2 hours ago, MysteryV said:

Hands down the most versatile wedge I've ever picked up.  For better or for worse, I like to open my wedges quite a bit - in bunkers, around the green, and for partial shots.  For this reason I've gone with a T and a D. 

The T is amazing for firm, packed bunkers (like Harding park where I play the majority of my golf), where anything over 8 degrees forces you to play a chunk and run which often just won't work

Around the greens, I've never felt more confident with those delicate little pop up shots where you're a couple feet off the green and need to slide the club under to pop it 3" in the air and land it a couple feet on to let it roll out. 

Conversely, it's also great for 40 yard, medium height, 1 hop checkers as the face and grooves just seem to bite (though my last Miura wedge was pretty shiny in the sweet spot, so some of the performance may just be freshness versus Vokey specific face stuff).

The only place where the T is scary is on full shots, or even 3/4 shots, when the turf is soft.  I've essentially sacrificed the full 60 shot in those cases for a partial 55 with my D grind which has 13 degrees of bounce.

At this point, I LOVE this setup.  I've sacrificed 1 or two shots to enable 10 or 20 others.  I'd imagine this is kinda the idea behind the TW wedge setup, but the two tone rusting and elementry school paper look to the face just really turned me off.

Thank you!! This is exactly what I need! I rarely play full shots with my lob wedge, I too get scared of 60 yards or longer with my 58º Honma WW. 

I played the Vokey L Grind 58-04º. I loved it. I even got a Vokey 60 and weakened it to 62º, became a specialty wedge. I am going to pick up the T-grind. Thanks for the insight!

• Like 1
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Order em now on the Bay. Straight outa China. Grips may smell a little but....

Wish they offered the grind in 54/58*. Looks good 

I don’t play P•7TWs, I have a nearly new MG2 56*, and I’m very happy with my 60* HiToe.       Ordered a 60* TW. 

Posted Images

The shaft length for the 56* is 35.5" and for the 60* it's 35.25". This is 0.25" longer than the standard MG2 and even Vokey lengths. Are Tiger's actual wedges those lengths? Normally you have 0.25" gaps between wedges, so is it because he only plays 3 wedges and his PW is 35.75"?

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B80X, 18* Diamana D+LTD 80X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

8 hours ago, asroma19 said:

Thank you!! This is exactly what I need! I rarely play full shots with my lob wedge, I too get scared of 60 yards or longer with my 58º Honma WW. 

I played the Vokey L Grind 58-04º. I loved it. I even got a Vokey 60 and weakened it to 62º, became a specialty wedge. I am going to pick up the T-grind. Thanks for the insight!

I just got the T Grind. Long time M Grind player. So far only 2 rounds with the T but very happy. Find it to be very versatile. Can really open the face up and hit those low spinners like you see JT doing. 

What's the delivery time on these looking like if you order now?

Can anyone compare these to Mizuno T20's?

Callaway Mavrik Max 9* w/ VA Nemesys 55 Four

Cobra King F9 Speedback 14.5* Fujikura Pro 2.0 7s

Cobra King F9 Speedback 17* Fujikura Pro 2.0 7s

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-P KBS $-Taper Lite PVD S

Mizuno JPX 919 50* Modus 105 S

Titleist Vokey SM7 54.08 M

Titleist Vokey SM7 60.04 L 

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34'

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Mizuno Pro Cart Bag - Staff

@TreyMac After to speaking to a few golf shops / TM customer support it depends which route you go.

If you buy each wedge individually from the custom shop, the lead time is 3-6 weeks, if you buy the box set, they are in stock ready to ship per TM customer support. I guess in the end it depends if the $100 is work having sooner or if you need something specific. 

Edited by 2ndCut16
  • Like 1
On 9/19/2020 at 4:07 PM, ASN21 said:

Two hi toes. As much as I love the design and tech I think these just work better. Hi toe is money out of bunkers though. 

I tried the hi toe 58* and 60* for a bit and went back to milled grind 58* and Vokey 50/54*.   For me...The hi toe was slightly better for short game but way worse on full ...and less than full...shots from the fairway.

WITB
Tools for the job!

On 9/21/2020 at 4:58 AM, TrueWRX said:

I just got the T Grind. Long time M Grind player. So far only 2 rounds with the T but very happy. Find it to be very versatile. Can really open the face up and hit those low spinners like you see JT doing. 

I am a huge Vokey fan, but my boy, the Wedge Wizard is doing his thing at Honma and he took the wedges I was fitted last year with the man himself, Bob Vokey and dare I say made them better. I don't know what custom grinds he did, but they are so freaking dirty! I have been hitting all these shots, nipperz for dayzzzzzzzz!! 

I got a set of these 2 weeks ago and I have to say they are by the best wedges I have ever had. I've been struggling to replace my MD3's since I was so comfortable with them, but these are perfect. Love the way they sit on the ground, the way you can play shots with the grinds, and they produce alot of spin. Very happy with the purchase. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, N8dogg2669 said:

I got a set of these 2 weeks ago and I have to say they are by the best wedges I have ever had. I've been struggling to replace my MD3's since I was so comfortable with them, but these are perfect. Love the way they sit on the ground, the way you can play shots with the grinds, and they produce alot of spin. Very happy with the purchase. 

These are trending that way for me as well. Love the versatility from these. 

• Like 1

I got just the 60 degree. Not sure It’s going to knock my SM8 out of the bag but I am really impressed with the grind. I find it to be a very forgiving 60 which I was surprised. Lots of bounce on the square face shots and can lay it open to hit the high and low spinners. I think any decent golfer can play this wedge. Hopefully TM keeps the grind around. 

• Thanks 1

Can anyone give details about how the TW grind compares to the Vokey M Grind or the Callaway X grind? 

Edited by Wedge Ninja

Driver-TM M6 9*Atmos Black TS 7s

3w-Mizuno ST190 TS 15* Atmos Black TS 7s

5w-Mizuno ST190 18* Diamana LTD 80s

Irons-TM M5 4-PW XP-100 S300

Wedges-TM Milled Grind Raw 50* & 54* 

Wedge-Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58X

Putter-Scotty Golo Black 

9 hours ago, Wedge Ninja said:

Can anyone give details about how the TW grind compares to the Vokey M Grind? 

Ive used M Grind for a long time. I would say they are different grinds but can both do the same thing. TW is higher bounce and leading edge seems to stay lower to the ground when open. I find you can hit all the shots with both. TW straight leading edge looks awesome 

1 hour ago, FormerBigDaddy said:

I’m sure this has been answered here but can’t find it through all the pages. 

Why would someone order the box set for $500 when you can order them both individually for !100 less? Is there a difference besides the box?

I got the box set because I wanted it for my mancave.  I did not pay $500 for them though.  The clubs are all the same. 

Edited by TheMoneyShot

Do these have the same raw face of the normal ones?

TSi3 9* w/Tensei AV Raw Orange 60TX

TM DF Tour M2 16.5* w/Tensei Pro Orange 90TX
TM SIM Max Rescue 19* w/Tensei Pro Orange 90TX
Wilson Staff Model CB/MB 4-PW w/DG AMT X100
Wilson Staff Model 52* w/TI DGS400

RTX Zipcore 56*, 60*w/DG Spinner

SC Newport Beach
TP5x PIX