Jump to content

Mizuno JPX 921 Tour, Forged, JPX-921 Hot Metal & JPX921 Hot Metal Pro irons: In-hand photos


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Need everyone’s help here... which grip do I go with? give me a like for GOLFPRIDE  OR thanks for LAMKIN  

Received mine today and were ordered extremely early on.

2nd round in, first with decent weather, best 9/18 ever, 32-36 for 68, 14 greens.   They are spectacular!!!!!

Posted Images

 

mizuno-921.jpg

  • Like 1

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5, 72g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3+ Wood, 13.5*, Accra TZ6/M4, 80g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5, 80g X
CALLAWAY Super Hybrid, 18*, NS Pro Modus Hybrid GOST, 102g X
TAYLORMADE SIM DHY, #4 & 5, Diamana Thump HY, 105g X
TAYLORMADE P-7TW, 5 - PW, TW Lofts, DG AMT Tour White, x100

TAYLORMADE P-770, 4 - PW, LE 10th Black Nippon Modus 115g, X
VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 53/9F; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX
TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold

SCOTTY CAMERON Santa Fe T3 Custom Antique Copper

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe that I actually like the JPX release this year better than the MP release from last.If Mizuno wants us to combo the Forged and Tours (and clearly they do with the SEL release), why is the difference in lofts so massive? 3* in most irons is too much IMO because you really start altering the bounce and ultimately turf interaction. That's my only nitpick with the Forged and Tour but it's kind of a big deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely an apparent step back, cosmetically, for the 921 Tours. I wouldn't be moving on from my 919 Tours anyway, but the badging/cavity of the 921 Tours makes my decision even easier.

PING G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

PING G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D

Mizuno M Craft II

Bridgestone Tour B X

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mizuno really messed up here with the Forged lofts. Prior to release I was dead set on owning a set of 921F. I'm tired of having 5 degree gaps in the bottom 4-5 clubs of my bag. It's absurd. I could potentially go 921T with Forged long irons but the Forged are so strong I can't sensibly blend them. I'm extremely disappointed.

I can't believe I'm going to go from dead-set on Mizuno to thinking Taylor Made has hit a home run in the iron department. Blended 770s and 7MCs are looking mighty good.

 
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, tylernim said:

Mizuno really messed up here with the Forged lofts. Prior to release I was dead set on owning a set of 921F. I'm tired of having 5 degree gaps in the bottom 4-5 clubs of my bag. It's absurd. I could potentially go 921T with Forged long irons but the Forged are so strong I can't sensibly blend them. I'm extremely disappointed.

I can't believe I'm going to go from dead-set on Mizuno to thinking Taylor Made has hit a home run in the iron department. Blended 770s and 7MCs are looking mighty good.

 
 
 

If you're excited about "TM's home run release of 770/7MC" you'll love to learn of Mizuno HMB/MMC combo set possibilities...and it's been out well before TM went deep.

Ping G410 LST w/Fuji 6.3X TS
Ping FW 410 LST w/8.2X TS
Titleist 816 H2 Hb 19* w/Fuji 8.8X TS
4i-PW Ping iBlade w/steelfiber 110x
50SS w/steelfiber 110x & 54SS Stealth Glide 2.0 - 60 Glide Forged w/Paderson Wedge Stiff
Ping PLD3 w/counterbalanced PP60
Pro V1

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks are totally subjective but to me the JPX 921 line doesn't look as good as the 919 line did (at least the back of the clubs).  That said, I'm sure they'll perform just as well or better than the 919 line. 

Edited by PowerCobra98

Callaway GBB Epic SZ
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 5W

Callaway Apex 3H
Callaway X Forged UT 21*, 24*, 27*, 30*
Callaway Apex Forged 8-PW
Callaway MD5 48*, 54*, 60*

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ATXHorn said:

If you're excited about "TM's home run release of 770/7MC" you'll love to learn of Mizuno HMB/MMC combo set possibilities...and it's been out well before TM went deep.

You know I don't have a great reason for not looking at these other than I wasn't in a place where I was looking at new irons last year when they were released and now it's too late.  I'd been anticipating the JPX release for some time now.  

 

I've played MPs in the past.  MP33s for 6 years and MP15s for 2 years.  I have a hard time looking to the MP line for that much tech.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2020 at 6:13 PM, Cole_Williams11 said:

These look good, but I think I’ll hold out for the new Srixon ZX line.

I currently play the z585 i really love them. I used to swear by 785’s but once I played 585 it’s really hard to look at something else! I like to have a backup set, usually a different brand and the 921 hot metal with Nippon neo shaft looks pretty good, but the new z5 Srixon’s look really nice. Like to see what ping puts out too!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JerryTBall said:

I currently play the z585 i really love them. I used to swear by 785’s but once I played 585 it’s really hard to look at something else! I like to have a backup set, usually a different brand and the 921 hot metal with Nippon neo shaft looks pretty good, but the new z5 Srixon’s look really nice. Like to see what ping puts out too!

I’m also excited about the Neo shaft offering in the HM.  If it’s true that Srixon won’t be releasing the ZX5 until 2021 I may be getting a set of the Hot Metals....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus the zx5 at a UK price of $195.00 a iron, steel shaft, that’s steep! When I ordered my z585’s I had the custom shop called, had the shafts (Miyazaki C Kua) stiff 62s that come in the Cleveland HB launcher irons Installed in z585’s. I always play a 100-120gr stiff steel, so was surprised how much I love the lite weight Miyazaki’s. Srixon told me if I were to go with stock kuala 80’s I would need to really max out my swing consistently, so thus why interested in Nippons but going to try Regular flex hard stepped one time. But I do have a set up backup Miyazaki shafts to match my z585’s if don’t hold up.

Edited by JerryTBall
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ATXHorn said:

If you're excited about "TM's home run release of 770/7MC" you'll love to learn of Mizuno HMB/MMC combo set possibilities...and it's been out well before TM went deep.

I was thinking about the P700 line with a mixed set up.  I watched the TXG YouTube video of their review of the P 7MB, P 7MC, and the P 770.  What they found was there was not that much difference in forgiveness between the MB and MC.  I was contemplating earlier, of getting the MC or MB in 7-PW and 770 in the 5 and 6.  I still have a few more weeks to survive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JerryTBall said:

Plus the zx5 at a UK price of $195.00 a iron, steel shaft, that’s steep! When I ordered my z585’s I had the custom shop called, had the shafts (Miyazaki C Kua) stiff 62s that come in the Cleveland HB launcher irons Installed in z585’s. I always play a 100-120gr stiff steel, so was surprised how much I love the lite weight Miyazaki’s. Srixon told me if I were to go with stock kuala 80’s I would need to really max out my swing consistently, so thus why interested in Nippons but going to try Regular flex hard stepped one time. But I do have a set up backup Miyazaki shafts to match my z585’s if don’t hold up.

I’m out at $195 per iron.  Makes the Mizuno decision very very easy....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • easyyy featured this topic
On 8/17/2020 at 6:04 PM, tylernim said:

Mizuno really messed up here with the Forged lofts. Prior to release I was dead set on owning a set of 921F. I'm tired of having 5 degree gaps in the bottom 4-5 clubs of my bag. It's absurd. I could potentially go 921T with Forged long irons but the Forged are so strong I can't sensibly blend them. I'm extremely disappointed.

I can't believe I'm going to go from dead-set on Mizuno to thinking Taylor Made has hit a home run in the iron department. Blended 770s and 7MCs are looking mighty good.

 
 
 

 

Have you ever thought of...I don't know...ordering them, or having them bent, so they don't have 5 degree gaps at the bottom of the bag?  This is the same gapping structure as the 850F, 900F, and 919F, so it isn't like this is something new.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, forrester_fire said:

 

Have you ever thought of...I don't know...ordering them, or having them bent, so they don't have 5 degree gaps at the bottom of the bag?  This is the same gapping structure as the 850F, 900F, and 919F, so it isn't like this is something new.

 

Not true.  The lofts on the 921F are stronger than the previous generation.

Edited by tylernim
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MMB1500 said:

The more I look at the forged, the more I like them. Hopefully they look even better in person. 

I agree, really looking forward to hitting them and finally deciding between them and the TM p770’s. I really wish Ping would let us know what they are releasing next year, if they said an iblade replacement was for sure coming out I think I would try and wait 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...