Mizuno JPX 921 Tour, Forged, JPX-921 Hot Metal & JPX921 Hot Metal Pro irons: In-hand photos

easyyy

6 hours ago, harpua728 said:

I placed an order on 9/18 and was told that they should be shipped this thurs or Fri.  Friday will be exactly 3 weeks from my order date.

Anyone know how long it takes to ship to the NY area?  I was told 2-3 days, but not sure if that includes weekends.  I've got a tournament next week and I'm trying to figure out if I'll have time to take the new sticks for a test ride first.

I’m in MD and we are usually one day shipping from Braselton.  So i’m guessing you would be 2 depending on your exact Location.  

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

2 hours ago, harpua728 said:

I got a blended HM/HMP set but opted for the forged GW instead of the HM/HMP GAP wedge. They both look similar at address but I didn’t like the large sole of the HM wedge. 

I have HMPs 6-pw and forged gap wedge.  Since I’m only hitting full shots with it a set gap made more sense to me.  BTW ordered mine on 9/9 received on 10/2.  

Current Gamers
TBD 10.5*, Tour AD IZ 5R
ROGUE MAX 3HL, Heavenwood

PING G410  22*, 26* Hybrids 

PXG Gen5 0311P 7-GW, steelfiber 70
CALLAWAY  MD5 - 56*, 60*
Tour Issue Evnroll ER8 Black, 355 g
2021 Maxfli Tour
2021 PROV1

Has anyone compared hitting the JPX 919 vs 921 Gap Wedge? I ordered 921 HMP 4-PW, and had planned to keep my current 919 GW (50*), but now I’m debating if I should have ordered the 921 GW or keep my current GW and get it bent to 49*. Are they really that much different? My SW is 56*, my LW is 60* so I’m concerned about gapping issues. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Jeffcs said:

Has anyone compared hitting the JPX 919 vs 921 Gap Wedge? I ordered 921 HMP 4-PW, and had planned to keep my current 919 GW (50*), but now I’m debating if I should have ordered the 921 GW or keep my current GW and get it bent to 49*. Are they really that much different? My SW is 56*, my LW is 60* so I’m concerned about gapping issues. Thoughts?

I am wondering the same thing. I only ordered the 921 forged 7 iron through PW standard length. I plan on blending my 919 HM 5,6, and Gap wedge. I am hoping my gapping works out due to the 919 HM‘s being a 1/2 less than standard length.

• Like 1

Wanted to give some feedback, since I've been seeing posts on HMP vs P790.

Have 4 rounds into my new HMP's buddy that I play with has played P790's for last two years.

After hitting a bunch a different shots on the course with my HMP's he's ordering a set!!

His words, better feel, distance is off the charts and feel comfortable to hit. I know everyone has their own thoughts and opinions on differences, but I thought this might!!!

2 hours ago, therealjonzone said:

....eta one day....can’t wait to see and hit them with less than 2 weeks left in the season here in Alberta.

921 Tour

4-P

CT 130x SS 1x

1/4” under

D4 SW

Will report once I check the specs at the shop.

Mine arrived in Sweet Grass, MT yesterday.  Waiting on MontanaMailbox to email the Ticket# so I can have DYKPost retrieve them.

921 Forged 4 (-1º), 5 (-2º)

921 Tour 6-P

ProjectX LZ 6.0

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

They got it right with the 921F this go round, just seems a perfect iron for me.

i ran out in the drizzle and low 50’s when I got them and shot 77 with 4, 3 putts, 54 more holes and 68-73-73. Great feel, great distance control, perfect spin and launch with LZ 5.5, look fantastic.

Well done Mizuno, now just need the GW to show up.....

• Like 2

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

25 minutes ago, Warrick said:

They got it right with the 921F this go round, just seems a perfect iron for me.

i ran out in the drizzle and low 50’s when I got them and shot 77 with 4, 3 putts, 54 more holes and 68-73-73. Great feel, great distance control, perfect spin and launch with LZ 5.5, look fantastic.

Well done Mizuno, now just need the GW to show up.....

I received my forged today and immediately went to the range. They look and feel great! I opted for the KBS $ Tour 120’s. I have these shafts in my 919 Hot Metals. Only regret is that the winter is coming fast!

6 minutes ago, dont rory be happy said:

I can promise you that literally, nobody cares what you shot. The post would have been adequate stating: “Great feel, great distance control, perfect spin, & launch.”

I’ll repeat - nobody cares what you shot. 

I don’t care, that you don’t care what I shot. Thanks for your insight on posting. 

• Like 3

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

10 minutes ago, Obsessed said:

what a strange post from that (rory dude) guy, wtf...

Yeah......Anyways to back up Warrick They can be a game changer I’ve only hit my hot metal pros on the range big difference going from the range to the course, and I went from a 50 g graphite shaft iron to the 115 g PXLZ The first nine holes was definitely getting a feel for them +7 on the front and then -2 on the back, took me nine holes to figure them out..... actually it took me like 6 holes to figure them out , couple of doubles in the early holes.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Warrick said:

I wasn’t trying to be a bragger, am almost 50, play on a fairly short 9 hole club in my small town, not anything overly impressive, just sharing my experience so far.

i will just tell my wife what I shot from now on, she cares less than you do.....lol

As far as the Wife goes she seems interested LOL but maybe she isn’t I’m closer to 70 than I am 60 and when I can recover from a +7 round and shoot minus someone’s gonna know besides guys that played with me LOL. And just comparisons to courses this is a little North Carolina town course weekly membership is $90 a month and the tour players for this weeks champions tour had to qualify at this course one guy shot +42 for 18 holes Paul Stankowski shot -5 to qualify

Wanted to give you guys an update and a pic for reference. I got to play 9 holes with mine yesterday. I didn't shoot a great score like @Warrick 🙃 but did almost have my 2nd hole in one with the Forged 7 iron from 177. I digress... I took the irons to PGA SS afterwards to check lofts and lies on their new digital Mitchell. I had already checked all my lengths and swing weights. The lengths are spot on with maybe the 8 iron being 1/8" short but nothing that is out of the realm of variance. All swing weights are D3-D4. Again within the 1 SW variance I would allow for difference in grip/shaft weight. When my guy at PGA SS checked loft and lies, the lies were all spot on but they had not weakened the lofts like I asked. They were all standard. He weakened everything by 2* to the PW and weakened it to 46*. All Mizuno "Traditional" lofts. I wanted it this way to get a bit more bounce and also reduce offset. Below is a picture of my 4 iron. This shows the offset and to my eye there is a noticeable difference comparing to the standard set.

IMG_1559.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, awtryau89 said:

Wanted to give you guys an update and a pic for reference. I got to play 9 holes with mine yesterday. I didn't shoot a great score like @Warrick 🙃 but did almost have my 2nd hole in one with the Forged 7 iron from 177. I digress... I took the irons to PGA SS afterwards to check lofts and lies on their new digital Mitchell. I had already checked all my lengths and swing weights. The lengths are spot on with maybe the 8 iron being 1/8" short but nothing that is out of the realm of variance. All swing weights are D3-D4. Again within the 1 SW variance I would allow for difference in grip/shaft weight. When my guy at PGA SS checked loft and lies, the lies were all spot on but they had not weakened the lofts like I asked. They were all standard. He weakened everything by 2* to the PW and weakened it to 46*. All Mizuno "Traditional" lofts. I wanted it this way to get a bit more bounce and also reduce offset. Below is a picture of my 4 iron. This shows the offset and to my eye there is a noticeable difference comparing to the standard set.

IMG_1559.jpeg

so are you happy or not?

12 minutes ago, Warrick said:

I wasn’t trying to be a bragger, am almost 50, play on a fairly short 9 hole club in my small town, not anything overly impressive, just sharing my experience so far.

i will just tell my wife what I shot from now on, she cares less than you do.....lol

Hey Warrick can never please them all!! LOL Personally I think it can give a good understanding on how the clubs are working for anyone of us that has purchased the new sets, it would be interesting to know if you actually gained strokes from your previous set!! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JPlays said:

Hey Warrick can never please them all!! LOL Personally I think it can give a good understanding on how the clubs are working for anyone of us that has purchased the new sets, it would be interesting to know if you actually gained strokes from your previous set!! 

This is WRX, everyone cares what everyone shot, how pure the shots were with the power fades... everyone!

• Like 4

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

1 hour ago, JerryTBall said:

As far as the Wife goes she seems interested LOL but maybe she isn’t I’m closer to 70 than I am 60 and when I can recover from a +7 round and shoot minus someone’s gonna know besides guys that played with me LOL. And just comparisons to courses this is a little North Carolina town course weekly membership is $90 a month and the tour players for this weeks champions tour had to qualify at this course one guy shot +42 for 18 holes Paul Stankowski shot -5 to qualify

What course is it and what part of NC? I’m from Goldsboro NC my father was Air Force stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB but currently living in San Diego 21 years active duty Navy and counting.  

2 hours ago, rexwrx said:

Best irons I’ve ever had. At least until I hit them! HMP 4 iron shipping separately - thankful to get the 921 Forged 5-PW in a split shipment. 

B7C12611-75F0-4DC1-A2B0-4122C06E602F.jpeg

463514E8-AA40-4F74-999E-1DE4C5E57783.jpeg

9DA77597-0FF7-4E0B-9D40-2E6049DD0F4B.jpeg

Did Mizuno do those custom ferrules? Look real nice!

Cobra King F9 Speedback 10.5* Fujikura Pro 2.0 6s

Cobra King F9 Speedback 14.5* Fujikura Pro 2.0 7s

Cobra King F9 Speedback 17* Fujikura Pro 2.0 7s

Mizuno JPX 921 HMP 4-6 KBS $-Taper Lite PVD S

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 7-G KBS $-Taper Lite PVD S

Titleist Vokey SM8 55.08 D

Titleist Vokey SM8 60.06 K 

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34'

Taylormade Tour Response Striped

Mizuno Pro Cart Bag - Staff

2 hours ago, rexwrx said:

Best irons I’ve ever had. At least until I hit them! HMP 4 iron shipping separately - thankful to get the 921 Forged 5-PW in a split shipment. 

B7C12611-75F0-4DC1-A2B0-4122C06E602F.jpeg

463514E8-AA40-4F74-999E-1DE4C5E57783.jpeg

9DA77597-0FF7-4E0B-9D40-2E6049DD0F4B.jpeg

finally a pic with the custom ferules.  i like those.  

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS