Brooks can dish it...

Heels and babyfaces. It's worked to draw money in wrestling for decades and maybe this is what golf needs.

I think though Brooks when asked about the leaderboard Saturday, was trying to say that there weren't many major winners on it except for DJ, who has done it only once. Maybe he could have left that last part out but it was probably more misphrasing than real smack talk. But now with all this attention he might actively start smack talking more.

Love that Rory responded, he's always willing to speak up with something substantial

M1 8.5 Diamana D+ 70 X
M2 Tour Kuro Kage 70 X
Rescue 11 18 RIP 105 X
P790 4 X100 SS
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, he should take a break from tweeters.   I can see how he was thinking the way he did, that there’s only a few elite players, that he was the best. Pump up his ego. And it worked.   But imagine

Brooks, there is a nice guy, thinks because he’s got a couple of PGAs it make him a great, what a complete ass hole, only person that likes Brooks is his caddy and Claude, oh and less we forget Brooks

Great golf and competition builds rivalries... not this millennial click bait stuff. And for a guy not making excuses, he was quick to have a physical therapist following him to stretch him on the gro

Great golf and competition builds rivalries... not this millennial click bait stuff.

And for a guy not making excuses, he was quick to have a physical therapist following him to stretch him on the ground for the cameras. Tiger Woods played with a broken freaking leg and won a major.... and didn't shoot 10 shots worse than a rookie

• Like 2

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2019 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

It's not really an either or thing. They can both be ways to build rivalries. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Just look at the NBA if you want to see how good a bit of jawing can be for a sport. Since when did answering a question honestly become a millennial trait?

Getting some aid from a physio on the side does not equal making excuses. Are football players weak because they get treatment on the side or go into concussion protocol? What an absurd statement. If you want to compare him to arguably the greatest golfer ever and say he came up short.... news flash, everyone except Jack has.

Not to mention you completely glossed over the fact that he gave his playing partner props after the round and spoke about how he didn't show up. The fact is, people on this forum see a successful, young, rich, brazen athlete and want to hate because they are making a living out of what is only a pipe dream for the rest of us.

Speaking of "millennial click bait stuff", wasn't it YOU who started the thread ? LOL

And I'm sure Brooks told the cameraman "Hang out for a bit. I got somethin' a bit different for ya !!!" LOL

So he had a poor last round. Well, boo hoo. He qualified for the World Golf Hall of Fame when he was 28, before the end of his 6th full season on Tour !!! LMAO

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Adams A12 Idea Pro hybrid, 16*, Aldila 85 VS Proto Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

He was asked a question and spoke his mind instead of giving a stock answer.

Ain't that the truth. Speak your mind and get hammered.

Speak like this guy ya get hammered. What are ya gonna do ?

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

You forgot at least one, Padraig Harrington. Who is actually a very good comparison to Koepka at the moment. The Irishman won 3 majors in two years-including back to back Open Championships. In spite of Koepka’s arrogant belief winning 3-4 majors in a couple years does not necessarily make you an all time great. Without looking further you have Padraig andRalph Guldahl for examples of guys that were hot and faded away.

Koepka has a way of favoring whatever makes himself look great. At the moment the idea that majors are all that matters is his narrative. And his career thus far appears that way. Would he shut up about that if he won more often on tour in regular events? Probably.

WITB
Tools for the job!

I see Brooks as an insecure guy trying to get everyone to tell him how great he is. When a person comes into fame/money/power/success their real character tends to reveal itself. He was really quiet before he started winning and then after a few majors he thinks that everyone wants to hear his opinion and starts talking trash. It'd be different if he was always brash and cocky like John Daly or something. He thought he was playing mind games with the field and ended up scrambling up his own brains. Just like Spieth when he declared that all of the guys in the field were afraid of him at the Masters. How about learn from the master, Tiger Woods, and invoke fear through your play. Guys were fearfully respectful of Tiger in his prime but he never had to go out and tell people to be fearful. They just were. Reminds me of Lebron. He has to go and tell the world that he's the GOAT after winning a championship in Cleveland. MJ never made such declarations...he just let everyone else say it because we all know that MJ is the true GOAT. But I digress. Brooks is done. 4 time flash in the pan major winner that had a 2 year hot streak. 74 on the final round after disrespecting the leaderboard. How about shut your mouth and go back to being the most boring person on tour.

Your post that I replied to said that coming in to the week he was not on his A game. Not as this post saying he was not on his A game during the PGA because of putting. No one seemed to putt really well this week. The greens were below grade condition for a major.

Either way he mouthed off and it backfired to a 29th place finish. Smacks of karma.

WITB
Tools for the job!

SMH...below grade condition???

What? the prima donnas struggled with approach shots, over read the subtle breaks, and couldn't dial in speed on greens that look fast but putt a touch on the slow side, and that's a knock on condition? The course was superb from tee to green according to ...well...everyone, except whiners.

LOL. Tripped yerself up a bit with MJ, eh ?

I understand Brady is a bit of a talker too BTW. Not a big deal but,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anywho, I am with you. I don't even know what this tempest in a teapot is all about. I caught a few remarks by BK on a news blurb. I don't listen to any of these athletes talk. For the most part it's painful listening to most them.

The round/game ends and I change the channel. LOL

But as I posted before, they get trashed if the talk in platitudes and they get trashed if they're honest. I swear if I was lucky enough to be a high profile athlete I'd be THE most boring interview on the planet.. You'd get NO click bait from me. I'd answer "Yes", "No" and "Maybe". Oh, and maybe "Thanks".

And if I was lucky enough to be holding the trophy at the end I'd say "I had a great time here in [enter Golf course & city here]. Soon enough they'd stop asking for interviews. LOL

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300