Am I CRAZY?? MITSUBISHI MMT 105TX from Dynamic gold X7 / X100

Could I in fact be nuts? Very possible. I’m going to be ordering some new irons soon and really want to give the MMT shafts a go. I am a self disclosed dynamic gold fan and have essentially played S300, S400, X100 and X7. My current bag is X100 in wedges and X7 from p - 2 iron.

As the title says, I’m considering the 105TX MMT which weigh 113g. The X7s are 20g heavier than these. Why 105TX? Easy!! I’m Canadian and I play in cold weather, plus I’ve got a shoulder issues now. The X7s are totally fine and I really like them, however on colder days I’ve really got to get after them to get desired outcomes. Anyone who knows cold weather golf knows that your equipment, body and ball just don’t perform the same. Am I going to cause issues dropping that much shaft weight going from X7 to MMT 105Tx?

The plan would be the 125TX wedge shafts but I could do an entire set of 125s also.

I look forward to some feedback.

Im also not some freaky monster either. 5ft 10, 186lb w/ a 6 iron SS of 98-100 and driver in the low 120 range. I’ve got a hockey and baseball background so making the transition is just natural for me.

Thanks!!

In The Bag:

TS3 8.5° - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX

915F 13.5° - Tensei Pro White 80TX

915F 18° - Tensei Pro White 80TX

718 TMB 3 - Tensei Pro White 100TX

716 CB 4-PW - DG X7

SM6 50°, 54° & 58° - DG X1

Odyssey Big-T Blade

ProV1x

On tap:

718 TMB 2 -Tour AD DI 95X

716 CB 2 & 3 - DG X7

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It will only cause issues if the decrease in static weight messes with your timing and you don't do anything to compensate for it. This will also depend on whether or not you're fighting weight, shaf

It's in this thread. It's worth the read if you have the time.   https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1794484/official-review-mitsubishi-mmt-iron-shafts-final-review-post-2-is-up/p1  

No harm in giving them a try.

I went from X200 to KBS Tour 90s. I didn't plan on that, they were just in the clubs I got (for a good deal). I figured I would pull the shafts immediately, but decided to try them out. I don't really notice much of a difference. I both irons back to back on the range. Good shots all reacted in a similar fashion. I do think I possible have a looser dispersion, especially if I go after the ball harder - but I'm not nearly consistent enough to say that isn't just me and not the shafts.

It will only cause issues if the decrease in static weight messes with your timing and you don't do anything to compensate for it.

This will also depend on whether or not you're fighting weight, shaft bend profile, or both. Best to feel this one out and go by the results as opposed to whether or not something "should" be. Pay close attention to your transition and your release and make adjustments based on whether or not things feel right in those areas. The only reason things like this tend to go badly is that people don't tweak to make it work, so keep some lead tape handy and experiment if they don't agree with you straight out of the box.

• Like 1

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Mizuno ST190 9.5* Tensei Pro Blue 70TX
Taylormade SIM Ti Tour Issue 16* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Titleist 915FD 14.25* Kuro Kage 80XTS
Taylormade SIM Max 18.5* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Titleist 915FD 17.25* Kuro Kage 90XTS
Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

Sim Max 9.75* GD IZ 6s
TS 17* 

SM8 52F-56D-60M
Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
Nike 006 Rory Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
TP5x Pix

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

According to Mitsubishi the MMT 125's were designed to emulate the X100.

JBeam Bullet 10*                           Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Exotics CBX119 3WD                    Accra Tour Z RPG 372 M5

Exotics CBX119 5WD                    Accra Tour Z RPG 382 M5

Exotics CB2 7WD                          Accra TZ5-85 M5
MIURA CB57 5-7                           MCI MMT-125TX

MIURA Tourney Blade 8-P            MCI MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Proto 52, 57, 61           MCI MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Cameron 009 33/350gr. 1.5 Beach Prototype (A010656)

Ive been living in Denmark for about 20 years now, and the climate in DK is variable, some withers, the winter dont come at all, like the last one. That means it happens that we can play all year, but sure, temps go lower than summer time, but +6-7 C* (43-45 F) new years day is not unusual. We dont change to "winter clubs", but most of us use a ladies ball when temp fall below 10 C*, thats really all thats needed, and reserves in a warm pocket, so softer and warm golf ball is a must. Clothes can be a hinder, but today there is all sorts of sports underwear that dont limit movement, so i really dont see the need to have a set of clubs for colder climate.

20 grams down in shaft weight is a lot, so listen to Valtiel, be prepared to add some head weight, and maybe a few grams on the shafts too so feel and resistance dont throw you to far off. Get a softer model ball while you are at it, even PRO V1 feels like a rock when temp gets to low, so to get a feel closer to summer, softer and warm golf balls is a must.

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2020 at 9:20 AM, Saskwatch said:

Could I in fact be nuts? Very possible. I’m going to be ordering some new irons soon and really want to give the MMT shafts a go. I am a self disclosed dynamic gold fan and have essentially played S300, S400, X100 and X7. My current bag is X100 in wedges and X7 from p - 2 iron.

As the title says, I’m considering the 105TX MMT which weigh 113g. The X7s are 20g heavier than these. Why 105TX? Easy!! I’m Canadian and I play in cold weather, plus I’ve got a shoulder issues now. The X7s are totally fine and I really like them, however on colder days I’ve really got to get after them to get desired outcomes. Anyone who knows cold weather golf knows that your equipment, body and ball just don’t perform the same. Am I going to cause issues dropping that much shaft weight going from X7 to MMT 105Tx?

The plan would be the 125TX wedge shafts but I could do an entire set of 125s also.

I look forward to some feedback.

Im also not some freaky monster either. 5ft 10, 186lb w/ a 6 iron SS of 98-100 and driver in the low 120 range. I’ve got a hockey and baseball background so making the transition is just natural for me.

Thanks!!

What did you end up doing?

• 1 month later...

Why didn't you just go with the same weight in graphite?

Cobra SZ Tour Length 9.0 with Ventus Black 60 stiff shaft
Callaway Mavrik 15 degree fwy with Ventus Blue 70 stiff shaft
PXG Gen2 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Fuji Pro 2.0 8 stiff shaft
Srixon zx7 5-pw with Steelfiber i95 stiff shafts
Ping Glide 2.0 raw 50 and 54 degree wedge 
PM19 60 degree raw wedge
TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe

• 3 weeks later...

It's in this thread. It's worth the read if you have the time.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1794484/official-review-mitsubishi-mmt-iron-shafts-final-review-post-2-is-up/p1

I can't find it but MCI commented on how the MMT 125TX was based on the X100. I'm sure you can reach out to them and they will answer your question(s).

And finally from personal experience. I switched over to this shaft after playing the X100 since its inception. It was a seamless transition and my numbers and lack of joint soreness reflect this.  🍻

Edited by nitram
  • Like 1

JBeam Bullet 10*                           Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Exotics CBX119 3WD                    Accra Tour Z RPG 372 M5

Exotics CBX119 5WD                    Accra Tour Z RPG 382 M5

Exotics CB2 7WD                          Accra TZ5-85 M5
MIURA CB57 5-7                           MCI MMT-125TX

MIURA Tourney Blade 8-P            MCI MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Proto 52, 57, 61           MCI MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Cameron 009 33/350gr. 1.5 Beach Prototype (A010656)