Mavrik SZ fairway hosel size - .350?

Anybody know the hosel diameter for the Mavrik SZ fairway wood. I bought a 4W head and it seems it has a 0.350” hosel......trying to figure-it if the head is fake or real.

Update - I went out and bought an SZ 3W and pulled the shaft. It also measure 0.350” and don’t have a shim so guessing Callaway are using a similar “universal hosel .335/.350” like they do with their irons to allow different shaft as customs.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't speak to the SZ but I just reshafted my regular Mavrik and it was certainly .335.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Ping G400 Max 9° EF White 65s 44.5"
Titleist TS2 16.5°  EF White 65s
Ping G410 21° EF White 75s
Ping G410 22°/25°/30° Hybrid Tensei White
Ping G410 7-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/ Stealth 2.0 SW

TaylorMade MG Hi-Toe Bigfoot LW
Ping Sigma 2 Valor

Possibility of different models in different countries? I’m not sure where everyone is, but could it be that Country A models are .335, while Country B modes are .350?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

There is no such thing as a universal hosel for wood shafts. A universal hosel works with irons because the difference between a .355 tp tip and a .370 parallel is only at the last 1/2" of the tip of the shaft. So all it takes is a small recess at the base of the bore to fit the .355 tip. The rest of the hosel will fit fine for both types of shafts.

Some OEM's might use a special ferrule to help act as a shim and center the top of the shaft but if one is putting a .335 shaft into a .350 hosel, they should always use some kind of shim.