Strongest lofted players/blades irons

Hey all,

looking to try some new irons from my 710cb and maybe gain a few yards.  Anyone know of any stronger lofted blades/players irons I should look into. Never really liked the bulky club head irons (g710, ap2 etc). Thanks in advance!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably the T100-S.

T100S......however.....IMO......the clubs don't play like they are so strong lofted.  I game them and have them one degree weak.  I don't hit them any obscene distances.  Actually, I hit the Apex Pro

OP = Original Poster

Most players irons/blades are pretty traditional in loft. Strongest I can think of would Callaway 2018 X Forged. They have a 45* pitching wedge which is pretty strong for that market.

Titleist TS3 Driver 9.5* Diamana D+ LTD 60 TX
Titleist TS3 Fairway 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 TX
Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3 Tensei CK Pro White 90 TX
Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-5 KBS Tour C-Taper X
Mizuno MP 18 SC 6-9 KBS Tour C-Taper X
Mizuno T20 Raw 46*, 51*, 56* & 61* KBS Tour C-Taper X
SeeMore Nashville z3c Black Mallet
Bridgestone Tour B XS

5 minutes ago, bubs126 said:

So pretty much anything from the new players distance category is what I should be looking at?

You got it.

• Like 1

Titleist TS2
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Ping Anser 20,
Wilson V6's  3-GW
Ping Glide
58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

The OP is a perfect candidate for Player's distance irons.

• Like 1

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
1999 Ben Hogan Apex Blades (3-PW) with stock Apex 4 Steel Shafts
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
Taylormade ATV wedges in 54 and 58 degrees with stock steel shafts
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

T100S......however.....IMO......the clubs don't play like they are so strong lofted.  I game them and have them one degree weak.  I don't hit them any obscene distances.  Actually, I hit the Apex Pro 19 irons further by a bit.

• Like 2

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5, Ventus Velo Blue 6X, 45.25"
TaylorMade SIM Ti 19, Diamana BF Blue 8X
Ping G410 19 hybrid, Tensai Blue 8X                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Titleist T100S 4 to PW, KBS C-Taper S+                                                                                                                                                                                                      TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)                                                                                                                                                                      Scotty Cameron Phantom 12, 35"

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

17 minutes ago, bubs126 said:

The OP??

OP = Original Poster

• Like 2

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver:  Cobra Fly-Z+, Xcaliber 7.5 TS, 44", King LTD, HZRDUS 75 6.5, 44.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Aldila Tour Blue 85 S, 42.5"; Stage 2 Tour, SK Fiber Tour Trac 100 X, 42.5"
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S or DGS400

Irons grab bag:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300; Golden Ram TW276, NV105; Golden Ram TW282, Precision 6.5; Ram TG-898, Super Peening Blue X; 1980 Golden Rams, Dynamic S; MacGregor Muirfield, Dynamic S; Wilson Staff 78 Tour Blades, Dynamic S
GW:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400
SW:  Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS
LW:  Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.25"; Yes! Nicky, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or 50 Elite, TP5

So then that leads me to the next question out of the players distance irons (doesn't have to be this years) which to each person do they find the softest and furthest?  I know that lowest lofts don't always mean the furthest but.... Also ones that don't give any flight height difficulty.

47 minutes ago, DNice26 said:

T100S......however.....IMO......the clubs don't play like they are so strong lofted.  I game them and have them one degree weak.  I don't hit them any obscene distances.  Actually, I hit the Apex Pro 19 irons further by a bit.

Do they both sound the same?   

[deleted]

Test again

OK, it worked, I'm out.

Edited by nsxguy

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Adams A12 Idea Pro hybrid, 16*, Aldila 85 VS Proto Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Taylormade XFT 64

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

Just now, nsxguy said:

Test

Test x 2

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max 8º (9.5º) w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 65s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM TI 5w @ 19º (17º) w/ Diamana FW Limited 7s

Hybrid: Titleist TS3 @ 19º (20º) w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Smoke Black 90s

Irons: Taylormade P7MC 4-PW w/ MMT 105TX (ss*1)

Wedges: Artisan Raw @ 51º, 56º, 61º

Putter: Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

I think this is true about the t100s as said above... they are strong lofted but are less forgiving.. so in order to get that extra distance you probably have to deliver a more perfect strike...i also second the apex pro being a bit longer then t100s..but... for me.. i went with the mizuno mp mmc 20 because the distance.. forgiveness.. and softness was thee best. It was between apex pro and mmc... mmc was super soft and a touch more forgiving  from 4 to pw... never had irons that was butter soft throught the whole set... wow.

15 minutes ago, BarronDDS said:

Do they both sound the same?   

No, they do not.  Especially in the 7 to 4 iron spots.  The Cally Apex Pro 19 irons have a rather unique sound through the ball....perhaps due to the cup face tech.  At first I didn't like it, then it grew on me.  A unique sound that you need to experience for yourself.  I played the Apex Pro 19 irons all of last season and I really enjoyed them.  They have a bit of an off shape in some of the irons (7...I'm looking at you).  

Performance wise, I enjoy both sets.  The T100S irons have been quite interesting for me.  For whatever reason, I've had to play them a good bit more upright then my prior iron sets.  

The one thing that I really noticed with the T100S irons is how small the heads are.  I've gamed blades with larger heads.  They were a smidge almost intimidating at first.  Now I'm used to them, but every other iron I look at now looks huge.  

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5, Ventus Velo Blue 6X, 45.25"
TaylorMade SIM Ti 19, Diamana BF Blue 8X
Ping G410 19 hybrid, Tensai Blue 8X                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Titleist T100S 4 to PW, KBS C-Taper S+                                                                                                                                                                                                      TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)                                                                                                                                                                      Scotty Cameron Phantom 12, 35"

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

New Level had dropped the prices of their clubs and you can order them up to 2° Strong on a custom build...... it would be cheaper than all the OEM’s mentioned 

The 623’s are MB’s that already “modern” lofted compared to blades 15 years ago an increase of 2° would be really Strong. 

the 902’s are a forged cavity that are 1 to.1-1/2 stronger lofted than the 623 MB’s to begin with, and they can be ordered at 2° Strong as well! 

New Level makes some quality forged irons...... worth checking out! 

Ping Blueprints w/ PowerSpec lofts

Ping G400 @ 10.5° (Ping Tour 65S)

Ping G400 5 wood @ 16.5° (Ping Alta CB 65S)

Ping G410 7 wood @ 20° (Ping Tour 75X)

Titleist 818H2 @ 22° (PX 6.0)

Ping i210 PowerSpec 5-U (DG S300)

Titleist SM7 54° F / 60° K (DG S200)

Ping Heppler Floki

Titleist ProV1x/AVX