NEW 2021 Graphite Design Tour AD HD Shaft Specs

knudson81

I know there was an earlier thread on the new Graphite Design Tour AD HD wood shafts, but it might have been lost during the update. Here are the spec sheets on the new shaft that Pro's Choice sent over.

Pro’s Choice Golf Shafts, Inc. announces that the new 2021 Graphite Design Tour AD HD ‘Hyper Drive’  wood shafts will be available on Thursday, October 1st, 2020 through Pro’s Choice Golf Shafts, Inc. and their Authorized Dealer network in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe,    UAE , S. Africa, S. America, and Australia.

New for 2021, Graphite Design introduces the latest in the Tour AD premium line of golf shafts, the Tour AD HD – Hyper Drive.  Designed and manufactured at the Graphite Design Japan factory headquarters, the new Tour AD HD wood shafts are white with light blue accents and finished with a matte clear coat.

The Tour AD HD, like the other high performance Tour AD wood shafts, utilizes premium, aerospace quality carbon-fiber materials and are available in 40g R2, R1 and S flex, 50g R2, R1, S and X flex, 60g SR, S, X and TX flex, 70g S, X and TX flex and 80g S and X flex. 

The Tour AD HD shaft profile is firm in the butt section, firm in the center section and has a firm+ tip to promote a mid-launch angle and low to low/mid ball spin rates. The Tour AD HD shafts utilizes the exclusive Graphite Design FTT - Fast Taper Technology, as well as the modern TORAYCA® M40X carbon-fiber material in the mid to tip section of the shaft and the ultra-high modulus TORAYCA® T1100G carbon-fiber material in the tip section of the shaft for unrivaled shaft stability and precise ball control without the loss of the exceptional feel that Graphite Design shafts are so well known for. 
It is time for a change to your golf game and a jump into Hyper Drive that the new 2021 Graphite Design Tour AD HD shafts with the Torayca T1100G and M40X material technologies has to offer.

320044341_TourADHD6-S.png.a93c6fc03e0b914da375421ecb5776cc.png

1994906478_GDTourADHD.png.094cbad052315d9effa184b37fa10516.png

Edited by knudson81
  • Like 1

1785212142_CJPSignatureV2.png.8a958a3abbd6c7ef38ba6ca84d08fb97.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify

Yeah.....the marketing guys were NOT paying attention when they came up with that name.  How ironic....?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

6 hours ago, Richsgbox said:

Sounds like a unique build. Anyone know of anything of similar profile already on the market? I'd like to know more about Fast Taper Technology.

The closest 2 are going to be the tp and Iz based on profile.  Launch closer to Iz.  Feel should be inbetween..should kick less than tp but will probably feel more active than the Iz.  The Iz does not have ftt but the tp and VR do.  I currently have VR in driver..tp in 3 wood and Iz in 5 wood.  I'll get the hd to test in driver but it's most likely going to end up in the 5 wood.   My fav 2 GD shafts are the VR and tp the ftt shafts are fantastic and I expect the hd will be similar.

• Like 1

TP with a softer tip. This will be really really really good in a fairway wood. Slightly lower launch and higher spin than the TP. 

• Thanks 1

Cobra RAD XB 9* - AD TP 6TX/ Cobra SZ Big Tour 13.5* - Tour AD TP 8X / Callaway Apex Hybrid or Titleist U510 20* - Tour AD IZ 95X

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 / MP20 6-P - Project X 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - Project X 6.0

TM TP Juno or Spider Tour Black / Bridgestone BX

I'm not gonna lie I spend like hours every day reading about golf equipment and specs - and the Graphite Design company lines/specs/etc is the most confusing thing ever.

The way they describe and put out specs on their shafts is like no other manuf. and It's super confusing. 

• Like 3

Epic Speed + AD VR 6 / TSi2 3W + AD HD 7 / TSi2 7W + AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon JDM Austin 

11 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I'm not gonna lie I spend like hours every day reading about golf equipment and specs - and the Graphite Design company lines/specs/etc is the most confusing thing ever.

The way they describe and put out specs on their shafts is like no other manuf. and It's super confusing. 

Their shafts are all similar bend profiles. Only small tweaks here and there. The HD will be a high quality mid soft shaft. They all are

Edited by Poolparty
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cw1209 said:

TP with a softer tip. This will be really really really good in a fairway wood. Slightly lower launch and higher spin than the TP. 

Same thoughts here - I play the TP in my TS3 3w.  Should be interesting to read the comparisons once people have a chance to put both in play.

35 minutes ago, cw1209 said:

Have to disagree. Graphite Design and Fujikura are two of the best when it comes to details regarding their products and how they relate to each other. Most companies just let you guess, or put out the minimum launch/spin chart. Providing the EI profiles and/or shaft profile comparison chart is the next level of detail that can help an educated consumer understand more about the product. 

What I will concede is that there is a fair amount of overlap with Tour AD shafts. They are almost all derivatives of soft mid "blue board" profile. Different feels for sure, but there is a reason there are so many AD DI vs AD VR vs AD TP vs AD IZ vs ..... threads. All lot of the Tour AD shafts are more similar than different .

