2020 TaylorMade SIM UDI and SIM DHY in-hand Pics. Comparison pics added...

easyyy

Per 

6 minutes ago, JTK37 said:

For those who have already ordered where are you seeing the expected ship date in your order details?

I ordered a UDI last week and I just see the status as "In Queue".  When I went through the order the club showed as in stock(UDI #2 Thump X) the expected ship date was 9/4- but now it looks like everything is bumped out and there are no X-flex available. ?

Per TXG, orders for the 770 irons are not shipping until December so I am sure the UDI are seeing delays as well

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 2 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM7 52F - 58D

Mizuno M Craft II

Titleist ProV1

I'm in the UK and my UDI turned up this morning with the Thump 100 X. Looks very sleek and much better finish then the GAPR.

Hoping to try at the range today and then on the course tomorrow. Currently have a Callaway X forged UT 18 deg that I'm looking to replace as it sounds very hollow and tinny. 

PXG 0211 9 deg- Tensei Pro White 60 TX
Callaway Epic Flash 15 deg - Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
Titleist U500 - Tensei Pro 100X

Callaway Apex Pro 19 (4-PW) - Project x 6.5
Vokey SM7 50, 54, 58 DGS300
2-ball triple track

Seems the UK stock all arrived in today. I ordered mine on 14/08 so hoping to hear something from my retailer (UDI 3 Thump 100X)

Taylor Made Sim 9.5 Degree w/ Ventus Black 6X

Taylor Made Sim Ti 3 Wood w/ Diamana Fairway Ltd 75X

Taylor Made UDI #3 w/ Diamana Thump 100X

Titleist T100S 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0

Titleist SM8 50/54/58 x/ Project X 6.0

Evnroll ER2.B

Got my SIM UDI delivered today. Looks great but sucks to be me right now. I cannot hit it in anger for another two weeks. Stinkin COVID has everything shut here in Melbourne. One thing i did notice it is a touch bigger head than the Callaway X forged utility iron.  I would suggest just based on looks, it will play similar to the X forged utility. The UDI looks like it does have some help but not much compared to say the Srixon utility iron. 

Had my first hit with my 2 UDI & Thump 100 X. 

This slot has previously been filled with either a Callaway X Forged UT, 18 deg with PX steel 6.5 or my trusty Adams Idea Pro Black. 

First off, the sound and feel is excellent. Compared to the Callaway UT it is much more solid and muted, actually similar to the Adams pro black. Heel to toe it is longer than the Callaway  UT and I would say the forgiveness is also better than the UT. Shots hit slightly skinny still felt good and got up with little distance loss. 

For me, it was very easy to elevate, launched up quickly but then flattened out producing a trajectory I really like. Likewise, when trying to hit low it was easy to keep down and hit a controlled punch. 

The thump shaft also feels very stable and having just over 100g in a utility is a big plus for me. I have tried other utility irons in the past, but 70-80g stock shafts are hard to control. 

Weather permitting I’m going to try on the course later today and compare yardage to my other clubs. Will also shoot some comparison pics against my Callaway. 

• Like 1

2-ball triple track

I have hit this and at the moment.. I am not sure I am a fan..  I admit to not swinging super great but I felt it was harsh and not pleasant to hit... Maybe another day will be better. 

But for now, I am in the pass camp on this one. It did not beat out my cobra king utlity.. I also have a gapr low that I like better as well. 

Edited by QuigleyDU

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

55 minutes ago, ajestrada3 said:

Do yall plan on using this strictly off the tee or from the fairway as well?

I ordered the DHY with the optimistic intent to do both. I could not agree with my TS3 hybrid, just didn't do it for me. Even the old Rescue TP I played for so long gave me qualms off the tee, so I'm hoping this little guy is a better fit and does everything well..

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9 deg  / Fujikura Ventus Black Velocore 6x

Callaway Rogue ST LS 3 wood (15 deg) / Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Blue 7x

PING G425 Hybrid 19.5 deg / Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 8s (tipped 1/2)

Mizuno JPX 900 Tours 4-PW / KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff

Titleist SM5 50,54,60 / KBS 610 Stiff

Taylor Made Spider X Chalk  

IG: @martinmejia14 

1 hour ago, 4rheel said:

Yeah, my UDI looks super sexy but not so impressed. I ordered the DHY with the same Thump shaft and hope it will be better.

IMG_8885.JPG

What are your thoughts Sam? What is it lacking? To me it was mainly lack of feel. Super clack’y.

Edited by QuigleyDU

BALL; Chrome Soft X

On 9/2/2020 at 2:52 PM, whopperwoody said:

I'm in the UK and my UDI turned up this morning with the Thump 100 X. Looks very sleek and much better finish then the GAPR.

Hoping to try at the range today and then on the course tomorrow. Currently have a Callaway X forged UT 18 deg that I'm looking to replace as it sounds very hollow and tinny. 

Where did you order from in the UK mate? 

I was going to order from Jam Golf. 

Play off of 18 and am a member of a tight, woodland course. So I think the DHY will be a good addition to pull instead of the big dog. 

Looking at a DHY 3 in a Stiff, but not sure about the two options of the Diamana 75 or Project X Smoke 6.0.

2 hours ago, Dogma said:

Where did you order from in the UK mate? 

I was going to order from Jam Golf. 

Play off of 18 and am a member of a tight, woodland course. So I think the DHY will be a good addition to pull instead of the big dog. 

Looking at a DHY 3 in a Stiff, but not sure about the two options of the Diamana 75 or Project X Smoke 6.0.

Ordered from Jamgolf.com

Came the next day before the official release date. If you play off 18 I would be cautious of the SIM UDI as the forgiveness is limited. The SIM DHY as you suggested may be better, cheaper option which is still fantastic is the Adams DHY, can be had for 30-50 quid on ebay.

2-ball triple track

On 9/3/2020 at 8:03 AM, whopperwoody said:

Had my first hit with my 2 UDI & Thump 100 X. 

This slot has previously been filled with either a Callaway X Forged UT, 18 deg with PX steel 6.5 or my trusty Adams Idea Pro Black. 

First off, the sound and feel is excellent. Compared to the Callaway UT it is much more solid and muted, actually similar to the Adams pro black. Heel to toe it is longer than the Callaway  UT and I would say the forgiveness is also better than the UT. Shots hit slightly skinny still felt good and got up with little distance loss. 

For me, it was very easy to elevate, launched up quickly but then flattened out producing a trajectory I really like. Likewise, when trying to hit low it was easy to keep down and hit a controlled punch. 

The thump shaft also feels very stable and having just over 100g in a utility is a big plus for me. I have tried other utility irons in the past, but 70-80g stock shafts are hard to control. 

Weather permitting I’m going to try on the course later today and compare yardage to my other clubs. Will also shoot some comparison pics against my Callaway. 

Got out on the course last night for 10 holes to test.

Overall I am very impressed, I noticed others have said they didn't like the feel but for me I really enjoyed it, it does have a muted thwack sound, very much like my old Adams idea pro black. I compared to my Callaway X Forged UT and the sound difference is quite pronounced, the Callaway has a metallic, hollow tink which I really don't like. I also find the UDI more forgiving, easier to elevate from the deck and does not dig easily. 

I've attached some images against my Callaway UT, you can see blade length is actually quite similar, but the UDI has a thicker topline which hides the back of the club quite well. 

Distance wise it was around the normal 2 iron / hybrid spot, for me around 225-230 yard carry. On one par four I dropped a couple of balls down in the fairway 225 out and found them very easy to elevate from the deck and they ended up pin high. One thing I'm not sure on yet, it does seem to draw more easily than I'm used to, but I still need to change the grip to my usual midsize, so will hold off saying the club has a draw bias until I use my normal larger grip size. 

As much as I like it and it will stay in my bag, I'd be surprised if I does well on tour. If you want low, use the P790 UDI, if you want height and versatility from the rough, use the SIM MAX hybrid or a 5 wood. For me though, I play in the wind and need a lower ball flight. But even with a 3 handicap I found the P790 UDI too inconsistent, this bridges the gap and gives a lower flight, with added forgiveness.  

IMG_6655.JPEG

IMG_6656.JPEG

IMG_6657.JPEG

IMG_6659.JPEG

IMG_6661.JPEG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2-ball triple track

12 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

What are your thoughts Sam? What is it lacking? To me it was mainly lack of feel. Super clack’y.

Definitely clacky like you mentioned Cody. Not quite clicky and not quite a buttery forged feel either. The last driving iron I had was a Mizuno FliHi and recall it had a

much better feel. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 4rheel said:

Definitely clacky like you mentioned Cody. Not quite clicky and not quite a buttery forged feel either. The last driving iron I had was a Mizuno FliHi and recall it had a

much better feel. 

I would agree with that.. This is a decent club but not my fav. 

BALL; Chrome Soft X

5 hours ago, whopperwoody said:

Ordered from Jamgolf.com

Came the next day before the official release date. If you play off 18 I would be cautious of the SIM UDI as the forgiveness is limited. The SIM DHY as you suggested may be better, cheaper option which is still fantastic is the Adams DHY, can be had for 30-50 quid on ebay.

I'm definitely not buying the UDI ?

Sent Jam Golf an email today to enquire on the two shaft options. Seems the Diamana is the standard option and the Project X is the heavier shaft at 80g.

I play Dynamic Gold 120's in my P790 irons that I was fit for; will the Project X shaft be a better fit for me, do you think? 

1 hour ago, Dogma said:

I'm definitely not buying the UDI ?

Sent Jam Golf an email today to enquire on the two shaft options. Seems the Diamana is the standard option and the Project X is the heavier shaft at 80g.

I play Dynamic Gold 120's in my P790 irons that I was fit for; will the Project X shaft be a better fit for me, do you think? 

There may be others who could give better advice on this one. 

I was fitted for Project X in my irons, so for me the graphite PX are fine. But for others PX can feel boardy, tip stiff and hard work.

2-ball triple track

3 hours ago, whopperwoody said:

There may be others who could give better advice on this one. 

I was fitted for Project X in my irons, so for me the graphite PX are fine. But for others PX can feel boardy, tip stiff and hard work.

Thanks mate. 

I'll do a bit more research but I may settle on the Diamana offering. 

Appreciate the advice ?

I got to play my DHY this past weekend for the first time.  Played a short course with my father so used it a bit, probably 6 shots.  I thought it felt great, very much like an iron and I would say even better than the 790 it replaced.  Sets up great to me as I didn't care for the way the UDI looks.  I ordered mine with a Tensei Pro White 90S at -.25".  Specs came in fine but the SW was super light at like C8.5.  I ordered an 11g SIM fairway weight (stock that came in it was like 4.6 or 4.7) and it fit perfectly and now the SW is fine at D2-2.5. I ordered the 3, 1° Strong and 1° Flat to match up to my iron specs (+.5" and 60° lie 4 iron).  Ball flight was medium to high and really nice.  For me I was wanting this to be in the 225 range and it is.  For reference my 4 iron is 205ish right now. Really happy with this.

• Like 1

Paradym TD 8° @ 9° | Paradym TD 15° | UW 19° | Honma TW747V 4-9 | Zipcore 47°/51°/55°/59° | Evnroll EV2 Armlock

Anyone with a UDI order date around 8/27 receive theirs yet? I ordered #2 X-flex Thump, delivery estimate is in the past(9/4), and no updates from Taylormade customer service after reaching out to them

IG: instagram.com/launchedgolf                                      

G430 LST Tour 2.0 Black 65X

TSR2+ HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.5                  
UW 19* MMT  (G430 19* Hybrid Kai'li 80X)
'24 Apex 23* MMT 105X

'24 Apex CB 5-11, DGX100

SM9 54/10M
Jaws Full Toe 58*

Ping Redwood Anser (the original Redwood)

On deck: Paradym Super Hybrid 21*, TSR3 24* hybrid, Apex CB 4-11, Apex MB 8-10, Apex Pro 4-6, Apex UT 23*, Apex UW 19*  Something has to fill the gap between that 8-iron and the driver

Impressed with my UDI 3 w/ Thump 100X. Hit it maybe 10 times off the tee at the weekend and then another 6 in my 9 hole league last night. Goes about 240 on average which is perfect for what I was looking for. Few tight landing spots out around 300-320 which take driver out of play when downwind at my course...so this is great for those holes for me. Cranked out out there around 290 on one such hole. Seems very forgiving across the face and on thin strikes as well. Very satisifed thus far!

Edited by silliwilli
  • Like 1

Taylor Made Sim 9.5 Degree w/ Ventus Black 6X

Taylor Made Sim Ti 3 Wood w/ Diamana Fairway Ltd 75X

Taylor Made UDI #3 w/ Diamana Thump 100X

Titleist T100S 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0

Titleist SM8 50/54/58 x/ Project X 6.0

Evnroll ER2.B

On 9/8/2020 at 7:24 AM, Masse1369 said:

I got to play my DHY this past weekend for the first time.  Played a short course with my father so used it a bit, probably 6 shots.  I thought it felt great, very much like an iron and I would say even better than the 790 it replaced.  Sets up great to me as I didn't care for the way the UDI looks.  I ordered mine with a Tensei Pro White 90S at -.25".  Specs came in fine but the SW was super light at like C8.5.  I ordered an 11g SIM fairway weight (stock that came in it was like 4.6 or 4.7) and it fit perfectly and now the SW is fine at D2-2.5. I ordered the 3, 1° Strong and 1° Flat to match up to my iron specs (+.5" and 60° lie 4 iron).  Ball flight was medium to high and really nice.  For me I was wanting this to be in the 225 range and it is.  For reference my 4 iron is 205ish right now. Really happy with this.

Where did you order your weight from? Any SIM fairway metal weight will fit?

38 minutes ago, 4rheel said:

Where did you order your weight from? Any SIM fairway metal weight will fit?

Yes, the same weight as the SIM fairway.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I played my first round last Saturday with the UDI in the bag. I ordered mine with the Hazardous Smoke shaft. It more than impressed me!  Used it off the tee and it went a bit farther than I expected but was a perfect low penetrating flight, used it on a hole in to a 20 mph wind and cut right through it off the fairway, and then choked down to fly it 5ft off the ground under a pine to roll it up on the green from about 90 yards. It is definitely a keeper.