TaylorMade MG2 TW Grind - 60 degree in-hand pics

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still don’t understand why they just didn’t give us tigers wedges instead of a stock mg2 with tigers grind. I think the raw face technology is hideous looking and don’t care how well it performs. It m

Still don’t understand why they just didn’t give us tigers wedges instead of a stock mg2 with tigers grind. I think the raw face technology is hideous looking and don’t care how well it performs. It might have swayed me if tiger used it but from what I gather, he doesn’t. Might have costed more to give us tigers exact finish along with his grind but people would have paid for it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 11:19 AM, FormerBigDaddy said:

Still don’t understand why they just didn’t give us tigers wedges instead of a stock mg2 with tigers grind. I think the raw face technology is hideous looking and don’t care how well it performs. It might have swayed me if tiger used it but from what I gather, he doesn’t. Might have costed more to give us tigers exact finish along with his grind but people would have paid for it.

I could be wrong, but as far as I know Tiger does use this exact finish. When he moved to the MG2, it’s a chrome wedge with raw face, just like retail and just like all the guys use in the MG2. It was only the MG1 where guys were using the full raw version. 

4 hours ago, tgoodspe1991 said:

I could be wrong, but as far as I know Tiger does use this exact finish. When he moved to the MG2, it’s a chrome wedge with raw face, just like retail and just like all the guys use in the MG2. It was only the MG1 where guys were using the full raw version. 

Someone here said he does not. Not sure what’s correct. You never really see groove/face pics of tigers wedges, but I’m sure someone knows if tiger uses this raw face technology. Would be nice if our resident Taylormade poster would chime in. 

From the WITB on the front page, it looks like Tiger uses chrome finish wedges. I remember him always using raw finish in the past. There are no photos of the face, maybe @pga43 can set the record straight for us

In the bag, at the moment:
Callaway Mavrik 10.5* Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60g Stiff
Ping G410 5 wood 17.5* UST Elements Chrome 7F4
Ping G410 22* hybrid Ping Tour 85 Stiff set at 21*
Callaway Apex UT 24* KBS Tour C-Taper Stiff
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 5-9 Project X 5.5 shafts
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled '09 Oil Can 48*, 52*, 56*, 62* Project X 5.5 shafts
Odyssey White Hot Pro #3 or Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport
Nike Sportlite II carry bag, olive/camo

31 minutes ago, bdawg983 said:

From the WITB on the front page, it looks like Tiger uses chrome finish wedges. I remember him always using raw finish in the past. There are no photos of the face, maybe @pga43 can set the record straight for us

Tiger has used raw wedges his entire career. His WITB show a chrome finish on wedges, leading me to believe he must be using the standard chrome finish/raw face MG2. If not, we'd see the whole wedge raw. Taylormade has never been shy about their Pro's using tour only stuff.