Professional Long Drive Lives On!

mr. berkshire has this to say in a comment pinned at the top of the video:

Hey guys! I wanted to fill you in on what’s been going on in the world of long drive this year. The pandemic has put the sport in a very tough spot. We had our season cancelled as well as the world championship. With no tour to speak of, and no events to compete in, my coach and my fellow long drivers have organized a series of events at our grid in North Carolina. I know a lot of people enjoy watching long drive, and the athletes in this sport deserve to have their talents showcased, so I thought a great platform to show their abilities would be on YouTube. All revenue generated from videos of this long drive series will go into the PLDA (professional long drivers association) to help fund improvements in the infrastructure of the organization, improve purses for the players, and improve the quality of content we are able to deliver to you guys. We are open to any suggestions on how the viewing experience can be improved. Thank you all very much for helping to support the sport of long drive during these tough times!

let's help keep long drive alive by watching and supporting. share this video with your friends!

• Like 3

callaway big bertha alpha 815 DBD 8*, 70g diamana d+ x
TEE CB4 13* 3w, 80g diamana a'hina x
mizuno mp5 3-p, c-taper 130g
mizuno t7 50/55/60, c-taper 130g

SC bullseye platinum flange

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mr. berkshire has this to say in a comment pinned at the top of the video:     let's help keep long drive alive by watching and supporting. share this video with your friends!

Awesome! I'll check it out.

Watched a few of these videos without realizing the context (Berkshire's videos are always in my recommended feed for some reason ?)   I'm mostly surprised at how narrow the landing area see

Awesome! I'll check it out.

• Like 1

As of 6/5/20

9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110

13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha 

18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400

6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0

50, 54, 60 Vokeys

Tank Counter Balance #7 

Watched a few of these videos without realizing the context (Berkshire's videos are always in my recommended feed for some reason ?)

I'm mostly surprised at how narrow the landing area seems for these guys. I'm sure it's like 40 yards wide or something generally quite large, but at the distances these guys are hitting most were having a hard time getting anything to stay inbounds. Some monster drives did not count because they barely missed the fairway.

Only issue I had with these videos was the lack of an angle from down the fairway. Would have been cool to see the rollout on some of the drives. Completely understand though that it's going to be a limited experience with these guys doing the filming themselves.

• Like 1

Taylormade SIM 9* (@ 7.5*), Hzrdus Smoke Black 75X

Taylormade SIM Max 15*, Hzrdus Smoke Black 85X

Ping G25 17*, Ping TFC 189H Tour X-flex

Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW, DG X100

Cleveland RTX3 50, 54, 60, DG X100

SC Newport 2 Select, UST Mamiya FF Composite Shaft

Srixon Z-Star XV

3 minutes ago, evolvingwildes said:

Watched a few of these videos without realizing the context (Berkshire's videos are always in my recommended feed for some reason ?)

I'm mostly surprised at how narrow the landing area seems for these guys. I'm sure it's like 40 yards wide or something generally quite large, but at the distances these guys are hitting most were having a hard time getting anything to stay inbounds. Some monster drives did not count because they barely missed the fairway.

Only issue I had with these videos was the lack of an angle from down the fairway. Would have been cool to see the rollout on some of the drives. Completely understand though that it's going to be a limited experience with these guys doing the filming themselves.

40 yards is narrower than what i've seen in previous events. 

i also miss seeing the ball roll out. perhaps they can line up some sponsors to help with production?

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2020 at 7:02 AM, CROCN said:

Is there an old guy division for us over 45?

Would like to start up a local TX LD event for all the big hitters in Texas. I live in Bryan-College Station so would like to host an event if possible at the A&M Campus Course?  How many of you would be interested?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, CROCN said:

Would like to start up a local TX LD event for all the big hitters in Texas. I live in Bryan-College Station so would like to host an event if possible at the A&M Campus Course?  How many of you would be interested?

i would be interested in watching some fellow WRX'rs do this!! make it happen!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hoselpalooza said:

i would be interested in watching some fellow WRX'rs do this!! make it happen!

Maybe we could host a LD comp with a golf tournament afterwards?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, CROCN said:

Maybe we could host a LD comp with a golf tournament afterwards?

despite the way i look i've still got more than a few years before reaching that magical 45 number. i'm also in CO now. 😜

but i fully encourage you to round up some TX troops to get this going!! would be amazing to see you put on an event out there!!

Edited by hoselpalooza
words
  • Thanks 1