2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

1 hour ago, Qqq123xx said:

I'll go with food #3. Like the muskett though. And Cam Rocks that hat

You only voted food #3 because Pilgrim Paul had Emily and Franny at his side. 

• Like 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

On 9/10/2020 at 8:40 AM, touch said:

Will the following enhance my chances to go 3-0 the first week in this deal? Absolutely not as the following has nothing to do with prognosticating. 

Yet I thought I would share the following golf accomplishment that I achieved yesterday on the course in dreary drizzling conditions.

I play this course about 4 times a year. The track has the longest hole in the greater Asheville area. It is a narrow hole with banks and creeks a plenty.

I finally obtained a "circled" 5 on the scorecard on #17.

(full disclosure that touch is a grade A short knocker, and the hole does play downhill) 

All of a driver, smoked 3 wood, nutted 5 wood, and then a PW to 5 feet and drained it. The birdie gave me a one shot lead heading into the final hole. A par on 18 was enough for a one shot victory against the regular dudes I play with weekly. The commish was soaked at the end of the round yet he was victorious.  

"I'm touch and I'm a golf addict. Thanks for letting me share!" 

par 6.jpg

blck my golf .jpg

Better Call Bryon Bailey for all your "picks pool" needs!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Well as fate would have it. The Lions are... well the Lions. what looked like a comeback for the team and a 2-0 start to the diseased riddled 2020 season was lost as quickly as it came. Well fellas I thought this year( like the many years before) would be different, but the Gridiron Gods needed someone to pick on and that will forever be the boys in Honolulu Blue.

The Washington Football Team( The Skins to me) surprised a couple people this week with a 27-17 Victory over the Philling Nothing but a Loss Sheagles. It is funny how last year the Skins blew a 17-0 lead the Sheagles only to have the same thing happen to them a year later. While we are at we might as well change the fight song to Cry Eagles Cry. Part of me wants the new Washington name to be the Bravehearts. After this week one victory where everyone wrote them off after their Name and Logo were stripped from ever being used again, making them the lone no name team in American professional sports outside of soccer clubs. The team thankfully, behind the fighting spirit of Riverboat Ron himself, said "They can take our name! They can take our logo! But they can't take our W's!" All jokes aside whatever was said at halftime must have been good to rally a team like that.

Mustache Minshew Mania is alive and well in Duuuuvall! Minshew was eating good from the newly relocated Philip Rivers bakery. That man is still feeding teams turnovers in a Colts uniform. Neil Armstrong said one small step for man, one giant step step for mankind. He just forgot about D Hop in the desert and man do funny things happen in the desert. Hopkins set a career high in receptions with a new quarterback, new coach, and a new offensive scheme.?1 Yup go ahead give that man a gold jacket now. Speaking of golden jackets, Aaron Rodgers woke up Sunday looked the Packers organization in the eye and said Good Morning Neighbor and proceed to teach us how an offense should be ran. 

Battle of the Birds as the man the myth the legend Russel Wilson took the Seattle Seachickens east to say  hello to the Atlanta Dirtybirds. I know Seattle is known for their defense with the Legion of Boom in recent years, but Russ is simple the man. It seems that every time he steps back to pass the circus music is queued up and magic happens. This year though is a little different. It looks like Russ now has some running mates in D.K. Metcalf, Chris Carson( when healthy) and old reliable himself Tyler Lockette to help get them back to the Super Bowl and who knows they may actually run the ball this time. Lamar and company kept the regular season win train moving right along as they stomped all over the Browns. Vegas took down what was an inspiring game from Bridgewater and boys.

We also had the number 1 draft pick making his NFL debut there in Cincy and he about Burrowed his and the Bengals way out of an L, if it had not been for a questionable OPI call against the now healthy AJ Green. From one OPI call to the next, and yes, I am looking at you Dallas. The L.A. Rams and their new fresh Sofi Stadium was able to feed the Cowgirls and baby Zeke an L to choke on.  And yes that PI call against Gallup against Ramsey in the dwindling moments of the game was eh questionable at best. 

All in all Football is back Baby!!! 

So here is to the Steelers beating the Giants capping off what has been an excellent weekend for a down and out Redskins fan.

23 Best Memes of Aaron Rodgers & the Green Bay Packers Getting Lucky  Against the Detroit Lions

River boat Ron had to take an I.V at half time so Haskins stepped up and gave a speech. That's galvanizing and I really want them to do well more now then I have since the Gibbs era

• Like 2

Standings following Week 1 

Qqq           3-0 

puttnf8      3-0

greenchine   2-1

doctoro      2-1

Chuntsm    2-1

HigherG     2-1

NCLncr      2-1

touch         2-1

P3P            1-2

Jerebear    0-3 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Lines for picks

Week 2

Thurs.

Cincy   at   Cleveland -6.....................44

Sunday

LA Rams -1   at   Philadelphia ............46

Carolina  at   Tampa -9 .......................49

Denver  at  Pittsburgh -6 1/2 .............43

Atlanta  at  Dallas -5 ...........................52

San Fran -7  at NY Jets ......................42 1/2

Buffalo -5 1/2  at  Miami .....................41 1/2

Minnesota  at   Indy -3 .......................48

Detroit  at  Green Bay -6 ....................48

NY Giants  at  Chicago -5 1/2 ............43

Jacksonville  at Tenn. - 10 1/2 ...........43

Washington  at  Arizona -6 1/2 ..........46 1/2 

Baltimore -6 1/2  at Houston .............52 1/2

K.C. -8 1/2  at  LA Chargers ..............48

New England  at  Seattle -4 ..............45 1/2 

Monday Night

New Orleans -5 1/2  at  Las Vegas ...51 1/2 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, doctoro said:

River boat Ron had to take an I.V at half time so Haskins stepped up and gave a speech. That's galvanizing and I really want them to do well more now then I have since the Gibbs era

I am there with you doc. Finally got a little glimmer of hope with the Rivera hiring and now again with a key week 1 NFC East win too. Really I'm just glad the team has seemed to capture a winning culture again. 

• Like 2

In a nod to the Doctor, we purchased an "Upwalker" for our aging father.  It is the Cadillac of walkers for those with ambulatory issues.  The response, "I hope it wasn't too expensive."  The reply, "Only if you don't use it."  It sits in the corner in pristine condition, untouched, I think it will be brand new forever.  With this in mind, the picks will revolve around those signal callers who are closer to needing it than not.  And amazingly, they are all favored, so lock up the brakes for safety and take a seat.

Is Oakland good this year?  I don't know, but cool Brees is favored and I like it.  I see a Cajun party going on, with the attendant voodoo that he do as they march up and down the field.  Speaking of this walker, this thing would have been perfect for Jim Otto, if only they were available then.

Tom Brady is favored too.  Years ago I was at Saddlebrook (near Orlando not Tampa I don't think), back before Tom Brady ever threw a football.  I was sitting in an underground hot tub reflecting on the golf I was playing and I heard a rattling behind me.  I turned around and I was face to face with an armadillo.  I had never seen an armadillo, and it wasn't very big, yet it somehow made me incredibly nervous.  Like it was going to shoot blood out of its eyes and then burrow into my head and eat my brains.  Regardless, I don't remember the golf that well, but I do remember that night marauder.  This weekend I envision a flak jacket rattle and the Bucs feast on Panther brains.  I am calling it my Armadillo pick, its a big spread, but I think it is going to happen.

What about Big Ben?  This old man is favored as well and I always pick the Steeler game, i just have to.  Amazingly, James Conner made it for 9 rushes before getting hurt.  Big Ben is the sargeant Hulka of this unit, and the rust is starting to wear off.  Now the loss of Bruce Banner (the real Hulk) on the OL could be a serious blow to the squad, but I see Benny Snell running roughshod over the Broncos who gave up 130 rushing yards last night.  And if he doesn't, JJSS is feeling his oats.  BB walks around like he is going to fall over or his legs are in serious pain, this guy needs to drop back with the Upwalker and sling away.

Speaking of walkers, as my own body deteriorates and look to regain distance I once had off the tee, I have become a shell of myself.  The thrill of the long drive is well in my past as I slap that little orb 220 in the air and hope for roll.  Thank the golf gods though, I am still missing the fairway and punching out for the smooth 120 yard birdie try.

• Like 3

I'm seeing that AcG@gmail something has changed his account to green machine. The commish is on board with the change. It is noted. 

• Like 1

Congratulations QQQ and Puttnf8

3-0 on opening week is pretty damn good!

For all of us at 2-1, come On!  We can do better than that!  The over in Atlanta and Seattle! What the hell was I thinking!? Thats like saying I will take the under at 50 for the grand opening of a Dunkin Donuts and the first 100 get a free Cruller!  I feel like Chris Farley in Tommy Boy!

But yes 2-1 seems to be the mean! I almost wish I had gone 1-2 or 0-3! At least I could say the come back will taste even sweeter! Or I live life on the edge, live and die by the sword.  Speaking of come backs. I would be remiss if I did not give some more props to those Burgundy and gold ballers the Washington Football Team's Front 7 Ballers. Took a page out of the Eagles playbook.  Everyone remembers the miracle year they won the Super Bowl by bringing the relentless pressure to all Qb's they faced in the playoffs? I remember and that was when the TV commentators were marveling at how Doug Peterson was rotating his defensive front to keep players fresh.  My guess as the league has become a pass-centric league the emphasis is now on constant pressure on the Qb to knock them out of their "rhythm"...that is the hardest word to spell in the whole entire universe...thats how the Eagles beat Brady combined with some well timed trickery on offense and the savvy veteran play of one Nick Foles.  Segway to the WFT of 2020! How did the WFT recover from a 17 point deficit?  Rotation, rotation, rotation. Drafting defensive linemen in the last 3-4 drafts is paying off handsomely and will continue to do so. Taking Chase Young in this draft was a no brainer for me.  I am glad River boat Ron saw it the same way. He allows other guys on that line to be able to execute, and the rotation of guys in and out of the game allows those legs of veterans like Ryan Kerrigan to stay fresh in the 4th quarter and limits injury risks.  Win win all the way around.  They will have a big test against the fleet of foot Kyler Murray one of the new breed of Qb's that can run and throw accurately.  THE WFT still has a lot of work to do on offense, no bell cow rb, shoddy offensive line, basically a rookie QB still learning as he gets more experience and only one go to receiver.  But as we sit 1-0 on top of the NFC East and firmly entrenched in the playoffs as we sit now, especially this year in the Covid era, we could be there next week!  I am not being politically correct when I write WFT, I associate Redskins as the Bruce Allen, Jay Gruden s*** show, so I guess I kinda like the new lustre of the 1-0 Washington Football Team! Love the new Uniforms as well! Hail to the WFT!  Maybe I can say..."Winning in the DMV with the WFT!"

• Like 4

thought this was clever

119664914_3704536836259644_1567289849189207206_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=-T54oouTOYcAX9zMYRV&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=68c526a97d0c645e5805e7841a2350b8&oe=5F89109B

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well hopefully the Saints go marching in and do some stompin.' The Cowgirls didn't do me any favors last year so new year and all.....and thinking Pack gets it done with ease. 

N.O.   -5.5

Dal.    -5

G.B.    -6

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

This guy in the slate colored shirt along side the lady in the dusty salmon blouse are too much. Their beaming grins are all you need to see and you can figure out this couple's lives have changed since she convinced her hubby to snag an Upwalker. In the testimonials Gloria states, " We are again a couple experiencing a complete life! " She then added, " Stan hasn't been upright in years!" 

ab doer twist

3 size choices to accommodate user height from 4'4'' to 6'5'' and weight up to 350 lbs.

Accessories available to make your UPwalker your own. 
Accessories-Flashlight.png
Flashlight/Taillight
$19.99 + S&H
Out at night? This durable light serves as a headlight, flashing safety light and rear-facing taillight. Size and shape of beam can be changed by adjusting lens. Mounting bracket included.

Accessories-CaneUmbrella.png

keep your cane or umbrella within reach, handsfree, with this convenient two-piece fixture consisting of lower resting cup and upper retaining clamp. Mounts easily to either side of frame and accommodates canes and umbrellas of different length

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

I love the 4' 4" to 6'5" size range. Yes they have them for the shortest hunchbacked granny up to 5XL.

great laughs. thanks P3P 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

10 NFL Memes That Are Guaranteed To Make You Laugh | TheSportster

Thursday come and went. The battle of the Blackeye State we saw Johnny Manzell***cough cough*** I mean Baker Mayfield matching up against Cincinnati. 

A part of me wanted to say the game was gonna be a snoozer but was somewhat pleasantly surprised the combined score totaled greater than 30. Baker Mayfield and company looked sharp from the beginning and stay dialed in for most of the game. The 2 Headed monster of Chubb and Hunt looked like something out of Greek mythology. Kudos to the Browns offensive line they had the Cincy on roller skates really paving the way for the 2 headed monster. Cincinnati's offensive line was also on roller skates with play after play getting blown up by the infamous helmet to head man himself, Myles Garrett and Sheldon Richardson. With both Richardson and Garrett doing there best Kool-Aid man impersonations, Burrow looked like he was making breakfast all night the way he was scrambling. The Cincy O-line should have tried out for the matador team as they were letting everyone run through.  2 questions still remain after last night: 1. Will the real Baker Mayfield please stand up? 2: Will the Bengals ever be relevant again in this post Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, T.J Housmanzadah era?  

As for the picks of the week let's run it back this time without a DeAndre Swift Lions Baptism.

San Fran -7

Green Bay -6

Buffalo -5 1/2 

Jimmy G has more swag then an Old Spice commercial. W there in San Fran 

Little Known Secret... Mr.Rogers also worked for the circus. Can't guess how? He was a Lion timer! Easy win back home.

Josh Allen loves him some fish, he is perfect against the fins. Bills continue to make a splash against the Dolphins.

Edited by greenemachine
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, touch said:

This guy in the slate colored shirt along side the lady in the dusty salmon blouse are too much. Their beaming grins are all you need to see and you can figure out this couple's lives have changed since she convinced her hubby to snag an Upwalker. In the testimonials Gloria states, " We are again a couple experiencing a complete life! " She then added, " Stan hasn't been upright in years!" 

ab doer twist

3 size choices to accommodate user height from 4'4'' to 6'5'' and weight up to 350 lbs.

Accessories available to make your UPwalker your own. 
Accessories-Flashlight.png
Flashlight/Taillight
$19.99 + S&H
Out at night? This durable light serves as a headlight, flashing safety light and rear-facing taillight. Size and shape of beam can be changed by adjusting lens. Mounting bracket included.

Accessories-CaneUmbrella.png

keep your cane or umbrella within reach, handsfree, with this convenient two-piece fixture consisting of lower resting cup and upper retaining clamp. Mounts easily to either side of frame and accommodates canes and umbrellas of different length

I have two. And I am very sensitive. Just so you know. 

• Like 3

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

As most here know, I actually don't watch football, yet I do this and I was cajoled into a fantasy football league because I am an easy mark.

I want to laud GreeneMachine for jumping into the fray and making this thread more inspirational to check into.

As I wrote this, i had a revelation, and perhaps a new angle for Tuesdays picks, if my tiny mind remembers it...

• Like 4

On 9/18/2020 at 11:49 AM, Qqq123xx said:

I have two. And I am very sensitive. Just so you know. 

Ok Ok  I'm listening.   
Message to the commish,

That's enough of the let's have some fun ranking on the semi immobile seniors. Back on track, and back to Pro Football Stuff man. 

Ok Patriots lover I hear ya.

Cheers Q man !   

Something from Foxboro, Mass.                   ?

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Lines for picks

Week 2

Thurs.

Cincy   at   Cleveland -6.....................44