MEMBER REVIEWS: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro Fairways and Hybrids! See What Members Are Saying!

TourEdgeTesting.jpg.f6ba3433b73de49dab4b3acc2390a95b.jpg

We have members testing out the new Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro fairways and hybrids! Please feel free to ask them any questions you might have! The members testing these new Exotics EXS Pro clubs are...

@spring7

@Augster

@driveandputtmachine

@Red4282

We also want to give a big THANK YOU to Tour Edge for putting on this testing event!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

As always, thanks to Tour Edge Exotics and GolfWrx for allowing us to have this opportunity!

This switch back to the old forum format has me a little lost, so please forgive me as I navigate this review. I have lots of picture and videos but I think I will do the review in parts, to make it flow better. This will be part 1 of 3, at least thats my plan.

I was chosen to test the hybrid out, and it couldn't have come at a better time for me, as this part of the bag was a struggle lately. 
About me: 

Handicap 0.4

Driver ball speed: mid 160’s.

Current hybrid- Taylormade M1 tour issue 21 degree. Also recently 19 degree gapr lo.

I chose the 18 degree with Hzrdus Smoke black 85g 6.5 x flex.

A mild disclaimer, I had some preconceptions coming into this review, and I was totally wrong in a lot of ways. I will discuss that later, but for now Id just like to talk about this clubs looks, sound and feel.

In my opinion, they hit a homerun with this hybrids look. Simple, black, compact. Sets up perfectly square. Point and shoot. Compared to the my M1, it has more of a fairway metal shape, rather than a iron type hybrid. Sole has a bit more of “sole radius” (Camber-heel to toe) which in my opinIon is great for digging it out tough lies and sidehill lies. Probably not the best for someone who hits it low on the face a lot, and has trouble getting the ball up. 

My first preconception was I wasn't a huge fan of the color-way. More so with the head cover than the club itself. The red and blue on the club is very minor and really cant be seen unless looking straight at the toe. The head cover though, I thought was just busy, and not in my taste. However, it has grown on me, and to be honest I kind of like it now. It definitely looks better in person than in pictures. 

Sound- I was expecting a slightly more muted sound, and to my surprise it does have a slight metal like pop to it. Its nothing offensive, and I don't mind it, I'm not a huge sound guy unless its totally ridiculously loud. You can hear it when Post my videos on the second part of the review, which i will go into details about its performance, which is even better than this club looks. Stay tuned!

edit: part 2 is down below.

E98F25C9-EE1F-4856-A094-2BE182EDFAF4.jpeg

48B17D23-BB89-4F6F-A87C-72D9C40D5C04.jpeg

11E81630-A8B5-4B6D-A8D0-E95523140B07.jpeg

61AE531E-8F5E-481F-BE58-483010DAEB19.jpeg

F7E6B847-8FBA-49FC-95DD-EB5601F4E8C0.jpeg

5E10DFFE-4ED5-49AB-A866-3E6B46CB75A6.jpeg

7EB530C3-AD7D-4796-B03B-CF6944228185.jpeg

5A06F94B-3F20-43EE-A322-E3CC35F636FF.jpeg

Edited by Red4282
  • Like 1

Checking in.  I have just started to put it through the paces. I am hoping to get on a Trackman as well.  Look for a write up soon, but I am open to questions.

The Club

EXS Pro 15°

Mitsubishi Tensi Orange Stiff

The Player

10 handicap, strong fairway wood player.

Driver SS was 98 last January.

***UPDATE 8/30/2020*****

I have been dealing with some foot issues on and off so I have only put 2 range sessions and 2-9 hole rounds on this club.  I have used the Original Taylor Made RBZ Tour 3 (14.5*) wood for most of the last 7 years.  I have rotated other 3/4 woods in the rotation, but 90% of the time I have been playing the RBZ and I am not sure anyone has improved on this club off the tee, but it was always a bit too deep to effectively hit off the deck for me.  The face has a crack so before this test and maybe after I have a Titleist 917f2 15* in the bag

On the range this club is a rocket launcher, strong trajectory with a very straight ball flight and amazing sound.  The first time I went to the range I was with a co-worker, who is mid single digit handicap still playing an almost entire Titleist lineup from the 910/695 era.  I told him that I was going to get to test out this new 3 wood a few days prior, but he probably forgot about that 10 minutes after he walked out of my office lol.  Anyway, after a dozen balls he asked what I was hitting because he was impressed with both the sound (SOLID THWACK with a slight ping) and the ball flight.  I let him hit it, he was hitting it past his driver when using a tee, but the overall club length was too long for him to hit it off the deck effectively.  He is 5'5" with shoes on.

The appearance at address is the perfect blend of height and length, I also really like the absence of an alignment aide on the crown of the club.  The 917f2 has that flattened look that is not pleasing to my eye.

On the course I still need a lot more time with it, but there is a very tight driving hole where I play that has a left tree lined fairway and my tee shot was heeled and I embarrassingly hit a tree, well, my ball came right back at me: Total Driver distance = negative 8 yards.  I proceeded to hit my second shot with the TEE EXS Pro and hit the longest 3 wood I have hit off the deck in 20 years.  I had 125 left in for my 3rd shot on a 380 yard hole.  The ball absolutely jumps off the face, I have not hit it into a green, so I am not sure how well this club will do holding a green from over 220 yards out.

More to come when I can get more time with this club.  My initial impressions are very positive and if possible, I 100% recommend a demo if you are in the market for a powerful 3 wood.  Again, I need more time, but if I had to choose my club again I may have went with the 4 wood to reduce the distance gap between my driver and fairway wood.

It's in the bag, it's in the bag.........

I have been able to play more rounds with the club and I am very pleased with its performance  I was worried that it might be a one trick pony of just hot-flat ball flight, but I am able to flight this off the deck in order to achieve a more controlled landing or hit it low and let it tumble a bit.  Currently, this 3 wood has the unique ability to be very effective from the tee as well as the turf. The feel, sound and forgiveness of this club makes it unique.  I am contemplating adding the 5 wood, but right now I am waiting for a EF that I bought off of the classifieds to arrive as I had one of these and let it go too quickly.

Thank you to Tour Edge and Golfwrx for making this happen - I hope the limited run was a success and will continue for some future product releases.

F3428FCC-80A6-4696-84AA-82E03034A996.jpeg

C12A624C-9CAC-4892-BC09-79756257D997.jpeg

3E8D0D84-88DE-4E5D-B2E4-887747370BD6.jpeg

3AC45A38-03BA-452E-A2EB-7C7D079E91F9.jpeg

Edited by spring70
Adding review content/Adding more content
  • Like 1

Titleist Tsr2 9*

TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5*

PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 16*

PXG 0317X Gen 4 20.5*

Ping i210 5-P (26*-45*)

Ping iE1 50*

Ping Glide 3.0 54*/58*

Ping Fetch

I am testing the 17* hybrid in the Tensei X flex.  

First things first.  This hybrid looks dead sexy, as soon as I opened the box, it just sat so well and had all the right lines.   None of that, closing time and take home whatever is available.  Nope, zero, nada.  This hybrid is the 10 that walks into the bar and even the band pauses a little to take a long deep look at who just walked in.  You know the one that you have no business talking too, but yet you feel like you have to take a chance.

The G410 LST driver that I have is exactly the same way.  Just sets up soooo pure and well.

i have hit it about fifteen times on the course and have been to the range twice with it.  Unfortunately I was in the middle of our club championship qualification series, and I have a special place in my heart with my ping G400 17* hybrid. In an average round I hit my Ping 7 times off of the tee, and maybe once or twice into a par 5.  So i could not switch right before our qualifying rounds. The Pings are notoriously good at not being complete hybrid hook machines, but you have no problem hooking them when needed.  They can easily go left if you don’t pay attention though.

The Ping G400 hits the ball nice and high for a 17* club, and if you’re not careful can get away from you with some lefts, I have the tour 85 X flex in it.  The TE has the Tensey AV silver 75 X flex in it.  The weight is similar to the 85 tour, but the overall club balance is different.  Not bad as such, just different.  I am a huge fan of UST Mamiya in my hybrids, so I may end up swapping in either a tour black or tour blue hybrid shaft.

What I’ve seen so far.......

The TE pro in 17* has a big anti left bias.   As in you have to work pretty hard to put a draw on the ball.  You want a hybrid that hits high ball speed cuts on the regular?  Yeah, you can stop looking.  This thing has less left bias that the Ping G410 hybrids in the flat setting, less than the super hybrid, less than any of the Apex hybrids.

Stats.  I had a guy with a Mevo plus that I played the other afternoon with.  We had a pretty good gap behind us, so I dropped 8 balls on each par 5 at about ten yards farther than I could hit my Ping for some shots into the green.  What I saw was interesting, no claim of 20 yards farther or anything like that, but I saw an average of 6 MPH more ball speed with pretty much the same swing speed (1MPH difference). Slightly better smash, spin was within 200RPM, launch was close, with the Ping being a smidge higher.  All in all there was about a 6 yard difference advantage to the TE.

Turf interaction, better than the Ping overall.  I think I like the Ping a smidge better from the rough.

Putting.   Yes, you read that correctly.  No, you were not dosed at a Grateful Dead show.   My club has a ton of closely mown areas with downhill lies where you’d be pitching it back uphill.  I like using my hybrid for these shots.  I saw nothing out of the ordinary, no HULK SMASH putts rolling miles past the flag with a super hot face.

Will the TE dethrone the Ping?

Well it has done better than any club has ever done before it.  I have to setup differently to the TE, and I will absolutely re grip it with a midsize grip this week.   That being said I will give it every chance to win the spot in my bag because it looks down right sexy.  Will the Tensei be a good shaft for me?  Hard to say, I have never gotten great results with the wood shafts, but I have the Yellow HZRDOUS in my driver and 3 woods and I have hated the smoke shaft every time I have tried it, so the Tensei was a better choice to try.

I am playing on Saturday and Sunday this weekend, and will pull the Ping completely put of the bag and take the TE on a couple of swanky dates to see how she treats me with a few bucks on the line.

Copy of 20200814_093613.jpg

Copy of 20200814_093403.jpg

Copy of 20200814_093353.jpg

Copy of 20200814_093322.jpg

Copy of 20200814_093219.jpg

Copy of 20200814_093256.jpg

Copy of 20200814_093311.jpg

Edited by driveandputtmachine
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

4 hours ago, spring7 said:

Checking in.  I have just started to put it through the paces. I am hoping to get on a Trackman as well.  Look for a write up soon, but I am open to questions.

The Club

EXS Pro 15°

Mitsubishi Tensi Orange Stiff

3AC45A38-03BA-452E-A2EB-7C7D079E91F9.jpeg

F3428FCC-80A6-4696-84AA-82E03034A996.jpeg

C12A624C-9CAC-4892-BC09-79756257D997.jpeg

3E8D0D84-88DE-4E5D-B2E4-887747370BD6.jpeg

Looking forward to your review, I have the Pro driver, its a great driver, but have only considered the fairway woods, would like to know what your trackman numbers are and how it plays on the course. And how  your current fairway compares to this club., Thanks

• Like 1

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

First update in

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

This is part 2 of my review, if you missed part 1, scroll up! 

For part 2, I wanted to talk about the EXS Pro’s performance, because this is where the rubber hits the road for me, and for it to have any chance at going in my bag, it needs to produce results. 

I had a couple of concerns when I ordered the EXS pro, one of those being the shaft choices.  While the tensei and hzrdus smoke black are fine shafts, I prefer a heavy shaft in my hybrids. The heaviest available was the hzrdus smoke black at 85g. I currently play a 100g Aldila RIP Phenom in my m1, so i was concerned about it being on the light side.

The second concern I had was TEE claims this hybrid will be a low launch low spin club. I had a gapr lo in the bag for about a year, and that club is a beast but at the end of the day, approaches into par 5s was really hindering my scores, as it was just too low of a ball flight.  I switched back to the M1. I need something that will be versatile, can hit fairways on tight holes, hit high approaches into par fives, and even ability to keep down in the oklahoma wind. 

First trip to the range and all my concerns were completely squashed. Very impressed with the hzrdus smoke, and this combo, as it is balanced perfectly, and swinging it feels so natural. The ball was launching with ease. I had zero issues with low ball flights. Id say most of my shots produced a mid launch and mid/low spin. This club does NOT want to go left. Even more so, i have the 20 gram (heavier weight) in the heel, and lighter weight in the toe, and its still remarkably anti left.  I had a right to left wind on the range and i was just hitting beautiful cuts holding against the wind. Cut shots dont exactly come easy to me either. 

Another thing i noticed is I think this sole helped save a miss of mine. Occasionally ill get a little steep, and the toe will dig a bit and/ or catch some turf causing almost a drop kick, high toe shot. Results usually a high weak push shot that falls 20-30 yards short of my normal. I think the slipstream sole combined with the increased sole radius, minimized this miss. The ball seemed to be a little hotter, still a miss but maybe 10 yards short, and not as far of a push.

Finally, This Sunday, my brother in law invited me to join him for a round, and they wanted to play white tees. As a scratch, i wasn't too thrilled about it but i figure this would be a great opportunity to put the TEE EXS Pro to work. Didnt hit it as much as I anticipated but i did hit 3 shots with it. 2 off the tee on tricky par 4s. Both holes had a creek running down the left side with OB on the other side of the creek, so left is DEAD. Right had trouble on both holes as well but not as bad. I smoked both tee shots right down the middle. The third shot was on a par 5, had 225 to a front pin into a 10-15mph wind. It was going to take a good knock to get it there, as i anticipate this club flies about 240 for me. Had a slight mishit, toe side, ball started right side of green and held its line nicely. Ended up about 10 yards short of green and just off to the right. I can live with this miss, as it didnt punish me too badly, and still had a great opportunity for birdie.

Im going to try and get out again later this week or next week and hit some shots from some rough. I also am going to get some launch monitor data and provide that as part 3 of my review.

Here are some videos i took at the range. One is just to give you audio feedback of a sweetspot hit. The other two are in slow motion so you can see the ball flight. One is a nice pinch cut holding that right to left wind, and the other is a nice high ball. Edit: order got screwed up. First: high ball, second: audio, 3rd: pinch cut

Edited by Red4282

That hybrid looks amazing.  Great reviews, looking forward to hearing more.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

I was able to go get some data yesterday on a Gc2 with the EXS pro. I had some interesting findings, mainly regarding the issue i was having with this spot in my bag.

On good strikes, averages with the EXS pro 18 hybrid:

Ball speed: 148

Launch: 13

Spin: 3700

average carry: 238

These numbers seem to be spot on for what im looking for in this spot between my 3 wood and 4 iron. Hit a few with my m1 to compare and my issues were on full display. Not apples to apples because of different lofts (21 turned down to 20), but the m1 was spinning off the planet. I was averaging 5000 on good strikes, with ball speeds around 140, launching at 14-15.The spin was killing my distance, averaging 215-220 carry, which is really crowding the 4 iron and leaving a huge gap for the 3 wood.

Back to the EXS Pro, another thing that i thought was interesting, was i hit a few high toe side, and ball speeds dropped down into the low 140s, but spin dropped down too, to the high 2000s. Lost some carry, but roll out kept my dispersion pretty good. Ive already seen this firsthand on a golf course, and its a nice comfort to know. 

After I was done I wondered over to the used clubs for sale and low and behold, there was a TEE CBX 19 degree hybrid. I couldn't help but noticed the EXS pro is very very similar in shape, profile and overall looks. The exs pro has the added slipstream sole, and removable/adjustable weights, that the cbx doesnt have. Just thought id share, in case any of you have used or familiar with the cbx, that the EXS Pro is a better version of that in my opinion. 

I am playing later this week and will update you on how it performed in my round.

I now feel like I can offer some final thoughts on this club. I can honestly say without a doubt it performs as good as anything on the market if not better. I imagine for most low handicappers it will check all the boxes. Sleek, classic, anti left mid launching mid spin, and very versatile. This club has earned the spot in the bag. I dont think i would have bought this club if it werent for testing, but it has opened my eyes a bit. Two additions to my bag this year, and some of the best performers, have come from a bit of under the radar clubs.

The only honest critiques i have,  are I wish there were a heavier stock shaft option. If i were opting for a 22 degree, this would be a deal breaker. That may just be my preference but a lot of low handicappers with decent speed like similar builds. I also think the price point could just be slightly lower. At $249, its right inline with Taylormade Sim, Callaway Mavrik, Mizuno clk. Only the Titleist ts2/3, and Callaway super hybrid come in higher at $279 and $299.  Ping g410 and Cobra sz come in lower at $229. It is interesting that it is “limited edition”, and not sure what to make of that. I just feel it would do better selling at a price just under the major competitors, around the $220 range. Im really splitting hairs here, and reaching to find a valid critique, as this club is a winner, hands down, solid 9.5 out of 10.

Edited by Red4282
  • Like 1

I was also lucky enough to be chosen to give the EXS Pro a shot, and this is my review. 

First, thank you very much Tour Edge and GolfWRX for the opportunity to try out and review this club. 

I’ve been a Tour Edge fan since the Exotics line first came out. I’ve had other 3-woods since my TEE cup face 3-wood from yesteryear, but none that I’ve actually hit better. So I was excited for the opportunity and couldn’t wait to try out Tour Edge’s newest 3 wood. 

Package arrived August 12th and I put it in my bag right away. I went with the 15* 3wood with a Tensei Orange 70 gram stiff shaft. I’ve never tried this shaft, but from the fitting description on the Tour Edge website, this seemed to be the one to fit me best. 

Since I received the club I’ve given it a good run through. A couple of range sessions and 16 rounds of golf. Including 4 rounds of tournament golf and my club championship. So a very good workout for the club in my opinion. 

I took it to the range and gave it a try. I really like the feel. The weight and flex seem right for me. Comparing it head to head with my Wishon, I’d say ball for ball the EXS Pro is at least 10 yards longer on horrid shots. We have a flag on the range which is 200yards. When I strike my Wishon well, it flies the pin and lands somewhere on the back of the green and rolls off over. When I miss the Wishon, I either bounce to the front of the green or short of the green. 

With the EXS Pro I carried the green when well struck, but more importantly, when I missed it, I was still bouncing and rolling out to at least pin high. I don’t have a club in my bag that I can mishit 200 yards off the ground, so this looked very promising. Nothing worse than standing 235 out on a par 5, giving it a go with your 3 wood, then you miss it bad and have 65-70 yards in. That happens all too often to me. With the EXS pro, even when missed, it should put me close to the front edge. Very promising. 

I let my son hit the EXS Pro also. He’s 18 and swings faster than I do. He hit it really well. Way better than I do. He was smoking most all of them and carrying the 200 green no problem. An EXS Pro is likely in his future. 

To the course. As I said, I’ve played a lot of rounds of golf with the EXS now. All money games or tourneys. What I have found, and this is true from all the newer “low profile face” 3 woods like the EXS Pro and the Callaway Epic SZ etc. is that I really struggle getting face contact with the smaller heads when hitting it off the ground. 

When I use the EXS off a tee on shorter par 4’s where placement is important, it’s a stripe show. I hit it 220-240 in most cases and it’s really easy to draw it. It has given me an option I usually don’t have as I’ve never had a 3 wood I’ve hit off the tee better than the EXS Pro. I don’t hit 3 wood off the tee because I’m so bad at it with every other 3 wood I’ve owned. But the EXS Pro I really like off the tee. I don’t know if it’s a lower CG or what, but it works really well for me. 

Off the deck, though, is another matter. The smaller face has me all messed up. As you can see, the lower leading edge of the face tapers to a really small line. Unfortunately due to being horrible at golf, I hit most of my shots off the 1-groove. On this club, and others like it as I’ve mentioned, I have the same problem.

My on course performance has been up and down with this club. When I make a good swing and catch some of the face, it outperforms all other 3 woods I’ve ever owned. It is an awesome, penetrating ball flight that just goes and goes. I’ve hit a few on the screws and have said, “Wow” afterward. I got to one green at 265 when I was expecting just a short layup. I never get on the green when I’m outside the 250 plate. It doesn’t happen. Hard ground, high wind behind, doesn’t matter. I don’t get to the fringe from outside the 250 plate. I did get there one time with this club and I was speechless. I’m not long at all and that was crazy. So this club, I feel, is awesome for me when I pure it. It stays in the bag for that reason plus it’s so easy to hit off the tee. 

But, due to the lower edge design and my horrid swing, that lower edge design doesn’t work for me a lot of the time. Lots of 185 yard thin shots, which are okay, but way more cold tops than I’m used to from other lower edge 3-wood designs. I pretty much need a flat lower edge, like the old Adams Tight Lies series from the 90’s. When I 1-groove those, it rarely ends up as a top. 

In conclusion after all this rambling, the Tour Edge EXS Pro will stay in my bag. I love it off the tee. I love it when I pure it off the grass. It’s longer than any other 3wood I’ve owned. Even slight mishits go much further than slight mishits with my current 3wood. It’s a great club. The only change I’d make to it would be a wider sole/leading edge. It would help reduce my more than occasional top with this club. I’m going to try to “sting” 3-wood more often and hope to eliminate that miss and let the club perform. 

Thank you Tour Edge and GolfWRX for the opportunity to give this excellent club a workout. 

7A8D5CB8-7DCB-4500-BA95-599F36568780.jpeg

E03D528A-C718-4E56-B3DF-CC192810A625.jpeg

A6152BB2-8096-4F1F-86A4-9AED0F5F1D84.jpeg

5D6B060B-4A15-4D09-A8F8-18F3025A66FD.jpeg

463CC13A-3BB8-4E88-B023-21430620751F.jpeg

3D9893B1-E645-4EC1-AE8C-76400C69A4E4.jpeg

E31DB073-B85B-4F83-BDBD-50861AF06E81.jpeg

• Like 1

SO........today I left the Ping at home and played only with the TE hybrid.

Things did not go well.  The cub head still looks great, but the shaft is just not for me.  I am not sure if it is the the weight total weight, or what it is, but the Tensei is just not the shaft for me.

When hit on the screws, which happened exactly once out of the 5 times I hit it today.  I hit the first right on the screws, perfect with a slight cut, just like the way I planned it.  One was a smother hook that was 5 feet off the ground.  The third was a pull hook.  Both of these shots are common for me with shafts and a total weight that is not in my wheel house.  The third was a toe hit that went online, but was wWAAAYYYYYYY short.  Last shot was another tee shot shot on a dogleg left that was in pretty good shape.

Well I have decided that a UST Mamiya Black 100 gram shaft that I will be installing this week and hope to get out to the range on Wednesday.

I am not ready to give up on the hybrid, because the looks are so good, and I think the shaft and total weight are just not suited for me.

• Like 1

Played yesterday and hit the exs pro 4 times with mixed results. 

2nd hole, 2nd full swing of the day (no warm up)

F89D9A2B-3092-41E0-9817-E0D9C0B8F2A4.jpeg.9d503e9c5b4faa43fdcdc3452c9743ae.jpeg2AAFDD28-4CC9-4638-AEA9-247BD235A58F.jpeg.877438f7199189d117fd450f59c80288.jpeg

was aimed at left edge if first bunker and hit a slight push. Wound up in the second bunker which led to a bogey.

Hole 14. Fully warm and in my groove now and had a good look at getting home in two on this par 5. Had 220 to middle, slightly uphill and into a light breeze. I estimated 235. Hit a push pin high into the bunker. Ball was slightly above my feet which i may have over compensated.

7083A78F-6AFC-464A-97E6-A0466EFC7D9B.jpeg.e6fca9e7449e887f247200966b52393b.jpeg

Hole 17, and this courses signature hole. A very difficult tee shot. I mishit the tee shot, felt low and heely, but it was a nice baby cut right down the gut. Might of lost 10-15 yards from mishit, but happy to find the fairway on this hole.

C08D85D8-929F-467F-B3D0-38FFA9895074.jpeg.8d0220c4908a539f621f22fd8bead453.jpeg58329132-37B3-45A7-AEA1-3A66CAC1DA11.jpeg.1daf30e563d37530714807eecd5e2549.jpeg

Last, hit it on 18. 90 degree dogleg left par 4 with water all down the left. Smoked this one right down the middle. Still managed 235 even though into a 10 mph wind. 
B9B0E6FB-D042-4288-9266-E5D2254069E4.jpeg.18c1f73c81b05098da6c8236ea7b5d4f.jpeg

I was pleased with my tee shots on 17 and 18, but the two pushes on 2 and 14 arguably cost me 2 strokes. I think I have to learn really trust the antileftness of thus club. I still have yet to hit anything more than a 5 yard draw, which is crazy because my miss with everything is definitely an overdraw.

So we had our match play portion of our club championship last weekend.  I was not about to put a brand new club in the bag, especially when I had been having issues with feeling good over it due to the shaft.

I pulled the shaft last night, and will be re-shafting with the UST that I know I have gotten along with in other hybrids over the years.  I want to give the club a fair shake, and the Tensei just was not gonna let me do that.  In hind sight, the Project X would have been better choice for testing, but I knew it wasn't a great shaft for me, I just had no idea the Tensei would be so off.

I will put in some more range time this week on Thursday or Friday and will be playing on Saturday and Sunday with it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 2:43 PM, knudson81 said:

TourEdgeTesting.jpg.f6ba3433b73de49dab4b3acc2390a95b.jpg

We have members testing out the new Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro fairways and hybrids! Please feel free to ask them any questions you might have! The members testing these new Exotics EXS Pro clubs are...

@spring7

@Augster

@driveandputtmachine

@Red4282

We also want to give a big THANK YOU to Tour Edge for putting on this testing 

Thanks for the reviews, decided that  the Tour Edge Exotic Pro driver , 3 and 5 wood deserved a spot in my bag. Very pleased with the clubs, some of the  best feeling, sounding and distance woods that I have had. Performance is impressive. Would advise everyone to look into these series of woods, test them for yourself against what you currently use.

Edited by puttingmatt
  • Like 1

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

• 1 month later...

I don't have the Pro model I have the EXS 220 2H and 3H with the HZRD shaft as these clubs are amazing from 225 yds and 210 yds out. I have reach so many greens this far out had so many eagle putts attempts since using these 2 clubs. (don't ask me how many I've made Lol) Nice feel and nice sound. Very straight penetrating flight. Say whatever you want about being an old mans club these have made me a believer. 

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip