Site looks great!

Excited to see the site back up. I was actually going to post photos of my rounds at the Sheep Ranch this past weekend (even with the old site) and was surprised to read that the site was going back to the old software (albeit a newer revision). Will see how it goes to post a bunch of photos from the mobile app since all the photos are on my phone. 

• Like 1

Old stuff:
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

New stuff
Cobra ZL 10.5 driver (Matrix HD6 s-flex)  Titleist TSR2 18* fairway wood (Matrix Code-8 s-flex)   Adams A2P 20* hybrid (Rombax 8D07HB s-flex)
Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW (Apex 4 soft-stepped)    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60 (DG S200)
Odyssey ProType 9 putter

4 hours ago, Greg_B said:

Looks infinitely better right out of the box than Vanilla did on its best day. Unlike the thankfully-departed version which always looked and felt "foreign" for want of a better term, this is like visiting an old friend.  I was quite critical of that debacle but this is a stunning transformation for the better. Kudos to those responsible, and hopefully the stress of the previous year and a bit hasn't prematurely aged you too much. Well done! ?

Ohh it aged me. That is for sure. But it is in the past and full steam ahead. Thanks for the comment and glad to see the positive responses. We are excited.

2 hours ago, easyyy said:

Ohh it aged me. That is for sure. But it is in the past and full steam ahead. Thanks for the comment and glad to see the positive responses. We are excited.

This is probably too soon, but it would be really interesting at some point to write an account of the entire process from your perspective. Some of it exists somewhere already - I'm thinking of the posts from last year about why the change had to be made so suddenly, etc - but some of it would be things only you and you colleagues would know. Things such as how the decision was reached to go in the direction that was taken, the amount of work and effort that went into it, what the expectations were and how that all changed over time (I know it wasn't all that long ago when you had posted something pretty positive about what the future of the 2.0 version of the forums would hold, which is why this change is so stunning, but in a good way), the mistakes that were made, when you finally realized that you had to abandon the good ship Vanilla, how things progressed from there to here, and lessons learned. It would make for a fascinating case study and would probably help others who administer forums/communities and are in similar situations.

• Like 1

The first thing I thought when I saw the site was down, platform was being replaced was: this has to scare the principals of golfwrx. Two major overhauls in a year (?) - ppl are fickle. Anything can happen. Glad for them that feedback is so positive! 

• Like 1

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Testing .... miss the forum.

Ping G430 10k - 10.5° Driver Tour Chrome 2.0 65 or Ventus Blue 6-S Velo

Ping G430 Max 15° 3 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 65 S or Ad Di8-S
Ping G430 Max 21° 7 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 75 S

Ping G430’s, 4-P/W - UST Recoil ES 780 F4-S

Ping G430 - 45° & 50° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Ping Glide Pro 56° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 Limited Edition Putter

Ping DLX Cart Bag

V1 Sport Push Cart - Garmin Approach G80

several pluses to report, and I'm encouraged by the changeover so far.

the browser response  (Mozilla 52.9.0) is faster, snappier. the site uses less CPU processor when changing forum topics.

the screenview is sleeker, nicer.

best to you all that are working on the project and rollout.

• Like 2

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

4 hours ago, billh17 said:

Looks great guys. Job well done !

Thank you!!! VERY EXCITED!

2 hours ago, Greg_B said:

This is probably too soon, but it would be really interesting at some point to write an account of the entire process from your perspective. Some of it exists somewhere already - I'm thinking of the posts from last year about why the change had to be made so suddenly, etc - but some of it would be things only you and you colleagues would know. Things such as how the decision was reached to go in the direction that was taken, the amount of work and effort that went into it, what the expectations were and how that all changed over time (I know it wasn't all that long ago when you had posted something pretty positive about what the future of the 2.0 version of the forums would hold, which is why this change is so stunning, but in a good way), the mistakes that were made, when you finally realized that you had to abandon the good ship Vanilla, how things progressed from there to here, and lessons learned. It would make for a fascinating case study and would probably help others who administer forums/communities and are in similar situations.