I'd love to see them try a seriously low launching shaft. They might not call it a Tour AD, but if they made one I'm sure it would be great

• Like 2

This shaft sounds awesome. The profile is right up my alley.

the color is stellar as well.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

The 7TX sound bueno.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

43 minutes ago, Poolparty said:

I'd love to see them try a seriously low launching shaft. They might not call it a Tour AD, but if they made one I'm sure it would be great

There are a couple of pretty stiff options - Tour AD GP and Tour AD M9003. Are those too whippy for what you’re looking for? I haven’t tried them but I’ve heard they feel pretty stiff compared to the rest of the Tour AD line.

11 hours ago, BlueDragonKorea said:

There are a couple of pretty stiff options - Tour AD GP and Tour AD M9003. Are those too whippy for what you’re looking for? I haven’t tried them but I’ve heard they feel pretty stiff compared to the rest of the Tour AD line.

No not too whippy, just the wrong profile for my driver

9 hours ago, knudson81 said:

Initial thoughts (literally 2 driver swings): Launch is higher than GP, similar to IZ for me. Ballflight was mid/high but flat and it was very easy to square up. Feel smooth and lively, more active than GP at impact and less vibration than IZ. More to come as I can get more swings with it.

PCGS / Graphite Design will be looking forward to your feedback after your round this weekend! Next up a little podcast with Knudson81. Thank you!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PCGS / Graphite Design said:

PCGS / Graphite Design will be looking forward to your feedback after your round this weekend! Next up a little podcast with Knudson81. Thank you!

We are waiting... haha.

PXG 0811X Gen4 Diamana ZF 60S
PXG 0341x Proto 3 Wood Fuji Speeder 757 Evo TS 7s

PXG 0341x 5 wood Diamana S+ 70S
PXG 0311 Gen3 P 4-GW Elevate Tour S
PXG 0311 Forged 54*/Camo 60* Elevate Tour S 
PXG Gen2 Gunboat

Bridgestone BX

I'll echo the sentiment of "great looking shaft, unfortunate name" haha. Seems like it will be a tweak on the AD-TP, we'll see!

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX || Taylormade SIM 9* Diamana X'17 70X
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Kuro Kage Proto 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti V2 17* Kuro Kage 80XTS 
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX ||  Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS 
Hybrid  
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

My eBay Store

On 8/21/2020 at 7:54 AM, knudson81 said:

Initial thoughts (literally 2 driver swings): Launch is higher than GP, similar to IZ for me. Ballflight was mid/high but flat and it was very easy to square up. Feel smooth and lively, more active than GP at impact and less vibration than IZ. More to come as I can get more swings with it.

Very interesting to hear!  Flight of IZ with a just a couple hundred rpm less spin would be absolutely perfect for me.

TaylorMade SIM2 10.5*, Ventus Black 6X 
TaylorMade SIM2 3W 15*, Ventus Blue 7X
TaylorMade SIM2 3H 19.5*, Ventus Blue 9X

TaylorMade P770 4,5; P7MC 6-PW, DG TI X100
TaylorMade MG3 50 SB, 54 SB, 58 LB

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 (2021) / TaylorMade Spider X 

Vessel Player 3 DXR

On 8/21/2020 at 12:39 AM, BlueDragonKorea said:

GP is more whiteboard ish with a softer butt and firmer mid and stiff tip. the M9003 has a beefy mid-section that is very stout and isn't really like other shafts out there IMO.

GD shafts for the most part are softer which means smoother feeling. But they do cater to all swing types, just maybe not new every year for all swing types, which honestly I am fine with. I'm surprised they haven't revisited their old ways with the YS, YS+ and haven't made a "DI +" which is a new version of the DI. Not just the new cosmetic.

I'd also think it would be benficial to use a numbering system instead of "high mid low" for launch/spin or their "very stiff, stiff, firm, medium, soft" labels. To me, very few AD shafts are truly "low spin." Maybe the GP and M9003 are the only ones, not sure if XC is as advertised, maybe its low/mid? BB, MT, TP maybe are mid, the rest, IMO are mid/high to high. the old stuff is fantastic too, p9003, D003, Purple Ice, YSQst, PM702/PM902, Throttle series...all powerhouse big boy shafts. But with todays heads being so low spin, the shaft doesn't have to work so hard to knock spin down. But those of us that generate a ton of spin, the head and shaft low/low combo is the scenario we've been waiting for.

TaylorMade M3 9.5° w/ Graphite Design TourAD GP 6 TX
TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZX7 5i w/ Nippon Modus GOST TX

Srixon ZX7 6-AW w/ Nippon Modus 125S hardstepped +1/2"
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SS Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter and Rosemark Thorn 1.25 grip

On 8/22/2020 at 1:12 AM, MysteryV said:

Ok - done waiting Kundsen.  You've had 16 hours - I expect 24 hours worth of evaluation and and I expect it 12 hours ago!  ?

Can't wait to hear more!  

I am working on it! Come babysit and I will get all the reviewing this shaft can handle!

• Like 2

1785212142_CJPSignatureV2.png.8a958a3abbd6c7ef38ba6ca84d08fb97.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify

3 hours ago, knudson81 said:

I am working on it! Come babysit and I will get all the reviewing this shaft can handle!

Alternately - you can just send me the shaft and I'll test and ghostwrite the review for you.  ?

I promise - you do NOT want me babysitting your kids - they'll come back wired on Lindt chocolate balls and Nicorette cursing like tiny sailors.

• Haha 1

SIM2 Diamana PD 6x

Miura 1008 - MMT 125 TX

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55D / 60T

Scotty Cameron T22 FB