Are Toulons Being Faked?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they that bad or is it the price point? Milled blade putters with a top sight line are hard to find and the Austin looks nice in pictures. But I have no interest in paying 400$ for one and don't feel right going into golf shops with no intention of buying new at retail price. Used market is sub $200 all day long.

No counterfeits I’ve ever seen. When they first started the line I loved the shapes but was underwhelmed with every one I have ever touched. The feel is average and the cost is just too high.

I have a feeling that some of the resale value is lost because Toulons just do not wear well, at least the pre-full diamond face milling ones. They show a lot of sole and face wear and it doesn't seem to take much to ding them. For that reason, used Toulons often look pretty grungy in pictures.

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood

Cobra F9 5 Wood

Srixon H45 4 hybrid

Srixon 565 5-AW

Ping Glide 3.0 54 deg.

Callaway PM Grind 60 deg.

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

I love my Atlanta. Unique shape for Toulon. Some others kind of come close but they are more rounded on the back. Bought a lile new used one over a year ago for $150ish. Heck of a deal.

8.5* Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Blue 60TX
15* TM M1 w/ Rogue Silver X
19* TM M1 w/80x Black Tie
4-PW Srixon Z745 w/ TTDG X100
Titleist SM6 52.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.10 S 
Taylormade Spider Tour Black
Taylormade TP5

love my portland. Feel is superior to many camerons i have tested..except my Bobby Grace Artist Series...no other comes close. Will even get the Columbus Toulon soon. At the resale prices...a bargain for quality work

SIM 10.5 Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD
Cobra LTD PRO EVO III FUJI/ Graffaloy Blue
Cobra F9 Avalanche 3/4 Atmos 7
Cobra F9 Avalanche 5/6 Atmos 7
Adams XTD TI Hybrid 21-23*
Ping iBlade 3-pw DG XP S300/Original Nike Blades 3-PW s300
RTX 3.0 50, 54, 58 Modus 120
Toulon Columbus

• 3 weeks later...

Never seen a counterfeit toulon. 

Though I agree with most above. Resale is terrible, which also provide opportunity for deals. 

I am waiting on a toulon garage Madison with the long neck h2 from CPO in the rose gold finish. Arrives Friday. Paid a whole $178 total for the putter. (Called CPO and asked about item as some details were missing, asked if I could get a better price over the phone and offered an additional 20% off for me). 

Just couldn't pass up the deal. Plus free returns if condition is not what I expected. 

• 2 weeks later...