Mizuno JPX 921 Tour, Forged, JPX-921 Hot Metal & JPX921 Hot Metal Pro irons: In-hand photos

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Need everyone’s help here... which grip do I go with? give me a like for GOLFPRIDE  OR thanks for LAMKIN  

Received mine today and were ordered extremely early on.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jkc350z said:

Can anyone recommend a reputable online mizuno dealer that I can order a set of 921’s?  

I’m needing a pretty standard HM offering with Dg 120’s, but I want the new custom ferrules.  Thanks!

Most folks here speak very highly of Discount Dan’s, but I don’t have any personal experience with them.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jkc350z said:

Can anyone recommend a reputable online mizuno dealer that I can order a set of 921’s?  

I’m needing a pretty standard HM offering with Dg 120’s, but I want the new custom ferrules.  Thanks!

https://www.golfusamanhattan.com/  

I have ordered a lot from them and have always had great customer service.

• Like 3

[size=3][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WITB:[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PING G400 LST 8.5 Kuro Kage 60g X-Flex[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Px LZ 6.5 2 iron[/font][/color][/size]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno MP18 MMC 3i-PW Modus3 120 X[/size][/font][/color]
[size=3][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno S18 Wedges: 49,53,59 Modus3 120 X[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom Black Lab Flow Neck Putter[/font][/color][/size]

20 hours ago, JerryTBall said:

25 days would satisfy me, I was told no matter what model or company is ordered, 6 weeks, I’ve heard been 700 sets ordered over last month or so!

Wow. Perhaps they told me 25 working days. I don't know. I heard 25 days so will verify it.

TaylorMade M6 Tour AD BB
Ping G400 2 Hybrid Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Irons
Titleist Vokey SM8s
Bettinardi Tour DASS
Pro V1X low number

3 hours ago, Cheesehead42 said:

https://www.golfusamanhattan.com/  

I have ordered a lot from them and have always had great customer service.

Cody and Drew at Golf USA of Manhattan are the best.  Anything custom you need they can take care of for you, just use his remarks field on the order and take it from there.  Good hands and great people there!

• Like 1

PXG Proto+ 10.5/ Mitsu Tensei AVRaw Blue 65S/ GP TW WHT

TM SIM2 MAX 10.5/ Mitsu Diamana TB 60S/ GP TW WHT INBOUND

PXG 0317X G2 17&22/ Mitsu MMT 80S/ GP TW WHT

MIZUNO JPX921 Forged 4-PW/ PXLZ Blackout 5.5/ PURE Wrap WHT

MIZUNO T20 Satin 50/07/ PXLZ Blackout 5.5/ PURE Wrap WHT 

MIZUNO T20 Raw 56/06/ PXLZ Blackout 5.5/ PURE Wrap WHT

MACHINE 1018 M2A RAW CS/ PL shaft/ SS Flatso CC 2.0 BLK

MIZUNO TOUR STAND BAG 14 way BLK/GRY 

11 hours ago, jkc350z said:

I've used Discountdansgolf.com for 10 yrs. You get receipt, tracking info. Give them an email with shaft and model - and they will quote a great price. Ask about the ferrules.

In their form, complete your specs and shaft, and pay.

• Like 1

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Observer of Peeps

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Red 17 ● TEE EXS 220 3, 5 wd/GD AD F 55 and 65, TEE EXS 220 4HY/GD AD HY 65 ● Mizuno MP-20 HMB 5-PW Accra ICWT95 ● Mizuno MP T20 50, 54, 58 Nippon Pro Modus 3 Wedge 115 ● Swag Savage Too

18 hours ago, Minarets said:

How come?

Distance loss really.  I got them 1* weak to match my old 919 HM's and they are about 1.5 club length shorter?  It was kind of chilly the other days, but still wouldn't think I'd be 2 clubs short into the greens over the HMs and I was flushing them.

Callaway Epic Flash 10.5*

Callaway Epic Flash 3W, 3/4 hybrids

Mizuno MP20 MMC, 4-PW

Mizuno T20 52*/58* wedges

Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E

Well, my time with the 921 forged was short. They are great, but I had a few annoyances.... 

1) you can see them back of the club on 4,5,6 at address.  

2) the didn't go through the turf as clean as I had hoped.  I usually play a titleist iron with the pre with sole... Most recently played the p760 with similar sole.  The fuller sole on the forged didn't seem to be as clean feeling through the turf. 

The forged is a great club.  Feels awesome and very forgiving.  They just didn't work quit as well for my swing as I'd hoped.  

Edited by bogeypro
Correction
  • Like 2

Titleist TSi3 driver Tour AD XC

Titleist TSi3 3 wood Tensei AV Raw White

Titleist TS2 5 wood HZRDUS smoke black

Titleist T-100s 4-gap

Vokey sm8 54/12d and 60/12d 

Scotty Cameron special select 1.5

33 minutes ago, caloge said:

Was just advised my set has been shipped by mizuno this morning. Presumably this means its leaving the factory/assembly plant somewhere in asia. Hopefully they arrive for Friday. would love to swing them saturday.

Asia? Thought fulfillment was done in the states? Are you outside the US?

33 minutes ago, caloge said:

Was just advised my set has been shipped by mizuno this morning. Presumably this means its leaving the factory/assembly plant somewhere in asia. Hopefully they arrive for Friday. would love to swing them saturday.

Asia? Where are you located? They are assembled and shipped from Georgia.  

When I ordered on 10/15, my fitter told me to call him early November. 11/1 is Sunday. Should I call 11/2 or should I just be annoying and call this week. 🙃

One thing that I do find rough about ordering through a custom fitter, is that they have to call to get all updates instead of being able to get updates directly ourselves through Mizuno.

42 minutes ago, mixedguy said:

Asia? Where are you located? They are assembled and shipped from Georgia.  

I am in Canada. The helpful gentleman at my local Golftown told me it shipped from Asia. This also seemed a bit strange to me. Probably still doesnt get here for Friday, but Georgia at least gives me a chance.

Edited by caloge
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, caloge said:

I am in Canada. The helpful gentleman at my local Golftown told me it shipped from Asia. This also seemed a bit strange to me. Probably still doesnt get here for Friday, but Georgia at least gives me a chance.

I'd bet $100 your stuff doesn't come from Asia. Unless Canada has better trade deals with Asian countries than the us for clubs...

5 hours ago, Ripken08 said:

Distance loss really.  I got them 1* weak to match my old 919 HM's and they are about 1.5 club length shorter?  It was kind of chilly the other days, but still wouldn't think I'd be 2 clubs short into the greens over the HMs and I was flushing them.

So you’re saying that the 921 HMP was shorter than the 919HMP, and therefore you are switching to the Forged? This doesn’t make sense, and the forged would be even shorter if that’s your concern. What am I missing here?

• Like 4

Just got mine today—921F 6-G.

Been playing the 900F for a while and love them and the distances I get from them. When I hit the 921s, they were about a club longer, so I had the 921s bent 2 weak to help with launch and spin. 

I got to hit a few in the shop today and the early results are promising—I’m getting higher launch and more spin but just about the same distances as the 900s, which is great for me . Oh and they look great. 

I haven’t hit them on grass yet, but I do wish they had the pre worn leading edge like the 900s. Here’s hoping they move through the turf well. 

D609E01D-1D8B-4E5F-8E3F-131953C8845A.jpeg

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, mretrade said:

Someone in Mizuno's facebook group said the Forged PW & GW felt clunky? Anyone have any opinions if the feel on the PW and GW is as good as the rest of the set? I obviously only demoed the 7 iron.

I am use to hitting a GW & PW with my set, as I have a 54 & 58 MD5. 

On day 12 from ordering 🙂

Thanks!

I have the 921F 4-PW then goto the T20 for G and S wedges, no 921F GW since I always go to the S/T line from Mizuno for wedges after PW.

Comparing this 921F PW to the 919FPW, 919TPW, and the TM P790 PW, its pretty perfect blend from 9iron to T20 50* GW IMO.  The P790 was a lot more "chunky", and the 919F PW was only long.  The 919T PW was just about perfect and I looking at both side by each, the 921F has a slightly thicker top lone (maybe 1-2mm), and a little bigger sole width with the length very similar (almost identical).  The 921F PW design does mask the rear relief of the sole width size with the coloring the back 1/3 with a chromosome finish that really tricks the eye well.  All in all couldn't be happier with looks but even more impressive are the results and feel.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thesamwise said:

Just got mine today—921F 6-G.

Been playing the 900F for a while and love them and the distances I get from them. When I hit the 921s, they were about a club longer, so I had the 921s bent 2 weak to help with launch and spin. 

I got to hit a few in the shop today and the early results are promising—I’m getting higher launch and more spin but just about the same distances as the 900s, which is great for me . Oh and they look great. 

I haven’t hit them on grass yet, but I do wish they had the pre worn leading edge like the 900s. Here’s hoping they move through the turf well. 

D609E01D-1D8B-4E5F-8E3F-131953C8845A.jpeg

Ferule is really stunning on this head!  Great choice. 

• Like 2

On another note, just received notification that my JPX 921 FliHi 4hybrid is arriving today (5 weeks to the day). For $125 with custom shaft and grip choice, curious how it stacks up against the current gamer CLK 3 hybrid turned up one degree to play at 20*.  That G2 CLK club was carefully fit and built to replace the 2011 JPX FliHi with Modus 130S that lived in my bag since 2012 and gap between my CLK 16*.  We will see....

2020 CLK HM port.jpeg

14grams HMelt.jpg

Bag 10-26-2020.jpg

1 hour ago, mretrade said:

Someone in Mizuno's facebook group said the Forged PW & GW felt clunky? Anyone have any opinions if the feel on the PW and GW is as good as the rest of the set? I obviously only demoed the 7 iron.

My set makeup is 5-6 HM, 7-PW HMP, and GW Forged.  FWIW, I would say that the Forged GW blends seamlessly with the HMP set.  I don't notice a difference in feel, which is what drew me to the HMP (they felts the same as the forged, to me).  The transition between the HM 6 iron and HMP 7 iron is very noticeable at address. 

• Like 2