Why is Ping taking over two months to ship?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So many reasons. First of all, they were closed longer than the other major OEMs so it stands to reason they had a larger backlog. There's also been word of them reducing the number of employees worki

Yes, fixed shaft (requested black thinking that they would do the matte black that they have done for me before, but they instead went with the black chrome) and PP58 grip.  Turned out fine/as expecte

I might be totally wrong on this , but i thought i remembered with some OEMs certain "custom" orders were done locally and not at the factory (like bending , specific grinds etc), so maybe if Ping is one of those there are delays further down the supply chain

if by custom you just mean like a different shaft, i have no clue...FWIW i ordered a Glide 3.0 Lob Wedge with a non-stock shaft and got it in 2 weeks

Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Callaway Epic SubZero 13 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS Tour Prototype 85
Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
Titleist Vokey SM8 60 M grind

Deschamps Blade 375g

47 minutes ago, greenwavegolfer said:

So many reasons. First of all, they were closed longer than the other major OEMs so it stands to reason they had a larger backlog. There's also been word of them reducing the number of employees working at any given time to keep things safe for their employees which slows down the process. There's all kinds of supplier issues still with heads and shafts so it's still a luck-of-the-draw situation whether your specific heads and shafts are stocked quickly or not. I've also seen a source say that Pings shipper (FedEx) is limiting the number of packages they'll take per day from them because they're so swamped they can't accomodate all the things they're trying to ship per day. IDK how much truth there is to that last part, but having dealt with how bad FedEx is lately, I'll just say it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I think the bottom line for Ping in particular is that they've taken this situation more cautiously for their employees than the other big OEMs have. They shut down quicker and for longer and seemingly have put more stringent practices in place since reopening (which makes sense with them being in a location that's a real hotbed for virus outbreaks right now in AZ). They're a private company and have chosen to do what they believe is right for their employees and their safety which I think is admirable. But at the end of the day everyone is backed up right now. I'm sure for some things Ping may be more backed up, but for others maybe they're not. I also think it's good that they're finally tempering expectations and saying 2 months. I've heard other OEMs claiming 2-3 weeks and they probably know full well they can't meet those timelines for the most part.

Yes All of this as to related to PING.

I don't know about Fed EX but that certainly sounds like a very viable part of it as well. 

:smilie_titty: TS1 9.0  Fubuki 45G Shaft
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & & FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

• 1 month later...

I purchased a set of custom ping G410's in mid August of this year from The PGA Store in Paramus NJ. Still have not received them. First it was 2-3 weeks for shipment, that turned into an additional 2 weeks, which turned into two more months. Very frustrating. The PGA store should have been well aware of this and let its customers know this before choosing the Ping brand. I would have much rather waited for the next year. 

I think it is supply chain issues all the way down the line. Ping isn’t the only one with issues. My P770s won’t be here until December. 

Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/80141-ckays-witb-duw-update-on-pg-3/page__st__60__p__7710766__hl__+ckay#entry7710766"]WITB Link[/url]

Even pre-COVID, clubfitters would say that Ping took longer for custom orders in part for image. Ping wanted customers to wait a bit longer to get clubs so that the sizzle aura would build for them awaiting the shipment.

Now, COVID-related factory closings have disrupted components fabrication in many industries. In the computer world, two of the smaller custom shops in my area have run out of parts for all but the simplest repairs. This includes both replacement and upgrade components. One family operation has vacated its shop, not sure if crew is operating from home or not.

What's In The Bag (Summary as of October 2020)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i-9i

Wedges:  Calla MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced)

Ball: Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

For details see:  Pending (need protocol to embed file list).

On 8/20/2020 at 2:08 PM, MtlJeff said:

I might be totally wrong on this , but i thought i remembered with some OEMs certain "custom" orders were done locally and not at the factory (like bending , specific grinds etc), so maybe if Ping is one of those there are delays further down the supply chain

if by custom you just mean like a different shaft, i have no clue...FWIW i ordered a Glide 3.0 Lob Wedge with a non-stock shaft and got it in 2 weeks

Either you were very fortunate and Ping had the exact club sitting there already, or I'm very unfortunate.  I ordered two Glide 3.0 wedges with Recoil shafts 5 weeks ago today; still waiting.

22 hours ago, johngalt312 said:

I ordered a custom set of i210 irons and a custom Heppler Putter on 9/17/2020 (same retailer/same order).  The irons I am waiting on; the putter was delivered yesterday 10/19/2020.

I'm curious what you customized on the Heppler given it has an adjustable shaft? Did you get a fixed length shaft? How'd it turn out?

7 hours ago, hd.softail said:

I'm curious what you customized on the Heppler given it has an adjustable shaft? Did you get a fixed length shaft? How'd it turn out?

Yes, fixed shaft (requested black thinking that they would do the matte black that they have done for me before, but they instead went with the black chrome) and PP58 grip.  Turned out fine/as expected (similar to the other Ping putter that I had previously custom ordered with the same fixed shaft/grip setup (instead of the adjustable nonsense)).

Edited by johngalt312
  • Like 1