Jump to content

Project X Smoke RDX Shaft


osubuckeyes691
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, goudok said:

I got fit for a Titleist TSi2 by a Titleist rep with RDX 60 6.0.  My wife got me a fitting certificate to a big known custom fitting shop.  So I took it there to see what they say.  I was fit for some accra shaft.  Guy was pissed I didn't want to buy it on the spot.  I found it used on eBay for a good deal.  Needless to say that Accra was nowhere near as good as the RDX on the course.  

I do have an ADDI that I have love/hate relationship with.

 

Sounds like club champion

Epic Speed + AD VR 6 / TSi2 3W + AD HD 7 / TSi2 7W + AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon JDM Austin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I have the Smoke Yellow Small Batch TX 70 in my SIM2 Max 3 wood, and RDX Smoke Blue 6.5 70 in my SIM2 Max driver.  My swing speed is 110-112 with a medium fast tempo.  Obviously not apples to apples with the flex difference, but to me the RDX Smoke Blue feels "better" - smoother, more load, excellent whip crack energy transfer into the ball, and seems to give a more optimal trajectory and mid spin.  I do have to be conscientious about keeping a smooth tempo with the RDX.

 

Smoke Yellow for me gives a very high trajectory with low spin, feels more heavily counter balanced, and is not as smooth.  I do feel like I can swing more aggressively with the Smoke than the RDX.  If PX sold an 80 6.5 in the RDX blue, I'd probably swap it out as I like the RDX more.

 

I really like them both, and both have helped me get rid of my left miss.  I seem to be one of those people who does get along with counter balancing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2021 at 10:50 AM, tacticalpanda said:

I have the Smoke Yellow Small Batch TX 70 in my SIM2 Max 3 wood, and RDX Smoke Blue 6.5 70 in my SIM2 Max driver.  My swing speed is 110-112 with a medium fast tempo.  Obviously not apples to apples with the flex difference, but to me the RDX Smoke Blue feels "better" - smoother, more load, excellent whip crack energy transfer into the ball, and seems to give a more optimal trajectory and mid spin.  I do have to be conscientious about keeping a smooth tempo with the RDX.

 

Smoke Yellow for me gives a very high trajectory with low spin, feels more heavily counter balanced, and is not as smooth.  I do feel like I can swing more aggressively with the Smoke than the RDX.  If PX sold an 80 6.5 in the RDX blue, I'd probably swap it out as I like the RDX more.

 

I really like them both, and both have helped me get rid of my left miss.  I seem to be one of those people who does get along with counter balancing.

This is what I experienced!

Great summary of the Smoke Yellow and RDX Blue!

 

I had the Smoke Yellow 6.0 in my Tsi2 and was very happy with it.

It had more of a Kick-release and the ballflight was med-high for me.

 

This is the 1st year I’ve played a Stiff flex-previous years we’re x-stiff.

 

On a whim I picked up an RDX Blue 6.5. The ballflight in my Tsi2 went down slightly, but more consistent. I do not feel the shaft is too much, in fact it feels siky smooth. No significant release-more one piece and mor of a whip like @tacticalpanda said.

 

The RDX Blue is very predictable/consistent.

 

I know see how slower swingers are moving into this in an X-flex.

 

The RDX Blue 6.5 feels like the RDX Black 6.0 to me.

 

Rox

2021 in the Bag!


Tsi2 9°/Hzrdus RDX Blue 6.5<br  />Tsi2 15°/Aldiss Green 75X<br />Epic Flash 21° Hzrdus Black 6.5<br/>Mizuno CLK 19°/Speeder Stiff<br>Srixon Z785 5 iron/$Taper 125<br>Epon 303 6 iron/$-Taper 125<br/>ZX-7 7-PW/$-Taper 125<br/>51° Cobra King Tour MiM Gap Wedge/AMT Wedge Black>Callaway MD4 Forged 54°10/KBS Tour S and SM8 D Grind 60°8/KBS Tour S<br />Taylormade Spyder S Blue<br />Bridgestone R-XS
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2
 

Backup:

Callaway Razr X forged 4-PW/DGX100

Srixon Z945 4-PW/Tour Elevate VSS X100

Scotty Cameron 5W Black 36”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a difference between the OEM Shaft and the aftermarket RDX Black/Blue?

TaylorMade SIM 9.0*, Oban Kiyoshi Black 65 X

TaylorMade 300 Mini Driver 11.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Black 75 X

TaylorMade SIM DHY 3, SteelFiber i95 Stiff

TaylorMade P770 4-6, Dynamic Gold 105 VSS Stiff

TaylorMade P7MC 7-PW, Dynamic Gold 105 VSS Stiff

TaylorMade MG2 50, [email protected], 60, Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 12:16 PM, roxald said:

This is what I experienced!

Great summary of the Smoke Yellow and RDX Blue!

 

I had the Smoke Yellow 6.0 in my Tsi2 and was very happy with it.

It had more of a Kick-release and the ballflight was med-high for me.

 

This is the 1st year I’ve played a Stiff flex-previous years we’re x-stiff.

 

On a whim I picked up an RDX Blue 6.5. The ballflight in my Tsi2 went down slightly, but more consistent. I do not feel the shaft is too much, in fact it feels siky smooth. No significant release-more one piece and mor of a whip like @tacticalpanda said.

 

The RDX Blue is very predictable/consistent.

 

I know see how slower swingers are moving into this in an X-flex.

 

The RDX Blue 6.5 feels like the RDX Black 6.0 to me.

 

Rox

I am considering trying the RDX Blue 6.5 as well.  Been playing the RDX Blue 6.0 in the Sim 2 Max and love the feel but dispersion not as tight as the Smoke Black and I tend to lose it high right.  When I hit it well it has a mid/high trajectory, is long and feels stable but smooth; I really like the feel of the RDX Blue.  I did not like the feel of the RDX Black.  Wondering if the 6.5 RDX Blue would tighten dispersion(??).  Any thoughts?

