Mizuno JPX 921 Tour, Forged, JPX-921 Hot Metal & JPX921 Hot Metal Pro irons: In-hand photos

1 minute ago, halfsumo said:

I find that a lot of satin chrome irons can look really off in store lighting, especially if still in the plastic. The overhead lights do weird things to the lines for me.  I haven't seen the 921 forged in person yet, but usually try to get a look at a beaten up demo head at address vs. the shiny new and still in plastic ones on the rack, to get a gauge on what it's going to look like outside. 

I was thinking the plastic and lighting was playing tricks with me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Received mine today and were ordered extremely early on.

Need everyone’s help here... which grip do I go with? give me a like for GOLFPRIDE  OR thanks for LAMKIN  

Posted Images

1025e in the short irons is kind of what I would want, since we probably don't need hotter faces in the short irons. Kind of a combo set without combo-ing. I thought I liked the idea of combo-ing irons, but I had a split set of MP-20's of Blade, MMC and HMB and actually found I would rather have just gone with a full set in the MMC's. Just the different lines and transitions I didn't like for my set, personally. Current trajectory has me ordering 5-pw 921 Forged 1* weak. Just waiting to see them in person and side by side with some of the new Taylormades. 

Mavrik TripleD 9* Tensei Pro White 60tx
TS3 15*  Tensei Pro White 70tx
SIM 5 wood Tensei White 70x
PING G410 hybrid *22 Accra TZ5 95 M4
PING i210 5-PW MMT 105tx
PING Glide 3.0 50, 56ss
TW11 60
Newport 2 

5 minutes ago, halfsumo said:

1025e in the short irons is kind of what I would want, since we probably don't need hotter faces in the short irons. Kind of a combo set without combo-ing. I thought I liked the idea of combo-ing irons, but I had a split set of MP-20's of Blade, MMC and HMB and actually found I would rather have just gone with a full set in the MMC's. Just the different lines and transitions I didn't like for my set, personally. Current trajectory has me ordering 5-pw 921 Forged 1* weak. Just waiting to see them in person and side by side with some of the new Taylormades. 

Based on looks alone, I'm liking a 5-6 HMP and 7-GW Forged.  I don't hit my long irons particularly well, and the slightly beefier HMP 5 and 6 look like they would be easier to hit.

58 minutes ago, harpua728 said:

They're not really announcing it anywhere.  It seems like they are keeping it a secret for some reason.  I just saw the entire set and it's stamped on the hosel.

If you look at the pics of the 9 iron here you'll see the stamping.  https://www.thehackersparadise.com/mizuno-releasing-jpx-921-irons-full-preview/

Interesting.   Thanks for sharing, as to your point that is one well kept secret.  

2 hours ago, halfsumo said:

Pretty much what I ordered. I play the MP 18MMC now. 

Taylormade (17) M2, AD GP-6S
Taylormade SIM 3W AD DI-7S
Taylormade M5 Hybrid 17* Tensi 85
910 Hybrid 22* Whiteboard S
Mizuno MP18 MMC 5-GW Nippon Modus 120s
Volkey SM5 56 60
Scotty 34in Futura

2 hours ago, harpua728 said:

Based on looks alone, I'm liking a 5-6 HMP and 7-GW Forged.  I don't hit my long irons particularly well, and the slightly beefier HMP 5 and 6 look like they would be easier to hit.

I hit the HMP and really didn’t like them. 

Taylormade (17) M2, AD GP-6S
Taylormade SIM 3W AD DI-7S
Taylormade M5 Hybrid 17* Tensi 85
910 Hybrid 22* Whiteboard S
Mizuno MP18 MMC 5-GW Nippon Modus 120s
Volkey SM5 56 60
Scotty 34in Futura

Saw everything today.  Forged and Tour both look great. HMP went a little backwards in the looks dept IMO and the HM looked like what I expected.  I ordered 4-GW stock from a connection at the airport and they should be here Saturday or Monday.  ?

SIM | SIM Max | SIM Max Rescue | King Tour MIM | Zipcore Raw T | QB9

13 minutes ago, Masse1369 said:

Saw everything today.  Forged and Tour both look great. HMP went a little backwards in the looks dept IMO and the HM looked like what I expected.  I ordered 4-GW stock from a connection at the airport and they should be here Saturday or Monday.  ?

As a guy gaming the 919 HMP I’m curious as to your 921 HMP comment.  Can you be a bit more specific? I’m thinking of switching but haven’t had a chance to see them yet.

Edited by Mookie91

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

Had my fitting today. Thought I would be split between the HMP and forged but I ended up hitting the HMP much better. I think I’m going to do a 5 and 6 iron in the regular hot metal, then 7-PW in HMP, with the forged GW. Forged GW looks much better than the hm/HMP gap wedge. I may even consider doing the PW forged as well. I’m not sure if that’s going to far by having 3 different models....???

4 hours ago, Brock123 said:

Where are you seeing that?  I haven't seen or heard anything about the range being mixed.  

It’s out there in some of the better

more in-depth print reviews and YouTube videos and podcasts.  But you have to look. 

the story seems to be the Chromoly being easy to cast but difficult to forge with.  As it’s been solved how to do, they forged the chromoly for this iteration. 

the compelling thing about the 921f is seemingly a one piece forging that performs like a hollow body distance iron.  

Ping G410 LST 9* Ventus Black 6X

Cobra SZ Tour 14* Diamana DF 60X
SLDR 19* Speeder Tour Spec HB 8.8X
JPX-921F (4-P) Modus3 105X
Vokey 50F, 54S, 58D Modus3 120X
Cameron 009M 1.5
1 hour ago, Mookie91 said:

As a guy gaming the 919 HMP I’m curious as to your 921 HMP comment.  Can you be a bit more specific? I’m thinking of switching but haven’t had a chance to see them yet.

The long irons just look funky with the cavity/back at address. More offset too. 

• Thanks 1

SIM | SIM Max | SIM Max Rescue | King Tour MIM | Zipcore Raw T | QB9

FYI, I made a change to my order yesterday and my pro called our rep to do so. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to lose my place in line. Its looking like the beginning of October for me but the rep said something interesting as the pro had him on speaker phone. He said they are working as fast as they can at their facility. They have over 20,000 custom orders right now. Now this includes all clubs meaning drivers, hybrids, wedges MP20 and JPX but that is an amazing number when you think about the size of Mizuno.

Edited by awtryau89
33 minutes ago, reider69 said:

Makes you wonder if the shafts a person orders makes a difference in when they get their irons.  You ordered very early!

The black LZ is the stock selection on the HMP, would assume a hefty stock of them.

• Like 1

GBB Ventus Black 6
F9 Tour 3w-Ventus black 7
F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70
F9 21* hybrid - ATMOS black 

F9 24* hybrid Hzrdus smoke 
JPX921F 6-G LZ Blackout 
MD5 53/58
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 

Delays happened last year with the MP20 preorder/release and they only had something like 10,000 custom orders back-logged then. I would expect delays of up to a couple of weeks for some of you and just be pleasantly surprised if you get them a bit earlier. 

Mavrik TripleD 9* Tensei Pro White 60tx
TS3 15*  Tensei Pro White 70tx
SIM 5 wood Tensei White 70x
PING G410 hybrid *22 Accra TZ5 95 M4
PING i210 5-PW MMT 105tx
PING Glide 3.0 50, 56ss
TW11 60
Newport 2 

59 minutes ago, JerryTBall said:

The one or two that got theirs, stateside? Like I was saying I ordered mine from one of the biggest dealers of Mizuno I’ve been told, and mine still not gonna be here till October 1 and I ordered late August 

I would trust a brand ambassador/staff member timelines vs. any retailer 

3 hours ago, mktrout said:

anyone have pics of the long irons of the HMP at address? All ive been able to see if the fitting 7 iron and they looked good, but I dont like to se the back of the club in the long irons.

I don’t have photos, but I saw them yesterday in person and you start to see the back end of the HMP from address at the 6 iron.

To my eye, the size difference between the Forged and the HMP was pretty significant.  Of course I’m in search of something in between those two sizes.

PING G25

PING G25 4W

TaylorMade Burner 3H

PING i200 4 - U

Cleveland RTX 2.0 54°, 58°

Mizuno MCraft II

• easyyy unfeatured this topic