Brooks can dish it...

TW is getting work done on his back. Fixed it for you.

Yes , Chad or Bruce got too big for his britches this week, but Sorry for being awesome, you gotta have some tude if you want to carry the trophy home on sunday.

Remember the Thomas yell and Morikowa dumped it on top of him. Awesome stuff.

We need a GIF or Morikowa dropping the top of the trophy, it was hilarious....

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, he should take a break from tweeters.   I can see how he was thinking the way he did, that there’s only a few elite players, that he was the best. Pump up his ego. And it worked.   But imagine

Brooks, there is a nice guy, thinks because he’s got a couple of PGAs it make him a great, what a complete ass hole, only person that likes Brooks is his caddy and Claude, oh and less we forget Brooks

Great golf and competition builds rivalries... not this millennial click bait stuff. And for a guy not making excuses, he was quick to have a physical therapist following him to stretch him on the gro

Morikawa is 23 and doing stuff at this age that Tiger/Nicklaus were doing at a similar age. Koepka was a late bloomer and has been amazing in his late 20's. He's now past age 30. It will be interesting to see what happens with Morikawa. I think he will be a problem for Koepka and everyone else in golf over the next 15-20 years. His accuracy with the ballstriking is no joke. And he's already showing serious clutch factor at a young age.

Bruce looks like a turd now. Say nothing in pressers and go out and play. Bruce isn’t Michael Jordan, come on Bruce

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Kind of douchey for BK to say DJ has “only won one major”.... even Rory was taking post round about having some respect for the field...

Callaway Epic Max 9*, Hzrdus Smoke iM10 60
Callaway Mavrik 15*, Aldila Rogue White 70
Ping G425 hybrid, 19*, Tensei Pro 80 Orange
Callaway Apex 19 Pro 4-AW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM8 54/58 D-grind
PXG Closer 2 putter
Titleist ProV1

Seems like I read in an article earlier on TGC that Brooks intimated in a recent interview that he and DJ weren’t even that good of friends, that people just thought they were because they worked out at the same gym in Florida.

Callaway Epic Max 9*, Hzrdus Smoke iM10 60
Callaway Mavrik 15*, Aldila Rogue White 70
Ping G425 hybrid, 19*, Tensei Pro 80 Orange
Callaway Apex 19 Pro 4-AW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM8 54/58 D-grind
PXG Closer 2 putter
Titleist ProV1

Koepka has had an amazing 3 years. Also quite impressive that he could find his game and have a chance this week (not withstanding today's flop). He definitely has the mindset for the majors.

However, I think his talk is likely going to exceed his future performance if he is not healthy. Seems like he is not able to practice as much as he would like to, and to think you will just show up and win many times over the next few years is a bit arrogant (in my opinion).

Fact is in the last 5 majors he has one win, two second, and a flop today (in some ways, he also blew a good chance at the Masters last year, although this is largely overlooked because Tiger won). In the history books, his one win is all that anyone will remember (heck, his 2019 Major season wasn't even as good as Rory's 2014 or Spieth's 2015). I.e. there's four other guys that have been just as successful as he has.

I don't particular like or dislike Koepka but have been hoping someone will make a serious run up the historical ranks in majors. Koepka has as good of a chance as anyone right now but he should be careful. The game has left many before (injury, lost the swing, mental, etc) and it could happen to him too.

Yes, he should take a break from tweeters.

I can see how he was thinking the way he did, that there’s only a few elite players, that he was the best. Pump up his ego. And it worked.

But imagine if TW let his wins go to his head and thought, “Well, I’m going to kick the crap out of everybody again this week, nobody can touch me”

In fact, I saw TW say, recently, I think, that there was this one stretch in 2000 that lasted a month or two, that he was playing so good that he knew if he his heart just kept beating, he would win. But otherwise, we all saw the crazy work he put in.

This is a good lesson for BK. There’s not just a handful of guys who can beat him. *Any of these guys can beat him on any day. Gotta get hungry again.

When competition is vicious, only the paranoid survive,

261a2bb0-7a4f-49fa-8428-003e19ee1b4b.jpeg

• Like 2

Interesting to read some of the comments/coverage over the last few days of Koepka. I said last year (and got heavily criticised for it) that he was walking a fine line because yes, he caught lightning in a bottle with his Major wins but he has been exceptionally arrogant and his form in regular events is pretty patchy.

