XXIO Black X Driver - Mark Crossfield is right

I saw Mark Crossfield hit this on his Youtube channel and wanted to try it out. I was in Roger Dunn and picked up the 9.5 Stiff to check it out. It was super light, super fast and sounded great. Only drawback is the price $695. Anybody hit this? I know it is light but really a fun stick to hit. Gonna keep my eyes out for a sales or demo club.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have this Driver and hybrids. I love them and I can hit them farther than any other driver that I’ve used. I have a ss of 104 and I don’t have a problem going left with it. I have always preferred l

Killing my X 10.5 in stiff.  The best combo of distance, forgiveness and consistency in a driver I have ever played. Just sold my TSi3 which is a great driver but The XXIO X is just too easy to bomb a

I tried out a XXIO Eleven 7 wood and crushed it. I spent a lot on the rest of my bag so I didn't buy it at that point but I'm looking into it to round out the top of my bag as things progress this yea

Any idea how super premium clubs do in terms of holding their value?

i know the smaller brands tend to tank in value (I love buying cheap cobra drivers!) and the big three tend to hold value marginally better... I assume xxio holds it value best just due to lack of supply and premium buyers not participating in the secondary market.

As of 6/5/20

9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110

13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha 

18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400

6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0

50, 54, 60 Vokeys

Tank Counter Balance #7 

• 2 months later...

I did demo the X.  Nice looking, sets up great behind the ball, moderate sound and pretty easy to hit.  The shaft took some time to get used to and I hit some good drives with it BUT I am probably about 5 years away from getting the most out of it as I still swing about 105 which is 5 MPH over their suggested swing speed range.   Definitely worth demoing but at $699 demo before you buy.

I wonder if Els's win last Sunday will boost sales? I believe XXIO is really meant for Asian market, but brought to USA in case any affluent senior golfers want to part with their money, great. TXG had a video on a XXIO 7w for a senior golfer.

Ping G400 Max 10.5°, Ping Alta CB R flex or Ping Distanza SR flex, std length
Ping G400 3W & 5W, 14.5° & 17.5°, Ping Alta CB, R flex std length

Cleveland Launcher HB 3 hybrid, 19°, Miyasaki C Kua, R flex, std length(currently in time out)
Cleveland Launcher HB 4 iron, std loft/lie, Dynamic Gold DST 98 steel R flex, std length

Cleveland Launcher UHX 5-D Wedge, std loft/lie, Dynamic Gold DST 98 steel R flex, std length
Cleveland CBX2, 54°/12 bounce, Dynamic Gold DST 98 steel, R flex, std length

Odyssey 2019 Seven Slant Stroke Lab with stock grip 35"

48 minutes ago, EBE-GOLFIN said:

i had the XXIO black for a short period of time.. Cant really say as to WHY but I found it to be a HOOK machine.. Sold it... 

i can think of some reasons. 

PING G410+ 9* TPO 60S

Adams XTD 17* Fubuki 

Callaway Apex 20* AD DI 85s

Callaway Apex 23* OBAN Kiyoshi Purple

5-6 Srixon Z585 Modus 120S

7-PW Srixon Z785 Modus 120S

50 Cleveland RTX 4

56 and 60, TM Hi Toe

EVNROLL ER3

5 hours ago, EBE-GOLFIN said:

Like its me and not the club... 😃🤔

no. like it way too light and you are throwing it out in front of you. more weight lets the club fall behind you more. 

PING G410+ 9* TPO 60S

Adams XTD 17* Fubuki 

Callaway Apex 20* AD DI 85s

Callaway Apex 23* OBAN Kiyoshi Purple

5-6 Srixon Z585 Modus 120S

7-PW Srixon Z785 Modus 120S

50 Cleveland RTX 4

56 and 60, TM Hi Toe

EVNROLL ER3

quite a few of the older gents at my club have XXIO stuff, and word has got round they make good stuff for older guys, one fellow gave my his 5H to hit once, shaft felt like a wet noodle but it went dead straight and long, i was impressed as i wanted to dislike the "weird clubs for grandads with a funny name no one knows how to say".

another joker spent $5K (its expensive stuff here) on a full set Driver,3W or 5W, Hybrid, irons the lot maybe even a XXIO bag, says hes playing the best golf hes ever played & money well spent.

Ping G ◘ Ping G 2H ◘ Ping G410 4H ◘ X-Forged UT ◘ Apex Pro '19 ◘ PM Grind 2.0 ◘ Newport 3

On 8/9/2020 at 11:44 AM, Myherobobhope said:

i know the smaller brands tend to tank in value (I love buying cheap cobra drivers!) and the big three tend to hold value marginally better... I assume xxio holds it value best just due to lack of supply and premium buyers not participating in the secondary market.

If you use the PGA value guide the answer would be no. As in most cases the PGA value guide is pretty much a ripoff. If you sell it yourself then you will find they do retain a good portion of their orginal cost compared to other brands,

• 3 weeks later...

I am in Palm Desert at my annual timeshare stay/golf extravaganza and brought an XXIO X 10.5 demo driver with me.  I will turn 64 and have lost a little swing speed but still manage to hit my 7 iron 165-170 while noticing a bit of distance loss with the driver. Coming from a PXG Proto X with Smoke 6.0 I was a bit skeptical but what the heck for a small fee being able to take the XXIO X for two weeks seemed like fun.  Well I just finished my round and am super impressed.  It's so easy to swing yet the shaft holds up to my aggressive downward move.  And the ball just goes.  It's long, it's high launch and it's consistent while being easier to hit than the PXG.  My only complaint is a bit of ballooning on a few thoughts when I went after it too aggressively.  I also think I would be better in an 9.5 and will be demoing that at a local store on a launch monitor while here.  Finally, the looks, sound and feel of the XXIO X are impressive!  Don't be afraid to give it a try.  I think you will be presently surprised.

On 8/9/2020 at 11:44 AM, Myherobobhope said:

I don’t think drivers in general hold their value.  Putters sometimes if you get lucky.  

Ping 9° G410+ tensi orange s
Ping 3 Wood G410+ tour 75 shaft s.  
Ping 5 wood G410 Alta s
Adams 9031 23° Mitsubishi diamana 
Ping G710 DG 105 R300
Ping glide stealth 54° es grind
Ping glide 2 58°. ES
Ping anser

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Malc said:

That's a statement. XXIO X taking down a TSi3.

It is and I was sober at the time I made it  And it's true for ME.  No doubt others won't have the same experience but in my hands (5 hcp) the XXIO X is the best driver I have hit and played in 2020.  And the list is quite long  - Sim, Sim Max, Mavrik (all 3 models), Cobra Speedzone (both models),  Titleist (Tsi2 and TSi3) and Ping G410 Max and LST.  If you asked me at the beginning of the year if I ever thought I would game an XXIO club I would have said never.  But I did demo using their demo program and after two weeks was sold.