Foresight Forecaddy Unboxing

Is this accepable? My brand new Forecaddy is defective(acknowledged by support). The problem is no power assist more than 1 foot. I was led to believe they were sending me a new one. I was told to box the defective one up, accesories and all. After not hearing from them for a few days after they said it would ship they are now saying just ship the cart and remote( no wheels/accesories/bag support craddle). At the same time i noticed they are out of stock. After inquiring what I was getting they said it would be “like new” replacement cart and remote. I asked that does that mean like a demo or returned unit. Support had to get someone else to call me with that info. All they did was send links to videos showing a cart whole working. No info on the history of it. I’m worried because i have seen at least 2 other people send carts back with issues and get new ones. 
Is this an acceptable solution to my issue. They are working it as a warranty claim and keep implying the replacements can be “like new”. Like new means used but in good shape to me. I feel like i paid a premium for a solid product and i may be getting used replacement parts for a brand new cart. 

Edit:  Don’t get me wrong I love the cart. I like the features/footprint of it and accessories and my remote and follow worked flawlessly. It just seems they are not addressing my issue appropriately..

Edited by Kmmcgra

Just an update. IF ANYONE is contemplating purchasing a forecaddy.. DO NOT, i have had issues from day one with mine, on my maiden voyage... it changed direction about 4 times and started chasing someone else down the fairway.. the remote rubber was falling off, the rangefinder mount fell off.    I contacted foresight sports the address the issues, and on the back end they contacted moto golf to tell them it was operator error.... being that it stated clearly that it was NOT RETURNABLE i threw away the box.... so i did cause i didn't expect it to be in beta.. not just the software but the hardware also... after trying to update the cart 15x on my mac.. and the remote 5x the software on the remote magically disappeared.. now i was really pissed.  I finally got a call from motogolf stating that it is only a cart and expected to have a few issues and to just deal with it... (really? a 2k cart)  then she "JAN" said that they will provide a label to ship it back and get a refund. i told her that i rather have a new working unit, bear in mind that this was 3 days old... so anyway, i got a call from foresight supervisor Matt, who walked me thru and took over my neighbors PC computer to update the remote.  so now the remote worked again.... next day. last friday i took it out for its 2nd round, but this time i was ready to document the issues.... I pull it out of my vehicle and turn it on.. push the + arrow... and lo and behold, nothing, push it 10x more times and still nothing.... now im documenting it.   now on the course, im in drive mode D.. i push the joystick forward to get it going and wow.. nothing happening...   now im pressing the minus button 100x and its not going into free mode...

now we get to the emails and videos back to foresight..  after 2 days i emailed again asking what is going on..

rather then me interpret it i will just paste it here for you to read.

Matt Gargula - Supervisor (Foresight Sports) 

Sep 10, 2020, 18:17 PDT 

Hi Tobias, 

In our previous message I had offered return instructions for your ForeCaddy. 

The warranty policy covers all non-damage related failures and shipping back to you once the item has been fully repaired. 

This policy is published for everyone should you want to review it under item #10 on the ForeCaddy Guide: https://www.foresightsports.com/forecaddy-guide

Once we get the device in house we can get it back to working order and have you up and running again. 

Thanks, 

Mgargula_Sig_250x100.jpg

this is the email i received from him.

this is my reply

Matt hi

if it was over 30 days old or 3-4 months old sure i would agree
but being that it had issues from day 1 i really have to disagree with this policy and the customer service 
at this point I’m really disappointed with the service that i have received and would rather just return the forecaddy for a refund. 
which i was offered by Jan from Motogolf, where i purchased it from.  its really sad since i really liked the unit, but not the service that i received 
for a 2k cart..
Please provide the shipping label and i will find a box to return the unit in. and don’t worry i will pack it well that there will not be any physical damage to the unit.
I am cc this email to motogolf so they are aware of the situation.
thanks again
Tobias
I also dont appreciate the talk behind the scenes that its operator error. and the unit is working properly.  I was a mechanical engineer prior to becoming a photographer, I am literate on how to operate things. what i am referring to is the talk between foresight and motogolf…
please send me the shipping label and i will have it shipped the same or next business day.
TObias

then i get this one back....

Hi Tobias, 

I am sorry that we could not have the opportunity to repair the item and return it to you. I really do believe once the warranty repairs had been completed that you would have enjoyed the cart. 

Unfortunately, our warranty does not provide return labels.  

Once we receive the device back with all accessories, and in its original packaging, we will put it through a quick inspection to be sure there are no damages to the return. Once this passes inspection we will release the refund to you per our refund policy. 

This RMA number will be used to track your device throughout the return process: 

Ship Serial# 0380 back to Foresight Sports using the RMA# 39503

To qualify for a refund the return must strictly follow these items:

• All devices MUST be shipped in original packaging to when it was receive to be refunded.  

• Please note the RMA number on the external packaging slip of the shipment. Do not write on the box itself.

• Ship to the address below INCLUDING ALL ORIGINAL ACCESSORIES.

• Any damaged items will be deducted from the amount refunded. Failed items, covered under the manufacture warranty, are excluded from this notice. 

MY REPLY

matt hi
i was told via Jan from Moot golf that someone will provide a label, and like i stated below, the damn thing is ONE WEEK OLD. its NOT a car that needs to go in for repair… its a TWO THOUSAND dollar golf cart… that did not work properly out of the box. and should have been replaced.
and any box is OK as long as it arrives to you or whomever in tact.
please advise before i start posting on the bulletin boards my experiences with this ordeal
BTW i will not iie on my reviews but i will be 100% truthful on my entire experience with the videos that i provided to you and our and all customer service correspondence.
thanks again for your rapid reply. and i hope Jan chimes in to this email thread soon since she is an integral part of this point of the return.
Tobias
then his...
Hi Tobias, 

I am sorry this has been a frustrating experience so far. 

We have appealed your case to our manufacturing partner and they have agreed to offer a return label if you allow us to repair the cart and return it to you, avoiding the refund. The policy we have been abiding by is set by them and we are unable to make these accommodations without approval.

As I mentioned before, this is a great cart and we have had a lot of positive feedback so far from our ForeCaddy customers. I would really like to get it working for you and to help change your opinion of the product. I think you would really enjoy it! 

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. 

Thanks, 
my last reply to him
Matt hi
I dont want a repair at this point.
totally disgusted with this treatment.
if you can’t send a NEW cart then i want a refund. and im even scared at this point and treatment that i even want a replacement.
Tobias

On 9/4/2020 at 8:10 PM, Kmmcgra said:

Is this accepable? My brand new Forecaddy is defective(acknowledged by support). The problem is no power assist more than 1 foot. I was led to believe they were sending me a new one. I was told to box the defective one up, accesories and all. After not hearing from them for a few days after they said it would ship they are now saying just ship the cart and remote( no wheels/accesories/bag support craddle). At the same time i noticed they are out of stock. After inquiring what I was getting they said it would be “like new” replacement cart and remote. I asked that does that mean like a demo or returned unit. Support had to get someone else to call me with that info. All they did was send links to videos showing a cart whole working. No info on the history of it. I’m worried because i have seen at least 2 other people send carts back with issues and get new ones. 
Is this an acceptable solution to my issue. They are working it as a warranty claim and keep implying the replacements can be “like new”. Like new means used but in good shape to me. I feel like i paid a premium for a solid product and i may be getting used replacement parts for a brand new cart. 

Edit:  Don’t get me wrong I love the cart. I like the features/footprint of it and accessories and my remote and follow worked flawlessly. It just seems they are not addressing my issue appropriately..

After seeing your post Tobias, I sent Motogolf a message through their website contact page explaining my issues and if anyone else has had any complaints. I am one that usually ALWAYS holds on to boxes for a long time as most of the time companies will pull the original package needed for return crapola! Not with me - I GOT THE BOX!!! 

I think at this point after seeing your responses from Foresight, I would be willing to return my Forecaddy and go reorder the Stewart X9 and move forward. We shall see what Motogolf has to say. Foresight about guaranteed the problems would disappear with the firmware 6 upgrade - truth be told...I actually think it is worse.

We shall see....

• Like 2

On 9/3/2020 at 10:32 PM, Tobias M said:

I got mine last friday and took it out for first 18 on Wednesday, initially i loved it, but on hole 11 (thank god i was looking at it) the circular disk that holds my 500- rangefinder.. fell off. at first i thought it was the rangefinder just fell off... as i picked it up off the ground i seen that the metal was still suck to the rangefinder... then on the next hole i had it in follow mode and im walking away but its going the opposite way chasing the people i was playing with. UGH. the other thing was the Neck/handle i think is cheaply made, mine seemed to have a lot of play in it, on one hole i was behind walking it down the hill using power assist and pushed the handle down to turn left  cause the front wheels do not turn i had to lift the front. As i was lifting the front the handle made a HUGE cracking noise and it seemed like it slipped into the next rosette on the elbow.  I called Foresight and spoke to them, they said they know about the metal disc and are mailing me a new designed one that just came in yesterday.   I tried to update the firmware on a MAC but bricked the remote.. i had a supervisor call me back and he did it for me from a friends PC.. ugh. it seems to turn better now but i will find out fore sure tomorrow on the course..

Mine came with the right handle cracked out of box. Did the metal disc they sent fix the issue? Do you think it fixes the problem for good or will happen again?

