2019 Taylormade M2 - worth it without all the "technology"?

Guest mushy_eyes

Hey guys, first post here!

I recently got a new set of Taylormade M2 irons - wasn't able to get fitted due to COVID, but I figured anything would be better than the no-name clubs I had been using!

The big Canadian chain store I got them from had listed them as "TaylorMade 2017 M2 Rd Irons RD [4-P]", so it wasn't until I had already played a few rounds with the irons that I noticed that they're actually the 2019 version (ie no Face Slots or the Fluted Hosel).

I have heard that the Face Slots were horrible due to them caving in; however, I did like the idea of that feature/added forgivability.

Which leads me to think... Without those features, is the 2019 M2 version even worth it to buy? Isn't it theoretically like any other lower-end clubs without the tech?

Thanks in advance for your opinions/help! :)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to WRX. Go hit 'em and see how they perform for you. If they work, fine. If they don't, take 'em back and get something that will. Good luck.

Welcome to WRX.

Go hit 'em and see how they perform for you. If they work, fine. If they don't, take 'em back and get something that will.

Good luck.

• Like 1

JBeam Bullet 10* Ventus Black 6X
Exotics CBX 119 13.5* 3WD & 18* 5WD Accra TourZ 382 M5
Exotics CB2  21* 7WD Accra TZ5 85 M5  
PING S55 5-9 Mitsubishi MMT-125TX
Miura Tour Milled Wedge 48, 52, 56, 60 Fuji MCI 125 Solid

Bettinardi Innovai Tour DASS Flowneck Prototype

• 2 months later...