Fujikura Ventus HB Hybrid Shafts, In-Hand Pics! Blue and Black!

22 minutes ago, anthony007 said:

im in Ohio and I get my stuff in two maybe 3 days 

Thank you. That is good news

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

On 9/2/2020 at 12:32 PM, Fujikura Golf said:

Ventus Black HB 9/10 TX are two of the stiffest hybrid shafts we've made with 2.0/1.8 torques (respectively). You're still going to get the smoothness from Ventus, but expect these two models to be stout and stiff as they were designed for tour speeds and utility irons. Black HB will have a lower torque than just about anything you'll see right now, but you're still able to load it with higher swing speeds. It's also a good option for those looking for something that feels extremely stable with little to no feeling of movement through the swing. But as we always suggest, get fit to find the best one! Hope this helps!

How will ventus blue compare to atmos blue?

13 hours ago, getitdaily said:

How will ventus blue compare to atmos blue?

I really didn't hit ATMOS Blue in the hybrid, but willing to bet Ventus Blue will launch a little lower and spin less. Ventus Blue will prob feel more stout throughout the swing and will fight the left a little more.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

7 minutes ago, knudson81 said:

I really didn't hit ATMOS Blue in the hybrid, but willing to bet Ventus Blue will launch a little lower and spin less. Ventus Blue will prob feel more stout throughout the swing and will fight the left a little more.

Atmos blue is a weird shaft for me. The profile suggests it should be perfect for what I prefer. But every time I hit it I can't control the shot. There's something in the feel of it that causes me to lose the club in transition. It's almost like it needs to be a touch softer in the mid section. 

Mine arrived today from Wills People.  Article Blast has the temps down under 40 and raining so the range will have to wait until tomorrow.  Excited to try it, and am hopeful that it will perform as well as the Ventus Blue in my Fairway.  If you all see a Tour AD IZ hybrid on the BST soon you will know why

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stetson said:

Mine arrived today from Wills People.  Article Blast has the temps down under 40 and raining so the range will have to wait until tomorrow.  Excited to try it, and am hopeful that it will perform as well as the Ventus Blue in my Fairway.  If you all see a Tour AD IZ hybrid on the BST soon you will know why

I have that same hybrid setup.  What Ventus did you go with?  Looking forward to hearing how the Ventus compares to the IZ.

• Like 1

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

2 minutes ago, jokerusn said:

I have that same hybrid setup.  What Ventus did you go with?  Looking forward to hearing how the Ventus compares to the IZ.

I went with the Blue in the same length, grip, weight and flex as the IZ.  I considered going with the Black but without being able to demo I didn't want to get the 9TX.  Had it been available in the same configs as the Blue than I likely would have spent more than 3 seconds thinking about it.  That being said the Ventus Blue is a fairly low spin shaft in the woods so I figured it would be in the hybrid as well.  I have the blue in my fairway wood, and had it in my driver until a recent switch to the ZF (may be back to the ventus soon though).  

I took the hybrid out into the artic blast yesterday (high 30's and raining) and it felt really nice, much more stable at impact across all areas of the face.  By the end of the week I will have a much more clear picture of which I will use.  Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if I sold the IZ to buy another Blue to put in my driving iron but one things at a time lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stetson said:

I went with the Blue in the same length, grip, weight and flex as the IZ.  I considered going with the Black but without being able to demo I didn't want to get the 9TX.  Had it been available in the same configs as the Blue than I likely would have spent more than 3 seconds thinking about it.  That being said the Ventus Blue is a fairly low spin shaft in the woods so I figured it would be in the hybrid as well.  I have the blue in my fairway wood, and had it in my driver until a recent switch to the ZF (may be back to the ventus soon though).  

I took the hybrid out into the artic blast yesterday (high 30's and raining) and it felt really nice, much more stable at impact across all areas of the face.  By the end of the week I will have a much more clear picture of which I will use.  Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if I sold the IZ to buy another Blue to put in my driving iron but one things at a time lol

Great to hear you like it at first go. Stability is what this HB shaft is all about. Appreciate the feedback!

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

1 hour ago, Stetson said:

That's always good to hear.  One thing I need is more control with my hybrid.  How about launch/spin?  Did you notice any differences?

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Just put in an order for the Ventus Blue 9x. I typically dont play X flex shafts but the weight, torque and bend profile closely match my Accra FX 2.0 300h so figured I would give it a go blindely. Tend to miss to the left with my hybrid so hoping this will straighten it out a bit and I can change the loft sleeve from flat to standard lie angle. 

• Like 1

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

16 hours ago, agood3putt said:

Just put in an order for the Ventus Blue 9x. I typically dont play X flex shafts but the weight, torque and bend profile closely match my Accra FX 2.0 300h so figured I would give it a go blindely. Tend to miss to the left with my hybrid so hoping this will straighten it out a bit and I can change the loft sleeve from flat to standard lie angle. 

Great to hear. Ventus HB is definitely anti-left with the low tq and ultra-stiff tip. Where did you buy it from?

14 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Cant wait to try these....when I can find them for under $100 per shaft.

❤️ you fuji 

Haha. We can send you one cut in half for that price ? Kidding! We always try to be fair with our pricing and to ensure we're providing value to you guys. This Ventus HB at $200 is one of those instances...when you try it you will definitely see the value!

23 hours ago, ASN21 said:

Hey @Fujikura Golf, let's kick off that member testing soon! ?

It's coming soon, don't you worry! We wanted to wait until we had healthy inventory secured for all of our weights/flexes. A couple were delayed at factory and our dealers are buying them up quickly...Stay tuned, it won't be long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Haha. We can send you one cut in half for that price ? Kidding! We always try to be fair with our pricing and to ensure we're providing value to you guys. This Ventus HB at $200 is one of those instances...when you try it you will definitely see the value!

I know. I have a full Fuji bag right now as it is, you're not missing out on any of my money dont worry lol. Motore X in driver, pro 2.0 in wood and hyb. I do need a low/low DI shaft and it seems you guys havent really targeted that segment yet until now with the ventus.

but alas...my 1 week old baby is taking all my golf funds for now ?

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

8 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Great to hear. Ventus HB is definitely anti-left with the low tq and ultra-stiff tip. Where did you buy it from?

I have a local shop calling you guys today to order one! 

• Like 1

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

17 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

What did you guys think of TXG's video?

Fine introductory video. Would’ve preferred a comparison of any sort. Whether it was Blue v Black in the same club, or Ventus vs competitor. 

• Like 1

I see some complaining about the price of a hybrid shaft.  When I find a hybrid I trust, it stays in the bag longer than every other club except my putter.  That being said, $200 for a quality shaft is well worth it to me.  I look forward to trying one of these out!

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash 9 degree with Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
Callaway Epic Flash 5 wood (-1) with AD-TP 7S
Callaway Epic 3 and 4 hybrid with Graphite Design AD-DI 85S
Callaway X-Forged with Nippon Modus 105X 
Edel 51, 56, 60 wedges with KBS 610 stiff shafts
Scotty Cameron NP2
Ball: Titleist ProV1x

My brief review of this after having it for 3 days of very unseasonably cold and wet days:  The Fujikura account said this shaft is stable and that is the word they would most associate with the shaft and they are not wrong.  Virtually everywhere on the face will result in a surprisingly good result.  Low heel, high toe, doesn't matter because this thing doesn't twist like my ADIZ does.  If I were to comment on launch and spin it would be unfair because the weather has pushed us back to mats.  But I can say that the ball is launching lower of the mat than the IZ off the turf, which should translate well to the course.  As for the spin it was higher but it was off new/springy mats so I think that needs to be labeled at TBD.  The IZ is a great hybrid shaft, especially for someone that wants to use their hybrid off the tee more than into greens.  I think the Ventus thus far has proven it can launch lower, apex at a similar height, cover as much (or more) distance and descend steeper.  These are just my eyes and hands talking, no LM data.  If I am fortunate enough to win a shaft in the Fuji giveaway I will get LM data.  

The shaft feels great, feels stable, ball seems to get a little extra pop from center face contact, not much kick.  Typically I would hit a 21* hybrid 230 give or take, but I easily covered that today in cold and rainy conditions.

*If you happen to see a Ventus Blue on the BST that I am selling it is not a knock on the shaft, it is simply because I chose to order a heavier weight or stiffer flex after further testing.  I will be playing a Ventus HB shaft for the forseeable future*

• Like 3

I ordered the Ventus Blue about 5 days after I got my TM Sim Max fairway with the real deal Ventus w/ Velocore because is was so damn consistent.  The hybrid shaft is just as good if not better.  My miss is to overcook it to the left on occasion.  I hit fade after fade with this shaft in my Ping G410 hybrid.  Managed to hit a few straight, but I am happy with what I am seeing.  The only issue is I have to learn to trust the new shot shape with this club since I normally hit a draw.  I will keep updating as I test this out more.  

• Taylormade Qi10 LS at 10.5° - Ventus TR Blue
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (3) 15° - Project X Denali Blue 70
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (7) 20° -  Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
  • Ping G Crossover 4 - Mitsubishi MMT
  • Srixon ZX5 MKII Black Chrome 5-W, A
  • Titleist SM10 55°F , 60°M
  • Taylormade Spider Tour Z

I received my Ventus blue 8x yesterday, thanks to a crazy fast build and shipping from @willpeoples!!! Highly recommend!

I currently game a TS2 19* with GD AD DI 8x for reference. 

I got on trackman inside yesterday and range outside today 

- Launch was 12* (.3* lower than DI)

- Spin was 4100 (200 rpm lower)

- peak height was about the same (within 1-2 feet at 100’)

- dispersion (left to right) was very similar but the ventus just feels tighter (likely due to a slightly stiffer tip??)

- where I saw the biggest difference was length dispersion - this was as tight as any short iron- actually couldn’t believe how tight it was. 4 yards for 7 shots (not cherry picked) and one was off the heel
- ball speed was also higher and with the same club speed, I was getting 6 more yards. This also surprised me. 

outside today gave me the window I was expecting and confirmed the #’s. 

Take this for what’s its worth, but my son and I like to aim at silly targets (tree trunk, flag pole, ball picker...) used the hybrid and tagged 2 trees, one ball picker and one miss.... we just looked at each other and laughed. Unless it performs wildly different on the course, the DI will be for sale very soon. 

• Like 1

TM SLDR 10.5* - Aldila RIP Beta 60X
913 FD 15* - Motore Speeder TS 8.3X
913 HD 20* - D+ 92X
712 U 4 & CB 5-PW C-Taper S+
sM4 50.12, 54.11, 60.10 C-taper S
see More M3 Platinum