He didn't exactly tear it up on the European Tour and by and large he hasn't done so in regular PGA Tour events either so his constant snide remarks at his fellow professionals is going to catch up to him at some point.

The smirk on his face when he's making such remarks just puts him across as very unpleasant and he very much believes the hype the media shower on him.

The hype is strange because even with the Majors his overall SG stats aren't particularly strong over the last four years so he should perhaps focus on his game and being a bit more humble and respectful to his peers.

Rory, Bryson, Reed all learned to wind their outspoken remarks in a bit so he could take a lead from them.

• Like 1

?? ... morikawa isn't doing 'stuff' that tiger and nicklaus did ... if you mean he won a major at an early age, then yes ... nicklaus backed up his initial major win with two more the following year ... tiger was in the middle of a transformation before going on what is possibly the greatest streak of golf ever ... takes a bit more than one win to equal the goats ... bob tway won a major at an early age ... anybody comparing him to the goats? ...

Tiger's 29th start was the 1997 Masters. Morikawa's 29th start was this week. That includes PGA Tour starts during their amateur careers. Nicklaus won the PGA Championship at age 23 and so did Tiger. Morikawa just did it at the same age. Who knows where it's heading, but I think the kid's ballstriking and course management is built to compete in the majors for a long time.

Envy is a terrible thing. It distorts perception and judgment.

What’s really funny is the idea some people have that pro golfers should for some reason be nice to each other and not mind game each other...while they feel free to call others a...holes, etc. on the internet.

Playing a bad round of golf, by the way, is not choking. Even if it were, most people here would be bigger chokers than, say, Dustin Johnson, who had the lead and lost it.

I hate to say it. But. I called Bruce’s depth of character early on. His comment to his supposed “ best bud “ DJ yesterday was pure classless insecurity.and this is a pattern. Started when they stopped working out together. Then the “ fight” at the Ryder cup .... now this. He’s that pal who buddies up to you at first then stabs you everytime you turn around out of jealousy. . It’s an insecure bullies tactic. His petticoat is showing. And he knows it.

soap opera stuff , I know. But it’s a real happening too.

• Like 1

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw  

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

BK is miles from MJ performances. Almost shot the worst score in the entire field on Sunday after saying no one on the leaderboard has the stuff to get it done. He dished it... he can and should take it.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

You think DJ is a choker for finishing T2 shooting -2?... 6 shots better than BK on Sunday... so what does that make BK?

If you're going to talk the talk, you got to walk the walk. Golfers have bad rounds, but when you put a giant bullseye on your back by talking smack, we all know they got it coming when he can't deliver.

He posts a number 10 shots higher than a 23 year old kid on Sunday lol. Sorry, but he looks like a clown to even the casual observer of sports for taking a dig at DJ and dissing the leaderboard.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

So the only guys going for a three peat in a major in the last 30 years are Faldo(Europe's modern goat), Strange (HOF), Tiger (2nd player best ever )twice at least and Brooks twice, Brooks came the closest. What Brooks has done since 2017 in the Majors is very much like MJ... I do think Brooks took some humble pie today and hopefully is nicer at the next few majors.

So you think it's like professional wrestling and they come up with all this to get the media going?

DJ was like... hey... How about I play the guy so dumb I forgot my yardage book, but still shoots a great score LOL

Then BK was like... dude, I got one better... I'm going to say you're a one win wonder and can take you down, then I'm going to spray it on Sunday.

Bryson finally gets out of the locker he was stuffed in and is like... can I hulk smash it tomorrow? And everyone says... BD, you already got all the attention last week with that living to 140 years old sh!t... give some of us a chance.

JT was like... how come you guys get to have all the fun? I won recently... hello! And DJ goes... just say fck on one of your putts or something.

That would be great... if only...

• Like 1

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

I think the DJ thing was probably unintentional or came out wrong. He had a big long pause halfway through the sentence. I think he realized how douchey the statement would sound and tried to correct course but couldn’t think of another way to finish the sentence he started so just went ahead and finished it.

The most arrogant comment I’ve heard him make is something to the effect of “I don’t play golf or practice, the only time i play gold is when you see me on TV.” Then ironically a few months go by and he gives an interview about putting in a bunch of range time to work out some ball striking issues.