2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

Oh besides my mini rant on religions this afternoon and quoting your post greenone  (my southern baptist line was deleted. Another one gone as fast as the bush photo) I do know very well about how a Friday Fish Fry is a really popular thing, especially in the Upper Midwest. This Motor City boy remembers. Have some Ham's or Black Label in cans with that fried walleye Mr. Parsons. Funny though my favorite fishy thing back then was the Tendersweet Clams Platter at Howard Johnson's. Let's all go to the land's of the sky blue waters shall we? Pick one.....Wisconsin, Minnesota, or the Mitten.  

I can still hear this jingle playing from my AM radio at the cottage up north during summers.  Easy cool times. 

Vintage Carling black label beer can- pull tab style | eBayVintage Steel Beer Can Hamm's 12 oz B-9 | Etsy

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

On 3/3/2021 at 12:54 PM, greenemachine said:

HEY DOC

Season 4 Episode 13 GIF by The Office

Plus I know just about everyone round here is tired of my lame gifs, jokes no one understands, and sentences that could even outrun a Kenyan during a 3 day marathon. So what do you say? How about a little more action on the the thread, but most importantly on the links hitting some balls. Hell if you don't do what the commish wants then I am going to be his butler for next 8 to 10 months and there is only so many more blonde spikes I can take. Best of all it beats the hell out of doing laps at the mall in the winter. 

Oh man! I just saw this. 

This feed is like Twitter. Can’t keep up. 
I would love to return to the game as a matter of fact I am going to bring my clubs out to my parents and set up some type of practice station in the back yard. 
Caregiving is a labor of love, but also a chaotic walk through old people hell. My life is pure turmoil. But I am getting some help on Masters Sunday so I can resume my golf threesome with a couple of old buddies that go back to the infamous Borge Street days where we managed to play golf, work restaurants, gamble and frequent many bars and clubs which promoted the ladies drink very cheap nights. 

Re gripping the clubs is a must. The sad thing is a lot of the good local spots are drying up. Only the posh neighborhood clubs that charge over a c note to play.  I used to go to the local driving range to have them re gripped but now they tore that down and built some McMansions in its place.  “Why I tell ya!”  Because of my situation with my grieving last year and then Covid I never had a chance to reconnect, our last outing was 2019 when Touch graced the hallowed grounds of Augusta to see Tiger make his triumphant  return to Butler Cabin, that day was a great day to reconnect with old friends and then watch in the club house as a Tiger claimed the Green Jacket once again. 
I never would have dreamed that a little over a month later my wife would start feeling ill and eventually get diagnosed with stage 4 Cholangiocarcinoma 

I won’t elaborate on the details, but say it to make a point like Touch has been writing about in his love of the game threads, savor the moments spent doing the things you love whether it be golf or watching hockey or football. It can be anything. The best thing I can say,  Is the one I loved, and the one who loved me for all the baggage I brought to the table, got pleasure from my golf outings because she knew it made me happy. So I will definitely be out there soon, when the Masters rolls around I will be sure to post some pics. 
Thank you Larry for prompting me. I just didn’t see the original post.        

Bueller Bueller.” 

Edited by doctoro
  • Like 3

Doctoro has replied gents. It's in the above post that got messed up as a quoted post. But the message I was seeking from him is clear as day. Let us all give the doc a pat on the back as he is coming back to the game it sounds like. 

It made my Friday morning. 

Here is doctoro's post. I copied it to make it more convenient. 

You know fella as soon as you have removed the rust from your game I am driving up to play a few rounds with you.

Good times ahead my friend.

Welcome back.

Oh man! I just saw this. 

This feed is like Twitter. Can’t keep up. 
I would love to return to the game as a matter of fact I am going to bring my clubs out to my parents and set up some type of practice station in the back yard. 
Caregiving is a labor of love, but also a chaotic walk through old people hell. My life is pure turmoil. But I am getting some help on Masters Sunday so I can resume my golf threesome with a couple of old buddies that go back to the infamous Borge Street days where we managed to play golf, work restaurants, gamble and frequent many bars and clubs which promoted the ladies drink very cheap nights. 

Re gripping the clubs is a must. The sad thing is a lot of the good local spots are drying up. Only the posh neighborhood clubs that charge over a c note to play.  I used to go to the local driving range to have them re gripped but now they tore that down and built some McMansions in its place.  “Why I tell ya!”  Because of my situation with my grieving last year and then Covid I never had a chance to reconnect, our last outing was 2019 when Touch graced the hallowed grounds of Augusta to see Tiger make his triumphant  return to Butler Cabin, that day was a great day to reconnect with old friends and then watch in the club house as a Tiger claimed the Green Jacket once again. 
I never would have dreamed that a little over a month later my wife would start feeling ill and eventually get diagnosed with stage 4 Cholangiocarcinoma 

I won’t elaborate on the details, but say it to make a point like Touch has been writing about in his love of the game threads, savor the moments spent doing the things you love whether it be golf or watching hockey or football. It can be anything. The best thing I can say,  Is the one I loved, and the one who loved me for all the baggage I brought to the table, got pleasure from my golf outings because she knew it made me happy. So I will definitely be out there soon, when the Masters rolls around I will be sure to post some pics. 
Thank you Lawrence

for prompting me. I just didn’t see the original post.        

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, touch said:

Oh besides my mini rant on religions this afternoon and quoting your post greenone  (my southern baptist line was deleted. Another one gone as fast as the bush photo) I do know very well about how a Friday Fish Fry is a really popular thing, especially in the Upper Midwest. This Motor City boy remembers. Have some Ham's or Black Label in cans with that fried walleye Mr. Parsons. Funny though my favorite fishy thing back then was the Tendersweet Clams Platter at Howard Johnson's. Let's all go to the land's of the sky blue waters shall we? Pick one.....Wisconsin, Minnesota, or the Mitten.  

I can still hear this jingle playing from my AM radio at the cottage up north during summers.  Easy cool times. 

Vintage Carling black label beer can- pull tab style | eBayVintage Steel Beer Can Hamm's 12 oz B-9 | Etsy

Commish you saying your post "got waxed" because as soon as it was visible, it was gone?

Did you give it the old 18 and you out treatment? You know as soon as it is grown, it was gone?

Or are you saying your post may have "shaped up", "took a little bit off the edges" so to speak? Could you say it was something like: 

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, touch said:

Wonder why Mountain Dude didn't strap a couple kegs on Yogi ?

• Haha 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

7 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

Wonder why Mountain Dude didn't strap a couple kegs on Yogi ?

And does Yogi just obey a command to stay out front of the bar when woodsy goes in to get lit? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, touch said:

And does Yogi just obey a command to stay out front of the bar when woodsy goes in to get lit? 

Or at least if no beer then MM should at least get a ride from Yogi. 

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Not one to post via mobile but am now. I thought I'd announce that the crowds' demand will be met. I currently am out breaking in a new gap wedge. Same model just new. It needs introducing to dirt .

So it's short game practice for touch after work.

When I return home I will finally write it after dinner.

The story of how it ended with The Pea from Youngstown , OH.

I've sad it before that it contains a happening which caused me embarrassment to a severe degree.

Got to have touch around the greens in this game. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, greenemachine said:

Commish you saying your post "got waxed" because as soon as it was visible, it was gone?

Did you give it the old 18 and you out treatment? You know as soon as it is grown, it was gone?

Or are you saying your post may have "shaped up", "took a little bit off the edges" so to speak? Could you say it was something like: 

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

What a country!  

image.jpeg.0b003e944302e1c6b18a125493364745.jpeg

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, greenemachine said:

Commish in the neighborhood like he about to be Chris Hanson's next guest on "To Catch a Predator" 

Commish in the neighborhood getting lost and getting asked "Sir, where is your nurse?"

Commish in the neighborhood doing his best "Dazed and Confused" impersonation, "you know what I like about high school girls"

Commish in the neighborhood collecting cans from people's recycling so he can get him another pack of smokes 

Commish in the neighborhood on "Mission" passing out pamphlets, telling people about the "Good Word" 

Commish in the neighborhood asking people if they have copper pipes or copper wiring and when they would be away for a while  

Commish in the neighborhood telling his neighbor he is very popular on the Eastside and that his nickname there is "tug boat", then points to his ponytail when asked why

Commish in the neighborhood looking for cougars after he heard a couple escaped from the nearby zoo

Commish in the neighborhood explaining "back in Nam" he had seen some things... and some stuff

Commish in the neighborhood trying not to get caught watching Babs, in her leotard and leg warmers, doing her aerobic exercises

Commish in the neighborhood casually walking by the police after Babs called the cops for a peeping Tom 

Commish in the neighborhood re-selling girl scout cookies at a "wholesale price" 

Commish in the neighborhood wishing he hadn't gotten rid of the shaggin' wagon he had down by the beach 

Commish in the neighborhood looking like he just got down role playing Legolas at the local Renaissance fair 

Commish in the neighborhood looking over at the skater kids saying to himself "I could totally do a kickflip" 

Commish in the neighborhood getting ready for adult softball league practice

Commish in the neighborhood, after a one night stand,  heads back to the house on his Walk of Shame

Commish in the neighborhood about to go over to Whole Foods to get some signatures for the "save the park" petition 

Commish in the neighborhood going door to door trying to sell his handmade bracelets and shell necklaces   

This guy never disappoints. Nice work green. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, doctoro said:

What a country!  

image.jpeg.0b003e944302e1c6b18a125493364745.jpeg

It appears that the bush material has staying power around here. Ugh says P3P ...........logs off!   😝

I bet I can add a few as the finale from commish. 

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

How Long Since Date Funny Birthday Greeting Card | Cards | Birthday quotes  funny for her, Birthday greetings funny, Birthday quotes funny

• Haha 2

Birthday Card - Brazilians Are Out

Edited by touch
  • Haha 3

Arnold Palmer Invitational            Picks

jerebear (+19)                   Spieth                     Reed                      Rory 

commish (+3)                   Spieth                     Fowler                    Dufner

Pete3putt( +11)                Dahmen                  Fitzpatrick              Na 

greenmchn(+14)              Hatton                    Molinari                  Hovland

Qqq (0)                             McIlroy                   Leishman               Hovland 

puttinf8(+9)                     McIlroy                   Fleetwood              Na

chuntsman(+31)              Hatton                    Matsuyama            Im

NCLancer (+11)               Fleetwood              Leishman               Reed

doctoro (+8)                    McIlroy                   Fleetwood              Fitzpatrick

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Standings  week 3 complete 

chuntsman                                  +31

Jerebear                                      +19

highergr0und                              +14

greenmachine                             +14

NCLancer                                    +11

pete3putt                                    +11

puttinfort8                                   +9

doctoro                                        +8

touch                                            +3

Qqq                                               0 

I am keeping the laughs a coming. I give you our better halves.

Edited by touch

Mrs. NCL

Birthday Card - Have You Seen My Golf Clubs?

• Haha 3

Mrs. greenmachine

Birthday Card - If Only

• Haha 3

Mrs. Pete 

Roger's Staying in Dave Funny Birthday Greeting Card Fernz Humour Cards

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mrs. Q

Graham Birdwatching Funny Birthday Greeting Card Fernz Humour Cards

• Haha 2

Mrs. Commish

Sunbathe Topless Funny Birthday Greeting Card Fernz Humour Cards:  Amazon.co.uk: Office Products

• Haha 3

I'm going up to the bar and buying myself a shot. This is the first week all 3 of my players made the cut. It's probably a happy dinner tonight for chef and his 3 horses down in Orlando.

Cheers for commish our basement dweller. 

• Like 1

Next Week at the Players it's Double Points! 

If one of your picks misses the cut it's -6 points. Choose carefully.

Nine things to know about TPC Sawgrass

• Like 3

So I broke her in. Maybe I should scrape the face and add it to my Maison Butter? 😅 I started playing Cleveland wedges going back to the early 90's. Raw 588's in 56 and 60 degree and the many models that followed. Three years ago at a demo day I picked up of all things a PING wedge. It was impresssed.  Some nice forgiveness there with a little miss off dead center. A lighter and a tad livelier stock shaft. PiNG Black dot standard is what fits me, and mostly they possessed serious spin when needed. I left Cleveland right there. Each new year I replace my 3 wedges. It is getting real hard to find new condition Glide 2.0 wedges online. I bet 2022 will be the last year I can scrounge up a three pack of minty ones. Well my gap was the last to get replaced over the past month. I had to settle for the black finish for the first time. I prefer the satin silver. I practice and play a good bit so have to be featuring new grooves each spring. Gotta have the BITE when needed. I tell ya if I didn't have my wedge game there would be no way I could stay an upper single digit. I'm too lose in the parts before reaching the green. 

I enjoy practicing the short game and do it frequently.  Heck the putter and short game are half of our strokes out there fellas. If you have the time and patience, practice pitches and chips. Know your distances, heights, run outs, and degrees of spin. 

It will pay off handsomely. 

Hey commish this is not the thread for PING Glide 2.0 reviews. Get your a** back to tossing up the Pea story.

oh yeah

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Tonight's story is fueled by 

Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc | Vivino

and it's creativity enhanced by these songs through the headphones

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

So occasionally after dinner service I would go up a floor to the rotating Sky Bar Lounge. The view of Washington was special up there. I liked to check out the crowd and unwind with a quick sip. It was a typical corporate travelers hotel bar. Cheesy Dj and gay lights. One night I looked across the lounge and saw a tiny mega cutie that was beaming amazing energy. I asked the bar manger who was the new cocktail lassie?  Oh that is Mary, she's new in town from Ohio. I started a relationship with the Pea from that night on. It lasted for a few years. Mary came from a family where everyone worked for an auto manufacturer supplier of some kind or at the Lordstown GM Assembly line itself. She was having none of that hard blue collar existence. She fled that rust belt factory town with very little in material possessions. The Pea was so determined to escape Youngstown, and just knew she would make it in DC.  Mary was 5 foot 2,  85 pounds and 100 % Italian. The L was in for a wild ride.     

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic