NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

my week 2 selections

we are riding the dogs this weekend here in the commish's office.

Brian Flores gets his turquoise wearing team to be in this one to the end ( though this is a flyer pick for me) so that is too many points.

Miami +5 1/2 

Atlanta is an indoor team. Jerry World is an indoor stadium. Matty Ice trades td's with Dallas, and the points in the end get me the pick.

Atlanta +5 

Wait, when was the last time Belichick GOT 4 points?  oh my I'll take 'em.

New England +4

• Like 3

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

Lines for picks

Week 2

Thurs.

Cincy   at   Cleveland -6.....................44

Sunday

LA Rams -1   at   Philadelphia ............46

Carolina  at   Tampa -9 .......................49

Denver  at  Pittsburgh -6 1/2 .............43

Atlanta  at  Dallas -5 ...........................52

San Fran -7  at NY Jets ......................42 1/2

Buffalo -5 1/2  at  Miami .....................41 1/2

Minnesota  at   Indy -3 .......................48

Detroit  at  Green Bay -6 ....................48

NY Giants  at  Chicago -5 1/2 ............43

Jacksonville  at Tenn. - 10 1/2 ...........43

Washington  at  Arizona -6 1/2 ..........46 1/2 

Baltimore -6 1/2  at Houston .............52 1/2

K.C. -8 1/2  at  LA Chargers ..............48

New England  at  Seattle -4 ..............45 1/2 

Monday Night

New Orleans -5 1/2  at  Las Vegas ...51 1/2 

It looks like  San Francisco is only giving a touchdown to the Jets. Coming off a tough loss to the Cardinals in the opener.

Kittle might not play. I can see a focused team coming to Jersey and pounding them into submission. With a three headed attack of Mostert, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon. Niners defensive line will dominate the Jets and will force at least 2 turnovers.  Niners by 16 Taking 49ers -7 Why is Adam Gase a head coach?

Green Bay giving 6 to the Lions???   This looks like a trap. Might the Lions sneak through the back door for a cover? Division game could be a sneaky cover from Matty Stafford? Nope I doubt it. Devante Adams feasts again, No Kenny Galloday for Detroit or Marcus Trufant, Green Bay -6

Hello Steeltown! Your son has returned to the fold and his brother from another Mother could not be happier. The magic that helped capture fantasy football crowns a few of years ago when when JuJu was picked up off of mid season waiver wires across this greatland. It was like a life boat for my team which was wr deficient. Steelers defense is going to win this game.  Lets take Big Ben and that front seven with JJ Watt picking up 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble sending Lock to the sidelines in the late 3rd qaurter.

Steelers -6.5

Bonus Pick U.S Open

My rooting interests J.T,J Rahm, Raffy in that order

My predictions US Open with hardly no crowd is a factor

What players feed off the crowd???

I think J.T feeds off the crowd, Reed looks like he feeds off of himself

I am gonna say Rahm,Schauffle, Reed

J.T grinding to hard in the second round might be spent by the 4th round...he needs that crowd, there's always ricky

• Like 3

20 hours ago, touch said:

Ok Ok  I'm listening.   
Message to the commish,

That's enough of the let's have some fun ranking on the semi immobile seniors. Back on track, and back to Pro Football Stuff man. 

Ok Patriots lover I hear ya.

Cheers Q man !   

Something from Foxboro, Mass.                   ?

NFL NF23 Philedelphia Eagles Logo Chrome Auto Emblem 3″ x 3″ | Patriots  cheerleaders, Nfl cheerleaders, New england patriots cheerleaders

BABS !!!!!  I thought she got married to some rich guy. That .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

The commish might start doing this weekly if it is well received. 

The "Most Popular Picks" of the bunch were, each with  players choosing them

4 players    Pittsburgh -6 1/2 

4 players Green Bay -6  and  3 players Arizona -6 1/2 

10 of the 10 players have made their picks at this point. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

On 9/18/2020 at 9:08 PM, touch said:

my week 2 selections

we are riding the dogs this weekend here in the commish's office.

Brian Flores gets his turquoise wearing team to be in this one to the end ( though this is a flyer pick for me) so that is too many points.

