• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jabbra elite. I have the newest version but the previous version which was very good can be found for a good price.

Raycons are decent:   https://rayconglobal.com      

I've tried them all, and powerbeats pro are the best for golf. Can play 54 holes without having to recharge the case, just leave it in my bag and they are always good to go.  The buds them self can easily last 36 holes without a charge. They are 10x better than my airpods in pretty much everyway.

Taylormade M1
TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
Ping i15 / Zing 2
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black / SC Futura Phantom
Titleist ProV1 (yellow)
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

Oontz Angle 3 Ultra Dual

• 1 month later...

I’m looking as well. How well do those skull candies work? Noise canceling? Stay in ?

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
Callaway Apex CF19  5-A w/KBS $-Taper 120
Cleveland RTX 54*
Cleveland RTX 58*
Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

13 hours ago, Cwing said:

I’m looking as well. How well do those skull candies work? Noise canceling? Stay in ?

Work well for me when sitting in my zero gravity chair on the deck.  Never a problem when walking around but I don't run in them.

Noise cancelling?  Not sure.  I can tell you I can't hear my wife when cranking Barracuda.  Does that answer your question?

Taylormade M1
TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
Ping i15 / Zing 2
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black / SC Futura Phantom
Titleist ProV1 (yellow)
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

Oontz Angle 3 Ultra Dual

• 3 weeks later...

Was reading a consumer reports magazine 3 weeks ago at a relatives house and they tested the airpods and sumsung buds.  They rated the airpods poorly at around a 55 and the sumsung buds at around an 84.  Said among other things, sound quality was poor in the airpods.

Apple people, don't go attacking me.  I'm sure they are great, just relaying what the magazine found in their test.

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't found anything that beats the Bose SoundSports.  When I finally made the switch to BT ear buds, I wanted to try something other than Bose.  I went through a few different highly recommended brands/models (Jaybirds, Beats, and one my wife bought but I can't recall which ones)... I ended up returning them all and finally bought the Bose SoundSports... 

I prefer the Bose because they are lighter weight than the Jaybirds and Beats, and they fit my ears.  IDK if I have weird ear canals or what but on many models I can't find a tip which stays in.  The Bose, with their anchors, fit me perfectly.  

I did not like the completely wireless Bose Sport ear buds... they are a little heavier and for me had a tendency to fallout eventually while running... They are also like 2.5x the price of the soundsports (which I think are now under $100).  

Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
Taylormade '16 M2 15*
Titleist 816h 21*
Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop

20 hours ago, SilverBullets said:

I still haven't found anything that beats the Bose SoundSports.  When I finally made the switch to BT ear buds, I wanted to try something other than Bose.  I went through a few different highly recommended brands/models (Jaybirds, Beats, and one my wife bought but I can't recall which ones)... I ended up returning them all and finally bought the Bose SoundSports... 

I prefer the Bose because they are lighter weight than the Jaybirds and Beats, and they fit my ears.  IDK if I have weird ear canals or what but on many models I can't find a tip which stays in.  The Bose, with their anchors, fit me perfectly.  

I did not like the completely wireless Bose Sport ear buds... they are a little heavier and for me had a tendency to fallout eventually while running... They are also like 2.5x the price of the soundsports (which I think are now under $100).  

I have the Bose Soundsport Free (the completely wireless ones) and I dont know if I'll ever own a different pair of ear buds. I've never been able to find a set of ear buds that stay in my ears until these. With every other pair I've ever had, I'm constantly having to push them back in. As for airpods and other apple ear buds, forget it. They fall out while I'm sitting still.

When I used to run a lot of 10k races, it was so aggravating to constantly be reaching up to push the ear buds back in. With the bose, they just stay put, and I never have to mess with them. The sound quality is great, and they hold a charge really well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 8:08 PM, 000 said:

I've tried them all, and powerbeats pro are the best for golf. Can play 54 holes without having to recharge the case, just leave it in my bag and they are always good to go.  The buds them self can easily last 36 holes without a charge. They are 10x better than my airpods in pretty much everyway.

They are great when they work!  Ive had 2 sets and either the right or left wont work sometimes and you need the case to reset so when Im at gym and doesnt work and case is in car not cool

Went from AirPods Pro to Bose QC Earbuds. 

JBeam Bullet 10*                     Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Exotics CBX119 3WD              Accra Tour Z RPG 372 M5

Exotics CBX119 5WD              Accra Tour Z RPG 382 M5

Exotics CB2 7WD                    Accra TZ5-85 M5
TaylorMade V-Steel 9WD       Accra TZ5-85 M5
MIURA CB57 6-PW                  MCI MMT-125TX (SSx1)
MIURA Tour Milled 52 56 60   MCI MMT-125TX 

Bettinardi DASS MiNOVAi Tour Prototype 

19 hours ago, RIRider said:

I have a pair of Jabra Elite 75t that I'm really happy with. Great sound, very comfortable and they go for hours on one charge and the carrying case holds a charge for a long time also.

I have the 65t for a couple of years. I agree and would just add that, especially with covid, I’ve been using them a ton for phone/zoom calls and they pretty much have been perfect. 

Jus upgraded to the AirPods Pros.  Couldn’t be happier.  Connection is instant and constant, just like regular AirPods. No dropping of connection like every non-Apple brand I’d tried.  Even when I walked too far away from my iPhone, as soon as I get in range again, they instantly connect.  Integrated silicon ear tips are snug and comfortable, and don’t require me to take them off before putting Pods in the charging case.  And the noise cancelling is remarkably good.  

I was very happy with the regular AirPods, but after several years of daily use, the battery wouldn’t make it for my long practice sessions.  It got inconvenient to recharge them mid-practice.  (Plus, I had a gift card.)

You mentioned wanting noise canceling - that's going to limit you options a lot, but worth it if you travel or do other things with them on. TBH I probably wouldn't practice with noise canceling on (or all the way up, if you have a pair with adjustable noise cancelation) bc you want to hear if someone says hi, asks you to scoot over, etc.

I've owned or tested everything on this list:

- Apple AirPod Pro: Good at everything, great for phone calls. Long-term durability may be a question, but we'll see. If you use your headphones for conference calls or for work, then these are the top choice hands down. Their mic is the best.

- Bose QuietComfort Earbuds: Better sound and ANC than Apple, but bigger and heavier. Not as good for isolating background noise on their microphone if you make calls with them. If your primary use is travel or at home use, these beat Apple

- Jabra Elite 75/85t: These didn't have noise canceling when they came out, but added it via firmware. I haven't tried them since they added it. If it works then they're probably the best bet for bang for buck

I haven't tried:

- Sennheiser Momentum 2: Haven't had them, but you can count on Sennheiser to have great sound quality

- Sony WF....: Their over ears are very well liked, Bose only sells more bc of marketing IMO, so I would expect these to be high quality. Downside is that they've been out for a while so you'll probably see an upgrade soon