Piretti Thread

Still patiently waiting for the Matera to be released in LH. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to decide between the G.O.A.T and Matera Elite.  Anybody have any input that could sway me one way or the other?

Thinking about getting a Matera and a Dale head by David Mills (about $250 more out of pocket than the Goat) unless the GOAT is just that awesome. 

Edited by jeff1727
Adding info

2 hours ago, jeff1727 said:

Trying to decide between the G.O.A.T and Matera Elite.  Anybody have any input that could sway me one way or the other?

Thinking about getting a Matera and a Dale head by David Mills (about $250 more out of pocket than the Goat) unless the GOAT is just that awesome. 

GOAT, all day everyday. I waited for awhile after they came out to get one and only regret is I should have bought earlier! Feel is unreal, like perfectly balanced, everything is just perfect. I sold that matera in photo didn't fit my stroke but I may get another one eventually I just like my blades. I say go for the GOAT might be able to find one on here or ebay for a little cheaper too if you are concerned with the price but like I said I wish I had purchased earlier!

thumbnail.jpg.67411742834fee0b75878595efdb9bd0.jpg

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 10° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 15° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 19° KBS Tour Hybrid Proto

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

11 minutes ago, luke1333 said:

GOAT, all day everyday. I waited for awhile after they came out to get one and only regret is I should have bought earlier! Feel is unreal, like perfectly balanced, everything is just perfect. I sold that matera in photo didn't fit my stroke but I may get another one eventually I just like my blades. I say go for the GOAT might be able to find one on here or ebay for a little cheaper too if you are concerned with the price but like I said I wish I had purchased earlier!

That GOAT is just drool worthy. But how big is the Matera from front to back? Apparently this is coming out in LH and since I like flow necks this could be a really good putter for me. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

20 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

That GOAT is just drool worthy. But how big is the Matera from front to back? Apparently this is coming out in LH and since I like flow necks this could be a really good putter for me. 

I don't have exact measurements but it isn't huge more of a widebody blade or just a hair bigger I guess. Nice size honestly just don't need one for my stroke

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

3 minutes ago, luke1333 said:

I don't have exact measurements but it isn't huge more of a widebody blade or just a hair bigger I guess. Nice size honestly just don't need one for my stroke

That's not bad for comparison. All of the LH options from Piretti are wider blades or mallets, I'm not a fan of the CW2 and the Matera is the nicest, plus the adjustable weight is a huge plus for me. Only if it's ever released.  

Lefty - WITB Thread

2 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

That's not bad for comparison. All of the LH options from Piretti are wider blades or mallets, I'm not a fan of the CW2 and the Matera is the nicest, plus the adjustable weight is a huge plus for me. Only if it's ever released.  

When did they say it was going to be made LH I have never seen that but I am also not left handed so don't pay much attention lol

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

When did they say it was going to be made LH I have never seen that but I am also not left handed so don't pay much attention lol

January 2020 LOL. It was through email I had with Bill asking about a few things from them including custom prices. In a few LH groups/pages some other lefties have said they still plan on brining the Matera out in LH but not 100% sure either. Even the CW2 in the new line won't be in LH until spring they said.

I'm in no rush anyways, I have plenty of putters to buy, try and get custom built until that happens. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

2 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

January 2020 LOL. It was through email I had with Bill asking about a few things from them including custom prices. In a few LH groups/pages some other lefties have said they still plan on brining the Matera out in LH but not 100% sure either. Even the CW2 in the new line won't be in LH until spring they said.

I'm in no rush anyways, I have plenty of putters to buy, try and get custom built until that happens. 

Right I wish Bill would make another GOAT run because I want a 330g naked one! I guess we can both wish they come out soon with them both!

• Like 1

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

44 minutes ago, luke1333 said:

I’ve been eyeing the GOAT for a couple of weeks and today the Matera caught my eye.   Think they have 8 GOATs left in the configuration I want.  Think I’ll pull the trigger on it and if Mills doesn’t get back to me in the coming weeks to finalize details and take payment, I will get a Matera as well.  Rest of bag is set so still have a healthy golf budget left to buy some putters.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeff1727 said:

I’ve been eyeing the GOAT for a couple of weeks and today the Matera caught my eye.   Think they have 8 GOATs left in the configuration I want.  Think I’ll pull the trigger on it and if Mills doesn’t get back to me in the coming weeks to finalize details and take payment, I will get a Matera as well.  Rest of bag is set so still have a healthy golf budget left to buy some putters.  

Same here most of the bag is set so I spend money on trying putters for fun, have you heard of the putting engineer? I have one of their GOATs coming to try as well

https://gamerputters.bigcartel.com/products 

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

Same here most of the bag is set so I spend money on trying putters for fun, have you heard of the putting engineer? I have one of their GOATs coming to try as well

https://gamerputters.bigcartel.com/products 

I have.  I follow him on Instagram and have read the threads here.  Let us know how it compares to the Piretti when it comes in.  Based on Pics I like the milling lines and overall softness of the Piretti more. 

Edited by jeff1727

3 minutes ago, jeff1727 said:

I have.  I follow him on Instagram and have read the threads here.  Let us know how it compares to the Piretti when it comes in.  Based on Pics I like the milling lines and overall softness of the Piretti more. 

I will expected to ship in the next few weeks I think? And what GOAT config were you looking at?

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

58 minutes ago, luke1333 said:

I will expected to ship in the next few weeks I think? And what GOAT config were you looking at?

350 grams with a site dot (preferable, 8 left) or top line. 34 inches, 69-70 lie, 2.5-3 loft.   Wanting to try a little heavier blade. 

Edited by jeff1727
Adding more info

3 minutes ago, Dr.Frankenputz said:

Me too. If this or the TP Mills Fleetwood came in lefty I’d have a few more putters. 

Exactly I would love a Fleetwood but begging David to make them and pay the $700 or just wait for Piretti to bring out the Matera and wait for a sale can probably snag it for under $500. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

2 hours ago, jeff1727 said:

350 grams with a site dot (preferable, 8 left) or top line. 34 inches, 69-70 lie, 2.5-3 loft.   Wanting to try a little heavier blade. 

That's my setup and I want a lighter one for faster greens! But 350g is great for about 90% of the courses I play and probably what most people play

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

4 minutes ago, luke1333 said:

That's my setup and I want a lighter one for faster greens! But 350g is great for about 90% of the courses I play and probably what most people play

I use an old Ping Anser that I brought up to 335 grams with lead tape to use when the greens are running quicker.  think I will get the GOAT and change my Mills order to a fleetwood (his matera). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeff1727 said:

I use an old Ping Anser that I brought up to 335 grams with lead tape to use when the greens are running quicker.  think I will get the GOAT and change my Mills order to a fleetwood (his matera). 

That sounds like the perfect combo honestly! I say do it and send photos of the fleetwood!! Not sure I've seen those

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 8:26 PM, luke1333 said:

That sounds like the perfect combo honestly! I say do it and send photos of the fleetwood!! Not sure I've seen those

GOAT on order.  Now I just need this snow to melt.  Still waiting to hear from Mills.  Probably going to cancel order and roll the Piretti for the foreseeable future.  Looking forward to sticking with one putter and getting comfortable with it. 

Edited by jeff1727
Edit
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, jeff1727 said:

GOAT on order.  Now I just need this snow to melt.  Still waiting to hear from Mills.  Probably going to cancel order and roll the Piretti for the foreseeable future.  Looking forward to sticking with one putter and getting comfortable with it. 

Yup that is me, GOAT for 90% of the golf I play. Super fast greens I need a lighter GOAT or something and I have older heavier ones for slower or wet greens. But it is nice having one putter you know you use majority of the time

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

• 2 months later...

I currently game a Matera Elite that I love but I’ve always been a blade putter user prior to putting it in the bag. I’ve been looking at the Potenza 2 putter on their website for the last couple of years and finally decided to pull the trigger but…..when I went to purchase it, they only had Potenza 2’s with the LA Gokf putter shaft that appears to be all the rage these days. I shot Bill at Piretti an email and he quickly let me know he had three left in stock that were ready to be shafted in steel and offered to put them back up on the site so that I could order one of them. Needless to say my new putter is arriving Saturday. Every time I’ve interacted with the Piretti Golf team they have gone above and beyond for me and with great urgency too. Can’t wait to roll my new putter this weekend. Cheers. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Breezy-3- said:

I currently game a Matera Elite that I love but I’ve always been a blade putter user prior to putting it in the bag. I’ve been looking at the Potenza 2 putter on their website for the last couple of years and finally decided to pull the trigger but…..when I went to purchase it, they only had Potenza 2’s with the LA Gokf putter shaft that appears to be all the rage these days. I shot Bill at Piretti an email and he quickly let me know he had three left in stock that were ready to be shafted in steel and offered to put them back up on the site so that I could order one of them. Needless to say my new putter is arriving Saturday. Every time I’ve interacted with the Piretti Golf team they have gone above and beyond for me and with great urgency too. Can’t wait to roll my new putter this weekend. Cheers. 

Can't wait to see photos of it!!! Post some photos up once you get it!!

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

• 1 month later...

Anyone know the typical turn around time for orders? 

I placed on this afternoon for a Cuvio. I had a Potenza when Piretti first came to be, but sadly got rid of it. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just completed 72 holes with my first Piretti, a 365 gram, Tour Workshop, long plumber neck, almost face-balanced high-toe……only three 3-putts over four rounds, very happy so far…..

CE517A12-97E7-4BAA-8303-3359B3277661.jpeg

9C9DFDD4-5384-40F5-BA6D-068976F3FB5E.jpeg

Edited by toddba11
  • Like 2

[i][b]In the Bag:[/b][/i]
Driver - Ping 430 Max 10.5 Degree - Tensei 1K 70g  45"

Fairway Woods: Wilson Dynapower (2023) 5 and 7 woods
Irons: 6 - PW trade between Titleist T200 Steel Fiber i110s, and Wilson Staffs +1" - Shafts Project X LZ 5.5
Hybrids: Ping G425 26 degree Titleist TSi2 17 and 23 degree…..Shaft Project X 90 Hyb +1"
PW: Wilson Staff Custom 52 SW: Cleveland CBX Full Face 56 10 bounce
Putter: Jon Rham Limited Naked Rossie 
Ball: Wilson Staff, Pro V or Callaway Chrome Soft
Bag: Datrek 

Cart: Bagboy Quad

3 hours ago, toddba11 said:

Just completed 72 holes with my first Piretti, a 365 gram, Tour Workshop, long plumber neck, almost face-balanced high-toe……only three 3-putts over four rounds, very happy so far…..

CE517A12-97E7-4BAA-8303-3359B3277661.jpeg

9C9DFDD4-5384-40F5-BA6D-068976F3FB5E.jpeg

Always liked the look of their Workshop models. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread