ASK QUESTIONS: Mitsubishi Golf MMT Iron Shafts! Why Are They Different? Bonus Giveaway!

mmt-q-26a.jpgMitsubishi Golf set the forums on fire when they released the MMT iron shafts and since then there has been a ton of talk and questions on them. We want to make sure that your questions are answered, directly by Mitsubishi, so you know why the MMT iron shafts are different. Our own Johnny Wunder is going to host an Instagram Live event with Mitsubishi Golf to dive deep into MMT shafts. Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 3pm ET / 12pm PT to geek out with us! There will even be an insane bonus giveaway, 1 lucky member will win their choice of a set of MMT iron shafts! Make sure to follow GolfWRX and Mitsubishi Golf on Instagram and we will see you at the chat!

When

Thursday, August 13th @ 3pm ET / 12pm PT

Bonus Giveaway

1 lucky member will be selected and will get to choose a set of MMT iron shafts!

How To Enter

In a post below, ask a legitimate question about Mitsubishi MMT golf shafts!

That's it! Winners will be chosen at random and announced during the Instagram Live event. Giveaway is for good-standing members in the USA only. One entry per member only please.

Make sure to follow the TG2 podcast!

Instagram

Twitter

iTunes

SoundCloud

Spotify

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since this Q&A ended up being scheduled during the downtime, are there plans to reschedule it for a later time?

I've got Steelfiber i125 Stiff in the bag today, which play stiff to stated flex.  X flex Steelfiber plays just below rebar in terms of feel.  Due to injury, I must play composite iron shafts.  

It already happened.         I don't want to seem like a negative nancy -  but "Johnny Wunder" pretty much ignored all of the questions people asked on here.   He talked over their engineer,   and

I certainly understand the benefit for a lighter-weight shaft while maintaining more stability, but what should a player expect as the biggest benefit when utilizing the heavier 125g shafts? If I was playing with the DG X100, what should I expect to feel/see in the taper 125 that would make me say "Yeah, this is a game changer"? Thanks!

No idea the exact composition of these shafts, but would sure like to try them out. As a Nippon 120 player, what would the difference/benefit be? Thanks!

Epic Flash 9* -- HZRDUS Smoke 60

Epic Flash 3W -- HZRDUS Smoke 70

Apex '19 3H -- Catalyst 70

Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 4 -- Modus 105

Mizuno MP18 MMC 5-PW -- Modus 120

New Level 50* -- Modus 120

Callaway MD4 54*,60* -- TT s200 ti

Taylormade Spider

From a shock dampening standpoint I am interested in MMT's vs. KBS Tour 120 I play now if I could get same or better numbers/results. It is correct to assume shock dampening would improve if I made the switch? I've had Steelfibers in the past, but went back to steel on last few sets of irons. Thank you.

I asked Srixon/Cleveland if I could order the MMT’s in a set and this is the response I got from them.

Unfortunately this shafts only come in parallel tip .370. We use taper tip .355 shafts in all of our irons.

These shafts will not fit into our clubs.

Sim Max 9.75* GD IZ 6s
TS 17* 

SM8 52F-56D-60M
Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
Nike 006 Rory Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
TP5x Pix

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

First off I have to say I absolutely love these shafts in my hybrid.

I’d love to get the wedge shafts! Will any club manufactures have these as an option or would you have order the shafts from Authorize dealer?

Sim Max 9.75* GD IZ 6s
TS 17* 

SM8 52F-56D-60M
Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
Nike 006 Rory Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
TP5x Pix

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

What led to the decision to move away from braiding tow prepreg on the OT shafts back to laying up plys of prepreg and incorporating braided 304SS? Are different types of prepreg used (i.e. unidirectional and woven - satin, twill...) and how is material used to meet your design/performance requirements that were set, presumably to achieve what steel couldn't by manufacturing limitations?

When you are developing an iron shaft, what do you use as your primary performance metrics? Are you looking to design a shaft that launches x% lower or higher with y% change in spin and z% improvement in dispersion vs a comparable steel shaft? Or do you focus on more discretionary characteristics such as feel through the swing and at impact?

Said another way: at more than double the cost of many of the benchmark steel shafts, where are you specifically looking to add value for players at the lighter weight, lower flex end of the spectrum and higher weight stiffer end of the spectrum?

Titleist TS3 - Diamana ZF

Mizuno MP Titanium 15* & 18* - Diamana Kai’li

Mizuno MP68 (raw) 3-PW - KBS Tour

Vokey SM7 (raw) 55*M & 60*L - KBS Tour

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid Slant

Lamkin Crossline Cord Midsize | ProV1

It's my understanding the 125TX was designed to perform like an X-100. Having mostly used the X100 since it's inception I was excited to give these a go. When I built my set of irons using the 125TX there was a seamless transition from steel to composite and maybe this is the reason. I could not be more pleased. After initially building the S55's straight in I found them a touch too stiff. After a few rounds I decided to soft step them and they are exactly what I'm after. I did not lose anything switching from steel to composite other than achy elbows.

There are rumors of the 125 S becoming available sooner rather than later. I'd venture to say this is your largest request for folks wanting to give these a try. Can you advise what steel shaft these will perform like (S300, PX 6.0, KBS Tour S, etc) if possible?? Secondly, will there be an expansion of the wedge shafts as well??

Thanks in advance.

JBeam Bullet 10*                     Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Exotics CBX119 3WD              Accra Tour Z RPG 372 M5

Exotics CBX119 5WD              Accra Tour Z RPG 382 M5

Exotics CB2 7WD                    Accra TZ5-85 M5
TaylorMade V-Steel 9WD       Accra TZ5-85 M5
MIURA CB57 6-PW                  MCI MMT-125TX (SSx1)
MIURA Tour Milled 52 56 60   MCI MMT-125TX 

Bettinardi DASS MiNOVAi Tour Prototype 

How does the vibration dampening of the graphite change the feel vs Steel shafts?

M3 9.5* - ACCRA TZ5 265 M5      M5 Rocket 14* Matrix Black 8M3    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
TM 2014 TP 4-PW DG TI X100     RTX4  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     Evnroll ER5    Titleist  Players 4
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

been a Steelfiber user for the last 3 years due to tennis elbow issues. They have been my saving grace. If i were to switch from R i95 hard stepped twice to a MMT shafts, which one would be recommend and what would the intended results look like? Ball flight? And spin?

thanks

Driver: PXG 0811x 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution IV 
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged 4-PW, Recoils 95 F4*
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Mizuno K1-LO white/staff blue (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1, Snell MTB-X, Maxfli Tour

Having tried various popular lightweight graphite shafts from other manufacturers, the one aspect that I am missing from most of them is tip stability. All feel great but I need to also feel that the head isn't moving around through impact. How does adding steel to the tip improve stability where pure graphite couldn't?

Also, are there plans to bring out a lighter weight utility iron shaft? Would the regular iron shafts be comparable to a lighter utility shaft or is the profile that different?

Thanks!!!

M6 9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2 15°  Diamana S+ Ltd 70
790UDI  PX Catalyst 80 -or- 818H2 19°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T 4i / Z745 5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)