2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New putter. Gone before I even got the chance to see it

Krosch3

I am heartbroken. 

I pulled the trigger on a toulon Madison garage with rose gold finish and the h2 long neck. It was from callaway pre-owned and got a pretty good deal on it. I always wanted to try and switch to a blade style from mallet. I was set on either a long neck or mid/long slant neck. 

I found the one I wanted and went for it. 

I instructed ups to leave the package on my back patio(apartment) which backs up to a fence, very private. No one is ever back there besides landscapers. Seemed like the best idea since I wouldn't be back to get it until later. 

I can't wait to get back to open up my new to me putter. Unfortunately, to my surprise it was STOLEN, Right off my private porch. I am torn up about this, yeah the money wasted is bad but not even being able to see it, touch it, roll it just kills me. Not really sure how or what I can even do to try and remedy, seems like a lost cause. 

May call around to all stores who buy used clubs and see if anything has turned up. Checked eBay, Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. No luck. 

I bear some of the responsibility I guess but man never even getting to see it in person is tough. 

Had to vent, anyone else have this experience with lowlife package stealers? 

• Sad 1

Are you 100% certain it was delivered? I know that with FedEx, I've gotten notifications that the package was "delivered to mailbox", but it wasn't actually delivered to me. It was delivered to USPS for final delivery and showed up the next day.

Unfortunately that's never happened with UPS deliveries from CPO, but you never know. I would confirm with UPS that it was actually delivered to you.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

I just pulled the trigger on a circle T. Sent it off to the Custom shop. UPS lost it in one of their warehouses. I'm losing hope that it will turn up.

Let's Go Hokies! VA --> AL 

PING G425 MAX 9o: Ventus Blue 6x

Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood @ 14.25o: Ventus Blue 7x

Taylormade SIM2 Rescue 3 @ 18o: Ventus Blue 9x

Srixon ZX5 4 Iron: Accra iSeries Steel 125 + 1/2", 1Up

Srixon ZX7 5-9 Irons: Accra iSeries Steel 125 + 1/2", 1Up.

Taylormade 46, 50, 55TW, 60 HiToe: DG TI s400 + 1/2", 1Up.

Taylormade Spider X Slant Neck Navy

2023 Titleist ProV1

I sold a putter back on July 22nd. It still shows something along the line of. "Your package is in transit to the next facility. It will arrive late" . However, it has been like this for 4 weeks! Usps told me to go Ahead and file a claim and I got no answers where it might be. Refunded the buyer and I'm out a putter. 

Update on CPO. I talked dto them today and they offered to send me a replacement for the putter that went missing. I would say obvious package theft. I was really surprised and extremely happy to hear they would send a replacement. Was not expecting that. Kudos to CPO stepping up when it really was not their fault. I'll update once the replacement arrives. Not sure how they had a garage custom with all the same "specs" Callaway called out on original but we will see. 

7 hours ago, TWick said:

I just pulled the trigger on a circle T. Sent it off to the Custom shop. UPS lost it in one of their warehouses. I'm losing hope that it will turn up.

Wow, yeah that is tough. Sorry to hear that. I feel your frustrations even though I can't imagine it being with a new to you circle t. Best of luck getting it back or hope insurance can cover. 

I had a driver that was about three weeks late. My local postal supervisor said my locality was 4 weeks behind at the height of the pandemic. If it said in transit it was not lost, just stored. I did a missing mail trace and it started moving eventually. I refunded the buyer who was honest and did paypal me when it was delivered. 

2 minutes ago, JAM01 said:

I had a driver that was about three weeks late. My local postal supervisor said my locality was 4 weeks behind at the height of the pandemic. If it said in transit it was not lost, just stored. I did a missing mail trace and it started moving eventually. I refunded the buyer who was honest and did paypal me when it was delivered. 

Oh wow, so there is hope. The buyer seemed like a very genuine person and did mention if it is to show up, he will send me back the money or ship the club back. We will see what happens. Usps provided me with absolutely zero answers of where it might even be. Who knows, hopefully I get a nice surprise. Glad it worked out for you!

10 hours ago, Krosch3 said:

I sold a putter back on July 22nd. It still shows something along the line of. "Your package is in transit to the next facility. It will arrive late" . However, it has been like this for 4 weeks! Usps told me to go Ahead and file a claim and I got no answers where it might be. Refunded the buyer and I'm out a putter. 

Update on CPO. I talked dto them today and they offered to send me a replacement for the putter that went missing. I would say obvious package theft. I was really surprised and extremely happy to hear they would send a replacement. Was not expecting that. Kudos to CPO stepping up when it really was not their fault. I'll update once the replacement arrives. Not sure how they had a garage custom with all the same "specs" Callaway called out on original but we will see. 

I had a putter sit in "Your package is arriving late" limbo for like 3-4 weeks then finally one day it moved. I'd just be patient as it should arrive, if it's over 6 weeks then yeah maybe worry a bit about it being gone or misplaced. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

7 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

I had a putter sit in "Your package is arriving late" limbo for like 3-4 weeks then finally one day it moved. I'd just be patient as it should arrive, if it's over 6 weeks then yeah maybe worry a bit about it being gone or misplaced. 

Patience is a virtue.... I checked the tracking this morning. And look at that, it updated and says it has arrived in the Destination city's distribution center and in transit to final destination. Maybe it took some golfwrx posting to help move it along 

USPS is extremely misleading with their delivery notices.  I just bought something last week and the initial tracking said it would be here Monday 08/24. I got the update that it had been delivered Friday 08/22.  No package.  It ended up showing up Monday as scheduled.  I belong to some car enthusiast websites and many people have had the same thing happen with USPS tracking.  It says delivered and shows up two days later.  I swear it keeps their performance metrics looking good to mark delivered early but is not great service for customers.  Maybe there is hope for the putter.

15 minutes ago, 596 said:

I've had FedEx and UPS state on the tracking that the item was delivered to my door.  However it did not actually get delivered until the next day.  If they are running very late, they won't deliver but they will register it as delivered in their system.  It'll show up at the door the next day.

All these responses definitely make some consider how I ship items from here on out. Registering delivered day prior, then delivering next day seems like it would be hard to keep up with in their end. Pretty shady 

32 minutes ago, 596 said:

I've had FedEx and UPS state on the tracking that the item was delivered to my door.  However it did not actually get delivered until the next day.  If they are running very late, they won't deliver but they will register it as delivered in their system.  It'll show up at the door the next day.

I have had this happening lately with packages from USPS. Only recently (July & August). Frustrating as hell. You look around for the package thinking that perhaps it was dropped off in a weird spot or worse stolen, only for the box to be still on the truck and have it magically arrive the next day. 

Edited by TheBear95

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

5 minutes ago, TheBear95 said:

I have had this happening lately with packages from USPS. Only recently (July & August). Frustrating as hell. You look around for the package thinking that perhaps it was dropped off in a weird spot or worse stolen, only for the box to be still on the truck and have it magically arrive the next day. 

My company uses a few different delivery channels and right now one of the "bigs" is running around 90% on time delivery when they're normally around 98% on time.  Even our private fleet is a little off the mark at 95%.  Most of it has to do with the current COVID situation.  We've lost drivers in markets for two weeks due to COVID quarantine. The problem is that they are still measured on marking packages as delivered so their numbers don't drop below 90% which is why you'll see in the system that it was delivered only to have it show up next day.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

14 minutes ago, leezer99 said:

My company uses a few different delivery channels and right now one of the "bigs" is running around 90% on time delivery when they're normally around 98% on time.  Even our private fleet is a little off the mark at 95%.  Most of it has to do with the current COVID situation.  We've lost drivers in markets for two weeks due to COVID quarantine. The problem is that they are still measured on marking packages as delivered so their numbers don't drop below 90% which is why you'll see in the system that it was delivered only to have it show up next day.

No doubt, a challenging environment at the minute. That said, gaming the system and causing your customers aggravation is not good business. Be truthful. I would much rather have the package arrive late or have the delivery date pushed back, then make me think the package was actually delivered and now is either lost or stolen. I'll add, this especially true in markets were issues with porch pirates are common.

Edited by TheBear95
  • Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

Such great service from Callaway Pre-0wned!  Kudos to them.

I had a similar situation to yours back in December.  I won a giveaway here on GolfWRX for a set of three Cleveland CBX2 wedges.  Knusdson81 did a fantastic job sending them out to me the same day I was notified that I won.  UPS delivered them to my front door in 3 days, and I got them off my porch within 20 minutes of them being delivered.  I found the box damaged (the top was torn open and the 54* wedge was missing from the box.  I filed a claim with UPS, sent pictures of the damaged box, provided shipper info, proved value of item, the whole nine yards. UPS updated the status of the claim to "checking with shipper" within a day, and there the claim has sat since then.  No movement at all.  Knudson told me UPS never contacted him, and since I am not the shipper, there was nothing more I could do.  At least in my case, I wasn't out any of my own money, and I am thankful that I got 2 of the wedges I won, but it certainly is frustrating when you're looking forward to getting new gear, and something prevents that from happening.  I can relate.

I hope the replacement CPO sends you is everything you hope, and that you roll it well.  Good luck.

Edited by Dave2603
grammar

I had the same "In Transit to Next Facility" issue with a USPS delivery of a new shaft, and a separate package for some masks ... shipped from the vendor quickly, but then into the abyss and 2+ weeks for delivery ... for me it was always from vendors in California, so given the option I stopped buying from California vendors.  I'd be interested to know if others have seen this, or whether it's wide-spread?  I've gotten packages from Ohio, Illinois, East Coast and no similar issues.  

I am not certain on USPS or FedEx but with UPS you can have your package delivered to many locations that serve as drop boxes.UPS Stores, CVS pharmacies and more. A bit inconvenient but better than losing items as described in this thread.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Update: just received my replacement toulon garage Madison from CPO. They sent one to replace the one that was stolen off my porch. 

Once again, fantastic customer service and going above and beyond to replace. Still impressed by that. 

To my surprise, they were able to send out the same specs garage Madison. Rolled it today and really like it so far. No indication of the customs on the descriptions so was quite a gamble. Came in with no sight line, just a naked rose gold. Never played a naked putter before but first day out on the putting green it worked better than I could have hoped. May be something with not worrying about where the line is, just use the face and visualize the line in my head and roll it. 

Came with a ss mid slim 2.0. which is not my preferred but once again the results were eye opening. Killed a lot of the feel but distance control, aim, etc was right on. 

All that said, CPO has a customer in me and I will continue to promote them to others looking for value. 

17 hours ago, Krosch3 said:

Update: just received my replacement toulon garage Madison from CPO. They sent one to replace the one that was stolen off my porch. 

Once again, fantastic customer service and going above and beyond to replace. Still impressed by that. 

To my surprise, they were able to send out the same specs garage Madison. Rolled it today and really like it so far. No indication of the customs on the descriptions so was quite a gamble. Came in with no sight line, just a naked rose gold. Never played a naked putter before but first day out on the putting green it worked better than I could have hoped. May be something with not worrying about where the line is, just use the face and visualize the line in my head and roll it. 

Came with a ss mid slim 2.0. which is not my preferred but once again the results were eye opening. Killed a lot of the feel but distance control, aim, etc was right on. 

All that said, CPO has a customer in me and I will continue to promote them to others looking for value. 

Glad to hear they took care of you and try the naked putter!! I use naked or dot only. Really helps cut down the distractions at least for me and focus on the putt at hand!

Titleist TSR2 10° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 15° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 19° KBS Tour Hybrid Proto

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT