??

1 hour ago, Nick_E said:

Man, you're strong.  7.0s is as stiff as they come.  Curious what's your SS with 7, 97??

My trackman swing speed in my fitting with the 770s at D5 was around 98.5, I did hit 100 a couple times when I really belted it haha. Ball speeds around 140. I took a break from golf the past year... so by the end of this summer I would expect my 6 iron to be consistently at 100 or higher. I love the 7.0s because they are so stable. 

Same with driver shafts... I play a TX tipped a full inch haha. I cant stand any movement at the tip. 

Edited by jmorrow020

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

Ordered mine P770 Jan 11th, they told me March time frame. Haven’t asked for an update, not holding my breathe. 

Dr: TSi3 10 Ventus Red 6s

F: TS2 16.5 Ventus Red 7s

H: 915h 18 and 24 diamana s+

I: P770 5-PW Steelfiber i95s

W: MG3 49, 54, 58 dg115

P: Scotty Cameron Flowback 5.5 w/      custom CT Tour shaft (custom red,white,blue paint fill with stars & stripes headcover)

B: BX / TP5X 

For something besides ordering times... I grabbed a set of 770 heads off BST for my dad. He’s 63 but quite fit for his age. Used to be a pro football player and works out every day. His swing is sh!t though 😂. Anyways, he’s been playing a combo of Srixon 545/745 for a bit over a year now. They were pretty good for him. We got his 770 switched onto his soft stepped .5 inch long DG 105 S. 

The shafts aren’t in my spec at all but i hit some shots last night and really enjoyed them. The 8 iron feels like a solid forged club. Gets a bit of the clip in the longer irons but overall quite forgiving and reasonably long for the lofts. I could easily play them. I compared to my 760 long irons and the 770 actually look the same with maybe a fractionally nicer top line? Anyways they did a great job with this. 

I will say the previous over obviously hit a few slightly heavy and the face finish does seem like it marks up very easily so be aware. 

Currently sitting at 11.9 and decided upgrading my 13 year old R7 irons would inspire me to finally breaking into the single digits.  Got fit into a set of 770’s last week and they are amazing.  Haven’t swung a club in ~3 months but ball speed consistently 115 range, launching around 20*, landing 47-50*, spin around 5800 but that’s more about my swing (never going to be a high spin player without a swing overhaul).  I picked up 10-15 yards of carry over my old set and no it’s not due to loft jacking, the 770’s are about 1* weaker.  Dispersion was very tight and didn’t get killed on miss hits. 

I went in really excited about the ZX7’s but tried them, 2 different Mizuno’s and a few other and the 770s by far performed and felt the best for me.  For anyone who’s concerned the 770’s lack “feel”, I hit a ball placed my finger where I thought I made contact and walked straight back to launch monitor to confirm...spot on every time!

Since order time seems mandatory on this thread. Ordered 1/29, expected 4/26...kill me!  I’m a lefty and it does seem like TM has heads in stock and wait time is due to the shaft, S KBS $ Taper Lite.  I thought about trying to change to the C-Taper Lite since that is in stock but figured I hit the $ so well why chance it.

• Like 1

Just wondering how some of you plan to complete the lower end of your P770 bag, that is, if you've already included the AW (51°) in your setup?

For example, are you adding only one more wedge (e.g., 56°), or are you adding two more wedges (e.g., 56° and 60°)?

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x