There was a lot of transparency and many long form explanations why we went there. But at the time this platform was not that same. 2 or 3 versions ago and we had many in-house modifications that we used to enhance the members experience. The site and the software could not handle the load/traffic. We were crashing and it was terribly unstable. The 2.0 vanilla was promised to be the cats ass and we felt it was the best call for scalability and customization. At the end of thee day it was not, and getting the software to become what we wanted was happening at a snails pace. I could write about this for days. After SIGNIFICANT expenses for development we realized the the road to victory was to speculative and IMO not acceptable. So we bailed. 

The condition to move was also contingent on our ability to acquire technical developers to work on this platform to add the properly written modifications to reach out original goal. We are not playing around here. I am a forum rat and this is where we started. We are driven for member satisfaction. We are poised for great things and this is just the first step.

I could not be more excited to see the base line dumb down platform you seee here. Excited knowing some of the mods we have planned. Many features are toggled off right now for a week or two till the database servers are stabilized. Then we will turn them on test, turn more on and test, then add the feedback and other mods we are working on now. Shoot for mars and land on the moon!!! 

Members are our customers. All of you. Knocking your socks off is our goal and we will continue to invest and make the right decisions to do that. Again... our owners have day jobs and the income from WRX is not needed to pay our salaries. We work to make WRX great and support of Members and staff. We are fortunate for that.

Richard

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm excited for you and the WRX members! I'm guessing there is a lot of relief and dead weight lifted off your shoulders to get back (or actually forward) to where you are now. 

Other than the obvious tremendous number of hours you and your team spent trying to iron out things and many sleepless nights worrying about it, I suspect there was a lot of money spent on the failed platform. I seriously doubt you will ever be made whole from that wasted endeavor, I do hope you were/are able to recover the majority of your expenses.

Wishing you only the best...      

• Like 1

There are two things you can learn by stopping your backswing at the top and checking the position of your hands: how many hands you have, and which one is wearing the glove.

On 8/18/2020 at 7:04 PM, Snowman9000 said:

How do I exclude Classifieds from my Unread Content stream?  I've poked around but to no avail.  I thought I saw listing of forum folders at one point yesterday that I would have been able to include/exclude, but I sure can't find it now.

You probably already have this but just in case,,,,,,,,,,,,

And you can click on your custom stream and then Bookmark it in your browser. Only 1 click and should work fine.

16 hours ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

I do miss being able to click on “my bookmarks” and seeing all the threads I follow in one place quickly. There doesn’t seem to be anything that simple anymore. 

You create your own "Custom" "Activity Stream.

1) Upper left - "hover" over "Activity" then go below and click on "My activity Streams". Then click on "Create New Stream".

2) That should bring you to the page below. From there you can figure it out. Name your stream, set up your parameters and "Save".

From that point you can get to the stream by doing "1" above. You can also access it and then bookmark it in your browser.

EDITED TO ADD - Oopsie. Instead of going all through THIS, if you hover over "Activity", click on "My Activity Streams" and the 3rd one down is "Content I follow". If that's "good enough", no need to create a custom stream. Sorry about that. LOL

1317538593_wrxactivitystream.png.19f57e6f5b1b7f944b1309d306e8eed7.png

Edited by nsxguy

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

1 hour ago, Nail_It said:

I'm excited for you and the WRX members! I'm guessing there is a lot of relief and dead weight lifted off your shoulders to get back (or actually forward) to where you are now. 

Other than the obvious tremendous number of hours you and your team spent trying to iron out things and many sleepless nights worrying about it, I suspect there was a lot of money spent on the failed platform. I seriously doubt you will ever be made whole from that wasted endeavor, I do hope you were/are able to recover the majority of your expenses.

Wishing you only the best...      

thank you. Mistakes are inevitable when you try new things. I don’t wish to forget them and have learned that it is more important how you recover and bounce back that matters. 