I've had mine for about 3 weeks but have only played with the cart twice. Thanks to the previous posters, I was prepared for the quirks. The unit came undamaged and I wrapped the handles with tennis racket over wraps to protect the rubber. Didn't want them to disintegrate like the OP mentioned. As far as the operation of the cart has gone, I'd say I'm pretty happy with it. Unlike others, using the remote has been really easy and I've had no issues. Follow mode is terrific, although the path the cart takes is not unlike a drunk guy following you around. The issues I've had are on steep hills in remote mode. If it pops a wheelie up a hill it will stop completely. I've found using power assist up such hills works just fine though. We all know that Foresight has horrific customer services, so I'm hoping my issues stay at a minimum. I'm also a GC2 owner and have had all sorts of disappointments with Foresight support. I'd hope they read these forums and get their act together going forward, especially since they're selling very expensive machines.

All in all I'm very happy with the cart. I love walking and the Forecaddy makes it a joy. Good luck to those that take the plunge!

• Like 1

I received my replacement cart. It doesn’t appear to have excessive wear or unacceptable dings. A quick home test showed the power assist mode working much better(no stopping). 
one thing I noticed is the handles seem different. This cart has the handles and cart down bar as one peice. The other had separation where it appeared the handles could be removed. This serial number is new 160 vs 142. Strange. 

5E067FC3-B12F-45B2-B350-F1DA5297C221.jpeg

E1CD0A7E-DB37-4995-88FA-A2B8DC403D69.jpeg

As a small update...I have played but being a teacher working virtually has offered no time to walk...and I have yet to hear from Motogolf regarding the issues to see if they might take a return. I will try this week to get out and walk and see if I can get video of the Power Assist.

Kmmcgra — hopefully this works for you!!!

I have had my Forecaddy since July and have about 12 rounds on it. never had a problem until last week when the left handle broke off, definitely was not abused, it is plastic and not strong enough. Was told I had to send cart back to Foresight at my cost ($145.00)for upgrade and repairs. I asked them if they could just send me the part and they said no. My buddy has the Stewart X9 and the forecaddy is a much more user friendly cart. Being a new product on the market I can accept some initial problems will be needed to be worked out. After 5.0 software update I have no complaints on remote or follow mode. 

• Like 1

Jim, 

i agree on the handle being flimsy, i spoke with Matt at FS. supervisor and had a huge hassle to get them to pay for shipping back and to exchange the unit for a new model, bear in mind that it was ONE WEEK OLD.... but in the end they sent the label and supposedly now shipping a new model.. hopefully with the proper upgrades.. i also said to them the idea was awesome just the engineering was not were it needed to be... especially with the handle.. way too much play.

Well I have to say I wasn't looking at this as a contender before, but it is *definitely* off the list now. Sorry about the issues, but thank you for posting!

• Like 2

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2020 at 11:41 PM, karstens_ghost said:

Well I have to say I wasn't looking at this as a contender before, but it is *definitely* off the list now. Sorry about the issues, but thank you for posting!

Ditto here. 

@Tobias M when will companies ever learn that customer service is everything? So many of these companies don’t seem to understand that instead of telling just a small circle of friends about a problem we are now able to tell potentially thousands of folks with a push of a button.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an update for my use of the Forecaddy!

I made a quick decision to roll out yesterday to walk a quick round since the weather was so nice. I got to the course and realized i forgot my remote on the charger...I was not looking forward to using the power assist. Well...I am now wondering if the whole issue with the power assist doing its quick stop and stutter start my be a remote issue somehow...you see...i walked a whole round and NOT one hiccup - NOTHING!!! It worked like a champ...just no follow me without the remote. I was pleased...now I just need to remember my remote and hoe everything is resolved...thoughts?

for the technology in the cart its awesome, but im not sure the quality and the proper engineering is really there.  i think its a awesome cart that it follows you around when you are in the wide open. but when you have to take hold of it, the flimsyness of it starts to show through. it cost alot 2k when i purchased it was a whole lot to me but now i heard the price is 2250 and going to 2500, and their CS you would think would be A+ but in my experience it was more like a D-. .. mine was literally 2 weeks old and i had issues and they wanted me to ship it back to them for them to fix.. I siad NFW, its 2 weeks old i want a new one.  in the end they did send me a new one but i had to wait 3 weeks for it to get of the boat from china... now the season is over and its gonna sit still in the box in my garage until spring... lets pray that it dont have any issues cause by then it will be 6+ months old and im gonna have to pull teeth to get some kind of service..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Left handle on my cart snapped under normal use. I had read other users had this same problem, hopefully FS support will replace/repair. Luckily, I’m local so I don’t need to ship my cart in. I have used my cart every weekend since I purchased back in August so I have experienced some or most of the quirks other users have described but overall happy with the cart. I wish the wheel base was wider because it has almost tipped over when on side hills or going down a hill. It also loses communication i noticed near the holes along the radar while playing at Miramar.
One of the problems I have seen that comes and goes is when I’m at a green and it’s in follow mode, I hit stop but when I’m finished at the green, hit follow it seems to lose communication. I have to turn on/off the cart and then it resets. Not a big deal but when i contacted support they said they wanted a video of the problem which not sure I can replicate by showing them that the cart won’t follow unless I turn it off and the on again.

7F5B64A2-12E2-4FC9-BAAC-8796A3346F83.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased this in August 2020 and have had issues at the beginning with the power assist mode and also the handles wearing off quickly. I called support on September 2020 with the problems, and they wanted video and pictures. I never got to it, finally starting playing again after injuries and updating the Forecaddie firmware. The power assist mode is a lot better, and follow mode is exceptional. The handles finally broke off on the right side, and I called them back yesterday. They told me they had issues and are replacing all handles from the months that people purchased during their start of the launch. They did provide me a shipping label to ship back and did just that yesterday. Waiting for them to repair and send back, and hopefully, the handles are in better shape, and they said they would update the cart with the most current firmware and had a new firmware update in Jan 2021 that fixed quite a few bugs. I honestly love the product and have been very happy with it. The follow mode is excellent, the power assist mode is suitable (can be smoother, but getting there), and I often use it, and I do not use the remote at all. I believe the cart is worth it, and the battery lasts a long time. Hopefully, the update and new handles will make this thing a 5-Star product.  

I’m still waiting for them to repair my handle. It’s been over 2 weeks since I dropped off my cart and luckily I’m local. I can’t imagine having to ship this and then have them ship back after repair. Imagine it would take over a month to repair. Long story short, I haven’t received a repair update. 

Well they fixed my handle. The new handle is one piece and feels more solid.  Anyways, I originally sent in my cart to repair the handle and now the follow mode and power assist mode is not working properly.  Follow and power assist mode was working flawless before I sent my cart in for repair. The repair order notes the Main board, firmware was updated and it passed "run" test.  If the follow or power assist is having problems, then the cart is basically useless unless you manually push and even then with the small front wheels in front is difficult to push.

3rd time I have had to drop off my cart to Foresight for repairs. The original problem was to repair the left handle which took them 2 weeks to repair and then I played on the weekend and the follow and power assist mode was not working properly.  I then again drop off my cart for repair on Tuesday, February 16  and they supposedly repaired the problem saying the firmware was having problems and wouldn't keep so they updated it.  I picked up my cart yesterday, February 18 thinking they fixed the problem only to play another round today and the follow and power assist still had the same exact problems.  I took videos so I can document and provide them feedback of the problems, I emailed them the problems and I also brought the cart back to Foresight today. I spoke to technical support asking why do I continue to have these problems and this will be the 2nd time I have had drop off my cart to them for the same problem.  He said to give them at least 1 more week so they can do a full diagnostic? I asked them since my cart has had problems why not just exchange out for a new cart?  He said the owner/higher ups said not to replace problematic cars if they can fix them or repair.  I understand this but there are known problems with this cart.  Until they repair or replace my cart or fix all the follow mode problems, I highly DO NOT RECOMMEND TO PURCHASE THIS CART.  

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 7:38 PM, Tobias M said:

for the technology in the cart its awesome, but im not sure the quality and the proper engineering is really there.  i think its a awesome cart that it follows you around when you are in the wide open. but when you have to take hold of it, the flimsyness of it starts to show through. it cost alot 2k when i purchased it was a whole lot to me but now i heard the price is 2250 and going to 2500, and their CS you would think would be A+ but in my experience it was more like a D-. .. mine was literally 2 weeks old and i had issues and they wanted me to ship it back to them for them to fix.. I siad NFW, its 2 weeks old i want a new one.  in the end they did send me a new one but i had to wait 3 weeks for it to get of the boat from china... now the season is over and its gonna sit still in the box in my garage until spring... lets pray that it dont have any issues cause by then it will be 6+ months old and im gonna have to pull teeth to get some kind of service..

Did they send you a new one? if so, how is the new one working compared to the old one?  They are trying to repair mine just not sure why they just don't swap it out for a new one. They have had enough feedback from people that bought the cart first gen. so I'm assuming the new ones being released to have all the bugs addressed. new handle, new rangefinder magnet, etc. follow and assist power mode problems fixed, etc. The early adopters provide the best feedback to them and they should provide proper support if they know they have problems.  I don't think they can replicate the problems on a work bench compared to having someone use the cart on an actual course.  I provided video of the problems and whatever in house diagnostic or fix probably doesn't capture the problem I'm seeing on the course.  

• Like 1