• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i live in alabama and play at a public course ... we have paperless transactions ...    if it can happen in alabama, it can damn sure happen anywhere ... 

Posted Images

Thanks.  Now, maybe I'm just blind, but I'm not necessarily finding the part about what I am asking about.  They have the lounge software that I have seen, but unless I am misreading, I am not seeing the info about on course stuff.  I'll keep looking but if you have something more specific I would appreciate it.

Thing I am trying to figure out is whether they would have specific handheld units, use people's phones, etc.  Those bring up other issues but just kind of looking into things at the moment.

1 hour ago, Bluefan75 said:

Thanks.  Now, maybe I'm just blind, but I'm not necessarily finding the part about what I am asking about.  They have the lounge software that I have seen, but unless I am misreading, I am not seeing the info about on course stuff.  I'll keep looking but if you have something more specific I would appreciate it.

Thing I am trying to figure out is whether they would have specific handheld units, use people's phones, etc.  Those bring up other issues but just kind of looking into things at the moment.

Not sure why it isn't on the website, but they definitely have the capability. I've played a few courses that use them and the bev cart has an ipad and will swipe your card there. Some big name courses use it too like Torrey and Bethpage. Worth giving them a call. 

17 hours ago, cgd2061 said:

Not sure why it isn't on the website, but they definitely have the capability. I've played a few courses that use them and the bev cart has an ipad and will swipe your card there. Some big name courses use it too like Torrey and Bethpage. Worth giving them a call. 

Ok thanks.  Wonder if maybe it's so obvious they don't spell it out.  I also wonder if swiping a card is different from applying to an account. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, cristphoto said:

Our club's beverage cart is cashless.  You give the girl your member number and she uses an app to charge your account.  Never had any problem with errors.  

Does the cart girl use her own phone or does the club provide?  DO you know what system?  Quite interested in this.

2 hours ago, Bluefan75 said:

Does the cart girl use her own phone or does the club provide?  DO you know what system?  Quite interested in this.

She has a Club provided tablet to use.  Don't know what app, system, etc.  I know I can log on from my home pc or phone and look at every charge on my bill so that system might give her more access via higher level password.  Whenever I get a drink or snack it only takes about 10 seconds (best guess) to input the transaction.  

I've played public courses where the bev cart girl has a tablet with a credit card reader on it. No idea what the system or app is called though.

The only private club I belonged to with a bev cart is still, as of a month ago, using a paper member-charge system where the cart girl has to enter all the chits in the computer at the end of her shift. Same system for the snack shack between #9 green and #10 tee.

Edited by Bonneville85308

Square or Stripe POS and MDM for device protection/security?

There're a ton of pretty easy to implement mobile payment systems. 

(I'm a senior level mobile software engineer and startup CTO in the real world soooo ... can probably help a bit more here ...) 

Edited by aenemated

Titleist TS2 8.5°

Titleist TS2 18°

Taylormade P7MC 3-PW

Vokey 50°, 54°, 60°

Scotty Cameron Newport 

#TeamJumboMax

#Team3iron

On 8/17/2020 at 8:42 PM, Bluefan75 said:

Probably a private club thing, but does anyone have any experience/knowledge of a club that has a form of electronic billing on the beverage cart?  We still do ours on paper and am wondering if there isn't a better way.

Probably doesn't help you but at our club it's always "bill it to my account" and we've all got 4-digit member numbers which they can either ask for or go look up if they know the person by name. Tips can be added to that, too. 

SIM (10.5o) (Tensei Pro Org.)
TS2 4w (17o)

M6 7w (21o)

z785 (4-Pw)
SM8 52-F / 56-F / 60-S
Newport 2 Select

11 minutes ago, MelloYello said:

Probably doesn't help you but at our club it's always "bill it to my account" and we've all got 4-digit member numbers which they can either ask for or go look up if they know the person by name. Tips can be added to that, too. 

Yeah that's what we do as well, but it's manual, so a)unless they mark down the time, you don't know what time the sale took place, if you have an account with a husband and wife, you don't know which one bought stuff(at our club the women are notorious for not buying anything out on course, but then they complain when the cart is not where they like it, even though it is a suboptimal use of the cart).  If the system can give more info, there are more options.  Right now, it's a poopshow.

2 hours ago, aenemated said:

Square or Stripe POS and MDM for device protection/security?

There're a ton of pretty easy to implement mobile payment systems. 

(I'm a senior level mobile software engineer and startup CTO in the real world soooo ... can probably help a bit more here ...) 

Well, a)I'm simply asking on my own, I am not acting on any authority from my club, and b)I'm guessing whatever system would be used needs to integrate everywhere.  We bill to accounts, so we wouldn't need to be able to swipe a credit card, just have some electronic rather than manual transaction recording.

2 hours ago, Bluefan75 said:

Well, a)I'm simply asking on my own, I am not acting on any authority from my club, and b)I'm guessing whatever system would be used needs to integrate everywhere.  We bill to accounts, so we wouldn't need to be able to swipe a credit card, just have some electronic rather than manual transaction recording.

Ah, then it'd depend on the overall POS system(s) and/or what your precise needs are. Sounds like just some manner of digital ledger? 

Titleist TS2 8.5°

Titleist TS2 18°

Taylormade P7MC 3-PW

Vokey 50°, 54°, 60°

Scotty Cameron Newport 

#TeamJumboMax

#Team3iron

19 hours ago, aenemated said:

Ah, then it'd depend on the overall POS system(s) and/or what your precise needs are. Sounds like just some manner of digital ledger? 

Well might be a bit more than that, but probably closer to it than the full on Square-type items.  We also may need a stronger wifi signal!

I've seen it set up with a mobile Hotspot and an iPad with a card swiper. Can either swipe, or charge to member account, all in real time. 

Taylormade M1 9.5 Project X T1100 6.0<br /><br /> Callaway Rogue 15° Project X EvenFlow Blue 75 <br /><br /> Callaway Rogue 19°, 24° Project X EvenFlow Blue 85 <br /><br /> Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 5-6 & MMC 7-9 True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT X100 <br /><br /> SM7 Vokey 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D Tour White AMT S400 & Bettinardi Inovai 3.0