Miami +5 1/2 

Atlanta is an indoor team. Jerry World is an indoor stadium. Matty Ice trades td's with Dallas, and the points in the end get me the pick.

Atlanta +5 

Wait, when was the last time Belichick GOT 4 points?  oh my I'll take 'em.

New England +4

f**k dallas getting the win, but the commish starts 2-0 this week playing the dogs!

View topic - -- (☁) Storm {A Survivor's Roleplay} N+A - Chicken Smoothie

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

I believe I went 2-1. Someone had better do the math. I am a shitshow.

commish had you 1-1 with the Saints tomorrow night. Hoping that is correct. 

..........and I miss going 3-0 by 2 points (Pats+4) and by the clock expiring on the 3 yard line. Probably meant to be for the commish taking in the fact I love Russ and despise Cam.

lol

35-30 Seahawks.  Quite the contest in Seattle tonight.

2-1 again this week for the touch tabulator. 

Qqq ( 1-1 so far)  and P3P (1-1 so far)  have the Saints tomorrow night at -5 1/2

Stay tuned fellas for the standings first thing Tuesday morning. 

puttinf8, CHuntsM,touch, doctoro, greenMach, NCLncr, and Jerebear all went 2-1 this week.  HigherG had a tough go of it with 0-3 .

Again thanking all of you gents for playing along in this contest.

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

got your back Mr. Steely Mcbeam ( P3P) 

image.jpeg.12bfbbf8637c86d7fe31c689b7b3c332.jpeg

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, touch said:

..........and I miss going 3-0 by 2 points (Pats+4) and by the clock expiring on the 3 yard line. Probably meant to be for the commish taking in the fact I love Russ and despise Cam.

lol

35-30 Seahawks.  Quite the contest in Seattle tonight.

2-1 again this week for the touch tabulator. 

Qqq ( 1-1 so far)  and P3P (1-1 so far)  have the Saints tomorrow night at -5 1/2

Stay tuned fellas for the standings first thing Tuesday morning. 

puttinf8, CHuntsM,touch, doctoro, greenMach, NCLncr, and Jerebear all went 2-1 this week.  HigherG had a tough go of it with 0-3 .

Again thanking all of you gents for playing along in this contest.

Can't believe Pittsburgh could not put away Denver and kept squandering scoring opportunities.  They should have won by 3 TDs if they simply have marginal execution.

But my Cardinals are for real and the talk of the NFL (way to early!!!!).  But when the team has not had a winning record at any point in the season since 2015 - this is HUGE!Players Association Football GIF by NFLPAPray Arizona Cardinals GIF by SportsManias

• Like 3

Standings end of  Week 2

Putinforthe8     5-1

NCLancer         4-2

greenmachin    4-2

doctoro             4-2

Chuntsmn         4-2

Qqq                   4-2

touch                4-2

Pete3P              2-4

higherG             2-4

jerebear             2-4

LINES for PICKS Week 3

Thursday Night

Miami at  Jacksonville -3 ...........................47 1/2

Sunday 

Las Vegas   at    New England -6  .............47

LA Rams     at     Buffalo -2 1/2 ..................48

Houston    at   Pittsburgh -3 1/2 ................45

San Fran -4 1/2  at  NY Giants ...................41

Tennessee - 2 1/2  at Minnesota ...............47 1/2 

Washington  at   Cleveland -7 ...................44

Cincinnati  at  Philadelphia -6 1/2 .............46 1/2

Chicago   at   Atlanta - 3 1/2 ......................47 1/2 

NY Jets  at  Indy -10 1/2 .............................43 1/2

Carolina  at  LA Chargers -7 ......................44

Detroit  at  Arizona -5 1/2 ...........................54 1/2 

Tampa -6   at  Denver .................................43 1/2

Dallas   at   Seattle -4 1/2 ...........................55 1/2 

Green Bay  at  New Orleans -3 1/2 ............51 

Monday Night 

Kansas City   at   Baltimore -3 1/2 .............53 1/2 

Edited by touch

1 hour ago, touch said:

Yet you are more popular than you think P3P.

It was just the other day that I was walking downtown and I hear some young boys calling.

" commsih commish, may we ask you a question?" as the 3 of them scurried up behind me. I turned around and saw the 3 eager faces on Brandon, Chase, and Ian.

I replied, " yes young men what's up?"

Ian says to me that he and his crew have been big fans of the action posted in my Weekly 3 Picks contest thread on the WRX for numerous seasons.

Ian then goes on to ask, " Commish do you have any insider information on things?"

I reply with, " do you have something specific you are seeking Ian?" 

Then Brandon chimes in with, " yeah commish, we fellas have a side bet going regarding something in the contest and were looking for your take on the subject of that side bet."

I say to Brandon, "you dudes have me interested go on."

Brandon then asks, " About what week do you think the Pete3 guy will be way ahead in the category in which he excels in each contest?"

I come back with, " and which exact category are you guys talking about that Pete is so excellent in?" 

That's when rather shy and quiet Chase jumps in with,

" Ties man, pushes, you know not winning or losing a pick."

Brandon then shouts, " Pete3 is the king of ties commish, you know that, and we are betting on which week this season he will be far ahead in total ties, you know in a spot that nobody can catch him." 

I returned with, " Pete3 I'm told took a professional bettors online class from Vegas during the off season and just might not be that Tie King this year after all young men."

Chase added, " keep up the great work commish because we all enjoy the banter and humor that the thread possesses as well as the chance to make a little paste on the side with our bookies!"

Commish looked at the lads and said,

" Well thanks a lot boys, the thread has been a labor of love for me, so much so I am in my 5th year of doing it!" 

" You guys get good grades, stay away from that tattoo parlor, and for heavens sake wear a condom if your with one of lady Bab's daughters." 

The commish went on his way with a smile on his face and warmth in his heart. 

Old Man Talking to Two Young Boys' Photographic Print - Peter Stackpole |  AllPosters.com

What a heart-warming tale...good on ya Commish for being a beacon of light and a true hero to the youths of your fine community.

• Like 4

^  thank you NCL ?️‍♂️

Edited by touch

I suspect you football viewers are bombarded with, "these guys are warriors." or "these guys are modern day gladiators."  Little known fact, the Roman Empire created the gladiators to soothe a restless empire experiencing complacency, unhappiness, and a general distaste for all things not Roman.  Are we in the midst of a similar trend if we can all agree in many ways the US has become an "empire" without the wars, land accumulation, and slavery.  The NFL is fulfilling the complacent masses as the men give up their bodies for our entertainment.  In line with this trend to gladiators in the Roman Empire, education also began to take a back seat.  There are famous gladiators, the one most know is Spartacus.  If I ever venture into the adult film world, I will just tell you, my screen name (or the movie title) would be, "Spurtacus."  And off we go.

The greatest gladiator of all time was named Flamma, which is Latin for (you guessed it) "Flame."  This guy was on fire, and chose to remain a gladiator than accept his freedom.  Not dissimilar from Carson Wentz.  He is on fire.  0-2, angry, ready for a fight and he won't accept a trade out of the worst sports town in America.  I think the Eagles cover the spread.  Carson, give up your body one more time before going on the IR and bring P3P a much needed victory.

In college a great dad joke had to do with yogurt and the US, and how they were dissimilar.  Well, if Spiculus has been re-incarnated, he has returned as George Kittle.  As Nero fiddled and Rome burned, he dreamed of being as great a warrior as Spiculus.  In fact, when he committed suicide, he wanted Spiculus to disembowel him.  Nero was that big a fan of his.  It didn't work out.  We aren't in a much different situation today, and perhaps Kittle has been receiving similar calls from our elected officials.  I like George Kittle and Spiculus to cover the spread against the Barkley-less G-Men.

This leaves us with Spartacus, who led a group of 70 rebellious gladiators.  He was a leader amongst men, and I am sure he was the first to utter, "The standard is the standard,"  "Next man up," "we will confront that when we get there."  All of these coachisms are credited to Spartacus.  And Mike Tomlin hasn't missed a beat.  I am picking the Steelers to cover against the mighty Texans.  As an aside, I almost chose Jerry Glanville here and his tickets for Elvis, but sadly he had left the building.

If this all seems a little dour, know the money behind this MT museum has an excellent chance of becoming our governor.  I am going to saddle up my triceratops and head on out. 

Man on a triceratops.png

Edited by Petethreeput
  • Like 3

Cowgirls what was I thinking????? Looked at halftime and it was 29-10. 

Saints went marching in to tune of 17-7 and then their instruments were stolen. 

Pats, didn't expect them to win, but what a game. Thought last call formation was a bit tight and they were definitely going left. Why not spread and let Cam do his magik. 

1-2 for week and back to normal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Week 2 officially in the books. That book just might be a medical dictionary after what all transpired this past Sunday. I don't know what hurts more the league with all of it's injuries or the Jets Playoff hopes. The Pittsburgh Steelers must have had a snickers commercial shoot at time of kickoff. They weren't themselves against a (theme of the day) beaten up Broncos squad. San Francisco was put through the meat grinder with half their team now on IR. The like of Bose, Armstrong, Kittle, and Mostart all of which helped led the team to the super bowl run the had last year; gone for the year. Kansas City didn't look much better as Kicker Harrison Butner ate his Wheaties and any hope for a home opener win for the Chargers, as he hit not 1, not 2, but 3 field goals from 54 yards out.

Brett Favre was in attendance in Tampa Sunday with a Brady shirt on of all things. Brady did his best Favre impersonation throwing yet another interception. He did bounce back and make a game of it though completing 23 of 35 passes and finding Shady McCoy( really LeShean McCoy) in the end zone for 6. Garner Minshew's name in another life was Flamma, that dude is the Mary Poppins of the NFL as he, week in week out, pulls W's out of his bag when working with nothing.  The Cry Baby Shegals looked like they got hit by a truck as they took an L from the Rams. Carson Wentz should switch places with Dak Pickscott doing the sleep number commercials. Wentz seems like he is always on the ground, he might as well be comfortable.

When it came to the Dallas Atlanta game, I learned 2 things; 1: 2020 has been a helluva year with the pandemic changing life itself, it is good to see though that some things have stayed the same with Atlanta blowing a 20 + point lead. 2: I REALLY REALLY hate the Cowgirls. Josh Allen and the Herd were challenged throughout on their day trip down to Miami, with the Dolphins turning into Barracudas on defense and getting back to basics with Fitzmagic on offense. They must put something in the water down the in the 305 because the Fish play everyone hard at home, it doesn't matter what kind of year they are having. Yes I am looking at you 2018 New England Patriots in the Miami Miracle. Even though it cost me a with the spread this week this was still interesting and surprisingly an offensive shootout of a game.  Will the real Minnesota please stand up? Was Stephan Diggs or Kevin Stafanski really that crucial to your success? Right now the Vikings look more lost then me trying to understand a Game of Thrones episode. Captain Kirk looked more like Phillip Rivers than Phillip River did on Sunday tossing 3 INTs in a losing effort against the Colts. Detroit in typically Lions fashion blow a 14 point lead to  the kids in Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood. Really good to see Aaron Jones do the Lambeau Leap even without a single person in attendance. The man deserved after all as he scorched the Lions D on the ground with 168 yards and 2 scores. I know the Lions are somewhat banged up with injuries in this young season but man they looked like a pair of my old socks.... full of holes. 

Has anyone else noticed that Deshaun Watson looks made as hell every time he takes the field. Hell I would be too having my best wideout now in the desert doing work for the redbirds. Bill O' Brian is doing what Justin Bieber did to music and absolutely destroying it. Too much gambling, not enough results. God Bless you Deshaun Watson and Texans fans this and many more seasons to come will be a long one. To put a bow on it all  we finish in the entertainment capital of the world, and thankfully now 2 weeks in the Vegas Raiders themselves are very entertaining. Vegas christen it's giant roomba of a stadium with a W by holding Easy Breesy and the Bayou Boys to 24 points. Chucky really put the knife in voodoo dolls late with a nice run from a; "sorry coach I fumbled, but I got this"  Jalen Richard. Dereck Carr didn't do anything special with high octane play, but he played to the Raiders strenght right no and that is limiting turnovers and controlling the clock with the ground game. Kudos to the Raiders on changing location with with changing the culture and getting back to winning.

Lastly I wanna say thank you to all you fine gentlemen. I know it has only been 2 weeks of being in  this group, but so far so fun. Thank you.

Edited by greenemachine
  • Like 4

• touch changed the title to NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly
  • touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic