2020 Aberdeen Standard Investments Ladies Scottish Open Aug 13 - 16

Race to the CME Globe: 500 PointsFormat: 72 holesPurse: $1,500,000Location: The Renaissance Club, North Berwick, ScotlandPar: 71Yardage: 6427History: This is the 4th year for the event. In 2019 Mi Jung Hur took home her first LPGA win since 2014. Hur turned it on during the back nine with six birdies to set the 72-hole tournament record at 20-under par, and take a four-shot victory over runners-up Moriya Jutanugarn and Jeongeun Lee6.

Coverage:

Aug 13: The Golf Channel 7:00 am - 11:00 am (ET)

Aug 14: The Golf Channel 7:00 am - 11:00 am (ET)

Aug 15: The Golf Channel 7:00 am - 11:00 am (ET)

Aug 16: The Golf Channel 7:00 am - 11:00 am (ET)

aberdeen2018-lso---site-plan-v1_2000.jpg

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 6-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, love me some Scottish golf. Hate me infomercials. The constant pumping for the tourism bureau became annoying.   Didn't care for the early coverage. Sure, it's an LET/LPGA event, but

Belated Congrats!! to Stacey Lewis although my Golf Channel in Canada cut out at 11 and went to a rerun of Ferehty so I missed the playoff.

This is the week that Brooke returns to competitive golf.  She's definitely taking a new approach to preparing for Majors ... we shall see how she fares and whether it gives her that extra "boost" or

Should be another fun week. Weather is usually a big factor. Looks like there's a chance for showers on Friday and Sunday.
TV coverage is excellent with four hours each day.
I'm going with Ariya this week. She has a win, and a top 5 finish in the past two years. Mi Hyang also seems to play well here.

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

It would be easy to go with the "hot hand" of Kang, but I think we're going to have a first time winner for some reason. I think since there are no spectators, it's going to help a young lady down the stretch and pull out a win to jump start a career.

G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0

G410 5, 7 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0

G710 4-UW - Accra 70i

Glide 3.0 54ES, 58WS Accra 70i

PING Bruzer

PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch & Craz-E **Backups**

(My son is waiting patiently for the G425 woods so he can take my old ones!)

55 minutes ago, Stooch said:

Belated Congrats!! to Stacey Lewis although my Golf Channel in Canada cut out at 11 and went to a rerun of Ferehty so I missed the playoff.

This is the week that Brooke returns to competitive golf.  She's definitely taking a new approach to preparing for Majors ... we shall see how she fares and whether it gives her that extra "boost" or edge to win.

https://bit.ly/31YbREV

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

This is the week that Brooke returns to competitive golf.  She's definitely taking a new approach to preparing for Majors ... we shall see how she fares and whether it gives her that extra "boost" or edge to win.

Great article. Big Brooke fan here. I'm betting the farm on Brooke. (chicken coop not included)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Golf Dino said:

I'll just enjoy her being back don't have big expectations, she hasn't competed since January.  Although in the past Brooke has come out of the gate fast by playing well starting seasons.

• Like 1

Stacy Lewis is overly annoying to me. Started when she complained a few years back about a younger girl qualifying in the Open. Said she was too young and it was taking spots away from the pros. I'd suggest the pro's not get beat by such a young lady and they wouldn't have to worry. I wonder if Mrs Lewis still has that opinion now that she has a young girl of her own?

Great summary Argonne, and i agree with every word, but would go further and say that the coverage was G**am awful to the point of seriously diminishing my enjoyment.

• Too much of the also-ran LET players early on.
  • They studiously avoided In Gee, despite her being among the leaders for 2.5 days. They decided not to back her, so they must have been relieved she didn't win. By the way, she looks very impressive.
  • Nothing insightful, and lots of dead air. The days of the sparse, understated English commentator..."not saying much, but hitting the mark with what he does"...are long gone.
  • Appalling English (from the English!). "How would you surmise (sic) her performance". "The green LITERALLY grabs your ball and throws it off into that valley".
  • Danielle started with two early bogies and the male anchor was obsessed with her struggling. "There's no fizz in her champagne today" he says. NO! it's a really difficult course and she is grinding. She was absolutely ON, and I had no doubt she'd be close by the end. The guy is trying to make pithy remarks, but they had no substance.

I could go on!

Oh please give me Tom Abbott, whispering Jerry, and the grandma any day! Even the much maligned Karen Stupples is way more substantive.

Sorry about that, now back to the golf! It was the first time ever i found myself barracking for Stacy, given what she endured! And for no fizz in her champagne - that would be Hinako. Not sure what was going on there. But overall, fabulous golf from a number of contenders. Lydia is definitely back, but I knew that the first time I saw her post-Covid.

• Like 2

The announcing was pretty bad imo as well - both the male and female primary announcers were super annoying, at least to me.  The woman sound like she was on the verge of having a heart attack every sentence.  And as mentioned the mail just tried to hard to be "pithy" lol.  But at least we got coverage so I hesitate to complain too much.

I disagree on the early coverage, I actually like seeing some different girls/women getting some air.  We get enough of the same 10 or so ladies on the weekends so I enjoyed seeing some fresh faces.

Was a bit unexpected to see the leaders back up and bring several others back into it, pretty exciting.  Good for SNAP to get a win again.  Would have loved to have seen Kang get in that playoff too!

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

Lol. SNAP. As Ben Kenobi said, "Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time".

• Like 1