2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

Players Championship                          Week 5       Picks 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

greenmachine (+13)     Garcia                  Simpson                 Rose

pete3putt (+12)             Finau                   Sheffler                  Rahm

puttinfor8 (+16)          Si W Kim                Matsuyama             Im 

touch (+10)                    Cantlay               Fitzpatrick              Hatton

doctoro(+17)                McIlroy                 Reed                       Rahm

jerebear(+24)               McIlroy                 Reed                       Spieth

NCLanc(+8)                 Cantlay                 Reed                       Simpson

chuntsmn(+35)            Cantlay                 Reed                      Finau

Standings       Week 4

chuntsman                                         +35

jerebear                                              +24

doctoro                                               +17

puttinfor8                                            +16

greenmchn                                          +13

pete3putt                                            +12

touch                                                   +10

NCLancer                                            +8

Qqq                                                      +1 

Edited by touch

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

21 minutes ago, CHuntsman said:

Good morning from Fernandina Beach Florida!!

j

Our man hunt gets around!   nice sunrise right there.   Seeing some Player's this week? 

Well Here we go...Pete Dye's Masterpiece...so far I don't see any DJ. Had a bad week with the putter. But still ranked number 1 Had a top ten finish for the first time in 2019. 

DeChambeau is on fire and has ungodly length but he's coming off an emotional win at Bay Hill

Spieth is catching fire and his short game is doing it for him again!

JT and Spieth both have big issues with the tee ball. Water lurks everywhere on this course.

Older players like Westwood,Sergio, and Furyk could fare well here. Give me Jodie Mudd in 1990 and a repeat of Players Tourneys of the 80's. Lee Trevino won it the year I graduated in 1980! Fred Couples in 84 and Mr Beer goggles Tom Kite in 89! image.png.607973f1587fb575e6f2a870902ebf3e.png

The European Invasion was evident at Bay Hill minus Bryson we had many of Euros on the leaderboard. Hovland, Fitzmagic, Casey, Westwood,Rory, Molinari, Fleetwood,Oosthuizen,Rose,Rahm,Garcia and Stenson, I am sure I left some out. But it's no wonder we can't win a Ryder Cup

This tournament is a pure crap shoot. So much water that you could have a great round undone just like that, or you could eagle 16 and get hot on the Poa Anna greens and post a big round long ballers still need to navigate water and those greens. Short game wizards still need to stay dry off the tee.

This is why I am fading the hot Spieth and the long man DeChambeau.

For some reason I am feeling Jon Rahm might do well, and Patrick Reed will bounce back. This seems like a course for him. I would love to take JT here on my buy low theory but he's spraying his tee shots. I am willing to bet he got that worked out over the last week. But not taking him with all that water.  This course seems to have Rory's name on it so 

Give me Rory,Rahm,Reed...Roy Rodgers New Triple R Bar Burgers Chomp!

• Like 3

Commish got me thinking since there are some Ice Kings on this thread that enjoys some blue line clappers, butterfly saves and sick mitts with wicked wristers and so I though it might be a good idea to start such a thread. A NHL pick 5 if you will with the competition running something like...

Get ready for some Blue Line Clappers, Wicked Wristers, Toe Drag Flips of the Biscuit Action as we race to hoist Lord Stanley's Cup!

The rules are simple: 

1. Get 5 to 10 guys who wanna fire some biscuits 

2. Have those guys pick 5 NHL teams a week  to win. Can be the same team multiply times if they play during the week. Example: Pens over Ranger, Pens over Sabers, Pens over Sabers. Weeks are Sunday through Saturday with the schedule up each Sunday for the next week.  

3. Keep picking NHL teams through out the season into the playoffs all the way till the Cup is claimed 

4. Winner is determined at the end of the season with the best overall record 

5. In the event of a tie (you both lose, kidding) a tiebreaker will happen before the starting game of the Cup Final series in which everyone will pick the final score and how many games will be played with a "winning team in how many games" format. Example Chicago in 6. Final 3-1. 

Players are on a first come first serve basis, capping out at 10 players. Please add a comment on this thread if you would like to participate. 

Would any of you roughrider be the least bit interested in something like that?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, touch said:

Our man hunt gets around!   nice sunrise right there.   Seeing some Player's this week? 

Man I wish. Just an overnighter for work. I got in late last night but was able to get some fine seafood at The Rusty Pelican. I kept the brews to a  minimum so I could get up in time to catch the sunrise. It was quite chilly but very enjoyable. I made it back home (ATL) tonight. Tomorrow we hit the lake (Lanier) to find some off those 20lb striped bass!

The Players Championship:

1. Jon Rahm

2. Patrick Cantlay

3. Tony Finau

Edited by CHuntsman
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, greenemachine said:

Commish got me thinking since there are some Ice Kings on this thread that enjoys some blue line clappers, butterfly saves and sick mitts with wicked wristers and so I though it might be a good idea to start such a thread. A NHL pick 5 if you will with the competition running something like...

Get ready for some Blue Line Clappers, Wicked Wristers, Toe Drag Flips of the Biscuit Action as we race to hoist Lord Stanley's Cup!

The rules are simple: 

2. Have those guys pick 5 NHL teams a week  to win. Can be the same team multiply times if they play during the week. Example: Pens over Ranger, Pens over Sabers, Pens over Sabers. Weeks are Sunday through Saturday with the schedule up each Sunday for the next week.  

3. Keep picking NHL teams through out the season into the playoffs all the way till the Cup is claimed 

5. In the event of a tie (you both lose, kidding) a tiebreaker will happen before the starting game of the Cup Final series in which everyone will pick the final score and how many games will be played with a "winning team in how many games" format. Example Chicago in 6. Final 3-1. 

Players are on a first come first serve basis, capping out at 10 players. Please add a comment on this thread if you would like to participate. 

I will be honest. I am not sure I have the bandwidth for another pick em.  being out here in MT football is easy for a guy without cable bc it’s 24/7 talking about that silly game. I know so little about hockey other than the pens I don’t think I can do it. But, and make no mistake, I know you Nc boys play rollerblade hockey, there is nothing like ice hockey to play amd watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, greenemachine said:

The rules are simple: 

Sounds like fun but I have way to much on my plate right now. I am lucky to get any time to watch golf in my current living situation with caregiving. All I really follow is the Caps, and not to much else. I know the Sabres and Devils suck because that’s all the Caps seem to play lately. 
I don’t know a lick about teams in the central and west.  
But I will follow if you start a thread. I just can’t commit to making picks.  
Good Luck Green Machine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Players Championship         Week 5       Picks    Point Values Doubled 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pete3putt (+12)             Finau                   Sheffler                  Rahm

touch (+10)                    Cantlay               Fitzpatrick              Hatton

doctoro(+17)                McIlroy                 Reed                       Rahm

jerebear(+24)               McIlroy                 Reed                       Spieth

NCLanc(+8)                 Cantlay                 Reed                       Simpson

chuntsmn(+35)            Cantlay                 Reed                      Finau

Qqq (+1)                       DJ                         Halitosis                 Rahm 

Standings       Week 4

Edited by touch

Qqq (+1)                       DJ                         Halitosis                 Rahm 

On 3/8/2021 at 4:51 PM, Petethreeput said:

I have never been to Sawgrass, but I have heard it was built on a swamp.  Not the swamps of Jersey mind you, but baby I was born to run.  With this in mind, I am going strap my hands cross these engines and ride it to another mid-level finish.  I never saw Bruce in concert, and now I am kicking myself, what an entertainer.  I bet he still absolutely brings it, but he is a little older than he was a little while ago.  Weird how that works.

So who would a guy want to be fighting for him in the swamp?  I want bulldogs who won't be bullied by the tricked up BS'ery of the Players.  Give me my usual, Tony Finau.  I just think he gets it done, and darn it, I like him.  I also will pick Scottie Sheffler, why not?  He is a baller from way back in 2020.  And lastly, the fiery spaniard, Jon Rahm.  Clearly I like the guys with short backswings.

Alternate, Paul Casey.

Hope all works out for P3P this week.  It has been a struggle to dial into the next winner.

My swamp cam caught Pete and this creature in a stare down. 

Swamp GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHYnational geographic alligator GIF by Nat Geo Wild

Edited by touch
  • Haha 3

And there it is. I spied my first Ford Mustang Mach E just now at work. It's sort of in between a sedan and crossover in size.

The height of the vehicle is just right I think. 

Edited by touch
  • Confused 3

Commish going Car and Driver Magazine on you boys today.

I have yet to see a Tesla in this color. It's pretty close to the Baltic Blue I painted my MR 2.

Gorgeous

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Now if your are cruising the mountains of Montana to go play 18 with P3P you need this. The new Denali.

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, touch said:

Commish going Car and Driver Magazine on you boys today.

I have yet to see a Tesla in this color. It's pretty close to the Baltic Blue I painted my MR 2.

Gorgeous

Mr 2 blue Tesla .jpg

Commish out here at work creeping on peoples vehicles, "Sir please get away from my car" 

Commish out here at work telling everybody "if you like the way your car looks, don't date and then piss off an Italian girl from Youngstown Ohio" 

Commish out here at work valeting cars " a little to far off property" 

Commish out here at work leaning on his car telling people " Yeah I use to race on strips for strips"

Commish out here at work looking around suspiciously " Yeah, I got the stuff" opens trunk "Here's you 'whole sell' girl scout cookies"  

No commish photo needed (mic drop)

Edited by greenemachine
  • Haha 3

Ol' green spouting off about commish I'm afraid is just a fit of jealousy. See in green's mellon farming world there are no fun cars and trucks. No good looking women either. Looking a little slight there green. Try a milkshake every night to get some heft back bro. You'll never qualify for most handsome 4H mellon farmer (senior division) looking that way.

C'mon I know you want to win that weekend for two in Gulf Shores. 

Old Farmer In Field on Tractor by Danny Jones | Tractors, Old farm  equipment, Old tractors

how's Mrs. Mellon ? 

Rebekah Vardy bashes cruel Russian trolls who branded England World Cup  WAGs 'ugly' and 'hags'

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, touch said:

Ol' green spouting off about commish I'm afraid is just a fit of jealousy. See in green's mellon farming world there are no fun cars and trucks. No good looking women either. Looking a little slight there green. Try a milkshake every night to get some heft back bro. You'll never qualify for most handsome 4H mellon farmer (senior division) looking that way.

C'mon I know you want to win that weekend for two in Gulf Shores. 

Old Farmer In Field on Tractor by Danny Jones | Tractors, Old farm  equipment, Old tractors

how's Mrs. Mellon ? 

Rebekah Vardy bashes cruel Russian trolls who branded England World Cup  WAGs 'ugly' and 'hags'

Well you're right about something there commish:

There really ain't any good looking women round these parts, it's like living in a rusty antique mall all your life.

And lastly, why the hell would I want to win the senior golf package for 2 when the only club that gets used is the "Paleolithic" looking  club Mrs. Melon uses to beat my @$$ six ways from Sunday. 

Edited by greenemachine
  • Haha 1

Complete 

Standings       Week 4

• Confused 1

On 3/7/2021 at 11:43 PM, touch said:

So I'm headed to buy some wine a few days back and as I pull into the corner area where I always park I see this creature. Well it's indeed an 87 MR2,

commish knows his model years of first generation Two's

Is that the Carolina Hunting Man's green you are featuring there fella? 

That rear window shade is so strong and the Toyota logo is still clear after 33 years. I was always amazed at that pieces' durability. They look great after decades being outside. Amazing quality. 

But no thanks to your Redneck edition MR 2. Carolina boy.  Make mine blue.  

Life is funny ...

Mr2 1.  .jpg

mr2.  2 c.jpg

mr2. 3. .jpg

He should have an inflatable G.I Joe as a driver.

• Haha 3

Hey Commish its:

Z    as in Zygodactylous  

not

H   as in Hallucinogenics

• Haha 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Q man I just got out of the archives department and with it a major question arose. What in the world happened to you and Babs?? Couldn't rekindle the flame?? And Bambi and Tiffany, what happened with them??  I know I am the new guy around here but Babs was a legend. I could only find a couple small traces of her this year and the other Q groupies here. 

Page 2

Q: Groovy I'm sooooo ready for tomorrow got my junk food, booze, and other edibles all picked out. Luck everyone. 

touch: Amy, Babs, and Krissy coming over to the man cave of the Q for game day as usual? Or is week 1 a solo mission? 

Q: Bambi and Tiffany. Babs got married to some rich dude. 

Edited by greenemachine
  • Like 1

Q man, Remember one of my favorite golf jokes. When asked what's your handicap ? 

you fire back with...........bad breath and a little dick.

so the confused like you provided me does still mean you saw your player  Halitosis  ?

P3P got gesundheit when he picked Christiaan Bezuidenhout.

You guys and your wacky selections.    

😝

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, greenemachine said:

Q man I just got out of the archives department and with it a major question arose. What in the world happened to you and Babs?? Couldn't rekindle the flame?? And Bambi and Tiffany, what happened with them??  I know I am the new guy around here but Babs was a legend. I could only find a couple small traces of her this year and the other Q groupies here. 

Page 2

Q: Groovy I'm sooooo ready for tomorrow got my junk food, booze, and other edibles all picked out. Luck everyone. 

touch: Amy, Babs, and Krissy coming over to the man cave of the Q for game day as usual? Or is week 1 a solo mission? 

Q: Bambi and Tiffany. Babs got married to some rich dude. 

Bab's mother is still going strong at 89.

Grandma Dance GIFs | Tenor

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic