NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

Will the following enhance my chances to go 3-0 the first week in this deal? Absolutely not as the following has nothing to do with prognosticating. 

Yet I thought I would share the following golf accomplishment that I achieved yesterday on the course in dreary drizzling conditions.

I play this course about 4 times a year. The track has the longest hole in the greater Asheville area. It is a narrow hole with banks and creeks a plenty.

I finally obtained a "circled" 5 on the scorecard on #17.

(full disclosure that touch is a grade A short knocker, and the hole does play downhill) 

All of a driver, smoked 3 wood, nutted 5 wood, and then a PW to 5 feet and drained it. The birdie gave me a one shot lead heading into the final hole. A par on 18 was enough for a one shot victory against the regular dudes I play with weekly. The commish was soaked at the end of the round yet he was victorious.  

"I'm touch and I'm a golf addict. Thanks for letting me share!" 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

WEEK  1   Lines for Picks

Thursday Night

Houston    at   K.C.  -9 ..................... 54 1/2 

Sunday 

Miami     at     New England  -6 ............. 43

Cleveland  at  Baltimore  -8 .................. 48 1/2 

NY Jets  at  Buffalo -6 .................... 40

Las Vegas -2 1/2  at  Carolina .......... 47

Seattle -1   at   Atlanta ................. 49

Philadelphia -6    at   Washington ............... 43

Chicago    at   Detroit -2 1/2 .................44

Indy -7 1/2     at    Jacksonville .............. 45

Green Bay   at   Minnesota -3  ............... 46

LA Chargers -3 1/2    at    Cincinnati ......... 44

Arizona   at   San Fran -7   ................... 47 

Tampa Bay   at   New Orleans -3 1/2 .............. 49

Dallas - 2 1/2   at  LA Rams ................. 51 1/2 

Monday Night

Pittsburgh -4    at   NY Giants ............... 48

Tennessee    at   Denver -2 ................. 42 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, touch said:

Will the following enhance my chances to go 3-0 the first week in this deal? Absolutely not as the following has nothing to do with prognosticating. 

Yet I thought I would share the following golf accomplishment that I achieved yesterday on the course in dreary drizzling conditions.

I play this course about 4 times a year. The track has the longest hole in the greater Asheville area. It is a narrow hole with banks and creeks a plenty.

I finally obtained a "circled" 5 on the scorecard on #17.

(full disclosure that touch is a grade A short knocker, and the hole does play downhill) 

All of a driver, smoked 3 wood, nutted 5 wood, and then a PW to 5 feet and drained it. The birdie gave me a one shot lead heading into the final hole. A par on 18 was enough for a one shot victory against the regular dudes I play with weekly. The commish was soaked at the end of the round yet he was victorious.  

"I'm touch and I'm a golf addict. Thanks for letting me share!" 

par 6.jpg

blck my golf .jpg

Was this post sponsored by Byron?

• Like 2

On 9/1/2020 at 6:51 PM, touch said:

WEEK  1   Lines for Picks

Thursday Night

Houston    at   K.C.  -9 ..................... 54 1/2 

Sunday 

Miami     at     New England  -6 ............. 43

Cleveland  at  Baltimore  -8 .................. 48 1/2 

NY Jets  at  Buffalo -6 .................... 40

Las Vegas -2 1/2  at  Carolina .......... 47

Seattle -1   at   Atlanta ................. 49

Philadelphia -6    at   Washington ............... 43

Chicago    at   Detroit -2 1/2 .................44

Indy -7 1/2     at    Jacksonville .............. 45

Green Bay   at   Minnesota -3  ............... 46

LA Chargers -3 1/2    at    Cincinnati ......... 44

Arizona   at   San Fran -7   ................... 47 

Tampa Bay   at   New Orleans -3 1/2 .............. 49

Dallas - 2 1/2   at  LA Rams ................. 51 1/2 

Monday Night

Pittsburgh -4    at   NY Giants ............... 48

Tennessee    at   Denver -2 ................. 42 

You may select either the side or the totals in making your 3 weekly Picks.

Good Evening, I am posting this from my parents house in Purcellville Va.  My Mom fell and broke her back and they can not afford 24 hour nurse care so I am staying here for the time being dealing with a pair of Parkinson's patients who can do little for themselves.  This after getting the daunted Covid from a young nephew who was visiting from Texas and did not believe the hype.  Flight to Russia denied.  I was able to get through the Covid with intense pain and no taste or smell but fever subsided after 4 days and dry cough after about a month.  Still can't smell anything which is a blessing when emptying the portable potty chair.  "Damn Mom! your poop really doesn't stink."  "I stand corrected once again."  

This was a great year for some of my stocks though.  Trying to swing to the cheerful side of life is not easy but here goes.

Thanks to Touch with some well timed phone calls and a thoughtful thread for football geeks like ourselves this life is not so bad after all.

Patience is a big time virtue which my wife and her family has taught me to practice even though my Italian temper can rear its ugly beast like head through the clouds of despair and make an untimely F Bomb clear the air but leave everyone in despair. However, as I age, I try to continue to learn about the virtues of obtaining knowledge and the joy of learning how to cope with "the kitchen sink" which always seems come my way.

I know what does this have to do with guys bantering about Tom Brady and the like, and our home town teams?  I just needed some space to do some literary ranting which brings me to week 1. Seattle at Atlanta is an intriguing matchup.  Both QB's are seasoned pro's with Russel Wilson able to make plays on the run and Matt Ryan who I think is extremely underrated can deliver dimes to two great receivers in Julio and Calvin.  It's Atlanta's home opener and their defense is supposed to be much improved. 

That said I can't bring myself to pick either team.  So I will take the under 49.  I think with limited scrimmages and practice the offenses might be a little rusty. Wilson and Ryan will be ok and the vet receivers will rack up yards but timing still is an issue and you give a defense an extra second on turf they can pressure both Qb's Pete Carroll will probably pound Chris Carson opening up air time for Russell to connect to Metcalf and Lockett.

Arizona has the dubious honor of going to S.F to play in their home opener. No fans could be good for Kyler Murray allowing him to navigate that snap count. I will take the Cardinals +7 in this one. I think S.F wins but does not cover. 

NOW for my Pick of the Week. One of my favorite teams of 2020.

I will take The Titans of Tennessee over Denver at Mile High  This is a bit risky because that air is thin and the Titans will be traveling across the country

But Derrick Henry is a beast.  Running backs who maul defenders are a beautiful thing to watch. I own more shares of Derrick Henry than any other player in fantasy drafts.

Got to go with those Titans of the Opry. Nashville Hot!

Seattle/Atlanta Under 49

Arizona +7 ..."this is crazy, this is crazy, I'm in deep" 

Tennessee +2 at Mile High  Oh Henry!

• Like 4

On 9/10/2020 at 1:10 PM, Qqq123xx said:

That Byron such a stand up straight shooter kinda guy. 

And Congrats Touch on the bird you long dong you. 

So I've been tagged a horn dog by Pete3 earlier in this thread and now the Qman goes long dong on me. Just what direction is this thread possibly going? ? As commish I must steer it back to the gridiron. 

Now way Jose Q. There is nothing noteworthy distance wise in my golf game, but I do thank ya for the tip of the cap on the bird. I do have a balanced finishes going for me following my 240 (max) yarders though , which is nice.

Rather than points for achievement in length, perhaps points for style is more my gig? 

lol 

NFL game one is in the books. We are underway gents! 

Thanks to all that jumped aboard this season.

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, CHuntsman said:

No way this cellar dweller was giving up.  Not even COVID could keep me away.  Hopefully the train hasn't left the station.  I'm in if there's an opening.

You are IN! 

I liked your post. Bring it on CHuntsman

• Like 1

7 hours ago, touch said:

So I've been tagged a horn dog by Pete3 earlier in this thread and now the Qman goes long dong on me. Just what direction is this thread possibly going? ? As commish I must steer it back to the gridiron. 

Now way Jose Q. There is nothing noteworthy distance wise in my golf game, but I do thank ya for the tip of the cap on the bird. I do have a balanced finishes going for me following my 240 (max) yarders though , which is nice.

Rather than points for achievement in length, perhaps points for style is more my gig? 

lol 

NFL game one is in the books. We are underway gents! 

Thanks to all that jumped aboard this season.

swing finish.jpg

Serious style points....like.....QQQQQQQQQQQ/10

• Thanks 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Everyone see the scheduled maintenance banner in red up top today? Get your picks in ( in you have not already) before Sunday's kick offs.

Thanks 

5 hours ago, highergr0und said:

Alright, 1st week picks.....

Ten + 2

Pitt -4

Philly -6

The reigning champ has spoken. Glad you are back this year HigherG

8 hours ago, doctoro said:

Any outsiders with a legit shot at a run?

I like Atlanta, Indy, Steelers if Ben stays upright which is a huge if.

I think Pittsburgh can beat Baltimore if they are at full health.

Patriots and Belichick might take a step back but if Cam finds his footing in the new offense watch out. James White could be a fixture in the short passing game like McCaffrey 

Redskins need a secondary to have an elite defense but their D Line could be in the top half of the league. Haskins will progress but they need more weapons

Bengals could challenge in some games. This Qb is for real. Give him time.  

Denver is Denver always challenging never succeeding, big teeth is a lousy GM

I am really rooting for Kirk Cousins because everyone seems to think he sucks.  I would not mind having him to build an offense around.  Vikings might need him more this year.

Out of the quagmire and reborn is the career of Phillip Rivers, I want to see him do well in Indy.  I like Frank Reich.

Jackonsville pulled the plug on T Coughlin and L Fournette. We shall see are they this years versions of Cleveland and most recently Miami Dolphins?

The Titans finished with a loud thunderous bang riding T Henry and the veteran leadership of the ex Dolphin R Tannehill.

Tampa Brady is now the darling of the NFL. All eyes on Brady and his two barreled arsenal of Mike Evans and Chris Godwin who could be the best pair of wr's in the league.

When you have a guy named Russell Wilson you are never out of it. Is Seattle going to overcome the coaching of Peter Caroll this year? The cheerleader who knows nothing about game management. Wilson is probably the most talented Qb in the NFC. I think Rodgers and Brees are on the downside of their careers but even on the downside still in the top tier. Dak Prescott and Stafford when healthy are two to always be in the conversation.  However, for the most underrated I would say Matt Ryan.

Kyler Murray will have a lot to prove this year with new addition D Hopkins. Not sure how I feel about Arizona.  That coach has done nothing to merit a job in the NFL.  He could be the next Steve Spurrier.  Kingsbury rules we shall see...

I think the two best rivalries might be renewed this year with the Eagles and the Cowboys  Holey Moley!  If Wentz and Sanders stay healthy watch out! Big offensive production from both teams.

Which Baker Mayfield is going to show up? The Brownies the darlings of 2018, his rookie year, when he stopped the winless streak I think it was with a tie...? I hope Odell can get out of his land of kink long enough to make some highlight reel catches this year.

Ravens will still win plenty of games and challenge for the title but I still think Steelers defense is special and their offense under Ben is much more potent.

Is Josh Allen due to be upgraded? Bills defense is good enough to be playoff ready.  Not too sure about Allen. Reminds me of that Nuke guy in Bull Durham.

The Panthers have a new QB, a comeback in the making? I loved watching Bridgewater with the Vikings I think he can do his own thing and be successful.

I have no clue what is going on with the San Something Chargers...decent receivers and tight end thats about all I know.

Rams lost too many pieces on defense and their O line is starting to age.  No more dominant run game puts more pressure on Goff and McVay to coach himself into relevance again.

DaBears! Above average defense but not much else until they put in Foles at 6-7 and he manages to get them into a wild card game and they sweep the playoffs on the road to be reunited with Andy Reid and a showdown with the Chiefs in the big dance.  Thats not happening.  But it's a story.

Jets!Jets! Jets!...I think they could be a dark horse.  You heard it here first.  I don't know why. I just feel like Brady leaving shook up the entire AFC East.

The Packers are sort of an enigma.  Arguably the most pure talent throwing, buying time, and creating plays when there is none. I know MaHomes is the new darling of the NFL and is a savior for the big play craved fans everywhere.  But Aaron Rodgers with his crap coaches has been stifled.  I do not think he has gotten to show his talent the way Brady was able to in New England.  Good coaches build with the strengths of their field general, not just a game plan based on their own offensive preferences.

That is my take for now.  Things might change after week 1 

Houston and KC was predictable so not much to say there.

Cheers!

I feel like the doctor is in. And this is great.

• Like 3

^ thanking you for my friend Pete3.

Pete the Doc is in once more! We are all indeed better throughout the season because of his contributions here. 

yes gifs Page 45 | WiffleGif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Less than 24 hours left before I cap the contest off. There are 5 spots still available for those wanting to join in this season long ( and into the playoffs) weekly pick 3 affair.

10 are on the board so far

Puttnforthe 8

Pete3

Qqq

doctoro

NCLancer

ACG8064

Jerebear

Chuntsman

Highergr0und

Commish 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qqq123xx said:

Groovy I'm sooooo ready for tomorrow got my junk food, booze, and other edibles all picked out. Luck everyone. 

Amy, Babs, and Krissy coming over to the man cave of the Q for game day as usual? Or is week 1 a solo mission? 

• Like 1

SUNDAY week 1 is Here!

Edited by touch

14 hours ago, touch said:

Amy, Babs, and Krissy coming over to the man cave of the Q for game day as usual? Or is week 1 a solo mission? 

Bambi and Tiffany. Babs got married to some rich dude. 

• Like 1

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

NO More entrants. 

There are 10 players this year. 

Puttnforthe 8

Pete3

Qqq

doctoro

NCLancer

ACG8064

Jerebear

Chuntsman

Highergr0und

touch

My first order of business is to bring attention to the two participants that started the contest off with a perfect 3-0 record.

Yup Mr. Q and Puttinforthe8 did just that. 

congratulations gif | funny gifs

Q had New England, New Orleans, and Seattle. He took 3 proven winning teams and they got it done for him. Congrats Q man! 

Puttin had K.C., New England, and Baltimore. The same can be said of those 3 teams as well. You too sir get a Congrats.

I was the only other player that had all 3 of his picks finish yesterday and the 'ol Commish posted a respectable 2-1. I had the Rams, Buffalo, and Phila.

Now losing the Philly pick was ok being that I'm a Washington fan. (cough) 

The other 7 players have action (picks involving) in one or both of tonight's contests.

Tomorrow the standings for week 1 and line selections for week 2 will be posted. 

Thanking you gents for playing along this season.

Are we not extremely glad the NFL is Back?  !!!!

commish 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am just happy to be here and we have football.  I had to come back to see what I actually picked.  I must have been off my rocker taking the under in Atlanta/Seattle.  Reading the hype about Atlanta's improved defense. No crowd means both Qb's can hear the snap count.  Russell Wilson is so underrated. Matty Ice needs a better cast on the other side of the ball.  Why did Atlanta give up on the run?  Gurley looked ok on the first drive. I still think Atlanta is better than they were yesterday.  Russell Wilson had the team humming out of the gate. Bolstered by a commitment to adjust on the fly. They ran at will, passed at will.  Hey how about those Kingsbury Kardinals!?  And How About those Washington Football Team's team!? Wow! That front 7 had Wentz throwing his hands up in the air begging for a play from the sidelines!  Thats my kinda football.  Haskins played bad in the first half but kept his head and was cheering the defense.  Thats what I call a new culture in Washington. Now that adults are in charge.  It's great to have football guys running the team.  Watching this defense and new Qb mature over the next few years will be a treat for WT fans! Hail to the WT in the House!

Edited by doctoro
  • Like 1

Well as fate would have it. The Lions are... well the Lions. what looked like a comeback for the team and a 2-0 start to the diseased riddled 2020 season was lost as quickly as it came. Well fellas I thought this year( like the many years before) would be different, but the Gridiron Gods needed someone to pick on and that will forever be the boys in Honolulu Blue.

The Washington Football Team( The Skins to me) surprised a couple people this week with a 27-17 Victory over the Philling Nothing but a Loss Sheagles. It is funny how last year the Skins blew a 17-0 lead the Sheagles only to have the same thing happen to them a year later. While we are at we might as well change the fight song to Cry Eagles Cry. Part of me wants the new Washington name to be the Bravehearts. After this week one victory where everyone wrote them off after their Name and Logo were stripped from ever being used again, making them the lone no name team in American professional sports outside of soccer clubs. The team thankfully, behind the fighting spirit of Riverboat Ron himself, said "They can take our name! They can take our logo! But they can't take our W's!" All jokes aside whatever was said at halftime must have been good to rally a team like that.

Mustache Minshew Mania is alive and well in Duuuuvall! Minshew was eating good from the newly relocated Philip Rivers bakery. That man is still feeding teams turnovers in a Colts uniform. Neil Armstrong said one small step for man, one giant step step for mankind. He just forgot about D Hop in the desert and man do funny things happen in the desert. Hopkins set a career high in receptions with a new quarterback, new coach, and a new offensive scheme.?1 Yup go ahead give that man a gold jacket now. Speaking of golden jackets, Aaron Rodgers woke up Sunday looked the Packers organization in the eye and said Good Morning Neighbor and proceed to teach us how an offense should be ran. 

Battle of the Birds as the man the myth the legend Russel Wilson took the Seattle Seachickens east to say  hello to the Atlanta Dirtybirds. I know Seattle is known for their defense with the Legion of Boom in recent years, but Russ is simple the man. It seems that every time he steps back to pass the circus music is queued up and magic happens. This year though is a little different. It looks like Russ now has some running mates in D.K. Metcalf, Chris Carson( when healthy) and old reliable himself Tyler Lockette to help get them back to the Super Bowl and who knows they may actually run the ball this time. Lamar and company kept the regular season win train moving right along as they stomped all over the Browns. Vegas took down what was an inspiring game from Bridgewater and boys.

We also had the number 1 draft pick making his NFL debut there in Cincy and he about Burrowed his and the Bengals way out of an L, if it had not been for a questionable OPI call against the now healthy AJ Green. From one OPI call to the next, and yes, I am looking at you Dallas. The L.A. Rams and their new fresh Sofi Stadium was able to feed the Cowgirls and baby Zeke an L to choke on.  And yes that PI call against Gallup against Ramsey in the dwindling moments of the game was eh questionable at best. 

All in all Football is back Baby!!! 

So here is to the Steelers beating the Giants capping off what has been an excellent weekend for a down and out Redskins fan.

23 Best Memes of Aaron Rodgers & the Green Bay Packers Getting Lucky  Against the Detroit Lions

Edited by [email protected]
  • Like 2

Philly had 17-0 lead and loses? Mystifying. 

Cam ran the ball to much. 17x to be exact. About 10 to many. He did get 75yds. Still way to much for first game. 

And Dallas.....

Liked the Rams unis color/scheme but those helmets suck. Helmet could use a lot more machismo, not arty world. 

Pats were up 14-3, two yards away from 21-3, till ball fumbled on field and thru end zone. Commishback. The fish, with a 30/40 yd PI, score, two point, and instead of 21-3 it is 14-11.  Celebratory cocktail cancelled. 

Brady tough first game. On road against Saints, even without crowd noise, is a seriously tough debut. Those were two really bad IT's. And Bucs made a ton of errors. They have a good team and Brady will be cranking soon. Look out for the Bucs. Bucs/Pats SB anyone ?????  ?????

• Like 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

It's what the commish does each year on the thread. Just because he is not down the road from me in Charlotte doesn't mean I won't carry on the tradition of posting his fine dapper ensembles that are donned for the post game podium speech.   He's a classic. She's a DIVA!  

Welcome to Beantown Scam.

Cam Newton After 1st Win as a New England Patriot | Postgame Press  Conference - YouTube

who wore it better?

National Society Sons and Daughters of Pilgrims | Vintage thanksgiving,  Thanksgiving pictures, Pilgrim

Cam as a fashionista says "one must be on point seasonally don't 'cha know!"

image.jpeg.4247e7bf06be281b886e101eeffdcd13.jpeg

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• touch changed the title to NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly