SIM sole tracks cracking - Taylormade you have a design problem on a $600 driver

Brian8225

1 hour ago, Matty_ICE15 said:

Seems like the warranty claims process is pretty inclusive? is there any specific support you need to qualify?

Want to make sure I maintain the proper records in case I have any issues with my Sim2Max down the road.

I went through their website and they have you send them 4 pics.  If something happens, the best thing you can do is to take it back to the person/store you bought it from and have them warranty the head.  TM is more likely to respond to the retailer than the SIM owner.  Also, the SIM 2 and MAX don't have the weight track, so it's unlikely to crack in that spot.  I worry more about cracking the face as I have done that twice already with 2 of my previous drivers. 

Edited by phizzy30

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Diamana ZF 60TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

• 4 weeks later...

So @RangerV was kind enough to msg me on my recent BST post and tell me mine was cracked and he led me here. Sure enough, it was cracked. 

I decided to submit my warranty claim online for the sake of time/convenience yesterday (04/29) and heard this afternoon (04/30) that they'd be providing me a replacement (who knows what they'll send me) by 06/10. Not bad all things considered... can't complain. My crack looked just like the original post here.

BIG BIG BIG shoutout to @RangerV for the heads up. I got suuuper lucky someone saw my post and checked out my pics and pointed it out. 

TSi2 9* w/ Tour AD DI 6S

G425 Max 14.5* w/ Tensei AV Orange 75S

G425 3Hy 19* w/ Tour AD DI 95S

ZX5 4-PW w/ MMT 105S

SM8 50*, 54*, 58* w/ Modus Wedge 125

White Hot OG #1

ProV1, Left Dash, or V1x

Nothing above is permanent like many of us, even though I tell myself it is...

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone! I know this post is old lol but I was just wondering if they ask you to send in the broken SIM driver, wait, and then ship out a new driver? Or do they just reply to your first warranty claim with the offer to send out a new driver ASAP? I have a SIM driver cracked exactly the same as the OP's post, and while its great that Taylormade has great warranty program, I don't really want to wait too long and might decide to purchase a different driver depending on the process.

8 hours ago, jparrk81 said:

Hey everyone! I know this post is old lol but I was just wondering if they ask you to send in the broken SIM driver, wait, and then ship out a new driver? Or do they just reply to your first warranty claim with the offer to send out a new driver ASAP? I have a SIM driver cracked exactly the same as the OP's post, and while its great that Taylormade has great warranty program, I don't really want to wait too long and might decide to purchase a different driver depending on the process.

they will ship out a new one to you. After which you have to return your broken one. 

On 7/18/2020 at 3:22 AM, dubogey said:

It’s TaylorMade. I thought this was expected?

It is.  I cracked my R11 dot and SIM MAX on the face.  I have a OG SIM as my back up in the closet and game the SIM2.  I say a little prayer everytime I tee it up now.......😬

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Diamana ZF 60TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

I don’t see the big deal or surprise.

If you want a head thats on the limit of size, the limit of ball-speed, the limit of COR, the limit of composite material use and of weight being moved around;  then guess what - you’re now on the limit. And one will fail now and again. 

Pushing the boundaries in any walk of life inevitably leads to the occasional failure.

Used to be quite the norm; not a rarity - in the early days of Titanium heads……

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

25 minutes ago, sevenfourate said:

I don’t see the big deal or surprise.

If you want a head thats on the limit of size, the limit of ball-speed, the limit of COR, the limit of composite material use and of weight being moved around;  then guess what - you’re now on the limit. And one will fail now and again. 

Pushing the boundaries in any walk of life inevitably leads to the occasional failure.

Used to be quite the norm; not a rarity - in the early days of Titanium heads……

Yeah well said. I'm sure they made the decision that they are ok with a certain percentage failure rate for the sake of being on the edge and thus higher performing as opposed to being bulletproof but slower/shorter. 

• Like 1

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX || Taylormade SIM 9* Diamana X'17 70X
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Diamana DF 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti 15* Kuro Kage DCXM 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || TItleist 915FD 18* Fujikura Motore VC 9.2 Tour Spec X 
Srixon ZX Utility 20* HZRDUS Red 105 6.5 || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid  
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant