2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Foresight Forecaddy Unboxing

How do you like this Foresight Caddie? How is the remote? Does anyone have the Stewart X9 Follow and their thoughts? I'm really leaning into purchasing the Foresight Caddie.

just saw this post after posting in another thread that you had decided to order the FC! Cant wait to hear your review, especially on how the follow freature works and the stability on hills.

Driver - Cobra Speedzone

Hybrids

Cobra 17
      Wishon 775 21

Wishon 775 24 
Irons - Callaway Apex MB 6-A
Wedges - Maltby 54 60 TSW DRM
Putters - L.A.B Blad.1 and L.A.B. DF 2.1 Long
Titleist Yellow ProV1x / AVX 

Ok...I got out yesterday and played a little bit. Here is my first take on the Forecaddy. The cart itself is steady as a rock! I was quite impressed with the Follow mode. Sometimes it would seem to be going off course and then make its way right back to where it needed to be. I got to where I would trust it and stop looking back for it — until the one time on hole 13 when I forgot to take it off of follow and it was right behind me on the green!!! My buddies were like WTH!!!

I do have one complaint at the moment of which I have opened a ticket with Foresight about it. In the regular power assist mode it would only travel 5 feet and then stop abruptly - EVERY SINGLE TIME! I had the remote in the D position which is where it needs to be. I did find that that if I lifted the front wheels off the ground it would operate normally — this is something I DO NOT want to have to continue to do. We shall see what they have to say.

With a heat index of 102* yesterday I was surprised at how easy it was to play not pushing a cart. After 18 holes the battery was still at 80% - VERY IMPRESSED as the battery is not all that large and is not heavy either.

Will report back when I hear from Foresight!

I also just placed my order picking up this week. By the way, how was the cart in remote mode? I read in another forum a user was having problems in remote mode using the joystick saying it's almost unusable. Hopefully, they fix the power assist and remote mode issues. How did the cart do going through deep rough? The front wheel diameter is much smaller compared to my clickgear 8.

The remote is kind of a pain to use...I used it only two times so I would not have to take it with me to a long walk to the tee box. It could use some work — but not totally unusable. The cart for me in follow mode pushed through the rough with no issues whatsoever...I’m telling you it is quiet so sometimes you will look back to make sure its there LOL.

The weather is looking pretty dry today (105 heat index) so I will go out this afternoon and try to walk 18. Will report back anything positive or negative.

I got my Foresight last week and have been messing around with it quite a bit. I recommend if you own one update, the cart itself to 6.0 firmware, which you will need a windows computer and their USB extension directly to the cart. This will improve the remote feature a lot since it did suck before. The following mode is excellent, but also have issues with the power assist stalling after 5-10 feet. I opened a ticket with Foresight about this and waiting to hear back. That is bothering because I like the power assist feature, and someone spoke about the handles already wearing off, and yes, they are cheaply made. 

According to foresight the update on the cart should fix the bug with the power assist and remote must be updated as well, just ran a test run around my neighborhood and worked good. We will see tomorrow at the course and will give another update.

I had the chance to walk another 18 holes yesterday. The Power Assist worked ok...but still had some hiccups...it rips right into your stomach when you are walking on level 4 and it literally stops dead in its tracks and the handle rams you in the gut!!! LOL The follow mode once again worked very well...at times it will meander left and right but it has never failed me. I cannot comment on the handles wearing off but will take a better look at it next time.
I might have some issues being able to update the firmware...my house is a Mac house...Windows is a four letter word here — LOL

I just took it out for a test run, and the follow mode and remote work amazingly well with the new update. The power assist also worked a lot better but still had some hiccups in the last few holes and like "gparr" stated it rammed me right in my gut when it stopped dead on its tracks. I'm working with someone in Foresight to see how they resolve the handle issue and also the power assist issues. I will update you once I receive any intel from them, they have been very responsive. 

My box was missing the cell phone  and sand holder accessories.  I've contacted Foresight several times with no response. Anyways, Friday was my first day using my cart at Torrey North.  The follow mode is awesome!  I had trouble navigating the cart in remote mode and I agree this is almost unusable at least with my experience or maybe I'm not using the joystick correctly. When i have the joystick in forward position and want the cart to turn right or left it will stop and then turn the cart, not in a smooth transition slight way.  I also played Saturday, Admiral Baker.  Friday night I charged up the cart battery but must've forgot to turn off the remote from Friday play.  I ended up having to push the cart the entire round.  I need to remember to charge the remote because the cart is useless without the remote or at least have the cart be able to set in power assist mode.  Or they need to have an auto power off  on the remote after so many minutes.  Battery life was good.  I still had 3 out 5 battery indicator lights.

Forgot to add, does anyone have concerns about the battery holder compartment being waterproof?  I pulled the battery out and grass clippings fell inside the battery compartment.  I play in the early morning most times in wet dew.  Also I don't see any type of gasket that will prevent water getting inside the battery holder compartment.

17 hours ago, Adipure392 said:

Friday night I charged up the cart battery but must've forgot to turn off the remote from Friday play.  I ended up having to push the cart the entire round.  I need to remember to charge the remote because the cart is useless without the remote or at least have the cart be able to set in power assist mode.  Or they need to have an auto power off  on the remote after so many minutes.  Battery life was good.  I still had 3 out 5 battery indicator lights.

Adipure392 - Forgive my ignorance -- my Forecaddy just arrived today, but if you forgot to charge the battery on the remote, couldnt you just plug in the remote to the cart to charge it while out on the course with the included cable (or said differently, take the UBS cable used for the phone doc and plug that into the remote)?

20 hours ago, Adipure392 said:

Forgot to add, does anyone have concerns about the battery holder compartment being waterproof?  I pulled the battery out and grass clippings fell inside the battery compartment.  I play in the early morning most times in wet dew.  Also I don't see any type of gasket that will prevent water getting inside the battery holder compartment.

Great question. My first round we ended up on the far side of the course when a torrential rain storm came through...it was unbelievably BAD!!! No issues whatsoever!

Haven’t been able to get out for my third round...we have gotten about 6” of rain since Thursday and just had sun today. Will try and get out on Friday for at least 9 holes. 

I did take the time during the rainout to upgrade the firmware to 6...had to borrow a windows laptop...but did get it done. I’m a little anxious to see if the follow me is tighter and the power assist mode is easier on the stomach!!!

5 hours ago, GreenDot3 said:

Adipure392 - Forgive my ignorance -- my Forecaddy just arrived today, but if you forgot to charge the battery on the remote, couldnt you just plug in the remote to the cart to charge it while out on the course with the included cable (or said differently, take the UBS cable used for the phone doc and plug that into the remote)?

my box was missing the phone holder and I also forgot to bring the cable to the course.  That's a good idea.

Got out for a quick 9 this afternoon. I was hoping the upgrade to firmware 6.0 would be a positive thing. Well..the follow me as I have said from the beginning has been very good! However the firmware update was supposed to tighten up the path it follows - I noticed no improvement there. The problem with the sudden stopping using the Power Assist was MINIMALLY better. What I am finding is it is VERY sensitive to a downward elevation change. It can move literally an inch change moving downhill and it will stop dead in its track!!! I can only wish and hope that they would give us a choice to set the sensitivity level To where the user is comfortable. It is just way too sensitive for my liking so I will use it as little and sparingly as possible. I know it is a complaint but I still love this cart!!! The ability to walk and keep a normal stride not holding onto a cart is so much easier! And certainly less tiring to say the least.

What say you who are now using this cart?

Got in my first 9 holes with my Forecaddy and version 6. I am really happy with the follow and remote usage. My power assist is unusable except for going up hill.  It stops constantly. It’s odd because the videos on Foresight show it works fine for them. I hope they fix it soon. I see using this mode around the greens a lot. 
Does anybody know if they are still working on addressing this? Have they explained to anybody why it happens?

one other small complaint is the the phone holder comes off on large bumps like on cart paths. It was fine on grass. I don’t see this as an issue if the power assist was usable. I would have more contol over the cart without having to use the remote. 

update: i opened a ticket and sent them a video. My cart wont go in power assist mode more than a few seconds. Seems like that is different from what others have reported. 

Edited by Kmmcgra

I opened a ticket the day of my first use - have not heard a thing from them.

I got out and played another 9 yesterday. Power Assist just simply would not work except like Kmmcgra when going up hill. This is really getting to be a PITA! Again, the follow me works quite well...although I was hoping the “swing” right to left of its path would have been tightened up with the new firmware. I still am liking this cart - just freaking get the Power Assist working. I guess I will go open another ticket!

Edited by gparr

On 8/19/2020 at 3:14 PM, gparr said:

What say you who are now using this cart?

I took mine out for the first time this past weekend.  I was pretty nervous using follow so didnt try until hole 5.  Everyone is right--its a home run -- really works great.  My course has a lot of hills and handled them all like a champ. It was raining one day - no issues.  Umbrella holder isnt great.

Power Assist worked pretty well for me.  I did notice it worked much better when holding down the stop button vs. pushing the up arrow (though clearly prefer the hands free power assist).  I only had one or two abrupt stops.

I have finally heard from Foresight regarding my ticket issue with Power Assist. They want me to send in a video of it acting up. IT cant be more than 10mb...good lord I hope I can edit it down to 10mb.

Has anyone else heard from them?

I have walked 2 more 18 rounds. Things were going well with the Power Assist and then about hole 12 it literally would not work...whether I pressed the arrows or the stop button. I had to shut her down and the remote as well and turn back on to get it to move...

I got mine last friday and took it out for first 18 on Wednesday, initially i loved it, but on hole 11 (thank god i was looking at it) the circular disk that holds my 500- rangefinder.. fell off. at first i thought it was the rangefinder just fell off... as i picked it up off the ground i seen that the metal was still suck to the rangefinder... then on the next hole i had it in follow mode and im walking away but its going the opposite way chasing the people i was playing with. UGH. the other thing was the Neck/handle i think is cheaply made, mine seemed to have a lot of play in it, on one hole i was behind walking it down the hill using power assist and pushed the handle down to turn left  cause the front wheels do not turn i had to lift the front. As i was lifting the front the handle made a HUGE cracking noise and it seemed like it slipped into the next rosette on the elbow.  I called Foresight and spoke to them, they said they know about the metal disc and are mailing me a new designed one that just came in yesterday.   I tried to update the firmware on a MAC but bricked the remote.. i had a supervisor call me back and he did it for me from a friends PC.. ugh. it seems to turn better now but i will find out fore sure tomorrow on the course..