Vintage Tiger vs. New Tiger

Not being able to practice and prepare because of back with fused vertebrae, might have something to do with it?  ? The fact that he can even play golf at all at a world class level is astounding.  His swing looks really good, I like the mechanics of it better than almost any swing he has tried, he just doesn’t have the physical tools to dial it in for 72 holes very often, or the pure speed he once had. 

I pick 14 of the following:
Ping G400
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
Ping G 400 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
Grips NDMC +4
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer
ProV1x-mostly
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Young, indestructible (for a time), enormously physically and mentally gifted, and hungry to prove himself. Now he is (relatively) old, (relatively) fragile, and has nothing left to prove to anyone, s

He's 44, a twitchy back, he is not immune to the natural losses that accrue with age, beyond the back issues, I doubt that he is as consumed by golf as he was at 24, and he is not the big gun he was i

If CW pursues competitive golf, it will be vastly different that TWs experience with Earl. Just different all around.   But, he may just catch a flame to his inner drive find a total passion

Posted Images

On 8/19/2020 at 7:30 PM, bscinstnct said:

If CW pursues competitive golf, it will be vastly different that TWs experience with Earl. Just different all around.

But, he may just catch a flame to his inner drive find a total passion the way TW did to relentlessly pursue his best.

I wonder if TW taught CW the game from “the green back” the way EW taught TW?

Elin clearly has some genes, she’s probably like 5’10  or something herself.

Lol, be crazy to see TWs kid out there on tour one day.

I’m looking forward to seeing TW and CW in the father and son tourney someday. 

Nothing beats vintage Tiger. Today without the gallery’s he just doesn’t have the fire you would like to see. I remember him at Olympic Club in The US Open and I felt similar. It was almost like he was being so careful, He is doing as much as he can and I love seeing him out there but he’s coming from a different place these days. Happy life.