R

• Like 3

This is like reconnecting with an old girlfriend after years, and she is even hotter than you remember! 
The wife will obviously not be reading this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

15 hours ago, easyyy said:

There was a lot of transparency and many long form explanations why we went there. But at the time this platform was not that same. 2 or 3 versions ago and we had many in-house modifications that we used to enhance the members experience. The site and the software could not handle the load/traffic. We were crashing and it was terribly unstable. The 2.0 vanilla was promised to be the cats a** and we felt it was the best call for scalability and customization. At the end of thee day it was not, and getting the software to become what we wanted was happening at a snails pace. I could write about this for days. After SIGNIFICANT expenses for development we realized the the road to victory was to speculative and IMO not acceptable. So we bailed. 

The condition to move was also contingent on our ability to acquire technical developers to work on this platform to add the properly written modifications to reach out original goal. We are not playing around here. I am a forum rat and this is where we started. We are driven for member satisfaction. We are poised for great things and this is just the first step.

I could not be more excited to see the base line dumb down platform you seee here. Excited knowing some of the mods we have planned. Many features are toggled off right now for a week or two till the database servers are stabilized. Then we will turn them on test, turn more on and test, then add the feedback and other mods we are working on now. Shoot for mars and land on the moon!!! 

Members are our customers. All of you. Knocking your socks off is our goal and we will continue to invest and make the right decisions to do that. Again... our owners have day jobs and the income from WRX is not needed to pay our salaries. We work to make WRX great and support of Members and staff. We are fortunate for that.

Richard

Glad to hear all this. Thanks easyyy. Everything is looking great!

Edited by Conrad1953
  • Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

15 hours ago, easyyy said:

thank you. Mistakes are inevitable when you try new things. I don’t wish to forget them and have learned that it is more important how you recover and bounce back that matters. 

R

You guys are doing a great job.  There were a lot of people who bashed you and said you didn't care about members opinions and only cared about money etc., but most of us with brains could read between the lines and tell you weren't happy when things weren't getting fixed by certain dates (or at all).

I suspect you knew pretty early that Vanilla couldn't deliver what they promised and had to develop a competent plan to change , like any reasonable rational business owner does when their company is going down a path they dont like

18 hours ago, easyyy said:

There was a lot of transparency and many long form explanations why we went there. But at the time this platform was not that same. 2 or 3 versions ago and we had many in-house modifications that we used to enhance the members experience. The site and the software could not handle the load/traffic. We were crashing and it was terribly unstable. The 2.0 vanilla was promised to be the cats a** and we felt it was the best call for scalability and customization. At the end of thee day it was not, and getting the software to become what we wanted was happening at a snails pace. I could write about this for days. After SIGNIFICANT expenses for development we realized the the road to victory was to speculative and IMO not acceptable. So we bailed. 

Richard

Ha, aren't many of us forum rats?   ?

Good job though. I gotta learn few things and all will be good.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Very Impressed!

Great Job GolfWRX staff!!!

• Like 2

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Emails are delayed for some people. Check your spam.  New email servers should be online sometime next week.

• Like 1

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

As one who was critical of the last redo, though as an IT idiot, I'd bet that more of my issues were due to my incompetence than the site's, however this new set-up is kick-*ss‼️‼️

I've still gotta lot to learn about it though it's layout is much more pleasing to my eye(literally ?) and my limittions?

@easyyy, & @Gxgolfer, thanks for doing what you said that you were going to do Gents?

Thats a rarity in today's world? 

Very Nicely Played?

RP

Edited by Forged4ever
  • Like 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

New site is fine and definitely an improvement over the Vanilla mess.  Vanilla appears to be the masters of over-promise, under-deliver marketing driven business.  My only complaint/suggestion would be to provide greater separation between the ball/star icon and thread title.  If using a mouse, it isn't an issue, but using fingers with touch devices can be a bit dicey to click the icon and not the title.  Cosmetics are generally irrelevant to me and functionality is everything.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThinkingPlus said:

New site is fine and definitely an improvement over the Vanilla mess.  Vanilla appears to be the masters of over-promise, under-deliver marketing driven business.  My only complaint/suggestion would be to provide greater separation between the ball/star icon and thread title.  If using a mouse, it isn't an issue, but using fingers with touch devices can be a bit dicey to click the icon and not the title.  Cosmetics are generally irrelevant to me and functionality is everything.

You know TP, I wish there was greater separation between my tee shots and me.