TM SIM2 Max 9* dialed to 9.75*, Tensei 1k 50s, (Cally Epic Speed and Mavrik Std 9* with RDX Blue 60 6.0 or Tensei 1k 60s as backups), Titleist TSi2 4w RDX Black, Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid 19* 70S, Callaway Apex/Pro Combo TT Elevate Tour S, 4i and 5i TT Elevate 105S, Titleist 50.08F Titleist 54.10, Titleist 58.08, Callaway Double Wide Stroke Lab 35", driver SS 99-104mph, 2.2 index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2021 at 2:17 PM, goudok said:

I hated the feel of the original smoke black in a driver.  Not sure if it was the combination of the head/shaft, but just hated the feeling.  

 

That was my experience.  I had good results with the Smoke Black in multiple heads (TS3/TS4/917D2).  The shaft was pretty stable with predictable ball flight.  But at impact it felt like shattering glass.  Diamana ('ahina and DF) and Graphite Design (GP, XC) both felt better.  

 

Based on this thread, maybe I should check out the RDX Black.  

Titleist TS3 10.5*: Aldila Tour Green 65 TS

Titleist 917D2 12* Tour Issue: Graphite Design XC 7X

Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 16.5*: KBS C-Taper Lite 110X

Titleist 818H2 19* (set at 18*): Tensei Pro White 90X

Grindworks PR-202: Modus3 120X

Vega VW-04 50* (set at 48*): KBS Tour 105 S

Vega VW-10 raw 52*: KBS Tour 120 FLT

Mizuno S18 54* DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

Titleist ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hagimihale said:

 

That was my experience.  I had good results with the Smoke Black in multiple heads (TS3/TS4/917D2).  The shaft was pretty stable with predictable ball flight.  But at impact it felt like shattering glass.  Diamana ('ahina and DF) and Graphite Design (GP, XC) both felt better.  

 

Based on this thread, maybe I should check out the RDX Black.  

I’ve tested intensively ADs AD, XC and RDX in the TSi2 head.  And I kept coming back to the RDX.  No idea why, but for some reason it gives me most confidence over it.  I sold the XC and putting DI for sale this week.  I think i might be over the kick feeling that DI gives me having hard time knowing when to release it.  Mind you this is the most consistent golf i’ve ever played and kind of starting to settle on what I like.  However, for some reason I love the original smoke in my utility iron, and it’s the 80 gram version.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, goudok said:

I’ve tested intensively ADs AD, XC and RDX in the TSi2 head.  And I kept coming back to the RDX.  No idea why, but for some reason it gives me most confidence over it.  I sold the XC and putting DI for sale this week.  I think i might be over the kick feeling that DI gives me having hard time knowing when to release it.  Mind you this is the most consistent golf i’ve ever played and kind of starting to settle on what I like.  However, for some reason I love the original smoke in my utility iron, and it’s the 80 gram version.  

Which RDX do you keep coming back to, the Black or the Blue?

TM SIM2 Max 9* dialed to 9.75*, Tensei 1k 50s, (Cally Epic Speed and Mavrik Std 9* with RDX Blue 60 6.0 or Tensei 1k 60s as backups), Titleist TSi2 4w RDX Black, Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid 19* 70S, Callaway Apex/Pro Combo TT Elevate Tour S, 4i and 5i TT Elevate 105S, Titleist 50.08F Titleist 54.10, Titleist 58.08, Callaway Double Wide Stroke Lab 35", driver SS 99-104mph, 2.2 index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #1
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #2
       
       
      Adam Scott - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Rose - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Collin Morikawa - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Jason Day - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Erik Van Rooyen - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Matt Jones - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Davis - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Smith - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Byeong Hun An - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Min Kyu - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Joohyung Kim - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Tommy Fleetwood - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Lucas Glover - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Keegan Bradley - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
       
       
       
      Gary Woodland's new Cameron putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Kevin Na's new Odyssey/Toulon putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jucie wedges & Proto irons - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
       
       
       
       
      • 6 replies
    • 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open WITB Photos- Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here...
       
      Links:
       
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Ian Poulter - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Corey Conners - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Matt NeSmith - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Doug Ghim - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Cameron Las Vegas covers - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX shafts - 2021 Shriners Hospitals doe Children Open
       
       

       
        • Like
      • 14 replies
    • 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Discussion and Links
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Monday
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #3
       
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #4
       
      WITBs
      Aaron Rai - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Brian Stuard - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Eugenio Chacarra - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Davis Riley - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Brice Garnett - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Curtis Thompson - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Richy Werenski - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Andy Ogletree - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Sahith Theegala - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Will Zalatoris - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Stephan Jaeger - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Kevin Chappell - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Jonas Blixt - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Kevin Streelman - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Sam Burns - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Matthew Wolff - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Jimmy Walker - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Gary Woodland - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Davis Thompson - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Sam Saunders - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
      Special Galleries
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
      Cameron putters - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
        • Like
      • 5 replies
    • 2021 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #8
       
       
      New Ping putter - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      New Bettinardi putters & Cover - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Ping Putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Cameron putter and new ball marker - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
      Sneds - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Peter Uihlein - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Charles Howell, III - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Scott Piercy - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Brandan Steele - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Mito Pereira - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway - WITB -2021 Fortinet Championship
      Joseph Bramlett - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
      • 19 replies
    • 2021 Tour Championship - Discussion and Comments
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Tour Championship
      LA Golf putter shafts - 2021 Tour Championship
       
       
       
      • 25 replies

×
×
  • Create New...