Qqq                                                      +1 

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

4 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

I still have the photo. It’s tucked away in my phone. 10 beers won’t pry it from me, at least 18

Oh you are still here. I'm once again the only audience member. And you are compelled in reading my story aren't you Montana man?

• Like 1

One more glass of the New Zealand grapes, two more puffs of the herb and I'll put a wrap on this story. I told you it would be a long night for me.

I just have always sought out petite females who were kind of spicy.  For example this New Yorker.

growl

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Qqq123xx said:

Well played Q. 

• Thanks 1

So I knew Pope. A fine Bahamian man who ran a very trusted and successful Auto Body shop in Fairfax County. I a few years earlier was t-boned leaving work by a drunk 19 year old girl while I was driving home from work one evening. Pope put that Nissan back together for me. I was very happy with his shops work.  I had to relive what happened to my Toyota when I first met Pope at the shop. Yes it was a crazy ex girlfriend that made that mess. I knew I was in good hands with his business. It took many weeks. Remember I told you I wanted a Mitsubishi Starion in the baddest way? Well I looked at them occasionally at the Mitsubishi dealer nearby. The color I wanted to have my Starion in was their electric medium blue. I told Pope to source whatever paint that was known as Baltic Blue by Mitsubishi for 1987 and paint my MR 2 in exactly that.  It came out looking fresh. It came out looking better than the stock black color. It came out with a great paint job by Pope. It was now in my favorite color blue. It carried on well for me for years to come. I told you I put over 200k miles on that fun car. 

So I guess you could say I got a sliver of a Starion out of that depressing deal somehow!  

my actual MR 2 after it's corrective surgery.     the one that once got the unexpected acid bath

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

So I'm headed to buy some wine a few days back and as I pull into the corner area where I always park I see this creature. Well it's indeed an 87 MR2,

commish knows his model years of first generation Two's

Is that the Carolina Hunting Man's green you are featuring there fella? 

That rear window shade is so strong and the Toyota logo is still clear after 33 years. I was always amazed at that pieces' durability. They look great after decades being outside. Amazing quality. 

But no thanks to your Redneck edition MR 2. Carolina boy.  Make mine blue.  

Life is funny ...

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

That was some story Commish. Glad it had a very good ending. Needless to say guess the Pea was gone with the wind?

No stay tuned. That will not be the case. I have a proper conclusion fortunately regarding the Pea. It is true and honest as well.

Stay tuned Q man. Though worn out from typing I will close the book on the Pea with a Pea Today update.

And thank you for the comment Q..

• Like 2

Edited by touch
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, touch said:

No stay tuned. That will not be the case. I have a proper conclusion fortunately regarding the Pea. It is true and honest as well.

Stay tuned Q man. Though worn out from typing I will close the book on the Pea with a Pea Today update.

And thank you for the comment Q..

Your welcome. And I am out and pleasant dreams and fairways. 

• Like 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

I have a friend that is still in contact with Mary. They are friends on Facebook. Mary did get married to a man who invited her to grow his transportation company in the DC area. He was of Indian decent.  Mary and her husband had two daughters. The corporate transportation company they owned did rather well. It is very sad that I also learned that the Pea's husband was killed in a traffic accident driving to work one morning. Mary was left a single mother and the sole owner of the company. She is a great mother I bet and I hope she was able to adjust and go on. 

She was a charmer that Pea. 

My relationship with her was quite the wild ride. 

May be an image of 4 people and people smiling

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Standings       Week 4

chuntsman                                         +35

jerebear                                              +24

doctoro                                               +17

puttinfor8                                            +16

greenmchn                                          +13

pete3putt                                            +12

touch                                                   +10

NCLancer                                            +8

Qqq                                                      +1 

• Like 1

The Players                 week 5

Here is the field and other helpful stats.

double points this week

https://www.thelines.com/the-players-championship-odds-pga-tour-2021/

thanks Little Rascals for your contributions.

the band's bus is pulling into Ponte Vedra today. 

Ponte Vedra Beach Florida - Things to Do & Attractions in Ponte Vedra Beach  FL

• Like 1

Ahhhh the emotions brought up when thinking back on past loves.

Out the door I go .............  it's GOLF TIME!    

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

On 3/6/2021 at 7:09 PM, doctoro said:

I wonder how Brady would have done against the Tampa Bay defense and those great New England defenses?  I am not saying Brady doesn't deserve his credit, just throwing out some tasty nugs for all to enjoy.  Brady is a great Qb no doubt. But we all tend to over hype him because of the rings. I think Dan Marino was a great QB and he never won a ring. That doesn't make him any less great. But his team was mediocre on the field. But if you watch guys like Marino, Favre, Namath, Kenny Stabler, they were gunslingers not afraid to let it rip! So much fun to watch.  Brady is death by a thousand paper cuts QB and always knew if he messed up which he did often, his defense would bail him out. Atlanta Super Bowl, Seattle Super Bowl two games he played ok in but James White and the defense won it for them. Julian Edelman, Gronk, Wes Welker were his main squeezes and they hardly went downfield.

Yea gunslingers are fun to watch, yea gunslingers make the games more interesting, yea gunslingers get a better rep for betting the better QB, but the oversighted fact that is commonly missed is game manger role. I think the long lost art form of the quarterback position is the "game manager" label. People forget or hate it when analyzing QB's because it is "boring" and "nobody likes a dink and dunk QB". Well I got news for those people game managers when more championships then gunslingers. This past super bowl was a prime example of this. Patrick Mahomes (MVP caliber QB) is a gunslinger and very good at it too, but when compared to Brady who is of that traditional, "stand in the pocket and throw" mold never stood a chance. Sure one could easily look at the Bucs D as the reason for the spotty performance by the young gunslinger, however if you look a little closer at the basic rules on how the game is played "dink and dunk" QB's can also play defense. By this I mean if the opposing QB( Patrick Mahomes) is not on the field the likely hood of the Chiefs scoring is slim to none because they don't possess the ball. So by contrast, possessing the ball, Brady and the Bucs were able to do 1 of 3 things: 1. Have the better probability of scoring by being on offense. 2. Prevent the opposing team from scoring with possession of the ball. 3. Simply run the clock the out. Number 3 is largely underrated because it is so boring to watch. Being a game manager also means you don't turn the ball over in critical situation i.e. 2 minutes to the half or in the game, first possession of the game and/ or of the second half, turnovers on your side of the 50, turnover on consecutive drives, etc. Going back to the Super Bowl example just because you have a better defense doesn't mean your QB is not as good as the one on the other sideline. So as long as Brady, in this case, doesn't turn the ball over again and again, but instead drives and eats away the clock or punts the ball in order to "see another down" it really isn't all bad. I know, I know QB's get called out for not scoring or better yet not scoring enough but at the end of the day would you rather have Brady who can manage the game and most likely granted you that sweet W? Or would you rather have a gunslinger like Mahomes who greatly depends on his talent and teammates to provide scoring and when that doesn't happen the L does? Players like Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, James White, Gronk, Dion Branch have always been solid options in moving the sticks for scores. They are versatile, fearless, and most importantly they know how to block. Your "highlight reel" guys haven't a clue what that is or what it does. They are just focused in on trying to make the big play at any cost and sometime that cost is too high to pay. 

Really too you could go back to Brady's first Super Bowl against the Panthers. And I bet you can guess what he did then as he as done so many times after. Yup, that's right he managed the game with the "dinks and the dunks" and was able to drive the field to put Vinatari in good field position to knock through the winning 3 points. The game is won with consistency not "flash in the pan" lightning plays. 60 minutes is a long time, football is a team game, the secret is managing both sides to exploits the opposing team's weakness. Easy to learn, hard to master and I think Brady's 7 rings speaks for this and itself when it comes to styles and who is the greatest QB's to play the game.

Lastly, both examples given with the Seattle New England Super Bowl as well as the Atlanta New England game clearly display the above. Russell Wilson (Hall of Fame gunslinger) and actually with a very good defense depended on his arm and athleticism to make the final score but really he and the coaches should have managed the game to where they were not dependent on the pass (12- 21, 247 2 TD 1 INT) and instead they should have activated "beast mode" (24 attempts for 102 4.25 AVG 31 Long). Yes, hindsight is 20/20 but sometimes getting "too cute" with trick plays or calling nontraditional plays in critical situations because you QB is a gunslinger hurts more time then not. Once more in Houston with Super Bowl LI, the Atlanta Falcons outscored the New England Patriots through 3 quarters but still lost the game? Matt Ryan (2nd ballot Hall of Fame QB) was slinging the pigskin around like a cook at a truck stop diner. Where he failed and yes the defense also was not closing the game. This game was lost with too many missed 3rd down conversations on Atlanta's side of the ball, whereas New England started converting and started scoring.

P.S. I wish I had some kickass stories to tell like the commish but I just have boring football breakdowns with a zillion typos. 😜

Edited by greenemachine
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, greenemachine said:

Yea gunslingers are fun to watch, yea gunslingers make the games more interesting, yea gunslingers get a better rep for betting the better QB, but the oversighted fact that is commonly missed is game manger role. I think the long lost art form of the quarterback position is the "game manager" label. People forget or hate it when analyzing QB's because it is "boring" and "nobody likes a dink and dunk QB". Well I got news for those people game managers when more championships then gunslingers. This past super bowl was a prime example of this. Patrick Mahomes (MVP caliber QB) is a gunslinger and very good at it too, but when compared to Brady who is of that traditional, "stand in the pocket and throw" mold never stood a chance. Sure one could easily look at the Bucs D as the reason for the spotty performance by the young gunslinger, however if you look a little closer at the basic rules on how the game is played "dink and dunk" QB's can also play defense. By this I mean if the opposing QB( Patrick Mahomes) is not on the field the likely hood of the Chiefs scoring is slim to none because they don't possess the ball. So by contrast, possessing the ball, Brady and the Bucs were able to do 1 of 3 things: 1. Have the better probability of scoring by being on offense. 2. Prevent the opposing team from scoring with possession of the ball. 3. Simply run the clock the out. Number 3 is largely underrated because it is so boring to watch. Being a game manager also means you don't turn the ball over in critical situation i.e. 2 minutes to the half or in the game, first possession of the game and/ or of the second half, turnovers on your side of the 50, turnover on consecutive drives, etc. Going back to the Super Bowl example just because you have a better defense doesn't mean your QB is not as good as the one other sideline. So as long as Brady, in this case, doesn't turn the ball over again and again, punting the ball in order to "see another down" really isn't all bad. I know, I know QB's get called out for not scoring or better yet not scoring enough but at the end of the day would you rather have Brady who can manage the game and most likely granted you that sweet W? Or would you rather have a gunslinger like Mahomes who greatly depends on his talent and teammates to provide scoring and when that doesn't happen the L does? Players like Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, James White, Gronk, Dion Branch have always been solid options in moving the sticks for scores. They are versatile, fearless, and most importantly they know how to block. Your "highlight reel" guys haven't a clue what that is or what it does. They are just focused in on trying to make the big play at any cost and sometime that cost is too high to pay. 

Really too you could go back to Brady's first Super Bowl against the Panthers. And I bet you can guess what he did then as he as done so many times after. Yup, that's right he managed the game with the "dinks and the dunks" and was able to drive the field to put Vinatari in good field position to knock through the winning 3 points. The game is won with consistency not "flash in the pan" lightning plays.  60 is a long time, football is a team game, the secret is managing both sides to exploits the opposing team's weakness. Easy to learn, hard to master and I think Brady's 7 rings speaks for this and itself when it comes to styles and who is the greatest QB's to play the game.

Lastly, both examples given with the Seattle New England Super Bowl as well as the Atlanta New England game clearly display the above. Russell Wilson (Hall of Fame gunslinger) and actually with a very good defense depended on his arm and athleticism to make the final score but really he and the coaches should have managed the game to where they were not dependent on the pass (12- 21, 247 2 TD 1 INT) and instead they should have activated "beast mode" (24 attempts for 102 4.25 AVG 31 Long). Yes, hindsight is 20/20 but sometimes getting "too cute" with trick plays or calling nontraditional plays in critical situations because you QB is a gunslinger hurts more time then not. Once more in Houston with Super Bowl LI, the Atlanta Falcons outscored the New England Patriots through 3 quarters but still lost the game? Matt Ryan (2nd ballot Hall of Fame QB) was slinging the pigskin around like a cook at a truck stop diner. Where he failed and yes the defense also was not closing the game. This game was lost with too many missed 3rd down conversations on Atlanta's side of the ball, whereas New England started converting and started scoring.

P.S. I wish I had some kickass stories to tell like the commish but I just have boring football breakdowns with a zillion typos. 😜

That's a fantastic synopsis of what a great QB can be. 

Matthew Stafford may be able to morph from "gunslinger" to "manager" with the LA Rams...am I crazy to think this? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NCLancer said:

That's a fantastic synopsis of what a great QB can be. 

Matthew Stafford may be able to morph from "gunslinger" to "manager" with the LA Rams...am I crazy to think this? 

Stafford is, at least in my opinion, a "forced hybrid". By this I mean Out of college and going to the Lions, a team that didn't posses any talent, at least "highlight reel" talent Stafford was a "game manager". Calvin Johnson, at the time (2009), was still unproven. The Lions nor the league knew what it had yet. Stafford being drafted 2 year after Johnson in 2009 played that role of manager until Calvin Johnson transformed into "Megatron". I would say then Matt Stafford started to develop into a "gunslinger". As in the example with Mahomes and Wilson all 3 are of baseball background and so it was only natural for Stafford to go the path of the "gunslinger" The other half of his hybrid role would develop late into Megatron's career. Realizing he solely couldn't go to Johnson every time in critical situations Stafford then began to see that he needed role players like Joique Bell, Golden Tate, Marvin Jones, Anquan Boldin, Reggie Bush, Brandon Pettigrew, Nate Burleson, and Javid Best. He and the Lions needed them to gain yards up the field. Essentially the role players were the engine that got the team into scoring position and Calvin was the NOS (the explosive play usually for a Touchdown) and Stafford saw this and that's why he is a league leader in 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives with 31 comebacks and 38 winning drives respectively. (6 seasons without Calvin Johnson) 

Now going out to the "City of Angles" under a new coaching regime with a quarterback whisperer in Sean McVay, plenty of receiver talent on the outside and in the middle, plus a decent run game I still see Stafford in that more or less "hybrid role" under center. Stafford is climbing  in age(33 years old) and will be less likely to put the laundry on the line and air it out every play butt given the weapons and opportunity along with the coaching styles of McVay I see Stafford making the intermediate throws (10-15 yards) more so then becoming the "game manager" and playing the "dink and dunk" game for 4 quarters. Think of Drew Brees of 5 or 6 years back or Peyton Manning when he was in Denver, that style of play of getting the ball out quick and short when needed (due to lack of mobility with age and blitzing defenses) and dropping dimes downfield when the defense least expects it or in critical 3rd down clutch situations. All in all Stafford will be a good fit there in L.A. when it is all said and done. He does tend to throw the "bad interception" every now and again and that does hurt the team most of the time but like with age I think Stafford has realized he can't just depend on 1 or even 2 sole receivers and has learned to "mange" the game more and more. 

Great question NCLancer!

Edited by greenemachine
  • Like 4

I have never been to Sawgrass, but I have heard it was built on a swamp.  Not the swamps of Jersey mind you, but baby I was born to run.  With this in mind, I am going strap my hands cross these engines and ride it to another mid-level finish.  I never saw Bruce in concert, and now I am kicking myself, what an entertainer.  I bet he still absolutely brings it, but he is a little older than he was a little while ago.  Weird how that works.

So who would a guy want to be fighting for him in the swamp?  I want bulldogs who won't be bullied by the tricked up BS'ery of the Players.  Give me my usual, Tony Finau.  I just think he gets it done, and darn it, I like him.  I also will pick Scottie Sheffler, why not?  He is a baller from way back in 2020.  And lastly, the fiery spaniard, Jon Rahm.  Clearly I like the guys with short backswings.

Alternate, Paul Casey.

Hope all works out for P3P this week.  It has been a struggle to dial into the next winner.

• Like 3

commish's picks

Cantlay

Fitzpatrick 

Hatton 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Players point system

winner          +20

top 5             +10

top 10            +6

top 20            +4

Made cut       +2

Missed cut     -6

• Like 1

Players Championship                          Week 5       Picks 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

greenmachine (+13)     Garcia                  Simpson                 Rose

pete3putt (+12)             Finau                   Sheffler                  Rahm

puttinfor8 (+16)          Si W Kim                Matsuyama             Im 

touch (+10)                    Cantlay               Fitzpatrick              Hatton

• Like 1

• Like 2

Fellas it was a warm sunny day for my 27 holes yesterday down in Lindsay Graham Land. The only club in the bag that emitted consistency all day was the driver. Approach shots out there were quite sub par. Did not get the few birdie attempts fall and offset the 2 doubles and other bogeys. There were a handful of Pete 3 whacks spied in commish's game as well. 82 for the round and 4 over for the bonus 9. I played until dark and had a great time with my buddies. Let's see what today brings this afternoon at CC of AVL. Maybe the iron came will be improved and more greens will be hit in regulation. 

You go back, Jack, do it again, wheel turnin' 'round and 'round
You go back, Jack, do it again

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic