Mizuno JPX 921 Tour, Forged, JPX-921 Hot Metal & JPX921 Hot Metal Pro irons: In-hand photos

17 minutes ago, ASN21 said:

Saw these at my local shop today and the Tours by far look the best. The other models were a step back from previous generation IMO. I will say the forged look pretty huge at address. Nice and inviting face area but thick topline. 

I thought the tours looked chunky too, especially when compared to the 919T. They look a little thicker than the 770s with a shorter blade length. I didn't compare side by side tho.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Received mine today and were ordered extremely early on.

Need everyone’s help here... which grip do I go with? give me a like for GOLFPRIDE  OR thanks for LAMKIN  

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, gambit said:

I thought the tours looked chunky too, especially when compared to the 919T. They look a little thicker than the 770s with a shorter blade length. I didn't compare side by side tho.

Lol.  I saw the exact opposite with the 919 Forged looking chunky and offset.  

Cobra SpeedZone Pars & Stripes 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue S 45.5”

PONDERING: Ventus Red 60x, Aldila RIP 60x

Tour Edge EXS 220 13.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.5
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 18 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 

ORDERED: New Level NLU-01 21 Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat

PONDERING: Fourteen DJ4 54

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Mizuno K1 Lo 2021 Blue/Red
1 hour ago, gambit said:

I was comparing to the 919 tours...they looked smaller than the 921 tours.

I thought my buddies 919F looked awfully long heel to toe. And a lot of offset. The 921F (to me) look just as long if they aren't side by side (bc clearly they are shorter side by side) but the lack of offset is real nice on the 921.  My only issue is the heel to toe length.  

Edited by Minarets

Driver: PXG 0811x 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution IV 
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged 4-PW, Recoils 95 F4*
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Mizuno K1-LO white/staff blue (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1, Snell MTB-X, Maxfli Tour

I ordered HMPs on Sept. 9 and no shipping date as of 2 days ago.  Production hadn’t even started on my order.  I don’t expect to get them until third week of October.  No point in doing the chat for status at this moment.  

Current Gamers
MAVRIK 10.5*, FUJI PRO 53 STIFF
TEE XCG5 +3, 5, 7 Fwys 

MIZUNO JPX 921 HOT METAL PRO 6-GW
CALLAWAY MD 4 - 56*, 60*
TOULON AUSTIN STROKE LAB 33”
2020 TOUR B-RX (Fall/Winter)
2019 PROV1X (Summer)
32 minutes ago, gridironesq said:

I ordered HMPs on Sept. 9 and no shipping date as of 2 days ago.  Production hadn’t even started on my order.  I don’t expect to get them until third week of October.  No point in doing the chat for status at this moment.  

Ordered mine on 9/18 and Mizuno USA quoted me 4-6 weeks. Bummer because the season is short here in the Midwest so might not be able to play them until next spring. 

3 hours ago, Minarets said:

I thought my buddies 919F looked awfully long heel to toe. And a lot of offset. The 921F (to me) look just as long if they aren't side by side (bc clearly they are shorter side by side) but the lack of offset is real nice on the 921.  My only issue is the heel to toe length.  

It's much shorter now and less offset. 919 Forged(right) vs 921 Forged (left)

IMG_7160.jpeg

• Like 2

COBRA F9 9 Deg - HZRDUS Yellow Smoke 65 

CALLAWAY Mavrik 15 - Aldila 130 MSI Tour White 70
CALLAWAY Mavrik Pro 20 - KBS Tour Hybrid 80 

BRIDGESTONE Tour B X-Hi 22 - KBS Tour Hybrid Proto / BRIDGESTONE J15cb 5-PW - Dynamic Gold 105 

VOKEY SM7 Raw Black 50/54/58 - Hi Rev 2.0 / ODYSSEY Trihot #1

Just had my fitting today! Never hit in front of a monitor before and was surprised at my specs... didn't know I was supposed to be x flex, been playing stiff all these years!

Got fit into the KBS $ Taper, 0.25" shorter, and bent 2 degrees weak. Sucks to hear from you guys that its gonna be such a long wait... ?

Edited by zetazeta
57 minutes ago, zetazeta said:

Just had my fitting today! Never hit in front of a monitor before and was surprised at my specs... didn't know I was supposed to be x flex, been playing stiff all these years!

Got fit into the KBS $ Taper, 0.25" shorter, and bent 2 degrees weak. Sucks to hear from you guys that its gonna be such a long wait... ?

Sounds nice! Gotta get fit myself once my swing is back to where it was prior to injury. Were you able to hit the 921F with the weaker lofts?

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 @ 8.75

Taylormade RocketBallz Tour 3 Hybrid 18.5 or MP Titanium 4W 16.5

Nike Victory Red Hybrid 3 21.0

Mizuno MP 52 4-PW

Mizuno MP T-11 52/07

Wilson Staff PMP Wedge 56/14

Mizuno MP T-11 60/05

Mizuno/Bettinardi  BC1

17 hours ago, ASN21 said:

Saw these at my local shop today and the Tours by far look the best. The other models were a step back from previous generation IMO. I will say the forged look pretty huge at address. Nice and inviting face area but thick topline. 

100% agree.  I thought the exact same seeing them in person, that almost the entire line looks bigger than its predecessors and personally think that the 919s and 900s look better than the new 921 bros.  Nothing negative or wrong, just initial spitballing being able to see them in person.  

Edited by bubbagump

G400 LST    TS Speeder 7.2

SLDR MINI  TS Speeder 7.2

MP-18 Fli Hi

JPX 900 Forged

RTX-3 CB

Toulon Atlanta

I’m so on the fence between the Forged & HMP.  If they kept the 921 HMP offset the same as the 919 it would be a no brainer but they had to increase it.  The Forged spec out perfect but I’m not sure about blade length.  UGH

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

15 minutes ago, Mookie91 said:

I’m so on the fence between the Forged & HMP.  If they kept the 921 HMP offset the same as the 919 it would be a no brainer but they had to increase it.  The Forged spec out perfect but I’m not sure about blade length.  UGH

Same. Makes we wish I could find a new 919 Forged with my shaft of choice(local shop has a set with S300 105's for $999 4-GW). Tempting...but I would have to reshaft.

• Like 1

Yankees Suck

ordered my HM's 8/29.....,,  Thanks to this forum, I did a live chat on the Mizuno website,  talked with Chris,  super, super nice.   He looked up my order on their database,  informed me mine shipped out Wednesday afternoon....should have mine today or Monday..... you might try the chat function on the Mizuno website...

FWIW, 921F is definitely more compact and tidy than the 919F predecessor.  Its very noticeable to my eye addressing the ball. Not sure about the other sub models but for sure if you went Forged and didn't like the 919 Forged longer length and over sized appearance...these will be perfect for you. 

TAYLORMADE SIM MAX D/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661S/ GP TW WHT

MIZUNO CLK 16*/Nippon Modus Tour 130S/ GP TW WHT

MIZUNO JPX921 FliHi 20*/ PXLZ Blackout 5.5/ GP TW BLK

MIZUNO JPX921 Forged 4-PW/ PXLZ Blackout 5.5/ PURE Wrap WHT

MIZUNO T20 Blue Ion 47/07/ PXLZ Blackout 5.5/ PURE Wrap WHT

MIZUNO T20 Satin 50/07/ PXLZ Blackout 5.5/ PURE Wrap WHT 

MIZUNO T20 Raw 56/06/ PXLZ Blackout 5.5/ PURE Wrap WHT

MACHINE 1018 M2A RAW CS/ PL shaft/ SS Flatso CC 2.0 BLK

MIZUNO TOUR STAND BAG 14 way BLK/GRY 

10 hours ago, Bunkersarebigcups said:

Sounds nice! Gotta get fit myself once my swing is back to where it was prior to injury. Were you able to hit the 921F with the weaker lofts?

Nope, unfortunately not! Hopefully it'll be fine though haha

8 hours ago, thesamwise said:

Adding on: why did the fitter bend them weak? Was it about getting distances you wanted? Launch? Spin?

Yeah had em bent weak due to distance/launch/spin. I was hitting the 7i for about 190-200 which was way too far. 2 degrees weak makes them 1 degree stronger than my current set which should be a good number for me. We had slightly better results with the MMC on good shots but I found the 921F's a bit more forgiving and wanted to go down that route instead. 

20 hours ago, ASN21 said:

RE: Forged - Agreed! It was chunkier than I expected at address but that was what I was looking for so I was quite happy with it. 

Edited by zetazeta
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, zetazeta said:

Nope, unfortunately not! Hopefully it'll be fine though haha

Yeah had em bent weak due to distance/launch/spin. I was hitting the 7i for about 190-200 which was way too far. 2 degrees weak makes them 1 degree stronger than my current set which should be a good number for me. We had slightly better results with the MMC on good shots but I found the 921F's a bit more forgiving and wanted to go down that route instead. 

RE: Forged - Agreed! It was chunkier than I expected at address but that was what I was looking for so I was quite happy with it. 

At address they definitely look like they are going to go a mile long. Enjoy the sticks!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TK60 said:

ordered my HM's 8/29.....,,  Thanks to this forum, I did a live chat on the Mizuno website,  talked with Chris,  super, super nice.   He looked up my order on their database,  informed me mine shipped out Wednesday afternoon....should have mine today or Monday..... you might try the chat function on the Mizuno website...

Can someone post a link to (USA) Mizuno chat? I can't seem to find it.

https://www2.mizunousa.com/help

In the bottom right of the screen, is the "Live Chat"

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max 8º (8.75º) w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 65s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM Tour TI (v2) 3w @ 16.4º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Hybrid: Titleist TS3 @ 19º w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Smoke Black 90s

Irons: Miura TC-201 (4-6); MB-101 (7-PW) w/ MMT 105TX (ss*1)

Wedges: Artisan Raw @ 51º, 56º, 61º

Putter: Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

4 hours ago, TK60 said:

He was a help to me also, just an FYI if they were ordered through a retailer mine we're ordered through TGW you've got to go through the company, they said they can't look it up without a PO which they wouldn't give. Originally I was told mine would ship on 9/25 ordered 8/31 HMP today when I checked they said now 10/5 not sure what's going on...LOL

• easyyy unfeatured this topic